Dr. Strange vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hit and Run
Bloodlust on. Discuss.

Darth Kal-El
Stupid thread.....Strange wins 10/10

spideycarnage
miss match.. this is gonna turn into a spite thread

Hit and Run
Huh. I thought this would be a close match.

Pepito
Very even

Mider
didnt strange defeat king thor?

Darth Kal-El
yes....

Nick1989
Dr Strange would destroy Thor in a heartbeat. Its been proven on numerious occations that Strange is the most powerful Marvel human. Strange posseses powers that serpass those of any superhero or villian. Strange is extremely powerful. He would destroy Thor very quickly.

Nick1989
Care to beg to differ on my last post?

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Mider
didnt strange defeat king thor?

king tor also beated stange and others superheros before too.

DigiMark007
Some would beg to differ about this being a lop-sided match. Thor has been shown to be able to absorb magic into his hammer....a handy feature against the good doctor.

I agree that Strange has a LOT of tricks he could pull out to win this fight....and certainly has a higher potential power than Thor. But in a "Ready? Go!" scenario I'd actually say it would be pretty even. Each wins 5/10 without prep. So stick out tongue to the Strange-fanatics.

jacobo0o
"Its been proven on numerious occations that Strange is the most powerful Marvel human."

i thought silver surfer was the strongest

Darth Kal-El
SS isnt currently a human though.

DigiMark007
Surfer's another one that would probably beat Strange with no prep time. But as for "strongest Marvel human" Surfer's technically alien, and doesn't usually chill on earth anyway. Thor might not even qualify, seeing as his home dimension is Asgard.

Those "most powerful" things are always iffy anyway. What about, say, Franklin Richards for example? He's possibly near Celestial level. Or Jean, because of the pheonix? Marvel once stated that Cosmic Spidey was the most powerful hero too...which is fun to think about, but probably very untrue.

Power comes in various forms though, so unless it's very specific (i.e. strongest in weight-lifting = Hulk for example) there's probably loopholes through it.

...Strange is still loads better with prep. Without it, this is a great fight.

Mider
strange is even to much for surfer he is a avatar of eternity who defeated death.

Nick1989
I know that Silver Surfer has the ability to Wield the Power Cosmic. But Dr Strange has be underrated on a numerious number of occations becusae of his age. In the comics i have read to far about Strange he has a wide variety of abilities that make him a formidable opponent to any opponent.

It was discovered that Strange is capable of overpowering the Hulk. Strange has had alot of time to develop his unique powers. He has had years and years of experience.

Nick1989
Also Strange is one of the most fastest characters in Marvel. Probely 2nd. He is far faster than Quicksilver. Perphaps the most fastest. He can react faster than any known superhero or villian. Strange is the ultimate superhero. He is wise/intelligent, fast, powerful, high lvl protection skills. Strange is very arrogent too, so all he would say do is ''All to easy. It is time to part, Thor'' and then he would open a gateway and put Thor in another dimention. Also Thor in incredibly fast. Thor might put up a good fight because he high indurance to injury. But sooner or later Dr Strange will contain him in a Gateway/portal. Even though Thor's hammer is able to withstand magic attacks Dr Strange would kill him instantly.

Hit and Run
Originally posted by Nick1989
Also Strange is one of the most fastest characters in Marvel. Probely 2nd. He is far faster than Quicksilver. Perphaps the most fastest. He can react faster than any known superhero or villian. Strange is the ultimate superhero. He is wise/intelligent, fast, powerful, high lvl protection skills. Strange is very arrogent too, so all he would say do is ''All to easy. It is time to part, Thor'' and then he would open a gateway and put Thor in another dimention. Also Thor in incredibly fast. Thor might put up a good fight because he high indurance to injury. But sooner or later Dr Strange will contain him in a Gateway/portal. Even though Thor's hammer is able to withstand magic attacks Dr Strange would kill him instantly.
If Strange sent Thor through a portal, couldn't Thor just use his hammer to send himself back? He has created portals before.

Mider
yeah but like i said strange once came up with a amulet that negated the odin force so thor loses cause in this battle he doesnt have the odin force.

Acrosurge
This battle seems pretty clear cut to me:

Thor wins a strong majority in a no-prep situation.
Strange wins the majority in a prep situation.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mider
yeah but like i said strange once came up with a amulet that negated the odin force so thor loses cause in this battle he doesnt have the odin force.

But does he regularly have this amulet? And was this fight non-prepped? Strange depends on a lot more things to be in place to be on Thor's level or above.

Originally posted by Acrosurge

In general, I'd agree, though I think it's rather even without prep.

Mider
even if he doesnt have prep he has defeated guys like dormammu hasnt he?

