My attempted heist at Kohl's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Agent
I really needed a new pair of shoes. I lost my job two months ago(im only 16). I figured i could try to steal a pair it wouldn't be that hard.
So i rode my bike to Kohl's. But i figured while im here i auta try to pickup a shirt and pants, cuz my cloths are running low. I pick up a 22 dollar pair of pants anhd 20 dollar shirt(also i grabbed 2 of the 20 dollar shirt and stuffed one without a hangar into the other) and go into the dressing room, and while walking in i read a sign that said, there are hidden electronic tags on the clothes. The same sign was in the dressing room.

So im like whatever ill have to find the tag and take it off. I tore off all the little sales tags on the jeans and this little plastic rubber stitch in the jeans. Im turning the pair of jeans inside out wondering where the hell could this tag be, i dont think any of those things are the tag.

Meanwhile im hearing all these urgent codes over the PA. I don't think anything of it. Then i hear someone telling security to go to the dressing room. Im like holy shit **** this i gotta go. Then i hear a lady go "Did you call 911." "Yes."

Im scared shitless at this point, i turn the jeans rightside in grab the clothes and walk out cassually. This huge ****in black guy is starin at me, and this lady. I stare back for a moment and then just walk around them. The lady continues to follow me, i put the clothes on some random racks and walk outt he store. When i go pass the anti-theft machine she sorta just stares like she exspects it to go off.

I go outside she follows me right next to me, i dont say anything to her i just glance at her like "What the ****,:" I grabbed my bike and booked it down the highway, going as fast as i can until i got home.

Anyone know how the hell they caught me? Did security see me stuffing that second shirt in the orignal shirt? Or did that little plastic stitch actually be a tag that went off when i broke it? How the hell did it go off? Do they have sensors in the dressing room?

1 more thing. I am not scum or lowlife, i could only steal from a department, corporate store. I could never steal from an individual or a local, community store, it's morally wrong.
Im trying to fight the corporate fat cats.

bad_boba017
WTFpwned by teh fuzz once again.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Stealth Agent

Whose logo-emblazoned trainers, pants and shirts you're so desperate to wear.

You f*cking idiot.

Koala MeatPie
You ****ing idiot, Why the **** should we help you? Fighting the Coorporation? Go home kid! Your just an sad romantic idiot!!!

DanieLs_4_Ever
I really needed a new pair of shoes. I lost my job two months ago(im only 16). I figured i could try to steal a pair it wouldn't be that hard.
So i rode my bike to Kohl's. But i figured while im here i auta try to pickup a shirt and pants, cuz my cloths are running low. I pick up a 22 dollar pair of pants anhd 20 dollar shirt(also i grabbed 2 of the 20 dollar shirt and stuffed one without a hangar into the other) and go into the dressing room, and while walking in i read a sign that said, there are hidden electronic tags on the clothes. The same sign was in the dressing room.

So im like whatever ill have to find the tag and take it off. I tore off all the little sales tags on the jeans and this little plastic rubber stitch in the jeans. Im turning the pair of jeans inside out wondering where the hell could this tag be, i dont think any of those things are the tag.

Meanwhile im hearing all these urgent codes over the PA. I don't think anything of it. Then i hear someone telling security to go to the dressing room. Im like holy shit **** this i gotta go. Then i hear a lady go "Did you call 911." "Yes."

Im scared shitless at this point, i turn the jeans rightside in grab the clothes and walk out cassually. This huge ****in black guy is starin at me, and this lady. I stare back for a moment and then just walk around them. The lady continues to follow me, i put the clothes on some random racks and walk outt he store. When i go pass the anti-theft machine she sorta just stares like she exspects it to go off.

I go outside she follows me right next to me, i dont say anything to her i just glance at her like "What the ****,:" I grabbed my bike and booked it down the highway, going as fast as i can until i got home.

Anyone know how the hell they caught me? Did security see me stuffing that second shirt in the orignal shirt? Or did that little plastic stitch actually be a tag that went off when i broke it? How the hell did it go off? Do they have sensors in the dressing room?

1 more thing. I am not scum or lowlife, i could only steal from a department, corporate store. I could never steal from an individual or a local, community store, it's morally wrong.
I hate insulting people unless they really deserve it but you're a prick. Don't expect to come into KMC community and get some help from us because I am against stealing like that. You said you are 16 and running low on clothes and lost your job. Where the hell are you parents in this? Get a new job before you become a freaking felon and spend your years in jail. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Bacon
wow...... loser

Hit_and_Miss
rather then bash you, I'll try to explain why its stupid to steal from them...

