Given Name

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redcaped
If you are equal gender twin and your parents give both of you the same name what would you prefer...Name+1 or 2..or..Name+First or Second? If you are twin (boy=father's name&girl=mother's name) would you be happy? If you are only child would you like a new created name?

Bardock42
If you were redcaped, would you like to make sense once in a while?

redcaped
I love to make sense so I do.

Victor Von Doom
Seriously though.

Is English your second language? Third?

soleran30
lol, He has said in the past it is a second language.

Hit_and_Miss
whats his first? gobledygook?

fini
I thought he blames his lack of making sence on ' poor teaching' while in school.???

redcaped
OK. Twin guys John the first and John the second or John 1 and John 2...Twin girls Victoria the first and Victoria the second or 1 and 2. Twin boy=father (joseph) girl=mother (katrinna) ....Only one child boy (treeko) or girl (chansey) ...now is more clear.

fini
* goes off to look for a drink*

joeykangaroo
you confuse me...

redcaped
And you, you...!

Fishy
If I understand you correctly... Which I probably don't, then definitly the First. It just sounds more impressive then the second.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Seriously though.

Is English your second language? Third?

Eleventh I think !

KENobi™
Originally posted by redcaped
If you are equal gender twin and your parents give both of you the same name what would you prefer...Name+1 or 2..or..Name+First or Second? If you are twin (boy=father's name&girl=mother's name) would you be happy? If you are only child would you like a new created name?

What kind of parents would give twins the same name and add a number behind it? I've never seen it happen.

Boy and girl twins...sure being named after your parents is ok. You have no say in it and by the time you grow up, you're used to it anyways so it shouldn't matter.

debbiejo
I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean like going by a middle name instead of your first name? Or do you mean being named after you mother or father? Or do you mean both twins are named the same thing.

Bardock42
Now seriously, in the very likely case that I'd be a twin with the same name as my twin, I'd prefer to be called John Alpha.....greek letters make one awesome.

Second question: I don't believe that my name is an important factor towards my happiness...at all.

Third, a newly created name? Like Opolozivskyton? Nope, not necessary, an ordinary one would be quite sufficent.

redcaped
We cannot have identical names..you know that by the law, so a key name/word/number should give the difference as an individual person id. Being first or second does not matter. Either one could be equal or inferior depending on your characteristics which define your kind.

Bardock42
We cannot have identical names..you know that by the law, so a key name/word/number should give the difference as an individual person id. Being first or second does not matter. Either one could be equal or inferior depending on your characteristics which define your kind.

no expression

Mindship

redcaped
I should be a sweet tempered father. But hey, where's mom?!

Capt_Fantastic

Most likely wrapped in plastic and buried in the basement.

redcaped
That's mean man!

GCG

As long as you are not your own Grandfather,

Many many years ago when I was twenty-three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter
who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her,
and soon the two were wed.
This made my dad my son-in-law
and changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother,
For she was my father's wife.
To complicate the matters worse,
Although it brought me joy.
I soon became the father
of a bouncing baby boy.
My little baby then became
A brother-in-law to dad.
And so became my uncle,
Though it made me very sad.
For if he was my uncle,
then that also made him brother
to the widow's grown-up daughter
who, of course, was my stepmother.
Father's wife then had a son,
Who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson,
For he was my daughter's son.
My wife is now my mother's mother
and it makes me blue.
Because, although she is my wife,
She's my grandma too.
If my wife is my grandmother,
Then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it,
It simply drives me wild.
For now I have become
the strangest case you ever saw.
As the husband of my grandmother,
I am my own grandpa!!!

Bardock42
That's mean man!
And probably true nontheless.

Imperial_Samura
Crazy parents. Still, in the example you gave, I would prefer the first. Who wouldn't? I guess it comes from being a first born myself. It would be annoying to be known as "The Second"

And it's not uncommon for people to name their children after themselves, hence the usage of "junior" or "Such and Such III"

Still, if I one day have a child, and my significant other agrees, I'd like to call my son Yossarian. (Or maybe not, but I think it would be fun)

redcaped
Sometimes second means an improved/renewed version better than the first, an update! Oh man, I am not ugly, young, healthy. Why girls don't like me? It's true I never go anywhere but I know that girls play the hard to get thing all the time. Like men are too many and too low compared to them. I want to make my family but the situation is hard. I'm sure my son or daughter will love a rare name.

Makedde
I have no idea what you mean...

redcaped
You are female so no idea.

Makedde
I read your first post, but couldn't understand it...

Imperial_Samura
Sometimes second means an improved/renewed version better than the first, an update! Oh man, I am not ugly, young, healthy. Why girls don't like me? It's true I never go anywhere but I know that girls play the hard to get thing all the time. Like men are too many and too low compared to them. I want to make my family but the situation is hard. I'm sure my son or daughter will love a rare name.

So wait, your not ugly, not young and not healthy, or your not ugly, but you are young and healthy.

And the thing is, you shouldn't expect to meet people if you never go anywhere. That's not them playing hard to get, that's them not knowing you exist.

And it's a good thing on a first date not to start talking about baby names. Especially rare ones. Unless it's an arranged marriage date.

redcaped
Girls always want a baby! And they even reject superman if they are not in the mood! I know it. It is a trick matter. All names suck and I am fortunate to have a rare second name. The world should be better having the best that defines you as unique for id. And that thing works for everything...no more SC number/names/license/passport/etc.

Makedde
Everyone has a second same, don't they?

Hit_and_Miss
Redcaped you thinking to small here... Lets strip away the last bit of feeling we have in our names and just stick with the numbers... everyones number could be turned into binary aswell! and for short hand we can use the hexi-deciamal system... and finaly to take away the last bit of humanity in having an individual number we all have bar codes put on our heads... that way we never have to ask anyone there name... we can just stare at there head to know who they are! (might take a bit of time to learn to do it... but we won't have to remember peoples names anymore...

redcaped
I only have one desire...female.

redcaped
My ideas are good and they should work better. Something that cannot be altered, simple and clear.

Hit_and_Miss
what is your first language redcaped? and who taught you english?

finti
it aint he language thats the problem it is the ideology......

redcaped
Hit, you sound more friendly now so I reply. I cannot answer you that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Makedde
Everyone has a second same, don't they?

Nope. For examplwe in Germany there are many people that don't. Don't really see the point in a second name anyways, but well that's just me. Although, the initial of a second name sounds awesome...sometimes.

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
what is your first language redcaped? and who taught you english?

For that matter, what are the second and third?

Originally posted by finti
it aint he language thats the problem it is the ideology......
Indeed, very strange Ideals.

mechmoggy
I've read it three times, and I still don't understand it. confused

Eis
Oh my god seriously. You never make any sense laughing out loud

redcaped
You don't make any sense to me.

fini
GREAt
you dont make sense to everyone, and we dont make sense to you.

SO why the heck POST anything then??

redcaped
I do have the right and one does not speak for all. Enjoy or Ignore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.