Respect ultimate hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
He's a mean green pimpin machine, he has ripped Logan in half, he has pooped up an alien that beat the hell outta cap. He's the ultimate hulk, AND HE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willRules
scans?

steverules
Yup want them. I wanna have a sig with the hulk ripping wolvie in two but having Gambits head on wolvies body.

Ex11B
And he eats people also. laughing

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by steverules
Yup want them. I wanna have a sig with the hulk ripping wolvie in two but having Gambits head on wolvies body.

You should provide scans or list of his feats before making a respect thread. mad

roughrider
I consider Ultimate Hulk to be a dispicable creature, but have your fun.

King KAM
Originally posted by roughrider
I consider Ultimate Hulk to be a dispicable creature, but have your fun. what are you talking about he is BRILLIANTLY written....far better than normal hulk

also with ultimate thor, his is brilliantly written.

King_Mungi
Actually I like the idea of "monster" Hulk, but I havn't read his apperances other than the Hulk vs. Wolverine mini so don't know how well written it is.

steverules
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You should provide scans or list of his feats before making a respect thread. mad

I can't post scans because I don't have a scanner, you might but I don't.

Heres a bio for those who don't know him to well http://comicbooks.about.com/od/characters/p/hulkbio.htm

willRules

Yep thats what I meant. If you can't provide the scans, don't expect everyone else to do so.............

steverules
Shut up Will. I'm sorry but its not my fault that I don't have a scanner. You don't have to post scans. The only thing I can really post is some pics on the internet and thats about it. Plus I don't have any comics with ultimate hulk in them! And I'm not asking you to post scans now am I! I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to make a thread just because I don't have a scanner. Are you saying that anyone who doesn't have a scanner can't make a respect thread!?!

willRules
Shut up Will. I'm sorry but its not my fault that I don't have a scanner. You don't have to post scans. The only thing I can really post is some pics on the internet and thats about it. Plus I don't have any comics with ultimate hulk in them! And I'm not asking you to post scans now am I! I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to make a thread just because I don't have a scanner. Are you saying that anyone who doesn't have a scanner can't make a respect thread!?!

Nope but you are expected to provide pictures in one way or another. I don't have a scanner but I found a link to lots of feats on the Captain America respect thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

H. S. 6
No scans = No respect thread.

DarkCrawler

Yeah, thats about it. Or then, you could post a list of his feats.

Scoobless
I have scans of Ult Hulk..... but i can't be bothered posting them just now

stick out tongue

steverules
Originally posted by willRules
Nope but you are expected to provide pictures in one way or another. I don't have a scanner but I found a link to lots of feats on the Captain America respect thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh wow, good for you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DigiMark007

And now for some basic Respek Thread Rules:

1. Don't make a respect thread that already exists
2. If you start the thread be prepared to posts scans of the character, or at the very least specific feats and issue numbers. Don't rely on others to post stuff.
3. Don't post respect threads for people that suck (lol). Shocker would be a nice example of this. No way in hell that guy needs respect.

nathan summers
Ultimate is a cancerous tumor on the rear of society. Marvel needs to focus on mainstream instead of pushing this Heroes Reborn mush. THEY MADE A GAY COLOSSUS! GAY! WTF?! I'm done. Thank you..

willRules

exactly yes

Black Adam
Originally posted by nathan summers
Ultimate is a cancerous tumor on the rear of society. Marvel needs to focus on mainstream instead of pushing this Heroes Reborn mush. THEY MADE A GAY COLOSSUS! GAY! WTF?! I'm done. Thank you..

Don't realy like the Ultimate line aswell.

willRules
I think the Ultimates are great especially ultimate cap (easily the best ultimate character IMO) ultimate x-men is fairly good, ultimate spider-man is pretty rubbish except for ultimate Black cat.................

who?-kid
Ultimate is a cancerous tumor on the rear of society. Marvel needs to focus on mainstream instead of pushing this Heroes Reborn mush. THEY MADE A GAY COLOSSUS! GAY! WTF?!
So ? If that's your main complaint... confused

steverules
exactly yes

LOL, so please tell me Will what was said because you seem to have a blank quote.

King KAM
Ultimate is a cancerous tumor on the rear of society. Marvel needs to focus on mainstream instead of pushing this Heroes Reborn mush. THEY MADE A GAY COLOSSUS! GAY! WTF?! I'm done. Thank you.. this shows that you are nothing but a main stream nutthugger, if you read the ultimates you would know how good they were.....its sad that all you care about is character stats and not enough about storyplot and character range.....you are a sad sad comic reader...

Murda Mase
I think the Ultimates are great especially ultimate cap (easily the best ultimate character IMO) ultimate x-men is fairly good, ultimate spider-man is pretty rubbish except for ultimate Black cat.................

Yeah Ultimate Cap is great him and Ultimate Thor are my favorite.

The Ultimate line is great.

