Spiderman's Archnemesis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
Alright this might be a stupid, but I didn't growing loving Spiderman the way I did Batman, so I don't know tons about him. I have to ask, who's Spiderman's "Joker"? Who's Spiderman's worst enemy?

I've heard Green Goblin(which is who I always thought it was), then I've heard Doctor Octopus, and even Venom.

Now, I'm pretty sure it isn't the latter, but I just have to know...which is it?

Doc Ock
Stan Lee said it best: "The Green Goblin is Peter Parker's greatest enemy,while Doctor Octopus is Spider-Man's greatest enemy".

Meaning GG usually strikes at Peter.He's personal because he knows Spidey's identity.

Doc Ock on the other hand,is the villain who's given Spider-Man the most trouble over the years.And is his deadliest threat in that regard.And for those who doubt it,I can scan some comic pics of Spidey saying so.

DBZ MAN
I don't doubt but I don't mind seeing it.

Doc Ock
Ok,give me a few minutes and I'll have a scan smile

Doc Ock
Here ya go DBZ MAN:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/Deadliestfoe.jpg

And I can scan more,if there are any others in doubt wink

Next Venom_girl
The original Green Goblin followed closely by Doc Ock, Venom, and Carnage.

This ought to be required reading on the Green Goblin:
http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/GreenwithEvil/GreenwithEvilTitle.html yes

Marcus4600
Uh, deadliest isn't the word that I would use. The deadliest is Carnage, considering the whole Maximun Carnage line. However, I would definately say the most brilliant, and most inventive. His main threat isn't just those extra arms, but his amazing intellect. The top three villains are definately Doc Ock, Green Goblin, and Venom. I'll go ahead and give the main reasons. Go ahead and critique me. I enjoy constructive criticism.

1. Green Goblin - Knows Parker's identity, raving lunatic.
2. Doc Ock - Genius and the Master Planner. His ideas are his greatest weapon.
3. Venom - Not only knows Spidey's identity, but can match him in any way, shape, or form. Hard to stop without assistance.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Uh, deadliest isn't the word that I would use.

But you're not Spider-Man are you wink

Why is Carnage the deadliest?? Craziest maybe,but not the deadliest.Not even close.What has he ever done to rank himself as even in the running as a greatest foe??

Marcus4600
He turned half of New York into a riot. He's also killed numerous people, and it took Venom and Spidey to bring him down in the Maximum Carnage arc. In fact, Venom and Spidey had to get a lot of help, which included (da da daaa!) Captain America, which made me happy. I wouldn't say greatest foe though. He's definately not that. He's definately Venom's greatest foe though.

Doc Ock
He turned half of New York into a riot. He's also killed numerous people, and it took Venom and Spidey to bring him down in the Maximum Carnage arc. In fact, Venom and Spidey had to get a lot of help, which included (da da daaa!) Captain America, which made me happy.

So??

Electro has killed hundreds of people since his power up.That doesn't put him in the rankings for greatest or deadliest foe.

You don't judge a villain just based on their power level.

And if you want to talk deadly gangs,because that's what it was in Maximum Carnage.There was Carnage,Shriek,Doppleganger,Carrion and Demogoblin all teamed up.Kasady wasn't alone.

The Sinister Six once turned earth into a war zone in the Revenge of the Sinister Six.Ock nearly destroyed the planet.It took Spider-Man,Captain America,the Fantastic Four,Ghost Rider,Deathlok,Nova and the Hulk to take them down.

And I can provide scans of that too if you like.

Doc Ock
I'm not knocking the other villains.

I'm just saying it takes more than a cool power and an attitude to rank a villain as one of the greatest.

Drache53
I'd say Green Goblin, followed by Ock and then Venom. I really don't need to provide reasons, because we pretty much ALL know the reasons.

Marcus4600
Amen. Ock, you win. However, Carnage still isn't one to take lightly. I'd say this then: He's the most f*cked in the head of all Spidey villains. I'd provide scans of that, but I don't wanna be banned. Can you give scans though of the Revenge of the Sinister Six? I've never read that one, and I'd like to see Ghost Rider kick some butt.

SpyCspider
who would you guys consider as villains who Marvel tried to top Spidey's archnemesis classics....but never quite made it?

Morlun is one, i believe.

Doc Ock
Amen. Ock, you win. However, Carnage still isn't one to take lightly. I'd say this then: He's the most f*cked in the head of all Spidey villains. I'd provide scans of that, but I don't wanna be banned. Can you give scans though of the Revenge of the Sinister Six? I've never read that one, and I'd like to see Ghost Rider kick some butt.

I haven't won anything dude.I was just making a point.This isn't a contest.There's lot's of villains out there who have killed alot of people and have cool powers.But it takes alot more than that to become one of the greats.

And I love Carnage.He's great.But he's not a classic,and nowhere near the level of status that Ock etc have.

I'll post some scans tomorrow of the Sinister Six tomorrow.

Marcus4600
Sweet. Morlun is definately one who failed miserably. He's basically Morbius from the animated series with a more mystical basis. He even looks kinda like Morbius.

Next Venom_girl
Kaine looked pretty cool, but the word "clone" is now a taboo among the Spider-titles.

Marcus4600
Thus the Spidey episode called "I really, really hate clones." Also, when he was taking on those Hydra mock ups of the original Avengers that beat them, he said that if he ever saw another clone, he was throwing it off the Brooklyn Bridge.

Knightfall93
Clones suck but that Goblin site link that Next venom Girl put on is brill! It really explains LOADS about a possible full story of norman

Spideys Sister
Thus the Spidey episode called "I really, really hate clones." Also, when he was taking on those Hydra mock ups of the original Avengers that beat them, he said that if he ever saw another clone, he was throwing it off the Brooklyn Bridge. What I want is a return of the Clone saga. I know I'm repetitive but they should bring Madame web to Spidergirl and have her meet the alternate versions of her.

Lord Paradise
Originally posted by SpyCspider
who would you guys consider as villains who Marvel tried to top Spidey's archnemesis classics....but never quite made it?

Morlun is one, i believe. Alright, I don't have anything in particular against Morlun, but that's not it at all. Morlun's new. Once he gets another few arcs, he might be ranked up with Carnage. He'll never be arch-nemesis, though.

And Stan Lee always says it right. I think Kingpin's underrated caus of his Daredevil preoccupation, and he should be on the list with Venom and Carnage as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.