Superman runs the Marvel Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
1. Cyclops

2. Ultimate Collosus

3. Reed Richards

4. Dr. Doom

5. Mr. Sinister

6. Iron Man

7. Mindless Hulk

8. Apocalypse (AoA)

9. Black Bolt

10. Thor

11. Quasar

12. Silver Surfer

13. Genis-Vell

14. Thanos

15. In-Betweener

16. Uatu

where does he stop?

Spawnrules
9 or 10

Juntai
10 is in there twice

GODSCRIBE
no its not

GODSCRIBE
how easily does Kal-el defeat Reed?

Black Adam
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
how easily does Kal-el defeat Reed?
depends. Prep or no prep.

Prep then Reed goes into his closet and gets something that knocks him out or sends him somewhere.

No prep the Reed gets speed blitz and heat visioned.

Spawnrules
rubber with heat will expand, the molecules are larger and they will spread so will heat still work

GODSCRIBE
you think a speedblitz would work on Reed? if hes expecting the hit, superman cant really harm him.

he definately wins in the end though.

Spawnrules
supermans freezing breathe would freeze him

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Spawnrules
rubber with heat will expand, the molecules are larger and they will spread so will heat still work

does rubber have a melting point? if it does then that should answer your question.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Spawnrules
supermans freezing breathe would freeze him

yeah, that will work just fine

Spawnrules
yes rubber does

GODSCRIBE
of course it does...almost everything does

spideycarnage
he stops at 10

Spawnrules
does he get any rest

GODSCRIBE
If he can beat Thor, then he gets rest...Black Bolt would really wear him down though.

Spawnrules
he wont be able too, hed be too weaken from the blackbolt fight

GODSCRIBE
yeah, so how does he do with rest after every fight?

Spawnrules
he still looses to 10

jgiant
Sups can just stretch reed out...sups gets to 12 i say if he gets rest if not...somewhere around ten

tiakocom
should've specified if either doom or reed get prep, if they do then he wont make it that far if not then 10 is his magic number

Darth_Erebus
He gets to ten and his fight with Thor Stalemates. For those of you saying if he got past Thor he could take the rest.......no way he can take Thanos or Silver Surfer, and Uatu (a Watcher) could easily take Pre Crisis Superman.

nathan summers
4. He wouldn't get past Doom. Nor would he have much effect on Sinister, really.

Marcus4600
2 or 6 and he's done. Ultimate Colossus is just two damn strong. Iron Man is also too smart for him. He'd figure out some way to duplicate the radiation from Kryptonite if given the time to analyze him beforehand.

GODSCRIBE
Dont forget that Superman is highly intelligent as well. And you're right, Sinister is virtually immortal..

And no, Reed and Doom get no prep.

leonheartmm
mindless hulk defeats him.

UniOmni
He can't really BEAT M-Hulk. He can't feel pain, and is near perfect in durability. If he gets hit, Superman will feel it, maybe like a broken jaw or some such. But Superman using his full capacity won't get hit. But he won't be able to put him down. So its a draw. Can't put him down, but too fast to be beat on himself. If he did get past hulk somehow, blackbolt would wreck him with a few choice words..........

Pepito
I think Doom could take him (I'm really not a Doom fanboy)

Ex11B
He wont get past SS...

The Ion
Originally posted by Marcus4600
2 or 6 and he's done. Ultimate Colossus is just two damn strong. Iron Man is also too smart for him. He'd figure out some way to duplicate the radiation from Kryptonite if given the time to analyze him beforehand.
Colossus too strong for Supes? You seem to really have quite the odd opinion about the strength level of DC's characters. Of course by odd, I mean totally wrong.

jacobo0o
he would def not get past black bolt
black bolt defeated marvel superman gladiator
and by the time hes at black bolt he will be weak

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by The Ion
Colossus too strong for Supes? You seem to really have quite the odd opinion about the strength level of DC's characters. Of course by odd, I mean totally wrong.

laughing Awesome.

Yup - he seems to think that Superman is a 'Class 100.' big grin

Superman could rip Collossus apart like tinfoil.

He could turn him into a puddle of slag with heat vision.

Etc etc and so forth.

Dear God... where have these people come from...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheKahn
Superman makes it to 10 or 11. He has a incredible speed advantage against everyone before that. Mindless Hulk *may* be stronger but he gets thrown into space before he even realizes the fight has started.

Even it Superman didn't use his speed (its been known to happen) his heat vision is hotter that a star and I doubt any characters under 10 have the duribility to survive that attack.

IMO Superman is around a herald-level character (although with a slightly different powerset than the Marvel Heralds). Anyone under that would have a hard time dealing with him.

Acrosurge
Superman should make it to 9 and maybe 10. He might be able to speed blitz Black Bolt for the win.