Cosmic Flame
The Eye and Cloak are always in Strange's possesion. Those are the only artifacts that factor directly in fights for Strange, because they are the only ones on his person.

I don't know why people here seem to think that Strange has to have prep time to take on anyone with power. More often than not, Strange finds himself in situations where he has no prep and he still comes out on top.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
The Eye and Cloak are always in Strange's possesion. Those are the only artifacts that factor directly in fights for Strange, because they are the only ones on his person.

I don't know why people here seem to think that Strange has to have prep time to take on anyone with power. More often than not, Strange finds himself in situations where he has no prep and he still comes out on top. Strange is powerful without prep, but I still wouldn't give him a majority over Thor unless he preps first. A no-prep fight wouldn't be a curbstomp, but I think Thor would take a majority.

Cosmic Flame
I don't even know if Thor take a majority. Strange regulary takes on extra-dimensional entities that are sky-father with no prep. Thor's main chance would be to bludgeon and beat Strange into submission before he can get his bearings. If he doesn't...

spideycarnage
I've never even seen thor utilize prep before..

Nick1989
Strange could just teleport Thor to the Realm of the Dread Dormammu.

Hit and Run
Strange could just teleport Thor to the Realm of the Dread Dormammu.
I can't say I know that realm too well, but again, can't Thor just use his hammer to teleport himself back out?

Nick1989
Hmmm... Can Thor use his hammer to teleport? I never knew that.

JohnR
Strange did not negate King Thor's powers. The amulet used the power of the other skyfathers to negate King Thor's powers. Strange had no chance of winning by himself.

Strange vs regular Thor would most likely go to Strange, but he sure wouldn't win 10 out of 10 times. Strange is not some omnipotent being. He's regularly out-classed and only pulls out victories (or stalemates) through brains, skill, and sometimes the assistance of entities far more powerful than himself.

Hit and Run
Hmmm... Can Thor use his hammer to teleport? I never knew that.
He can use his hammer to create portals that allow him to travel just about anywhere.

jgiant
Strange has many options in how to battle thor effectively...thor is kinda limitied...strange will win...

Nick1989
Hey Strange would win. Hes like the 2nd most powerful Marvel character.

leonheartmm
strange is currently second in power only to wanda with the chaos wave and LT. hed whoop thor

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Some would beg to differ about this being a lop-sided match. Thor has been shown to be able to absorb magic into his hammer....a handy feature against the good doctor.

I agree that Strange has a LOT of tricks he could pull out to win this fight....and certainly has a higher potential power than Thor. But in a "Ready? Go!" scenario I'd actually say it would be pretty even. Each wins 5/10 without prep. So stick out tongue to the Strange-fanatics.

I agree yes

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
strange is currently second in power only to wanda with the chaos wave and LT. hed whoop thor

What sh*t is that laughing out loud

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
What sh*t is that laughing out loud

ahhh i wonder what made u pop up in this thread out of nowhere just as my post appeared roll eyes (sarcastic) . looks like sum1 is a lil insecure, waitin all day n personally goin after a single guy smile .

GalacticStorm
ahhh i wonder what made u pop up in this thread out of nowhere just as my post appeared roll eyes (sarcastic) . looks like sum1 is a lil insecure, waitin all day n personally goin after a single guy smile .

I respond to sh*t, something that tends to be prevalent in each and every one of your posts. laughing out loud

leonheartmm
I respond to sh*t, something that tends to be prevalent in each and every one of your posts. laughing out loud

im more of the oppinion that YOUR head is full of it n u tend to realize that when u listen to anything with reason or truth.

GalacticStorm
im more of the oppinion that YOUR head is full of it n u tend to realize that when u listen to anything with reason or truth.

More laughable analysis from the forum jester laughing out loud

Instead of trying to reply with "witty" rebuttal (not your forte no ) why not explain your opinion instead of just posting it. Come on mate, its been a long day, i could do with a laugh smile

leonheartmm
More laughable analysis from the forum jester laughing out loud

Instead of trying to reply with "witty" rebuttal (not your forte no ) why not explain your opinion instead of just posting it. Come on mate, its been a long day, i could do with a laugh smile

hmmm, disgusting as ur remarks are, ive explained it before n ill explain it again, strange's record is far greater than ANYTHING thor has done

strange has defeated beings well above skyfather level{and galactus level} without prep
eg

