Darth Sidious Vs Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Commander K
In a ELEVATOR of the invisible hand.

PurpleSaber
Sidious would win. That is why Tyranus is the "apprentice". He learned from Sidious. If Tyranus was more powerful or more skillful with a saber, then he would have killed his master. That is the Sith way.

Itzak
I'm going with Sidous on this one. Reasons... See above post^. confused

DE Calvin
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Sidious would win. That is why Tyranus is the "apprentice". He learned from Sidious. If Tyranus was more powerful or more skillful with a saber, then he would have killed his master. That is the Sith way.
Actually, Dooku could have been more powerful, but was intimidated by Sidious, and he often thought about overthrowing him, but he needed him still.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Actually, Dooku could have been more powerful, but was intimidated by Sidious, and he often thought about overthrowing him, but he needed him still.
Oh yeah, what book was that in again? I remember reading that somewhere.

Faroth
Dooku would win. He's probably one of the strongest Sith of his era, and one of the reasons Palpatine ordered him to lose against Anakin is that if Dooku stayed alive, he'd eventually turn on Sidious (not sexually) and kill him.

zephiel7
Sidious, because he is stronger

DE Calvin
Oh yeah, what book was that in again? I remember reading that somewhere. Some where in LoE.

xxxpoppunker182
i'm pretty sure that dooku is better than sidious with a saber but i dunno elevator is very small. sidious because i think he's more powerful in the force and the darkside so his sith lightning would be more effective than dooku's

Faroth
Dooku's saber could probably absorb some of it, but in this enclosed space, I'm not sure that he could use lightning without frying them both.

Darth Traya
In an elevator? Dooku wins. Dooku is Sidious' superior in lightsabre combat, and whilst Sidious is a better force user, in such a confined space Dooku would win.

kamikz
I agree with Traya. There is not enough room for force using in this battle.

Fishy
Agreed, Sidious is WTFPwned.

darthsith19
Lucas has stated that only Yoda and Mace are a match for Sidious. And Anakin if he hadn't been injured. No Dooku.

Also note that Dooku has been classified as a level 8 in lightsaber combat, Sidious a level 9.

And Yoda was beating Dooku but lost to Sidious. I don't care if Yoda's own power was his downfall or whatever he still lost the only time they fought but had the upper hand both times he fought Dooku.

And I don't see being in the elevator giving anyone a particular advantage.

Fishy
Lucas only talks about Jedi, why would he talk about other Sith Lords?

The numbers in lightsaber combat aren't important either, they haven't been said by somebody with the right to make such claims.

Yoda beating Dooku? didn't see that in AOTC. Yoda was more powerful but Dooku left because he had too, an entire army was coming for him and if he didn't leave right away he would be WTFPwnd.

Yoda was also winning from Sidious in a lightsaber fight he lost in a force fight.

Now why would the elevator help Dooku?

Dooku is the master of the greatest lightsaber vs lightsaber style, if anybody would be good in a fight it would be him, he's also in a small area, where neither he and Sidious can move. Dooku with his use of Makashi can fight perfectly well in a small space, Sidious however most likely uses form Ataru, or Juyo. Neither one of which allow close quarter fighting. Dooku would slice his ass up.

The close quarters also won't allow Sidious to use the force in the way he otherwise could, lightning wouldn't work just raising your hands means your dead. Other force attacks would either not work aginst Dooku or would take to much time, meaning he's daed.

darthsith19
He didn't say "the only Jedi who can compete with Sidious..." did he?

Hasn't Lucas made numbers like this too? And Nick Gillard has the right to make these numbers.

Yes, he'd have been WTFPwnd. But Sidious beat Yoda.

A loss is still a loss.

Is he? Makashi over Vaapad? Not sure about that.

That's right, and Sidious uses Ataru so maybe Dooku would win but it'd be close.

Does Juyo take alot of space?

Why?

A Force push followed by a stab in the heart? Why not a simple Force Grip? Wouldn't that work since Sidious > Dooku in terms of the Force?

