The Hobgoblin VS The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
Hobgoblin kick his ass.

jgiant
I wouldn't go that far...thing isn't that bad...

Ex11B
laughing

golem370
Thing would toss him in space

Vinny Valentine
Hobgoblin would blow him up.

ALEMASTER
HOBGOBLIN WOULD HIM TO PIECES WITH HIS PUMPKIN BOMBS THING WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TOUCH HIM BECAUSE OF HIS GLIDER

DarkCrawler
*sigh*

Hobgoblin's bombs, at best, would perhaps make Thing itch a little. He would laugh at them. Then throw something at his glider and drop him.

Tony Stark
The THING would tell Hobgoblin that he'll let him take the first 20 shots then he gets the next 5... Ben doesn't even get to throw #2 because The Hobknobber is DEAD...After 1...

golem370
What is HG going to do when This starts throwing car & trucks at him laughing

who?-kid
Originally posted by golem370
What is HG going to do when This starts throwing car & trucks at him laughing
Dodge them. What else would he do ?

I don't see Hobgoblin beating down Thing, but then again, Thing can't do much to Hobgoblin.

It's a bit of a non-fight with a slight advantage to Hobgoblin : he can annoy Thing more than vice versa.

Lord-of-Dreams
My sentiments exactly, Who. HG can dodge a lot of big stuff on his glider, and Thing isn't dodging those bombs, especially not glare-bombs (I dunno if that's the official term, but the ones that make the guy blind...) I also see Hob dropping a building on this by blowing down the foundations big grin

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by who?-kid
Dodge them. What else would he do ?

I don't see Hobgoblin beating down Thing, but then again, Thing can't do much to Hobgoblin.

It's a bit of a non-fight with a slight advantage to Hobgoblin : he can annoy Thing more than vice versa.

Let's assume Thing throws a rock.

How fast does a small rock thrown by someone who can lift a hundred tons would move? I would say Mach 10 or a bit more. Now, let's assume he throws a handful of small objects. Hobgoblin is fast, but he can't dodge numerous projectiles going with speed of missiles at him.

who?-kid
Hobgoblin is pretty fast, faster than Thing ever will be.

Now if Things decides it's Rock Throwing Time, of course he will after a while hit Hobgoblin. Can't dodge forever.

But why does Hobgoblin have to dodge ? He moves very fast on that glider of his, and I would have a hard time accepting Thing can actually hit a fast moving and maneuverable enemy such as Hobgoblin.

Even Spider-Man has trouble with actually catching an airborne Hobgoblin (or Green Goblin).

jgiant
Hobgoblin is gunna have to have some serious firepower...if thing gets his hands on hobby then he is done...i would say thing 8/10

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by who?-kid
Hobgoblin is pretty fast, faster than Thing ever will be.

Now if Things decides it's Rock Throwing Time, of course he will after a while hit Hobgoblin. Can't dodge forever.

But why does Hobgoblin have to dodge ? He moves very fast on that glider of his, and I would have a hard time accepting Thing can actually hit a fast moving and maneuverable enemy such as Hobgoblin.

Even Spider-Man has trouble with actually catching an airborne Hobgoblin (or Green Goblin).

Spider-Man isn't as fast as rock thrown by Thing. yes

who?-kid
No he isn't. And Hobgoblin isn't a sitting duck wink

Again, too maneuverable and too fast to be hit by Thing with a rock.

DarkCrawler
But what if he throws multiple objects? That would fly everywhere with Mach speeds?

And Thing is faster then normal person, and was a footballer in school, so he knows how to throw stuff.

who?-kid
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But what if he throws multiple objects?
I don't do "What If's", not in continuity.

laughing

GODSCRIBE

And Thing is faster then normal person, and was a footballer in school, so he knows how to throw stuff.
This sir, is a terrible point.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
This sir, is a terrible point.

Huh? Footballers aren't good in throwing something? Funny, I thought that throwing the ball is somewhat big part of the sport...

GODSCRIBE
Huh? Footballers aren't good in throwing something? Funny, I thought that throwing the ball is somewhat big part of the sport...
For one not all footballers are involved in throwing the football. Only the QB is. Was Thing a Quarterback?

And even if he was, are all the projectiles he throws shaped like a football? If he was a professional baseball pitcher you'd have a better argument.

This one's just bad.

DarkCrawler
Yes, Thing was the quarterback, if I can recall.

And what does it matter, anyway? With his strength, there doesn't need to be much technique behind his throws to make the objects go fast...

Tony Stark
Yes, Thing was the quarterback, if I can recall.

And what does it matter, anyway? With his strength, there doesn't need to be much technique behind his throws to make the objects go fast...

He was a Star College RB and LB...

He could walk down the street and grab parked cars, trucks, semis...etc. off it and hurl them repeatedly, almost continually throw them at him...

It would be like throwing rocks to us... Except for Ben they are Lincolns, Caddies and F-250's being thrown at high mach speeds.

I doubt that any of the Hobknobs bombs would have much effect on Ben either.

The THING 10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.