defeated shuma gorath a galaxy destroying being
has defeated dormammu may times without n with prep, im sure every1 knows that dormammu is above skyfather level, he held his own against eternity for a lil while too
defeated cyttorak, the same cyttorak that eternity itself could not control{plus hes quite a LEVEL above skyfathers]
defeated mephisto in his own realm, where he was powerful enough to enslave galactus for a while
has shown more power than zom one of the most powerful mystical beings in the universe/multiverse
defeated the inbetweener TWICE, the same inbetweener that master order/lord chaos had trouble controlling and who is arguably the most powerful mystical physical being in the universe after order/chaos
defeated DEATH twice! with death admitting her defeat
RESISTED the power of the infinity gauntlet with prep, the same gauntlett that killed abstracts like order, chaos, infinity and eternity as if they were insects.
RESISTED the power of the living tribunal, the guardian of the multiverse and a being of power great enough to nullify the power of the infinity gauntlett with a single snap of his finger. wielding multiversal power, he is probably second only to wanda with the chaos wave, THOTU and pre retconned beyonder.
wields the power of the eternal vishaanti who is hinted to be above abstracts.

GalacticStorm
hmmm, disgusting as ur remarks are, ive explained it before n ill explain it again, strange's record is far greater than ANYTHING thor has done

strange has defeated beings well above skyfather level{and galactus level} without prep
eg

defeated shuma gorath a galaxy destroying being
has defeated dormammu may times without n with prep, im sure every1 knows that dormammu is above skyfather level, he held his own against eternity for a lil while too
defeated cyttorak, the same cyttorak that eternity itself could not control{plus hes quite a LEVEL above skyfathers]
defeated mephisto in his own realm, where he was powerful enough to enslave galactus for a while
has shown more power than zom one of the most powerful mystical beings in the universe/multiverse
defeated the inbetweener TWICE, the same inbetweener that master order/lord chaos had trouble controlling and who is arguably the most powerful mystical physical being in the universe after order/chaos
defeated DEATH twice! with death admitting her defeat
RESISTED the power of the infinity gauntlet with prep, the same gauntlett that killed abstracts like order, chaos, infinity and eternity as if they were insects.
RESISTED the power of the living tribunal, the guardian of the multiverse and a being of power great enough to nullify the power of the infinity gauntlett with a single snap of his finger. wielding multiversal power, he is probably second only to wanda with the chaos wave, THOTU and pre retconned beyonder.
wields the power of the eternal vishaanti who is hinted to be above abstracts.

You are severely deluded, your ideas about Marvels cosmology are horribly misinterpreted. Im not even going to dignify that post with a proper response. Try sharing those ideas with the rest of the forum and dont be surprised if you get nothing but laughing out loud hysterical laughing

leonheartmm
You are severely deluded, your ideas about Marvels cosmology are horribly misinterpreted. Im not even going to dignify that post with a proper response. Try sharing those ideas with the rest of the forum and dont be surprised if you get nothing but laughing out loud hysterical laughing

hmmm, n here u were talking about backing up your statement. god what an idiot.

Cosmic Flame
I don't know...I mean, you can't really argue with what Strange has done. One may dispute where he might fall in the MU cosmological hierarchy, but one cannot dispute the many ways that Doc as kicked butt and taken names. This isn't a Phoenix thread where one can debate the concept of what Phoenix is and how its manifested on the physical plane and all that good stuff. Doc and Thor aren't concepts: they are actual beings with actual feats against other heroes and villains.

GalacticStorm
I don't know...I mean, you can't really argue with what Strange has done. One may dispute where he might fall in the MU cosmological hierarchy, but one cannot dispute the many ways that Doc as kicked butt and taken names. This isn't a Phoenix thread where one can debate the concept of what Phoenix is and how its manifested on the physical plane and all that good stuff. Doc and Thor aren't concepts: they are actual beings with actual feats against other heroes and villains.

So youre agreeing that in the Marvel Hierarchy it goes LT, Wanda and then Strange? confused

TheKahn
Strange is a ****ing beast
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t367940.html

I like Thor but Strange is just in another league imo.

leonidas
this thread is outta control. sure strange CAN win, but in a non-prepped fight this IS pretty even, with edge to thor imo. anyone ever heard of loki?? he knows a thing or two about magic himself, and i don't see HIM blinking thor out of existence. thor is a magical being himself, and deals with powerful magic regularly. everyone says strange wins -- any actually knowledgeable fans know HOW he does it? anyone seen the battle where the executioner and the enchantress work together and have strange in a position to kill him!? he is saved by clea, btw. (i've posted the scans in the past). how about when nebula takes him out with a simple blaster in a ss comic? how about in 'the end' where strange admits ss is more powerful than he is (tells ss only ss has power to take out thanos)? and ss and thor have been shown to be about equals many times.

people hear strange and say he wins. not so at all. with prep and time to gather talismans, strange would take the majority most likely. unprepped, the majority goes to thor.