Fishy
Juyo does take up more movement space then Makashi, which is the ultimate lightsaber style for lightsaber vs lightsaber fighting.

Why would Sidious die if he would use a force technique that takes a whole second to prepare? He would need to lower his lightsaber for it to be powerful, meaning Dooku kills him. He would then need to raise his hands, again Dooku would kill him then he launches lightning. That could very likely be deflected by Dooku his lightsaber just like Mace Windu did. Dooku has the superior lightsaber style and skills and therefor in a closed envirement like this he just wins from Sidious.

Wesker
Show me where GL made up numbers for anyone, much less Dooku. I don't particularly trust NG the stunt coordinator, since he's horribly Anakin-Sidious biased.

Faroth
Originally posted by darthsith19
Lucas has stated that only Yoda and Mace are a match for Sidious. And Anakin if he hadn't been injured. No Dooku.

Also note that Dooku has been classified as a level 8 in lightsaber combat, Sidious a level 9.

And Yoda was beating Dooku but lost to Sidious. I don't care if Yoda's own power was his downfall or whatever he still lost the only time they fought but had the upper hand both times he fought Dooku.

And I don't see being in the elevator giving anyone a particular advantage.

Actually, like I said before, could Sidious use Force? No. Is Sidious better in LIGHTSABER combat? No. So what makes you think that Sidious would win? Because of that gay master and apprentice thing? I believe Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Faroth
Actually, like I said before, could Sidious use Force? No. Is Sidious better in LIGHTSABER combat? No. So what makes you think that Sidious would win? Because of that gay master and apprentice thing? I believe Anakin was stronger than Obi-Wan.
Had Anakin been given a couple more years he would have been more powerful, however he wasn't during ROTS. Thats why he had his limbs strewn all over Mustafar.

Faroth
No...

Obi-Wan says it himself in RotS:
"You're a better Jedi than I could ever be."
Say something? The only reason Anakin had lost is because he jumped at Obi-Wan, which was a stupid move. If Anakin had managed to land, and they continued their fight, Anakin would've won after a while.

PurpleSaber
Oh and darthsith, you said "a loss is still a loss" with regards to the yoda vs, sidious battle. Just because yoda lost doesn't mean that Sidous is a better swordsman.

Faroth
He isn't.

Sidious put away his saber because he knew that Yoda was a better swordsman.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Faroth
No...

Obi-Wan says it himself in RotS:
"You're a better Jedi than I could ever be."
Say something? The only reason Anakin had lost is because he jumped at Obi-Wan, which was a stupid move. If Anakin had managed to land, and they continued their fight, Anakin would've won after a while.
Anakin had the potential to be a better Jedi, but he wasn't.

Faroth
He could've beaten him. If Anakin had let the metal platform drift a little further, he could've jumped off and landed next, to Obi-Wan, start fighting again, and kill him.

Fishy
They were equals in the fight for most of the time. Obi Wan had the brains, it was only logical that he would win. Perhaps Anakin could have won, but I would still give it to Obi Wan in another situation because he's just smarter then Anakin.

darthsith19
Which technique is this? Lightning? All he does is lift's his hands.

Block Dooku's saber and then use his other hand to zap him.

Why would he need to raise both? Just use one.

With extreme diffuculty.

Never said he did, just that I thought he did followed by a ?.

Did I say Sidious was a better swordsman than Yoda?

DarkNemesis
Which technique is this? Lightning? All he does is lift's his hands.

Lift his hands and Dooku will cut him down, especially in a really tightly-closed space.

Block Dooku's saber and then use his other hand to zap him.

That would significantly lower the power of his lightning attack. And Dooku has the ability to block lightning with his bare hands.

Why would he need to raise both? Just use one.

It would lower the power of his lightning

With extreme diffuculty.

With Sidious only using one hand? It won't be nearly as tough as the lightning unleashed on Mace.

Did I say Sidious was a better swordsman than Yoda?