1) cameras... They have cameras watching you shop, Most are good enough to read the tags your trying to rip off.... theres not alot that they don't see.. Specially when there an amateur like you.. Even the pros find it hard not to be seen...
2) Tags... Depending on the tags, some know when they have been taken off without the special machine todo it.. some even spay colour ink on you (brightly coloured) so its obvious you have been tampering...
3) dressing rooms, How many people have done the old dressing room trick... staff are alert too it and probably let it happen just so they can buy some time for the cops to come... theres probably cameras in there aswell...

Don't steal... It won't stop the "fat cats" if you do get away with it the fat cats will just raise the prices so the suckers who do pay for the clothes will have to pay for the ones you took aswell... there not going to go out of business cause 1 rebel without a cause stole $50 of clothing(probably cost them $10 to get to the shelves)

Makedde
Don't steal, you ****in' dropkick.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Makedde
Don't steal, you ****in' dropkick.

Nevermind
Wow, you're an idiot. You actually think it isn't morally wrong to steal from a large chain? Where do you come off? Behind those huge faceless corporations is a person just like you, me and those local store owners. You lost a job? Bad luck. That doesn't entitle you to steal. Here's an idea for you. Try to get another job.

Shakyamunison
If you steel from any one, you steel from every one. Do you think that that big corp. just eat the loss, no. People like me, and everyone else here, including you, has to pay a higher price for what we buy because of idiots like you. Stop before you ruin your life.

finti
if I ever saw a moron................ guess I call the one Stealth Agent

Echuu
I could never steal from an individual or a local, community store, it's morally wrong.

So stealing from this store makes it ok because you are fighting the 'corporate fat cats'?

Pathetic.

grey fox
Originally posted by Echuu
So stealing from this store makes it ok because you are fighting the 'corporate fat cats'?

Pathetic.

My sentiments exactly.

Thekid1
Originally posted by Echuu

Pathetic.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

FeceMan

You're stupid.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
rather then bash you, I'll try to explain why its stupid to steal from them...

1) cameras... They have cameras watching you shop, Most are good enough to read the tags your trying to rip off.... theres not alot that they don't see.. Specially when there an amateur like you.. Even the pros find it hard not to be seen...
2) Tags... Depending on the tags, some know when they have been taken off without the special machine todo it.. some even spay colour ink on you (brightly coloured) so its obvious you have been tampering...
3) dressing rooms, How many people have done the old dressing room trick... staff are alert too it and probably let it happen just so they can buy some time for the cops to come... theres probably cameras in there aswell...

Don't steal... It won't stop the "fat cats" if you do get away with it the fat cats will just raise the prices so the suckers who do pay for the clothes will have to pay for the ones you took aswell... there not going to go out of business cause 1 rebel without a cause stole $50 of clothing(probably cost them $10 to get to the shelves)
I applaud you for reasoning with him instead of just insulting him. He obviously didn't think what he was doing through.

botankus
I saw four sixteen year old girls running out the "In" Door of Wal-Mart one time with a bunch of unpaid shoes as I was entering the store. I was taken a little off guard, and at first I thought they were just being typical brainless teens. Not sticking my foot out has always been one of my biggest regrets in life.

I would have loved to see one of them go head first into one of the claw machines.

Gregory

You're not fooling anyone.

finti
he is fooling himself though

Quiero Mota
Don't listen to these haters, homes. Next time DONT GET CAUGHT!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Don't listen to these haters, homes. Next time DONT GET CAUGHT!

Wow, you are punk.

finti
oh yeah how inspiring it must be to be a thug

Bardock42
Originally posted by finti
oh yeah how inspiring it must be to be a thug

Certainly..it's the cool thing to do..

PVS
if you do it again i hope you get caught.
dont be a leech

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
if you do it again i hope you get caught.
dont be a leech

Except if you are actually a leech, you mean.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Except if you are actually a leech, you mean.

well...yes

but since leeches cannot read nor understand languages, i left that part out.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
well...yes

but since leeches cannot read nor understand languages, i left that part out.

Quite Speciecist don't you think.

Inspectah Deck

You should have had a ski mask on, steal the clothes, run out the store, jump on your bike and book it. That's just me

You should have had money

Capt_Fantastic
I am so sad anyone even responded to this poop.

Lörd Sorgo
Unless you were extremely poor and needed these things, I could understand.

But seeing as you have the time to talk on KMC and can afford a Computer and afford the Internet, I don't see you honestly needing to steal jack shit.

DiamondBullets
^ yes

sithsaber408
Not too mention that you were probably obvious as all hell, being as young and stupid as you are.

The employees are trained to watch customers, not just help them. (I used to work overnight stock at a Kohl's, not that it makes me an expert or anything).

Any fool knows that you don't mess with the tags in the open.

Take your time(but not too much) and grab 3 or 4 things to hide the 1 you really want.