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
Strange is a ****ing beast
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t367940.html

I like Thor but Strange is just in another league imo.

he is a beast, but he's had his share of lower showings as well. he doesn't just walk up to death and kill her, or eternity and blast him.

i like strange a lot, and have for a long time, but from my knowledge of the characters, there is no way i can say strange, non-prepped, would walk all over thor.

leonidas
So youre agreeing that in the Marvel Hierarchy it goes LT, Wanda and then Strange? confused

laughing

JLAKMC ASSEMBLE!!! big grin

Cosmic Cube
I'd put the good doctor in a whole 'nother class than Loki. Thor's only edges are speed, strength, and Mjolnir. He'd block a couple spells with ye olde mallet, but eventually, Steve would magic him out of his socks.

Nick1989
Ok Listen. From all the comics ive read about Strange he could destroy Thor. This image proves it all! Ok. Strange will destroy Thor! End of disscusion!

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangethor9oa.jpg

Cosmic Cube
That's Loki in the scan. But I'm sure Doc could do the same being that he's SORCERER SUPEREME of the dimension, and leagues beyond Loki in every measure.

YourBiggestFan
Wow you sure like making fun of people, he posted some nice Strange Feats and you laugh saying its not worth backing up? I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 laughed at you than rather his post. Strange would beat thor w/o prep.. he is the "SORCERER SUPREME" after all, I hope you all know what SUPREME means.

who?-kid
Ok Listen. From all the comics ive read about Strange he could destroy Thor. This image proves it all! Ok. Strange will destroy Thor! End of disscusion!

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangethor9oa.jpg
Impressive. A scan of a 40 year old comic...

Both characters have been powered up since then. And yes, Strange can very well destroy Thor (no doubt about that, Strange >> Thanos imo), but in a random "hey how about a fight right now !" it's hard to pick a winner.

Nick1989
Hey i know its Loki Cosmic Cube . That was my point. Strange is far more poweful then loki.

Cosmic Flame
The thing is Strange does find himself in random fights with magical beings on Thor's level all the time. Sometimes he's at dinner, sometimes he at Bleeker Street. I don't know why people insist that Strange is weakened because he doesn't have prep time. I think the prep depends on the situation, ie a rift in the dimensional fabric that requires a certain ritual or type of magic, or a particular villain that has to be defeated in a specific way. His prep is the same as every other character's, but on a different level. By the same token his surprise fights are on a different level as well. Sometimes he gets his but handed to him, sometime he doesn't, just like every other character.

Strange's durability is an issue, especially when dealing with someone like Thor. On the other hand, he is probably much more resourceful than Thor is.

Nick1989
Hmm.... Brilliant point Cosmic Flame

Sir Whirlysplat
smile

Sir Whirlysplat
I've seen Loki turn New York into Ice Cream and give X men godlike powers.

Nick1989
Lol. Sir Whirlysplat im afraid to say Doctor Strange is far a greater magic user than Loki will ever be.

who?-kid
The thing is Strange does find himself in random fights with magical beings on Thor's level all the time. Sometimes he's at dinner, sometimes he at Bleeker Street.
That goes for most characters.

Strange isn't weakened, he's just even more powerful with a few minutes to think and to plan.

Nick1989
Doctor Strange is an intelligent person. If he has been caught off by suprise by anyone he cant build apon that. He can be more focused now. I belive he is now more focuses and has far quicker reflexes now. So if someone gets him he will react faster. We learn from our mistakes.

leonheartmm
its already been shown that the doctor's endurance is almost infinitely greater than even superhumans. its not a question of endurance anymore.

TheKahn
As for Strange's durability...

Longpig posted this in the respect Dr. Strange thread. According to him Strange was up and about a few panels later.

Sir Whirlysplat
Lol. Sir Whirlysplat im afraid to say Doctor Strange is far a greater magic user than Loki will ever be.

I have most of the Docs appearances from a reprint in 70's pocket book form of Strange tales 110 to JMS Strange mini and I would have to disagree, some of the feats of the Gods he channels are higher, Stranges personal feats are not.

leonidas
so, how does he win, exactly? what precisely does he do? i repeat -- i've seen enchantress and executioner beat him (no prep), wm thor ko'd him with ease. he's confessed that ss is more powerful than he is. he's had geat showings, and minor showings.

this is no where near clear cut.

Nick1989
Wow! Strange got up after he was punched by Juggernaunt! Wow! I saw him get that kick into Juggernaunt and it was a good kick! I didint know that Strange was also a slighty powerful fighter.

Hit and Run
Here is a list of Thor's abilities posted in the Thor Respect Thread. It shows a great analysis of his abilities along with issue # to back each one up:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4

long pig
The Enchantress and Executioner has MASSACRED Thor on at least....3 occasions.