From what we saw, no he isn't. Dooku is also said to be one of the best swordsman of his era. What makes you think Dooku would be guarenteed a loss in a lightsaber duel?

Faroth
I'll say it one more time.

IF HE USED LIGHTNING, IT'D KILL THEM BOTH. THEY'RE FIGHTING IN A FREAKING ELEVATOR, SO ALL THEY CAN DO IS DUEL WITH THEIR SABERS! IF SIDIOUS USED WEAKER LIGHTNING SO IT WOULDN'T BLAST HIM WITH RECOIL, DOOKU COULD ABSORB IT WITH HIS SABER.

DarkNemesis
good point there Faroth.

Illustrious
The hack the elevator and they both die.

Faroth

That too.

tombo671
omg u people are wierd dooku is in the 8 category of lightsabers and sidious is in the 9 waker up sidious has far better knowledge in the force then dooku and he is slightly better with a lightsaber the only reason he got disarmed by yoda is because he stayed and fought him longer then dooku because dont forget them two were fighting during the break with obi wan vs aniken

Genesis

This is AWFUL logic. I agree Sidious would win but not simply because Dooku was the apprentice. That's ridiculous. We've seen apprentices overthrow their masters plenty of times in the SWU.

No. Apprentices don't always just outright kill their masters. They may be more skillful but might be emotionally intimidated. There are various factors.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by tombo671
omg u people are wierd dooku is in the 8 category of lightsabers and sidious is in the 9 waker up sidious has far better knowledge in the force then dooku and he is slightly better with a lightsaber the only reason he got disarmed by yoda is because he stayed and fought him longer then dooku because dont forget them two were fighting during the break with obi wan vs aniken Worst use of periods, ever.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Worst use of periods, ever.

You mean the lack of them?

Spelling needs to be worked on I would say.
omg u people are wierd dooku is in the 8 category of lightsabers and sidious is in the 9 waker up sidious has far better knowledge in the force then dooku and he is slightly better with a lightsaber the only reason he got disarmed by yoda is because he stayed and fought him longer then dooku because dont forget them two were fighting during the break with obi wan vs aniken
When you say dooku is in the 8 category of lightsabers and sidious is in the 9 where does that come from? I'm interested.

Red Nemesis
Nick Gillard (I think) was ranking the Force users' skillz during the commentary or featurette (sp?) on the RotS DVD.

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Nick Gillard (I think) was ranking the Force users' skillz during the commentary or featurette (sp?) on the RotS DVD.

Thanks is it considered cannon? The skill ranking that is.

Hewhoknowsall
Sidious = Yoda > Dooku

Dooku > Obi Wan > Vader =< Sidious

Lord Lucien
What?

Genesis
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Sidious = Yoda > Dooku

Dooku > Obi Wan > Vader =< Sidious

I thought I went over this breech of logic.

Nephthys
Maybe his zipper got stuck.

Gideon
Ah, this thread brings back the fondest of memories.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Which is clearly stupid.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Gideon
Ah, this thread brings back the fondest of memories.

Your fondest of memories are linked to a SW VS Forum Thread? ^^

Slash_KMC
Some people ...

Gideon
Some of them, absolutely.

Slash_KMC
My thoughts exactly.

CadoAngelus
Darth Sidious from any era at any time would completely own and destroy Tyranus...

Gideon
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Darth Sidious from any era at any time would completely own and destroy Tyranus...

WTF.

Where the hell did you come up with that idea? I mean, if anything, it would be the reverse.

Slash_KMC
WTF.

Where the hell did you come up with that idea? I mean, if anything, it would be the reverse.

Okay, who hacked his account this time ?

Gideon
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Okay, who hacked his account this time ?

Hacking?

lol.

Look, as the harbinger and guardian of logic in these here parts, I'm simply questioning where the hell someone would come up with that idea.

I mean, Cado might be basing the ridiculous theory off of the fact that Sidious has been stated to be stronger, demonstrates greater powers, and that Dooku regarded Sidious with total fear and reverence, but do you think that means shit?

