To Kill An American

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cranston36
Written by an Australian Dentist...

To Kill an American

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan. "

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as Native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything..the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow, so inspiring. Now, will you excuse me while I poke salted cucumbers in my eyes...

Pandemoniac
Tears to my eyes....

Be real; America, despite it's good deeds has...:

The highest crime rate,
The world record in violence-related deaths per year (relative, besides total),
The most discrimination-based crimes,
Been the suppliers and trainers of the Afganistan rebels now known as the taliban in an attempt to use them against Russia in the cold war,
The first to use weapons of mass-destruction,
The highest relative rate of unemployment and lack of education,
The most deceases and/or physical failures caused by an unhealthy way of living,
The highest suicide-rate,
and if it wasn't for the desperate cooking that desert nomads have to rely on, they would also be holding the record for crappiest cooking ever.

Makedde
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Tears to my eyes....

The highest crime rate,
Been the suppliers and trainers of the Afganistan rebels now known as the taliban in an attempt to use them against Russia in the cold war,
The most deceases and/or physical failures caused by an unhealthy way of living,
and if it wasn't for the desperate cooking that desert nomads have to rely on, they would also be holding the record for crappiest cooking ever.

When you think about it, America sucks. big grin

Ushgarak
Tears to my eyes....

The highest crime rate,

I think you need a severe fact-check foir several of those.

Makedde
I agree with the discrimination part.

Gregory
It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing; either it's true or it isn't.

Ushgarak
You don't think places that stone women for not fully covering their bodies might not possibly be suffering from a higher discimrination rate?

This is a total loss of perspective. The US does NOT have the highest crime rate in the world, discrimination is MUICH worse in other places, nothing even CLOSE to the highest unemployment rate, and Sweden staked out its claim to lead the suicide race long ago.

finti
and you been there since you display your wast opinion on this , or is it just a sound of puke from someone who have just an opinion on unexperienced issues

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Makedde

Pure ignorance.

MC Mike
What a bunch of crap...

Subliminal anti-Atheist messages mixed with pro-'American' bull...

Imperial_Samura
I think the Australian dentist did a good job, though I must admit, he did go on a bit. I mean, it's always encouraging to see someone voicing opposition to the dangerous and absurd absolutes of the world, especially those that advocate murder for no reason... but by the end of it I couldn't help but imagine seeing it written out on a giant Hallmark card while a military band plays Star Spangled Banner in the background as men patriotically cover their hearts, a single sparkling tear slowly running down the cheek of the foremost one...

It was then I wondered if maybe I am to cynical.

Also wondered a bit about the validity of using the whole America helped Afghanistan turn back the Soviets in their hour of need kind of thing. That's a major bit of history sugar coating there - at least in the way he presents it.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Makedde

cry

leonheartmm
yup america SUCKS, bigtime, but then again, not even close to the third world countries.{that article or watever it is is wayyyyy off the truth, just pro american bull}

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by leonheartmm
yup america SUCKS, bigtime, but then again, not even close to the third world countries.{that article or watever it is is wayyyyy off the truth, just pro american bull}

What's not even close to third world countries?

Eis
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wow, so inspiring. Now, will you excuse me while I poke salted cucumbers in my eyes...
laughing
Originally posted by MC Mike
What a bunch of crap...

Agreed.

botankus
Tears to my eyes....

The highest crime rate,
Sh*theads like myself, but then again I think they're worldwide.

I fixed your little list for you. Now I believe it's accurate.

Echuu
Originally posted by MC Mike
What a bunch of crap...

I think the point he was making is that there's no forced religion in the U.S. of A. wink

OR if you wanted to put it into a politically correct fashion...

'An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God(or the higher power in which you associate yourself with; or if you believe you won't answer to anyone, you WON'T answer to anyone since there is no God and you MUST be respected for that belief and statements like this are greatly offensive), not to the government, or to armed(or un-armed; don't want to offend anyone who has artificial limbs or those who can't afford to buy weapon to use) thugs(people, yes people; don't want to offend any criminals out there) claiming to speak(or sign language; some people can't speak don't you realize that!?) for the government(or the body of authority that rules over you since some countries can't afford to have a 'government') and for God.'

soleran30
the reality is that there have been dollars on American heads now for decades in the middle east..................peace loving middle east.

debbiejo
Yeah...Dollars on our heads.... sad ........If I ever go to the middle east I'm never disclosing my Americanism.......Nope, I'll even learn another language and speak that...NO no english words...no

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yeah...Dollars on our heads.... sad ........If I ever go to the middle east I'm never disclosing my Americanism.......Nope, I'll even learn another language and speak that...NO no english words...no
We could get one of those camel suits where one person's the front and the other person's the hump.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
We could get one of those camel suits where one person's the front and the other person's the hump. Yeah.....haha
And since I'm only 5 foot, I'd look pretty funny with a sheet around my body.....I'd feel kinda like cousin IT.....but with a sheet... huh

botankus
Wow, you're short!!

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
Wow, you're short!! blink ......In some countries it's considered normal...........lol

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink ......In some countries it's considered normal...........lol

Yeah...Liliput I assume.

botankus
Or The Smurf Village....Awww, just kidding with ya, Debs!

debbiejo
I'm not a midget...........hahahha laughing out loud

I'm normal....But I can pass for other things then American... big grin

botankus
I believe you 'cause of your avi!

debbiejo
laughing out loud HAHAHA....This is really me...LOL wink

MC Mike
Originally posted by Echuu
I think the point he was making is that there's no forced religion in the U.S. of A. wink

OR if you wanted to put it into a politically correct fashion...

'An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God(or the higher power in which you associate yourself with; or if you believe you won't answer to anyone, you WON'T answer to anyone since there is no God and you MUST be respected for that belief and statements like this are greatly offensive), not to the government, or to armed(or un-armed; don't want to offend anyone who has artificial limbs or those who can't afford to buy weapon to use) thugs(people, yes people; don't want to offend any criminals out there) claiming to speak(or sign language; some people can't speak don't you realize that!?) for the government(or the body of authority that rules over you since some countries can't afford to have a 'government') and for God.'

Or they could have omitted that reference all together because it makes no sense to use 'God' instead of say, Allah. We will have to answer to God? We may have to answer to Zeus, not some 'God' thing.

Ushgarak
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/america2.htm

debbiejo
Why do people want to kill Americans.......It's just not nice... no

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah...Liliput I assume.

Oh, that's perfect! Bardock42 wins the cup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.