They never beat Strange, but they did well against him because Strange ALLOWED (CIS) himself to be kissed by Enchantress, which sapped his power(PIS) making him weak. He allowed her to do so because he knew they were up to something....he even said "It's better to have evil under foot than over head", just as the Ancient One said about mordo. That fight is totally moot.

Oh, and Strange is what Loki dreams of being when he grows up.

On to this fight.

Thor can indeed absorb magic energy, but never once has he been capable of absorbing spells. Dr.Strange hardly ever blasts simple magic energy in a fight unless he fights other heroes(otherwise he'd destroy everyone with too much ease).

Bloodlusted Strange won't do that, nor would he hold back and only use white magic.

Thor is also VERY susceptible to magical telepathy, which Strange has in spades, he's above Xavier with his Eye.

Strange has a spell which can steal Mjolnir away turning Thor into a simple strong man....who can be banished.

Nearly everytime Thor and Strange team up, Thor is in the position of student and Strange is the teacher, it's obvious Thor isn't as learned in the use of magic as Strange. Strange went as far as saying "I'll handle the hocus pocus, you just go hit things with your hammer."

Strange's shields can handle ANY attack Thor uses on him, Strange has taken full on world destroying blasts and blasts from Galactus with little effort. Thor, on the other hand CAN'T handle what Strange brings to the table.

This fight could be over in a 6 word black magic spell:

"Satan, take him, he is yours!" and bam....Thor's soul is in hell and Strange takes a nap. Simple as.

Or Thor is wrapped in a cyttorak bubble and dies. Or Thor is attacked mentally. Or Thor is turned into a table....seriously, Strange can do it. He has no rules to what he can do, Joe Quesada said so himself:

"Strange has no rules to his universe, he can do anything....there is no real threat to him because he can simply caste a spell and it's all over. How can you kill someone like that? How can you kill Strange?"

This fight wouldn't be a curbstomp, but Thor loses 8/10. With a half second prep, this would be a massive curbstomp.

Wally West
Originally posted by long pig
"How can you kill someone like that? How can you kill Strange?"
Well, they did kill him in Marvel: The End, but Thanos hit the reset button and it was forgotten stick out tongue

GalacticStorm

They never beat Strange, but they did well against him because Strange ALLOWED (CIS) himself to be kissed by Enchantress, which sapped his power(PIS) making him weak. He allowed her to do so because he knew they were up to something....he even said "It's better to have evil under foot than over head", just as the Ancient One said about mordo. That fight is totally moot.

On to this fight.

Thor can indeed absorb magic energy, but never once has he been capable of absorbing spells. Dr.Strange hardly ever blasts simple magic energy in a fight unless he fights other heroes(otherwise he'd destroy everyone with too much ease).

Bloodlusted Strange won't do that, nor would he hold back and only use white magic.

Thor is also VERY susceptible to magical telepathy, which Strange has in spades, he's above Xavier with his Eye.

Strange has a spell which can steal Mjolnir away turning Thor into a simple strong man....who can be banished.

Nearly everytime Thor and Strange team up, Thor is in the position of student and Strange is the teacher, it's obvious Thor isn't as learned in the use of magic as Strange. Strange went as far as saying "I'll handle the hocus pocus, you just go hit things with your hammer."

Strange's shields can handle ANY attack Thor uses on him, Strange has taken full on world destroying blasts and blasts from Galactus with little effort. Thor, on the other hand CAN'T handle what Strange brings to the table.

"Satan, take him, he is yours!" and bam....Thor's soul is in hell and Strange takes a nap. Simple as.

Or Thor is wrapped in a cyttorak bubble and dies. Or Thor is attacked mentally. Or Thor is turned into a table....seriously, Strange can do it. He has no rules to what he can do, Joe Quesada said so himself:

"Strange has no rules to his universe, he can do anything....there is no real threat to him because he can simply caste a spell and it's all over. How can you kill someone like that? How can you kill Strange?"

This fight wouldn't be a curbstomp, but Thor loses 8/10. With a half second prep, this would be a massive curbstomp.