Ask Nai. He'll tell you. Making someone your lapdog for thirteen years and having them terrified to be in your very presence via hologram and so on and so forth is not a sign of superiority.

You just wait. Nai will show you.

Nephthys
laughing

Gideon
Originally posted by Nephthys
laughing

Why the hell are you laughing? I challenge you to prove meNai wrong.

Nephthys
Dooku sux. I win.

Eminence
You never win, unless you agree with me.

Nephthys
I agree, I never win.

I win.

Eminence
That was completely unnecessary.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
That was completely unnecessary.

No, I am.

Eminence
... Okay.

Nephthys
As is your penis.excellent

Slash_KMC
I'm trying out this 'give random replies thing'.

Gideon
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I'm trying out this 'give random replies thing'.

Your words ring with truth, though.

Eminence
I advocate genocide, but only if I get to choose who dies.

Haha.

Nephthys
Take notes Slash, Thats a master of random at work.

Slash_KMC
Take notes Slash, Thats a master of random at work.

I know, half of the time I don't even know what he's talking about, or who he is talking to.

Eminence
A koala today is a eucalyptus tree devoured, too. What's your point?

CadoAngelus
Hacking?

lol.

Look, as the harbinger and guardian of logic in these here parts, I'm simply questioning where the hell someone would come up with that idea.

I mean, Cado might be basing the ridiculous theory off of the fact that Sidious has been stated to be stronger, demonstrates greater powers, and that Dooku regarded Sidious with total fear and reverence, but do you think that means shit?

Ask Nai. He'll tell you. Making someone your lapdog for thirteen years and having them terrified to be in your very presence via hologram and so on and so forth is not a sign of superiority...

That's exactly what it is...people like that lay throughout history as the greatest leaders of their time/country/whatever...

Hitler: he wasn't powerful in any way shape or form, apart from the fact that he "Make someone his lapdog and made them terrified to be his very presence via hologram (<--not that bit) and so on and so forth...". He was smart though. That's how he became Furah (dunno how to spell it...=S)...

TBH, that's my only example...

but then again, you did contradict yourself...trying to defend Tyranus...

the fact that Sidious has been stated to be stronger, demonstrates greater powers, and that Dooku regarded Sidious with total fear and reverence...

Slash_KMC
but then again, you did contradict yourself...trying to defend Tyranus...

turned

Borbarad
Ask Nai. He'll tell you. Making someone your lapdog for thirteen years and having them terrified to be in your very presence via hologram and so on and so forth is not a sign of superiority.

You just wait. Nai will show you.

Hitler ruled Germany for more than a decade and had people terrified in his very presence. Does that mean he would have been able to defeat every single of his subjects in a fist fight? No? I see: Your "logic" fails once more, as does your sarcasm.

Maybe we should analyze force powers and lightsaber abilities rather then sheming and manipulation abilities to determine the victor of a versus fight. I mean, hey, that could be a good idea, right?

Not in the fanboy universe that Gideon lives in of course.

Gideon
I was just busting your balls, Nai. I never thought you'd actually try to debate this point, lol. Besides, the last time you were here, didn't you tell me that you never entertained the idea of Dooku beating Sidious?

I'm game.

This is an irrelevant comparison. For clarification, let's elaborate. Adolf Hitler was the undisputed dictator of a vast army, surrounded by brutal bodyguards and psychotic lieutenants. Count Dooku, on the other hand, was the "conquering general" of armies who secretly answered to Palpatine -- there is no indication that Sidious controlled the Confederacy directly and completely until prior to Labyrinth of Evil. Moreover, Dooku was not in Sidious's direct presence when he mused on his great fear of the Dark Lord. It was typically via hologram, with the Count secluded in his fortresses surrounded by armies.

Again, an irrelevant comparison. Was Hitler a powerful Force-user? Were his subjects?

