A Republic Commando Squadron or two ARC Troopers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
The ARCs have the advantage of superior armor and firepower, and are much more independant.

The Commandos have the advantage of numbers and squad based tactics, however are considerably less efficent on their own. I believe the four of them would be able to take out a sole ARC, but I'm not sure about two.

Setting: Anywhere on Kamino. Can be the landing platforms, the hallways, clone training chambers, whereever.

Wesker
ARC troopers, I would think.

PurpleSaber
Hmmm, I would have to go with the ARC troopers.

Faroth
ARCies.

They a ton more skilled, and... they have cooler armor, too.

But more importantly, their a ton more skilled and have the fo'shizzle blasters.

Sorry, but I couldn't help it. I had to say it.

PurpleSaber
Wait a minute, I'm confused. In ROTS, were those ARC troopers that tried to shoot down Obi?

Captain REX
We don't see any real ARC troopers in ROTS. The Clone Commanders were partially trained by them, however. Unless you're talking of something else.

Faroth
Those were just Clone Commandos.

Captain REX
Wrong. Those are Clone Commanders. There IS a difference.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Wait a minute, I'm confused. In ROTS, were those ARC troopers that tried to shoot down Obi?
If you have played "Republic Commando", those are ARCs.

SnakeEyes
Calvin... quite frankly... you're being a dumbass yet again.

In the game "Republic Commando" you play as a REPUBLIC COMMANDO.

ARC troopers can be seen accompanying Obi-Wan/Anakin in the Republic comic series and they can also be seen in the Clone Wars cartoon when Obi-Wan travels to Muunilist.

This is what ARC troopers look like:

SnakeEyes
Republic Commandos look like this:

DE Calvin
Dif. artists have dif. interpreatations.

Ganner Rhysode
Uh, Calvin, you're still being a dumbass... That has nothing to do with the fact that ARC Troopers and Republic Commandos are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, and the fact that in Republic Commando, as SnakeEyes said, you play a REPUBLIC COMMANDO, as well as the fact that the comic clearly establishes that they are ARC Troopers, and not Clone Commandos, and that they're clearly different.

Summary: You're being stupid, and your comment has nothing to do with anything. What the Hell, man...

DE Calvin
You sig is going well, though I don't appreciate the bashing.

darthsith19
The Commandos. If you've read Hard Contact you'd know they're really strong and their armor is actually stronger than ARC armor (which I find stupid). In a one-on-one fight the ARC'd beat the Commando but 4 on 2? That's 2 commandos one one ARC. The Commandos take it.

Edit: Cody, Bly, the Commander who killed Mundi and the one that tired to kill Yoda were ARC's. They were gien ARC training by Clones that were already ARC's that were trained by Jango.

Faroth
Snake is right. The Clones that just have the fancy lining on their armor and a few extra weapons/gadgets are commanders. The ones with like 70 pounds of armor, weapons, and gadgets are ARCies.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faroth
Snake is right. The Clones that just have the fancy lining on their armor and a few extra weapons/gadgets are commanders. The ones with like 70 pounds of armor, weapons, and gadgets are ARCies.
No, some Commanders are ARC's. ARC's don't always have all that stuff with/one them at once.

Faroth
An ARC Trooper is a higher rank than commander. It's not a faction or anything...

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faroth
An ARC Trooper is a higher rank than commander. It's not a faction or anything...
No, whichever is a higher rank is a higher rank. Last time I checked, standard ARC Troopers didn't order around standard Clone Troopers.

VISQUIS
I think Republic Commandos.They are cooler and I think they could win big time.Not even an 2 or 4 arc troopers could pull off what the Commandos did in the game.They took on 3 grievous bodygaurds at the same time and much more.But the down part of the Commandos are on the 2nd part where your on the ship in space with all the trandoshonsare,only 2 commandos made it in one piece,you had to save the other 2 in it.I think it was Fixer that made it,the second one is you in the game ofcourse.But the Commandos are better anyway .

Captain REX
The ARCs have a much higher level of training though; the Commandos received their training, in a milder version, from them.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
The ARCs have a much higher level of training though; the Commandos received their training, in a milder version, from them.
That's the Commanders that recieved a milder version of training from the ARC's, not the Commandos. The Commandos revieved lethal training. They were put into live-action situations where Clones died. Very intense. I really don't see any way the ARC's could have been trained more intensly.

VISQUIS
Darthsith19 has a point,ARC's couldn't of done that

eternallight569
According to various sources, including those cited in Wookieepedia, the Advanced Recon Commando (ARC) is superior to the Clone Commando (Republic Commando).

This is not to belittle the RC, as they too are very deadly, but the ARC enjoys a number of advantages, including personal training from Jango Fett, and complete operational independence free from any genetic modifications to induce compliance. The RCs, however, merely have reduced genetic modification.

The details about the history and differences between the ARC and RC are described under the History section of the Clone Commando article.

Sources:
http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Recon_Commando
http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_commando

Vensai
I tend to think the ARCs.

Based
Base dona quote 1 ARC = 4 commandos so...

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Based
Base dona quote 1 ARC = 4 commandos so...

Yup,
1 ARC=4 commandos=battalion of regulars

J2theP383
Based on what I've seen in the shows, played in the games, and read in the books; I'd have to hand it to the Commandos.

ARC troopers are portrayed to be regular Clones that have distinguished themselves in combat and received additional training, armor, and weapons in order to be sent into and succeed in SpecOps missions. Commandos were bred and trained from the get-go for Spec/BlackOps missions. They are also squad-based, although they can act independently, their true strength is in their team. They also have better armor, weapons, and most likely more experience and training. It is more expensive to create and outfit a Commando than an ARC trooper which is why there are more ARCs than Commandos. Chances are, as Commando casualties increased, more ARCs were trained. (For Halo enthusiasts, think of the difference between Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs or ODSTs)
The ARCs most likely rolled over into the Empire as Dark Troopers, and the few Commando units left were kept in service until they died or their units dissolved and they probably became officers or Dark Troopers themselves, but I digress...
I think you'd need a lot more than two ARCs to take out a Commando squad. One-on-one would be a bit hard to judge, but I think a fully outfitted squad of four Commandos would be even against 10 ARCs at most.

Based
The guy who trained both the ARCs and the Republic Commandos said one ARC is as lethal as a group of four.

Tzeentch
That may be true as far as efficiency, but superior numbers always trumps superior training in an open engagement.

An ARC might have better training, but he has the same speed, strength and durability as a Commando, with one quarter of the firepower.

In a firefight, an ARC or two has no chance.

Skirata Gang
First of all, RC armor is far superior to any ARC trooper armor ever made. And each RC has an arsenal of weaponry. Only ARC troopers that could take RC's are Nulls.

Skirata Gang
Everyone in this thread has no Idea what they are talking about it is hilarious lmao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.