So tell me LP, whats your take on Leonhearts opinion that Strange is the 3rd most powerful being in Marvel? wink

leonheartmm
So tell me LP, whats your take on Leonhearts opinion that Strange is the most powerful being in Marvel? wink

CORRECTION, SECOND most powerful NON abstract being{leaving thanos w THOTU and the living tribunal, n pre retconned beyonder}

GalacticStorm
CORRECTION, SECOND most powerful NON abstract being{leaving thanos w THOTU and the living tribunal, n pre retconned beyonder}

But he isnt by his own admission mate. Hes stated on numerous occassions in the past and more recently that hes below the likes of Silver Surfer and Thanos in terms of raw power. Strange has greater potential power than those two but not as standard. A lot of the higher level feats you listed previously were down to him employing artifacts. Youre also making the assumption that when someone resists a persons power they must automatically be on their level. no

leonidas

On to this fight.

well it's about damn time you showed up . . . wink

leonheartmm
But he isnt by his own admission mate. Hes stated on numerous occassions in the past and more recently that hes below the likes of Silver Surfer and Thanos in terms of raw power. Strange has greater potential power than those two but not as standard. A lot of the higher level feats you listed previously were down to him employing artifacts. Youre also making the assumption that when someone resists a persons power they must automatically be on their level. no

1st off, strange has NO powers of his own but employes OUTSIDE mystical sources, this is a fact biologically strange is only human, he is only DR STRANGE BECAUSE HE EMPLOYES MAGIC AND OUTSIDE SOURCES of mytical strength which include his artifacts. its kinda like GL{only much MUCH more powerful} he/she/it is human n gets their power from rings which they EMPLOY with their will and skill, thats basically what dr strange does, n thas why he ALWAYS has some if not all his artifacts with him{although mystically hidden to stop from being nuisances}

i NEVER said that resisting sum1 or sumthin makes u on par with it, ull NEVER hear me say that strange is as powerful as the tribunal{as ive already stated the tribunal is more powerful than him. BUT we have seen that the tribunal has power over all abstracts in the multiverse and also had enough to power to nullify the IG with a single fingersnap{when the IG EASILY slayed alll the abstracts like insects} now THAT PROVES that the IG cud NOT resist the tribunal as it was taken out my a mere fingersnap, STRANGE RESISTED the power of the LT twice, and actually gained the RESPECT of LT who is above all abstracts and is multiversal, now that atleast proves that he has shown more power than an IG{which he has ALSO resisted} even if he isnt as powerful as the tribunal he is sumwhere between him n the IG, n since i can think of no other being BETWEEN these two power levels{wanda with chaos wave, thanos w THOTU and pr retconeed beyonder are ABOVE thee power levels and are therefore not being stated} other than franklin richards, n franklin even though showing greater power than multiple universe has NOT positively shown INFINITELY MORE POWER{multiversal resistence etc} i can safely say that current dr strange is just below LT in terms of power n QUITE a level above galactus/celestials, normal abstracts, skyfathers etc. n the IG. its completely LOGICAL, n since strange has gotten this powerful uniformly n has the feats to back up greater power than abstracts and equal or greater power than the IG, it is NOT PIS.

theres ur answer, now stop ur vain efforts to try n mar my name, MATE!

GalacticStorm
You've done it now son. I believe a spanking is in order.

1st off, strange has NO powers of his own but employes OUTSIDE mystical sources, this is a fact biologically strange is only human, he is only DR STRANGE BECAUSE HE EMPLOYES MAGIC AND OUTSIDE SOURCES of mytical strength which include his artifacts. its kinda like GL{only much MUCH more powerful} he/she/it is human n gets their power from rings which they EMPLOY with their will and skill, thats basically what dr strange does, n thas why he ALWAYS has some if not all his artifacts with him{although mystically hidden to stop from being nuisances}

Strange through his training can tap into ambient mystical forces, invoke mystical entities and draw on his own psychic resources. Through training Strange has given himself access to great power. While genetically human its no different to a character like Binary and a variety of energy wielders who dont generate their own energies internally but taps into an outside source. (Binary for example taps into a white hole.) The only difference is Strange got to that point through mystical training. Strange employing artifacts and tomes is something completely different. If they employed cosmic tapping artifacts would the feats achieved with them be considered their own? By your logic Thanos' (who employs the use of technology all the time) feats with the IG can be considered his own because he uses external aids all the time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strange by his own admission (therefore making this non debatable) has stated that hes below the likes of Thanos and Silver Surfer in power. Simple as. With prep and the deployment of his artifacts he can defeat virtually any force this side of the Vishanti. Please dont over-estimate him.

i NEVER said that resisting sum1 or sumthin makes u on par with it, ull NEVER hear me say that strange is as powerful as the tribunal{as ive already stated the tribunal is more powerful than him. BUT we have seen that the tribunal has power over all abstracts in the multiverse and also had enough to power to nullify the IG with a single fingersnap{when the IG EASILY slayed alll the abstracts like insects} now THAT PROVES that the IG cud NOT resist the tribunal as it was taken out my a mere fingersnap,

LT cancelled out the power blast directed at him by Adam. Considering the close proximity of Adam from the abstracts and LT and what the IG has been shown to be able to do in the past it clearly wasnt a full power blast, so LT cancelling its effects out is a bit of a moot point, especially when you consider that in the same issue Eternity stated that in his totality he would be able to do the same. LT later went on to agree with Adam that he didnt know how his power would fare against the might of the IG so he pleaded with Adam to submit to his ruling (about the seperation of the gems) for fear of the destruction a battle would cause. It wasnt until Adam submitted that LTs ruling took effect. Lts agreement means that noone can say LT is beyond the IG as if he doesnt know himself as shown on panel who are we as comic fans to make his mind up for him? You certainly cant present that opinion as fact in a debate.