During a particularly juicy moment of Dark Rendezvous, Dooku thinks of his Master with great condescension. He believes that Sidious was wont to indulge himself in overly complex schemes, where Dooku saw far simpler solutions to the same problem. During this moment of condescension, he does have enough foresight to clarify to the reader: "Not that would ever question the power of Darth Sidious. The dark secrets at his command."

Of course, in the very next scene, when Sidious visits via hologram, Dooku's condescension "spills from him like blood from a vein."

So, in conclusion, Nai. Count Dooku, known for his brazen rebelliousness and his rejection of the great Master Yoda, commander of vast armies, one of the most powerful Sith Lords and Jedi Masters of all time, bold enough to declare open war against the Jedi Order...

...Is terrified to be in his Master's hologram presence. Not to mention all of Palpatine's feats exceed Dooku's.

The Count is simply inferior. And it's high time you accept it and move on. Repent for your sinful and delusional ways, Nai. Only through our forgiveness can ye be saved.

Nephthys
Yep, even stronger than Stalin.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/113/306479955_bf9060d7d0_o.jpg

Gideon
Yep, even stronger than Stalin.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/113/306479955_bf9060d7d0_o.jpg

Damn. I guess there went my whole point.

Nephthys
Palpatine's got nothin' on Mr. H

http://www.comics.aha.ru/rus/stalin/HitSta000.gif

Borbarad
I was just busting your balls, Nai. I never thought you'd actually try to debate this point, lol. Besides, the last time you were here, didn't you tell me that you never entertained the idea of Dooku beating Sidious?

The last time I was here was yesterday and I can't remember to have stated anything on that particular topic. And if I may remind you: The only thing that was ever debated in regard of that subject was the question if Dooku could defeat RotS Sidious in a lightsaber fight and if he could defend himself against RotS Sidious force onslaught long enough to move on to and kill the Sith Lord if he should be able to defeat him with a lightsaber.

That are two strictly limited questions - not a generalization that you prefer as outcome of a VS match.

Gideon. For the sake of God. Stop this ridiculous attempts to pull conclusions out of your ass. Why does Dooku fear Sidious? Right. You can't answer the question, because an answer is never given. You know: Fear is a complete irrational mechanism. If it's irrational you can't find a rational explanation for the feeling. If you can't find a rational explanation, you can't draw the conclusion that Dooku feared Sidious because he had a real reason to do so. And since you can't do that, stating that Dooku feared Sidious doesn't get you anywhere.

According to legend, elephants do fear mice. Is there any rational explanation for it? Is there anything that would allow us to draw the conclusion that mice > elephants?

It is not irrelevant, because it serves as a demonstration of the illogical reasoning you're attempting to use here. What you're, basically, saying is: One can't overcome something he fears . Where is the logic in that statement?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never said that Dooku is overall more powerful than Sidious, which wouldn't make sense for various reasons. I may just explain it once again.

The scenario is the following: RotS Sidious and RotS Dooku see each other for the first time (VS Fight - no character relation involved). Sidious wants to fry Dooku with force lightning, while Dooku wants to take the fight to Sidious (melee action). Two simple questions:

a) Is it possible that Dooku could defend himself against a single attack with force lightning from Sidious?

b) Is it possible that Dooku could defeat RotS Sidious in the ensuing lightsaber battle if the answer to a) is "yes".

You see. That is a very confined space for an argument: You have Sidious who didn't touch a weapon for a decade (so clearly not in top shape) and you have a very detailed idea on how the fight might work. Phase I: Sidious attempts to fry Dooku, phase II: Dooku tries to cut down Sidious.

I assume that Dooku could win in the above mentioned, clearly defined scenario. Could he do the same if we assume both characters "in universe" as they are in RotS? Maybe - but far less likely because of the relationship between those two characters. I beg to differ between VS fight and hypothetical in universe happenings.

PS: Please spare me those pseudo-christian ramblings, Jessiah. I neither care about forgiveness (lmao here?) nor sins (sins against what?). wink

Gideon
You finally conceded the point. Thank you, Nai. That's all I wanted.