Mider
he can beat anyone on there for the win sept in-betweener........why is the watcher the last one when he isnt above inbetweener? even though superman is stronger then all the guys save the in-betweener thanos does have good fighting style but if superman goes all out on the speed and such then im not sure what would happen, a well written apocalypse would be able to defeat him WELL WRITTEN being the underlying term, i cant think of anyone else that would give him much trouble. The ones in this thread that give him trouble are SS cause of his durability and power as well as thanos cause of his power as well also in-betweener would eat him for breakfest, thor shouldnt even be able to beat him since last time i checked thor cant move the moon or split it in half with a punch.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
laughing Awesome.

Yup - he seems to think that Superman is a 'Class 100.' big grin

Superman could rip Collossus apart like tinfoil.

He could turn him into a puddle of slag with heat vision.

Etc etc and so forth.

Dear God... where have these people come from...? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, his heat vision is as strong as a nuclear reactor melting down? Yeah, right. Also, Colossus' skin is as strong as Supes'. Also, the whole moving of the planet thing would have more to do with his ability to self propel through space than his strength, if you knew anything about physics. stick out tongue

Marcus4600
I went back through the gauntlet, and talked to one of my friends who isn't a fanboy about Supes, so I'm gonna give him a little more credit. He'd get to Black Bolt, and then he'd be done. Everyone he'd be fighting up to that point he probably would underestimate, then get clobbered a bit before he won. I just think it would be funny if he tried to fight Kuan-Yin Xorn.

Superherovandal
dude his heat vision is hotter than stars literally. Its been said in comics quite a few times.

The Ion
Originally posted by Marcus4600
So, his heat vision is as strong as a nuclear reactor melting down? Yeah, right.
He's right. The temperature of heat vision is completely off the charts and those are charts that can measure the temperature of the sun and stars.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3015/aos62016178ag.th.jpg

Marcus4600
Hmmmm. I'm impressed. I still want him to take on Xorn though. Anyone in here know what he did to Phoenix?

slade10
He's right. The temperature of heat vision is completely off the charts and those are charts that can measure the temperature of the sun and stars.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3015/aos62016178ag.th.jpg

Except that's not normal-power superman, correct? He absorbed the energy drained by cannibal planet -- thus he is glowing orange.

The Ion
Meh. From what I call tell all he did was fly through the planet and fly back to Earth. If anything it increased the distance he could shoot from but the temperature at his normal levels is still off the charts.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/863/supermansheatvision30nk.jpg

Marcus4600
Well, he's sure a tough dude. I think that the reason it's hard for Marvel fans to see a one on one fight with Supes is just the sheer fact that if there's ever a being that is that strong, it's usually a group of people fighting, rather than just one. However, now Marvel has Sentry, who is probably on par with Superman. We haven't seen yet though. However, would a Superman fan please admit to me that Galactus could take him! Come on!

The Ion
You serious? Not even the most vehement Superman fans on this forum think Kal has a chance against Galactus.

Superherovandal
Galactus would rape supes in every way imaginable and do things to him that noone thought possible. I am a Supes fan.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by slade10
Except that's not normal-power superman, correct? He absorbed the energy drained by cannibal planet -- thus he is glowing orange.

Who told you this?
He's being lit by the sun behind him. There is nothing in that issue of him "powering up."

Marcus4600
You serious? Not even the most vehement Superman fans on this forum think Kal has a chance against Galactus.

I now have a newfound respect for Superman fans. I was wanting to just get that out there. Someone told me that in a Superman/F4 crossover, Galactus backhanded him. I want a scan of that so bad.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Black Adam
depends. Prep or no prep.

Prep then Reed goes into his closet and gets something that knocks him out or sends him somewhere.

No prep the Reed gets speed blitz and heat visioned.

Heat Vision, yes. Speed-blitzed, no.

Reeds body subconciously stretches to avoid injury. Heat Vision will still hurt, but there's no telling how hard you need to hit Reed in order to actually DAMAGE him.

Have we seen 616 Reed take a hit he couldn't(and I feel terrible for using this term) bounce back from?

slade10
Meh. From what I call tell all he did was fly through the planet and fly back to Earth. If anything it increased the distance he could shoot from but the temperature at his normal levels is still off the charts.

Here are the scans. He's not glowing orange before. But he's glowing orange for 3 pages afterwards. (with no sun behind him) Immediately after heating the earth, he's back to his normal blue and red.

Cannibal planet was absorbing the energy of the sun, so it's only natural that superman would use it.

http://img20.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_62655_before.jpghttp://img137.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_62661_before2.jpghttp://img139.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_62668_after.jpghttp://img138.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_62674_after2.jpg
http://img40.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_62681_after3.jpg

Marcus4600
Funny post:

Black Bolt says AH MOTHERLAND! and Superman goes f*ck this. I'm going home.

Mider
someone said there was a organce supes is this true if so someone confirm please big grin

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Mider
someone said there was a organce supes is this true if so someone confirm please big grin

ha

yeah i remember that

LordFear
I think you guys are getting besides yourselves.
Supes cannot pass Thor. Thor's magic bolts would rip him apart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.