Heres a link to the thread where the IG versus LT issue was debated in full.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385520&perpage=20&highlight=spectre&pagenumber=1

With LTs comments his supporters had no choice but to concede. I will hear nothing different from you smile

STRANGE RESISTED the power of the LT twice, and actually gained the RESPECT of LT who is above all abstracts and is multiversal, now that atleast proves that he has shown more power than an IG{which he has ALSO resisted} even if he isnt as powerful as the tribunal he is sumwhere between him n the IG

Resisting someones power doesnt mean you are anywhere near the level of that person. Strange was defeated and admitted to LT being nothing to LT. With LTs standing against the IG conclusively in doubt as stated on panel your comments im afraid are void. Strange resisted the power of the IG with the aid of powerful artifacts, by his own admission he is not as powerful as SS or Thanos case closed.

n since i can think of no other being BETWEEN these two power levels{wanda with chaos wave, thanos w THOTU and pr retconeed beyonder are ABOVE thee power levels and are therefore not being stated} other than franklin richards, n franklin even though showing greater power than multiple universe has NOT positively shown INFINITELY MORE POWER{multiversal resistence etc} i can safely say that current dr strange is just below LT in terms of power n QUITE a level above galactus/celestials, normal abstracts, skyfathers etc. n the IG. its completely LOGICAL, n since strange has gotten this powerful uniformly n has the feats to back up greater power than abstracts and equal or greater power than the IG, it is NOT PIS.

Theres nothing on panel which states the chaos wave was generated by Wanda(making the notion just OPINION) as opposed to being the result of her actions, therefore your placing of her is unsupported opinion, useless in debate in other words.

Even if we were to take the opinion that the chaos wave was Wandas power, she never performed a multiversal feat. Her manipulations accidentally ripped a hole in reality as stated, allowing the energies to leak through into Otherworld. That is power seepage thats something very different and still strictly universal. To be multiversal she would have had to have consciously applied her reality warping power simultaneously across multiple realities. Thats not what happened, her amateur tamperings caused a rift in reality and the energies she had generated in 616 seeped through. Wanda is strictly universal im afraid. Even Demi had to accept that in the end. Know your stuff. wink

As for the Franklin Richards stuff, according to his bio hes never created multiple universe as per your claims. Pocket universes? yes Universes? no

If you'd like to point out where you got that idea from i'll gladly post scans within minutes. Its your call mate. Until then lets have silence on the matter.

I like how theres no mention of Phoenix in your hierarchy whatsoever. Still feeling bitter my friend? Multiple spankings do tend to have that effect. sad

theres ur answer, now stop ur vain efforts to try n mar my name, MATE!

Come on son, you seriously couldnt have thought you'd stand a chance against one of my calibre? confused

Youre dealing with JLA/KMC b*tch!!!! Know your place laughing out loud

Maestro
Quite odd, I didn't see the mention of Phoenix anywhere in this thread?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Maestro
Quite odd, I didn't see the mention of Phoenix anywhere in this thread?

If that is addressed at me then it is misplaced as i was referring to a part of Leons post which very much had something to do with Phoenix or at least should have done. Irrelevant post. yes

Maestro
If that is addressed at me then it is misplaced as i was referring to a part of Leons post which very much had something to do with Phoenix or at least should have done. Irrelevant post.

Its not misplaced, to be honest anything exempting Phoenixs power according to, in reference to Leons hierarchy is pretty offensive isn't it, even though its a matter of opinion, whether he includes phoenix or not doesn't really matter.
Though what you wrote about strange I would agree on.

GalacticStorm
Its not misplaced, to be honest anything exempting Phoenixs power according to, in reference to Leons hierarchy is pretty offensive isn't it, even though its a matter of opinion, whether he includes phoenix or not doesn't really matter.
Though what you wrote about strange I would agree on.