Autokrat
Hitler even has teenage girls for camp followers. Behold!

http://nathanielstern.com/blog/wp-content/prussianbluecopy.jpg

Nephthys
Does Palpatine? No. H 2 : P 0

Hitler and Stalin displaying telepathy even as babies:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/krunkpb1/cute_hitler_stalin.jpg

Three, nil. excellent

Gideon
Originally posted by Autokrat
Hitler even has teenage girls for camp followers. Behold!

http://nathanielstern.com/blog/wp-content/prussianbluecopy.jpg

The hallmark of great success.

Lord Lucien
Why are there pictures of Super-Hitler, mini-dictators, and Prussian Blue in here?

Nephthys
It's a conspiracy, The Reich is rising again. Bad news, Sexy/Faunus, you're pretty f*cked.dpgun

I'll have to kill you now to prevent you from unleashing James Bond/Jack Bauer on the NWO.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Why are there pictures of Super-Hitler, mini-dictators, and Prussian Blue in here?

"The answer is in the question."

Borbarad
You finally conceded the point. Thank you, Nai. That's all I wanted.

You mean the point which I didn't even argue in the first place? Can you even read? Yes? No? Maybe so? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh. By the way: Sidious sucks.

Gideon
This must be the part where I roar in outrage and defend His Majesty's honor?

Puh-lease. I, unlike you, am not so easily baited. Nor was that particularly witty; I urge you, quite strongly, to stick to the points. You might be hilarious in German, but I'm very serious when I say that no one here finds you funny.

"Sidious sucks." Jesus, it ranks up there with calling Truculent "Sally."

Borbarad
This must be the part where I roar in outrage and defend His Majesty's honor?

Puh-lease. I, unlike you, am not so easily baited. Nor was that particularly witty; I urge you, quite strongly, to stick to the points. You might be hilarious in German, but I'm very serious when I say that no one here finds you funny.

"Sidious sucks." Jesus, it ranks up there with calling Truculent "Sally."

Of course I estimated you would be baited by "Sidious sucks". Just as much as I belief in Allah, care about the trained monkeys posting here or give a damn about 99.999999 % of the humans living on this planet.

That aside: Stop your appeals to majority - they're not just logically fallacious and directed against a narcissist who does - by definition - not care about them, given that he would only attempt to be funny - if at all - in order to make himself laugh. It's simply pitiful when the supposed majority consists of one single person being yourself.

smile

Gideon
You've been watching House, haven't you? laughing out loud

Eminence
Hey!

Gideon
Hey!

He gets in these moods when he watches that show. As sarcasm is his coping mechanism for defeat, Googling Houseisms from the internet and changing the words is something he does to cope for a lackluster wit.

Now, hush, Nai. You've lost a long time ago; I've won. Sidious is the most powerful Force user ever! You'll conform or be ignored.

Eminence
The monk wins.

Gideon
The monk wins.

Nonsense. The monk was in hiding due to fear of the Emperor.

Borbarad
You've been watching House, haven't you? laughing out loud

The last time I watched House was in 2008 - on DVD.

J.J. - you just exist here because I let you. Why? Because I'm not getting paid for correcting the mistakes your parents made and I'm also not motivated - atm - to correct the mistakes you made yourself.

On a sidenote: You "won" because certain people were bored by repetition of certain points ad nauseam and further disgusted by your sick worshipping of a shrivelled laughing stock. And of course, they considered arguing with a teenager beneath them. By the way: Did somebody manage to get you a nice little trophy when you "defeated" all "opposition" and "won"?

Gideon
Absolutely, my profile. And stop pretending to be me. I threw you all out on your ass once. Don't make me do it again. laughing out loud

CadoAngelus
...an irrelevant comparison. Was Hitler a powerful Force-user? Were his subjects?

