Cable & Deadpool : UNCENSORED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nathan summers
Is this comic missing something? While the comic has been nothing short of interesting I can't help feel it's -- empty. Is it just me?

FG725
just you

Spawnrules
yes just you

nathan summers
Should've known. no expression

Spawnrules
its alright we all get that feeling

nathan summers
Am I alone in the concept that both Cable and Deadpool should be returned to their prospective comics?

Black Adam
Originally posted by nathan summers
Am I alone in the concept that both Cable and Deadpool should be returned to their prospective comics?

I would love that idea. But then they would both be canceled because of low sales. Sigh...........

Black Adam
Is this comic missing something? While the comic has been nothing short of interesting I can't help feel it's -- empty. Is it just me?

Needs more Deadpool.

nathan summers
I think it has enough Deadpool. Too much of him causes cavities.

Black Adam
I think it has enough Deadpool. Too much of him causes cavities.

Kind of the same with me and Nathan

nathan summers
Nah. Too much Cable makes your head hurt.

Lucid Lui
I think it's just right at the moment. And i'm looking forward to where it's going.

nathan summers
The stories just seem so fractured though. You get only so much of each character. Storywise I somewhat prefered Soldier X to a degree. With the espionage, etc. It seemed more down to earth.

Disappear
cable espionage v. deadpool espionage laced with cable's messiah complex. i guess everyone has their tastes.

the only thing i don't like about the comic at this point is that zircher's not the artist anymore. medina's art just feels like bad kids' drawings.

roughrider
I don't care about Cable. Never have. It can be all Deadpool, all the time for me.

King KAM
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't care about Cable. Never have. It can be all Deadpool, all the time for me. me too....never was one for cable, i felt like he was forced on me...and i never bit the lure...but i do enjoy deadpool, but yes the series does have an empty feeling...it isnt up to par with marvels greats at the moment...

The Ultimates
Captain America
Wolverine are much better titles

ScarletSpider
I think Wolverine took a dive after Millar left. Way's okay, but I don't see what the big deal is with him.

I think Cable & Deadpool slowed down a little bit for awhile, but it's coming back now, all of the previous stories with Deadpool off looking for random whosiewhatsis and knicknacks have paid off in issue 25 now that we know more about Cable's plan and his reasonings.

I'm psyched and highly enthused for the upcoming Ultimatum Storyline. Fabian fans will be thrilled too. Go read Citizen V and the V-Battalion: The Everlasting, in it Flag Smasher gets ahold of Rumekistan, and this upcoming Cable & Deadpool story deals with that...guest-staring the V-Battalion and New Invaders. Fricken can't wait.

nathan summers
I've been tired of these messiah-centric stories. It seems that it's been focusing on Cable getting his powers, then losing them, getting them BACK then losing them for something else. It's getting tiresome. I'd like to see a more broad concept. In Soldier X though it seemed a bit dry Nathan was all over the world. He was a soldier. He's not really been a soldier in Cable & Deadpool. He's been more of a Neo..or Jesus. Even in his first series when he struggled with his powers he still acted instead of acting like some messiah working backstage. I prefer the old days Nathan WITH Domino. At least he was acting and not just manipulating Deadpool. Who isn't all that bad but again -- too much of his antics seems to downplay the seriousness of the comic. Which is what I originally liked about Cable. He was the constant Warrior. Now he's doing commentary pages, which yes, started in Soldier X, making him more of a light-weight in my eyes.

nathan summers
Originally posted by Disappear
cable espionage v. deadpool espionage laced with cable's messiah complex. i guess everyone has their tastes.

the only thing i don't like about the comic at this point is that zircher's not the artist anymore. medina's art just feels like bad kids' drawings.

I'd like to see oliver coipel, francis yu or even churchill working on the comic.

Spawnrules
the way you wrote this, sounds nasty

Disappear
now, instead of using a gun, he's threatening a summit of the strongest, most powerful nations in the world, negotiating peace treaties in no time flat, and figting off the silver surfer all in the name of peace. he left the hindu kush, and suddenly his plans start to work toward his intended ends. go figure.

nathan summers
huh

nathan summers
now, instead of using a gun, he's threatening a summit of the strongest, most powerful nations in the world, negotiating peace treaties in no time flat, and figting off the silver surfer all in the name of peace. he left the hindu kush, and suddenly his plans start to work toward his intended ends. go figure.

