Do you think Luke (DN) has already surpassed his father's full potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hello Friend
?

henniestevens
No I don't think so. Anakin would have reach his potential at a high age, about 90 years or something. In ROTS he already was one of the greatest of his time. If he would train another 70 years in the force, and meditate with Yoda every day, he would be greater then DN Luke.

Hello Friend
^ I think Anakin at age 50 would own Luke at age 50, assuming he trains like mad.

Considering he was the 3rd greatest in the Order at the age of 22, I don't think it would have been long beofre he surpassed Yoda.

Tangible God
4th greatest actually, after Yoda, Mace, and Obi.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Tangible God
4th greatest actually, after Yoda, Mace, and Obi.
He was greater in power than Ob-Wan.

Tangible God
Before his fall to the Dark Side?

DE Calvin
Before his fall to the Dark Side?
Yes.

Tangible God
I know I'm lacking in it myself, but can you describe some proof.

DE Calvin
Anakin WTFPWNT Dooku, While Dooku WTFPWNT Obi-Wan. Also in LoE, and Ob--Wan even says it, "you're a far greater Jedi, that I could ever hope to be."

Tangible God
I hate to get involved in the controversy surrounding the duel with Dooku, so I'n not going to. Obi also says that in the movie, yet he's the Master of the duo. And even if with all Anakin's "new" Dark powers, he still couldn't best Obi. He came close to doing so, and vice versa. I can't see how the more powerful Dark Anakin who couldn't beat Obi, his of apparently lesser status than his Light alter ego.

DE Calvin
I hate to get involved in the controversy surrounding the duel with Dooku, so I'n not going to. Obi also says that in the movie, yet he's the Master of the duo. And even if with all Anakin's "new" Dark powers, he still couldn't best Obi. He came close to doing so, and vice versa. I can't see how the more powerful Dark Anakin who couldn't beat Obi, his of apparently lesser status than his Light alter ego.
In ROTS, Obi-Wan wasn't the master anymore.

Tangible God
The title, Jedi Master. Though I admit, I don't know for how long.

Hello Friend
Most people are still Padawans at the age of 22. He was also the youngest person ever to be on the Council.

Anyways, I think Lucas said somewhere that Anakin was a better duelist, and more powerful than Obi-Wan. it was his arrogance that got him killed.

Hello Friend
Well, not killed but cut up.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, Anakin was far better then Obi-wan. He was just too arrogant (which is the reoccurring downfall of all the Sith in the movies) Thats why Obi beat him on Mustafar.

And as for the Dooku thing, Lucas says in the DVD commentary that Anakin beats Dooku fair and square. Anakin was just stronger then Dooku.

Hello Friend
O RLY?

This... this is GOLD! I must buy the REAL dvd!!!!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
What the f**k? huh?

huh

You dont own the DVD?

Hello Friend
From a certain point of view, I do... From another, I don't.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Hello Friend
From a certain point of view, I do... From another, I don't.
I'll just have to report you.(to The LAW!!!)

Darth_Glentract

It wasn't until ANH that Anakin said, "Now I am the Master."

He was greater in power than Ob-Wan.

Raw power doesn't mean more powerful overall. Saba probably has more raw power then Katarn, but Kyle would defeat her.

BTW, the whole, "reached his potential" thing is dumb. Unless he had access to all knowledge and never had any permanent damage to his body from training(practically impossible over the time it would take to even come close to reaching his potential) he can't reach it. He'd die from old age before he could reach his potential.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

It wasn't until ANH that Anakin said, "Now I am the Master."

But I'm saying anakin wasn't Obi- Wans apprentice anymore, in ROTS.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by DE Calvin
But I'm saying anakin wasn't Obi- Wans apprentice anymore, in ROTS.

How does that make him more powerful?

henniestevens

BTW, the whole, "reached his potential" thing is dumb. Unless he had access to all knowledge and never had any permanent damage to his body from training(practically impossible over the time it would take to even come close to reaching his potential) he can't reach it. He'd die from old age before he could reach his potential.

With full potential is meant, the highest level of power he could have before dying of old age. When he trained all these years and if he wasn't cut in half. smile

Fishy
And how could we possibly know that?

We have no idea on how powerful Anakin could be.. or would have been..

Jesse7
In the DVD, GL says Anakin won the fight fair and square with dooku, and that Anakin was more powerful and a better duelist then Obi-Wan? If this is so, I may just use this information in debates.

DE Calvin
How does that make him more powerful? I never said it did.

henniestevens
Originally posted by Fishy
And how could we possibly know that?

We have no idea on how powerful Anakin could be.. or would have been..

No we can't know that, but still the topic is about his full potential self. So we can guess how strong he would have been, or just give this one to DN Luke, because full potential Anakin doesn't exist.

Hello Friend
I think Anakin would have surpassed Ragnos at 50-60.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Hello Friend
I think Anakin would have surpassed Ragnos at 50-60.
no he wouldn't

Fishy
I think I have no idea, and that Anakin would have ended up thinking he was god and then accidently blowing up the nearest star killing himself before he could ever reach his full potential, Luke wins the power race because Anakin is arrogant and stupid.

Wesker
Originally posted by Jesse7
In the DVD, GL says Anakin won the fight fair and square with dooku, and that Anakin was more powerful and a better duelist then Obi-Wan? If this is so, I may just use this information in debates.

I think you're being misled. I've heard nothing of this from dozens of people who all own the ROTS DVD, many of which are Anakin fans. And Anakin was deadly at duelling, but Obi-Wan was smarter and pwned him, period.

dudeuk
Originally posted by Wesker
I think you're being misled. I've heard nothing of this from dozens of people who all own the ROTS DVD, many of which are Anakin fans. And Anakin was deadly at duelling, but Obi-Wan was smarter and pwned him, period.

Fact 1) Obi pwned Anakin.
Fact 2) Luke would pwn Anakin too as I still think Luke was the real chosen one ;-)
Fact 3) Anakin would have self destructed way before he could have reached his potential. Talk about unstable!

Darth Traya
Will people stop quoting stuff that is basically flatery? When Anakin says "You are as a great a swordsman as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda", he does not mean it! When Anakin says "I'm a slow learner", he does not mean it!

Try not to take everything so literally, geez...

If anything I could quote Vader and say.

"The last time we met, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

Darth Traya
And basic power does not make you a brilliant duelist. Anakin may have been a more powerful Jedi, but his lack of intelligence makes him inferior to Kenobi...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.