Until Nephthys came back with that awesome strip of Hitler defeating Stalin, I was gonna say that my opinion wasn't based on force-abilities necessarily lol...but I guess that broke the ice a little

What I was trying to say is, it took several years and almost equal time to plan and act out the plan to try and assasinate hitler, something that some might deem a head-to-head in some respects. Even then, they failed...this proves that regardless of the physical power that one person has (sidious being one of the most powerful force users in SW) a person can have an adverse effect on ones ability to perform...Dooku's no exception

Gideon
Until Nephthys came back with that awesome strip of Hitler defeating Stalin, I was gonna say that my opinion wasn't based on force-abilities necessarily lol...but I guess that broke the ice a little

What I was trying to say is, it took several years and almost equal time to plan and act out the plan to try and assasinate hitler, something that some might deem a head-to-head in some respects. Even then, they failed...this proves that regardless of the physical power that one person has (sidious being one of the most powerful force users in SW) a person can have an adverse effect on ones ability to perform...Dooku's no exception

That made no sense, whatsoever.

I'll explain: I was being sarcastic on this thread. See, I know that Dooku couldn't defeat Sidious because I know he's inferior in all ways. Sidious is much more powerful, more learned in the Force, a superior swordsman, more intelligent, and more charismatic. There are only two things that the Count has on his Master, and that is age and height.

But Dooku, whom the great Master Yoda could never bring to heel in the seven decades of his Jedi career, was tamed by Sidious in a little over one. It's sort of tragically amusing, you see. We have example after example of Dooku regarding Sidious with complete awe and fear. Labyrinth of Evil confirms that Dooku believes in his heart of hearts that his entire life was meant to be in service to Sidious. His entry in the Essential Guide to the Force mentions how he was wayward and weak "until I met Darth Sidious. And he made me strong."

You see? Words can't even capture how easily and utterly Dooku was in Sidious's thrall. The arrogant Count was subserviant to a politician, the murderer of his beloved student, and someone who is roughly two decades his junior.

Which is even more funny given how Wild Space shows how much contempt Sidious regarded Dooku.

Eminence
What's "Wild Space"? CW episode?

Borbarad
I'll explain: I was being sarcastic on this thread. See, I know that Dooku couldn't defeat Sidious because I know he's more charismatic.

Fanboy? No way. Lmao.

Gideon
What's "Wild Space"? CW episode?

A novel based on the Clone Wars television show. During one of their interactions via hologram, Dooku makes a sniveling agreement to one of Sidious's plans, and Sidious harshly reprimands him (and then threatens him if it fails), musing "the fool really thinks he's an equal."

And then later in the book, he regards Dooku's whole purpose as an aggrandized "housekeeper."

DARTH POWER
omg u people are wierd dooku is in the 8 category of lightsabers and sidious is in the 9 waker up

Actally NG never said anywhere that Dooku was a level 8. People are just assuming that.
But we do know that Dark Rendezvous calls Dooku equal to Mace in Sabers. and we also know Dooku clashed Sabers with Mace in Obsessions with neither gaining the advantage. And we know NG called Mace a level 9.

DARTH POWER

During a particularly juicy moment of Dark Rendezvous, Dooku thinks of his Master with great condescension. He believes that Sidious was wont to indulge himself in overly complex schemes, where Dooku saw far simpler solutions to the same problem. During this moment of condescension, he does have enough foresight to clarify to the reader: "Not that would ever question the power of Darth Sidious. The dark secrets at his command."

Of course, in the very next scene, when Sidious visits via hologram, Dooku's condescension "spills from him like blood from a vein."

ah but the interesting part is in Dark Rendezvous Dooku considered himself EQUAL to Yoda! he thought he was his equal in AOTC, and yet hes so afraid of Sidious's power who is at Best just slightly more powerful than Yoda. So why is that?? Sidious Obviously has some Huge Psychological way to Intimidate Dooku, which Yoda simply doesnt have over him.

But I dnt think anyone doubts that both Sidious and Yoda are More Powerful than Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.