Make the switch in the dressing room.

Shoes should have been easier for you. I used to stock all the new shoes that would come in, and we found a whole bunch of boxes with some old, nasty shoes in them that someone switched.

Just put em on and walk out casual-like.

I haven't stolen anything in 5 years, but I used to be pretty good at it.

I'm not recommending you to do it, just giving you the answer you really wanted to your question.

But don't try again... you're to much of a n00b! one eye

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Not too mention that you were probably obvious as all hell, being as young and stupid as you are.

laughing DISS!

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I'm not recommending you to do it, just giving you the answer you really wanted to your question.!

Dude, you practically just wrote him a how-to-guide.

sithsaber408
Good, maybe the little piss-ant will try again and get caught.

Then he can spend a few weeks in J-hall and get his ass kicked.

Then he will be able to make a better decision if the criminal life is for him.

DiamondBullets
thumb up tough love

BackFire
There are usually cameras in dressing rooms.

Inspectah Deck
After reading that story he wrote, this came to me

Who steals from Kohl's? confused

Arachnoidfreak
bahahaha!

You're stupid. I stole shit better than you when I was elementary school, loser. I dont steal anymore, I bragged once and someone i thought was a friend gave me up and I got into some serious trouble, but I was 8 years old so they let me off.

Anyway, the point is, if you don't want to be someone's prisonbitch, dont steal. Someone will catch you.

WrathfulDwarf

Im scared shitless at this point, i turn the jeans rightside in grab the clothes and walk out cassually. This huge ****in black guy is starin at me.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that black guy. See, you could end up in prison and there is gonna be some other black guys that really are gonna scare you shitless. Don't drop the soap!

Stealth Agent
mani got ****in flamed and pwned, i didnt make it that obvious. i really dont care bout fat cats or shit like that i just stick it in the end of my post.

Im not morrally oblivous, but i do lack some moral fibers. I could not steal from an individual person, my reasoning is that it has little, no effect to Kohl's.

BTW, i wasnt obvious!

Echuu
Im not morrally oblivous, but i do lack some moral fibers. I could not steal from an individual person, my reasoning is that it has little, no effect to Kohl's.

Yeah but that reasoning is stupid smile

WhisperKiss89
Blah Blah Blah, everyone on here's a douche for all that ****ing moral judgement. Who are they to judge you? They don't know what it's like to be without options.

I, for one, have absolutely no morals. I simply enjoy stealing. It gives me an adrenaline rush and makes me feel good about myself for outsmarting the ****ing LPs. Plus, I'm good at it.

My best guess is that you LOOKED suspicious. You either didn't keep your cool, or your wardrobe / appearance was ratty or thug-like (you DID say you didn't have shoes... maybe you looked like the typical type of person who would steal... no offense)

If you wanna do it right,
1)DONT stuff the shirts inside other shirts. Thatś a dead giveaway.
2)Dress nice! It will keep them from looking your way too much.
3)Don't spend too much time in one area. But shop around! (I mean it, actually shop around! Pick up a $4 shirt off the clearance rack and actually buy it if you end up stealing something)
4)If you wanna steal other things, put them in one of your hands and then drape the clothing over that hand and go into the fitting room -if anyone approaches you, just say it slipped your mind and you forgot you were even holding it
5)itś best to have a cart and put the items in the cart so that they can't really monitor the items you have. Itś great that Kohlś carts are black, by the way... no one can see inside, even from a camera
6)If youŕe stealing smaller items from a shelf -like jewelry or something, pick up 2 at one time, act like youŕe examining it, and drop one into your sleeve and then set the other back on the self -it will appear as though you simply changed your mind about the one item you appear to have picked up.
7)Avoid cameras. I went into a store once with the full intention of stealing and ended up walking right back out because there were cameras LITERALLY everywhere.
8)Keep the items in your hands as much as possible. You could hold your phone and a small item in your hand, then pretend to drop your phone, pick it up, and pocket both. (Other situations, of course, also apply to this).
9)For clothing, just go into a fitting room! put the clothes on under your clothes; thatś it. Make sure there are no security tags -theyŕe not on everything! Oh, and make sure you bring decoy clothes... things you dont want to steal but you take into the fitting room just so that after you've stolen what you wanted, you can pretend to just hang up unwanted clothes... they wont know.
10)The shoes are difficult to steal... Mostly because NEW shoes are always obviously new. The best trick for stealing shoes is to put on the shoes and put your old shoes in the box -but the store employees always almost immediately notice. You want to find a spot away from cameras. And put the shoes back on the shelf below or behind other boxes of the same brand of shoe -because if they suspect you, they will check. (But as I said, they could just look at your feet and know).
11)Never leave packaging laying around. At some stores, LP will actually dust for fingerprints.
12)Keep an eye out. If you see ANYONE near you, remember their face. Remember it well. If you see that person again, they might be in disguise (yes, at Kohl's, they do have a guy -or FOUR- dressed up like regular people monitoring shoplifting).