Ultimate Spider-Man is fire(cool for none ebonics speakers) too.

King KAM
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Yeah Ultimate Cap is great him and Ultimate Thor are my favorite.

The Ultimate line is great.

Ultimate Spider-Man is fire(cool for none ebonics speakers) too. ultimate cap is obviously great, but yes ultimate thor is GREAT he is sooo original....i love it.

willRules
LOL, so please tell me Will what was said because you seem to have a blank quote.

click on the hyperlink called post and it will tell you wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scoobless

The bigotry forums are on other sites .... not here

Scoobless

Ultimate Spidey is freakin' great man.... whatchoosmokin?

steverules
click on the hyperlink called post and it will tell you wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats great.

roughrider
Ultimate Hulk did so many sick and violent acts right off the top, it's like the character's been painted into a corner. How can he be redeemed?

nathan summers
Originally posted by who?-kid
So ? If that's your main complaint... confused

No. My main complaint is the lack of creativity Marvel has shown in the presentation of comics. Instead of creating new and innovative characters and comics they simply regurgitate virtually the same thing to us and expect it to be revolutionary. They failed with 2099 attempted again with Heroes Reborn and finally after enough advertisement and lack of Rob Liefeld they suceeded with " Ultimate " Marvel. And people buy it. Not unlike the movie industry, they're taking the safe road instead of being creative and attempting truly new directions. I find Ultimate Marvel to be akin to getting a gift I gave someone else who merely added a new coat of paint. It's bad.

nathan summers
Originally posted by King KAM
this shows that you are nothing but a main stream nutthugger, if you read the ultimates you would know how good they were.....its sad that all you care about is character stats and not enough about storyplot and character range.....you are a sad sad comic reader...

Yes, I do prefer the mainstream comics. I've read some of the Ultimate titles and found absolutely nothing fantastic about them. The same situations have been displayed in the mainstream. It's like watching the first King Kong movie and then seeing the NEW one and acting as if it's something innovative and new when it's not. It's the SAME thing in a new package. I'm a sad comic reader? That's your opinion. But don't belittle me for my opinions.

roughrider
No. My main complaint is the lack of creativity Marvel has shown in the presentation of comics. Instead of creating new and innovative characters and comics they simply regurgitate virtually the same thing to us and expect it to be revolutionary. They failed with 2099 attempted again with Heroes Reborn and finally after enough advertisement and lack of Rob Liefeld they suceeded with " Ultimate " Marvel. And people buy it. Not unlike the movie industry, they're taking the safe road instead of being creative and attempting truly new directions. I find Ultimate Marvel to be akin to getting a gift I gave someone else who merely added a new coat of paint. It's bad.

Don't forget their 1980's experiment, The New Universe. It was supposed to be a brand new start in a new place, but the result was just...as John Byrne joked offhand in an issue of She-Hulk - a place that made the creators look like idiots.
Marvel should just bring back their mature, sci-fi/fantasy line of the 80's, Epic Comics. Great titles like Dreadstar, Alien Legion, Marshal Law - anyone remember Groo The Wanderer? Just because they were creator-owned, was it such a big problem?

nathan summers
Originally posted by Scoobless
The bigotry forums are on other sites .... not here

Did I also mention I have a GREAT dislike for the characterization of Ultimate Nick Fury? Does that mean I'm RACIST too?

roughrider
What, you don't like Samuel L. Jackson? wink

nathan summers
Don't forget their 1980's experiment, The New Universe. It was supposed to be a brand new start in a new place, but the result was just...as John Byrne joked offhand in an issue of She-Hulk - a place that made the creators look like idiots.
Marvel should just bring back their mature, sci-fi/fantasy line of the 80's, Epic Comics. Great titles like Dreadstar, Alien Legion, Marshal Law - anyone remember Groo The Wanderer? Just because they were creator-owned, was it such a big problem?

Eh. Bringing back titles that failed seems a bit drawl. For example, How many times has X-Factor been canceled and RELAUNCHED? Or New Mutants? I'd like to see something that's new. Marvel needs to step up to the plate.

nathan summers
What, you don't like Samuel L. Jackson? wink

I just don't like Ultimate.

soujaboy09
Where are the scans, I thought this was a respect thread?

Scoobless
Did I also mention I have a GREAT dislike for the characterization of Ultimate Nick Fury? Does that mean I'm RACIST too?

no, if you'd said you didn't like the fact that he was black it would point to racism....