And that turned out wonderfully, didn't it? He ended up having to lobotomize himself after being hit on the nose with a rolled up silver news paper. Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate some of the concepts lain before me but it just doesn't seem very Cable-like. I'm still use to the behind the scenes mover and shaker he use to be. Moving his battle to an open field seems to be even less effective and less entertaining.

willRules
I love the whole Bodyslide situation thats going on with them. i think it would be soo useful if they used it in their fights more often yes

ScarletSpider
He's been manipulating several people to get what he wants done. Hiring Deadpool and others to get him access to Blackbox, making friends with the Fixer and others to mechanically restore his TK, etc. As many public showings as he has, he makes private deals too. This is the first time I've ever really liked Cable's character.

Disappear
it feels like cable is becoming MORE like he should be in C&DP. he's not just downplayed to a punisher with telepathy character. he's the only majorly-powered character i truly enjoy reading, and the same could not be said during his time with x-force.

nathan summers
Hasn't he been moving more on a global level since Soldier X?

Disappear
as he should be.

nathan summers
For a brief moment in Cable & Deadpool I was hoping he'd return to his Six Pack days. I wouldn't mind seeing the entire roster retooled and reformed under Nathan. I think they'd make excellent enforcers for Graymalkin -- Providence. Including the currently deceased Grizzly and Kaine.

ScarletSpider
Not the Six Pack exactly, but Domino is coming back for a couple issues soon.

nathan summers
Yeah, I read about that. I hope she's not playing a silent role as she seemed to earlier in the C&DP series. I want her to be much more of a standard character. She's such a strong female character. She's underplayed in comics these days. Plus, I liked her relationship with Cable.

leonheartmm
i dont really like the way cable is being portrayed now. hes used to be a virtuous strong willed powerful hero that went on to kill apocalypse and now hes being portrayed as an average mildly psychotic manipulative bitter old guy, losin to surfer, i mean WTF.

Disappear
he did stitch together providence, the pacific naval fleet and some australian landmarks on an atomic level after destroying them, then give surfer a whoopin' and break the unbreakable board. surfer got lucky and ****ed up nate's arm. cheap shot. oh yeah, and he was holding providence up at the same time, and in near-constant contact with every mind on the planet. he's being portrayed as a smart, peace-oriented smarmy bastard with power flying out his ass. i, personally, can't get enough.

thundercracker
he did stitch together providence, the pacific naval fleet and some australian landmarks on an atomic level after destroying them, then give surfer a whoopin' and break the unbreakable board. surfer got lucky and ****ed up nate's arm. cheap shot. oh yeah, and he was holding providence up at the same time, and in near-constant contact with every mind on the planet. he's being portrayed as a smart, peace-oriented smarmy bastard with power flying out his ass. i, personally, can't get enough.

what he said

don't shiv

TRUE

In addittion throughout that fracas with SS Cable was levitating and balancing a POPULATED island and hooked up to every HIV/AIDS victim on planet, psionically blocking white blood cell deterioration

don't shiv
C&DP and Cable IS missing a Great Deal

compare Eddie Murphey in the 80's Beverley Hills Cop + Trading Places with Dr Doolittle + Daddy Day Care

uugh.

read issue 19, 28 and 29 of C&DP, Then dust of X-Force 1-4 hell, check out the HARMONY storyline in "Cable" .

Post the Burnt Offering C&DP's been slipping save an issue or two

Domino looks intensely one dimensional and tottally lifeless,

That said when brandishing arms and grinning fiercely she is scary

Most likely the govt outfit she's been running with has scrubbed her brain Good ala the resident mutant techmaker at Weapon X

willRules
I recently read the scans of the first issue of the civil war tie in and I thought it was great yes I thought the storyline for issue 28 and 29 was adequate and the art sucked though. I'd like the guy who did the burnt offering storyline to do all the Cable and deadpool sories yes (Patrick Zircher I think he was called).

Overall I think the title is pretty decent. like all comics some storylines are brilliant and some are just meh. I definitely won't be dropping this title yes

don't shiv
Originally posted by willRules
I recently read the scans of the first issue of the civil war tie in and I thought it was great yes I thought the storyline for issue 28 and 29 was adequate and the art sucked though. I'd like the guy who did the burnt offering storyline to do all the Cable and deadpool sories yes (Patrick Zircher I think he was called).

Overall I think the title is pretty decent. like all comics some storylines are brilliant and some are just meh. I definitely won't be dropping this title yes

Ergo.

Grimm22
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think Wolverine took a dive after Millar left. Way's okay, but I don't see what the big deal is with him.

Ugh sick

Enemy of the State was awful.

I love Millar but his Wolverine run was awful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.