So yeah... I could go on, but this is getting way too lengthy. I hope it helps. smile

And to the moral police who wanna comment mean things -WE KNOW that stealing is wrong. But we do not give a ****. So don't waste your time responding if youŕe gonna go on a moral diatribe. We do not care. Well, I don't. xD

Mindset
Fyi, a lot of "cameras".aren't actually working.

Also, steal from a place without security. thumb up

Digi
lol, I love 6-year-old threads being bumped, when the person's responding to people who haven't posted since '07 or something.

@WhisperKiss - moral judgment is one thing; I might actually agree with you there. But there's a host of practical reasons why not endorsing or actively opposing the act of stealing is the responsible reaction, even from internet strangers.

focus4chumps
what kind of brokeass idiotic chump steals from khols?

coming soon: the great 1 dollar store heist.

SuzyQZ1980
Wow! It amazes me how many people are jumping on a SO called 16yr old. Lol. Who didn't steal as a kid? I guess only us "F'ing idiots"? This just cracks me up. I suppose maybe she and I are the only people who ever stole in our lives. But to jump on her like a bunch of F'ing cops or something? I suppose the forum it to express your opinion But I can't believe what a bunch of horses asses posted on this. Listen kid, Idk? They've gotten really high tech with things these days. When I was a kid I think it was easier. I'm not gonna bash you. I don't judge people for what they've done. It is what it is and what's done is done. You were simply asking for an answer and everyone just called you names. So that is my answer, I really don't know how they got you. You're lucky you got out of there. And my other advice, be careful. It's a cruel world out there. As you can see by all these people who are So perfect and have never done anything against the law. Be safe, I was working at 16 too. I'm sure we have more in common. I'm grown now is the only difference. Sorry for all these other people spouting their misery on you. Just rremember, anything others say about you is simply a projection of their own reality, their own misery. So,they use the power of the word as poison to hurt rather than to heal or even try being impeccable with the word. Don't listen to people who,have nothing to offer you. I hope if anything you just feel less bullied by my post. Those people are phoney and they are JUST words. Let it roll off your back like water. Best of luck to you kiddo.

AsbestosFlaygon
I've stolen a few toys back when I was a wee lad.

Though I didn't do it out of desperation. I did for shits and giggles.

There are multiple factors that probably led to you being the suspect:
1. You looked suspicious. It is important to control your movements and breathing.
2. There are CCTVs attached in the store observing you.
3. The staff have been observing you the whole time.
4. The tags sent off an alarm of some sort that notified the staff.

Digi
I wish the thread had gone a different direction. There's some interesting moral territory in it, especially if we polled everyone on, say, torrenting as well. Alas, it became...this.

Originally posted by SuzyQZ1980
Wow! It amazes me how many people are jumping on a SO called 16yr old. Lol. Who didn't steal as a kid? I guess only us "F'ing idiots"? This just cracks me up. I suppose maybe she and I are the only people who ever stole in our lives. But to jump on her like a bunch of F'ing cops or something? I suppose the forum it to express your opinion But I can't believe what a bunch of horses asses posted on this. Listen kid, Idk? They've gotten really high tech with things these days. When I was a kid I think it was easier. I'm not gonna bash you. I don't judge people for what they've done. It is what it is and what's done is done. You were simply asking for an answer and everyone just called you names. So that is my answer, I really don't know how they got you. You're lucky you got out of there. And my other advice, be careful. It's a cruel world out there. As you can see by all these people who are So perfect and have never done anything against the law. Be safe, I was working at 16 too. I'm sure we have more in common. I'm grown now is the only difference. Sorry for all these other people spouting their misery on you. Just rremember, anything others say about you is simply a projection of their own reality, their own misery. So,they use the power of the word as poison to hurt rather than to heal or even try being impeccable with the word. Don't listen to people who,have nothing to offer you. I hope if anything you just feel less bullied by my post. Those people are phoney and they are JUST words. Let it roll off your back like water. Best of luck to you kiddo.

That moment when a 2.5 year old post is still relevant in a 9-year-old thread:

Originally posted by Digi
lol, I love 6-year-old threads being bumped, when the person's responding to people who haven't posted since '07 or something.

fdog

Mr Matt Damon
Originally posted by Digi
I wish the thread had gone a different direction. There's some interesting moral territory in it, especially if we polled everyone on, say, torrenting as well. Alas, it became...this

fdog

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467425&highlight=Dexter+Morgan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.