The fact that you said you don't like Colossus being gay suggests that you have a problem with homosexuality

Disappear

there are discrepencies in your logic there. your main beef, as you posted, was not colossus' characterization or actions, but the fact that he was gay. not HOW he was gay, or WHY he was gay, but simply THAT he was gay. if you didn't care that he was gay, but simply disliked his pairings, or didn't like how he was being portrayed as a gay man, then there wouldn't be a bigotry issue.

nathan summers
Hm.

nathan summers
I stated that my main complaint was the fact that the Ultimate Universe was uncreative dribble that's been reprocessed and force fed to us. No where have I stated that my " main beef " with Ultimate was Colossus being a homosexual. With the follow up statement I made I reinforced the fact that I was more inclined towards the mainstream comics, in which also exist various homosexual characters, rather than the Ultimate line. Now if the Ultimate comics are strictly considered to be homosexual while mainstream comics are considered heterosexual then I apologize for my comments. I didn't know that either lines possessed adjacent sexual orientations. No longer will I publicly bash the Ultimate line. I will attempt to be more politically correct in the future when addressing these comics. I promise. angel

Scoobless
Hm.

nice edit..... probably a good idea

smile

nathan summers
I thought it was best. I so dislike offending others with my opinions. You know how us bigots can be. wink

Scoobless
Indeed

Disappear
I stated that my main complaint was the fact that the Ultimate Universe was uncreative dribble that's been reprocessed and force fed to us. No where have I stated that my " main beef " with Ultimate was Colossus being a homosexual. With the follow up statement I made I reinforced the fact that I was more inclined towards the mainstream comics, in which also exist various homosexual characters, rather than the Ultimate line. Now if the Ultimate comics are strictly considered to be homosexual while mainstream comics are considered heterosexual then I apologize for my comments. I didn't know that either lines possessed adjacent sexual orientations. No longer will I publicly bash the Ultimate line. I will attempt to be more politically correct in the future when addressing these comics. I promise. angel

my main beef comment was directed at your opinion toward ultimate colossus, not the ultimate line of comics at large. considering i didn't mention the ultimate line as a whole at all, i assumed that was clear.

nathan summers
" They made Colossus gay! Gay! Wtf?! " You mean that very detailed comment that clearly expresses my opinions about him being homosexual and the entirety of the homosexual community? Yes. I can see how such a comment would cause others to come to the conclusion that I have advertently harsh and even belligerent feelings towards homosexual community on a whole. Considering that I made no mention of hating or disliking gay people nor any other blatantly derogatory or otherwise hateful comments aside from those expressly directed towards the Ultimate Comics themselves -- What is the issue here?huh

soujaboy09
Every time someine says that they dont approve of a gay Colossus this is what happens so its best to leave it alone.

Disappear

that is the whole quote. that's the cause and effect of it. as written, it implies a dislike for the ultimate universe and gives an example of your aggravation with the comic wordplay isn't going to change the fact that that statement looks, feels, sounds and smells homophobic. if you've got no problems with gay people, and hate the ultimate line of comics for any number of other reasons, you sure picked a dumb way to get that across.

soujaboy09
Like I said man everytime someone says that they dont approve of gay superheros this is what heppens. Just drop the subject man or it will go on, and on.

nathan summers
As a great man once said; " Stupid is as stupid does. " And for the record I have no beef with you or Scoobless. If I offended your sensibilities, I sincerely apologize that you misinterpreted my comments.

nathan summers
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Like I said man everytime someone says that they dont approve of gay superheros this is what heppens. Just drop the subject man or it will go on, and on.

I have no issue with gay superheroes nor do I disapprove of them. I do, however, have an issue with superheroes that aren't creative, original and otherwise recycled in any manner. Ultimate Marvel is full of them. If they made an original and creative homosexual superhero that wasn't a carbon copy of an already established Marvel character I'd have nothing to say. The same goes with Nick Fury, Wolverine, etc.

Disappear
I have no issue with gay superheroes nor do I disapprove of them. I do, however, have an issue with superheroes that aren't creative, original and otherwise recycled in any manner. Ultimate Marvel is full of them. If they made an original and creative homosexual superhero that wasn't a carbon copy of an already established Marvel character I'd have nothing to say. The same goes with Nick Fury, Wolverine, etc.

a respectable opinion. part of me agrees, and has avoided ultimate titles for the most part due to that very reason. another part of me is somewhat drawn to the titles, wondering how they'll write "new" stories while still giving kickbacks to 616 continuity. i picked up the "most dangerous game" arc of ultimate x-men simply to see how that all worked out, and i must say i was very pleased. spiral and longshot, mojo, dazzler and longshot's interactions, arcade. everything had a familiar feel to it, but as though it was reimagined into something different; which it was.

and my sensibilities have taken worse. no ill will on this end.

soujaboy09
I'm glad that didn't start a war

I sometimes feel the same way, if you want to bring a new angle to the Comics do it with a new character, not not an already established one.

roughrider
It seems we are forgetting to pay homage to Ultimate Hulk. Perhaps it's because he doesn't deserve it. stick out tongue

soujaboy09
No he deserves it, now can we get some scans?

DigiMark007
Hmmm...no scans = not in the directory. I'll add it if that fact changes though.

nathan summers
It seems we are forgetting to pay homage to Ultimate Hulk. Perhaps it's because he doesn't deserve it. stick out tongue

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.