He presented a hierarchy of the top beings in Marvel and he intentionally left out Phoenix, a character who is very much related to the topic of marvels cosmology. The topic he and I admittedly went on a tangent on, but our business nonetheless. I commented on this and you butted in and and chose to ignore the fact that Leon referred to a number of characters unrelated to the topic and singled out my reference of Phoenix for your own reasons. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you were being both neutral and objective you wouldve mentioned said characters in addition to Phoenix, whilst saying none of them have anything to do with the thread. no

With that aside im glad you can see past Leons ramblings. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Must not... I...nvol...ve myself....... must think.....of.....J..L....A......KM........C......
"the struggle within tore at Sir Whirlysplats noble heart"

smile

Cosmic Flame
Magical training is very thorough. The allegation that artifacts are simply vessels for power requiring little knowledge or experience on the part of the user is preposterous. You're assuming that the artifacts themselves require nothing more than desire to use. It's not that simple. Magic and artifacts can not function, or even be deadly, to someone not adept in the magical arts.

Strange's astral form once inhabited Morgana Blessing during a fight, and he wasn't able to use the Eye in her body because she was too impure. How many times have people stumbled across artifacts and have been killed, enslaved, rendered totally useless, etc. Sure, magical artifacts possess immense power, but it means nothing in the hands of someone who doesn't know what to do with it. Compare Thanos tech in his hands to his tech in the hands of a five year old, or even a 500 year old. Yes, it's powerful in its own right, but that means little to one who cannot comprehend or use it.

Maestro
He presented a hierarchy of the top beings in Marvel and he intentionally left out Phoenix, a character who is very much related to the topic of marvels cosmology. The topic he and I admittedly went on a tangent on, but our business nonetheless. I commented on this and you butted in and and chose to ignore the fact that Leon referred to a number of characters unrelated to the topic and singled out my reference of Phoenix for your own reasons. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you were being both neutral and objective you wouldve mentioned said characters in addition to Phoenix, whilst saying none of them have anything to do with the thread. no

With that aside im glad you can see past Leons ramblings. smile

Im not biased towards Phoenix, I would put the entity near the top of the hierarchy, just not where you think it is. And yes Phoenix >Galactus, Celestials and Strange.

Sir Whirlysplat
Magical training is very thorough.

You know this how? Are you David Copperfield or Siegfried or Roy, even the lion?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Must not... I...nvol...ve myself....... must think.....of.....J..L....A......KM........C......
"the struggle within tore at Sir Whirlysplats noble heart"

smile

wink

GalacticStorm
Magical training is very thorough. The allegation that artifacts are simply vessels for power requiring little knowledge or experience on the part of the user is preposterous. You're assuming that the artifacts themselves require nothing more than desire to use. It's not that simple. Magic and artifacts can not function, or even be deadly, to someone not adept in the magical arts.

Strange's astral form once inhabited Morgana Blessing during a fight, and he wasn't able to use the Eye in her body because she was too impure. How many times have people stumbled across artifacts and have been killed, enslaved, rendered totally useless, etc. Sure, magical artifacts possess immense power, but it means nothing in the hands of someone who doesn't know what to do with it. Compare Thanos tech in his hands to his tech in the hands of a five year old, or even a 500 year old. Yes, it's powerful in its own right, but that means little to one who cannot comprehend or use it.

What does this have to do anything? confused

I made no allegations thats your interpratation of what ive said. Thats also your problem.

Strange has personal resources he can draw upon and he can tap into outside sources of power be it ambient energy or through invoking entities. In a similar way to some beings being able to generate their own energies whilst also tapping into outside sources. (Silver Surfer for example). Strange using artifacts (other than those he has as part of his standard equipment) and then performing a feat means said feats should not be used as a measure for Stranges power as it isnt the norm for the character. Its like Iron man with the KingThorBuster upgrades or Thanos with the IG. Should the feats performed with said aids be counted as inherent to the character and therefore counted as a feat they can perform as standard? no

GalacticStorm
Im not biased towards Phoenix, I would put the entity near the top of the hierarchy, just not where you think it is. And yes Phoenix >Galactus, Celestials and Strange.

Thats not the point of my previous post. I was highlighting how you called me out for something (which just happened to be Phoenix related wink ) whilst ignoring Leon doing the same thing. If youre going to try and play the adjudicator then a little neutrality would help smile

Maestro
Thats not the point of my previous post. I was highlighting how you called me out for something (which just happened to be Phoenix related wink ) whilst ignoring Leon doing the same thing. If youre going to try and play the adjudicator then a little neutrality would help smile

Its a matter of opinion if leon excluded phoenix out his hierarchy or not, its not my decision or yours to decide if he should include the entity or not, which obviously your not happy with hence your debate with him about the hierarchy. It was your decision to came to the thread to argue the case for phoenix not being there,even though leon wasn't even trying to refer to phoenix in one way or another, just giving levels of the marvel hierarchy. Hence, I said Quite odd, I didn't see the mention of Phoenix anywhere in this thread? because phoenix wasn't even relevant to the thread. On top of that your accusing me of being biased.

Lol

Cosmic Flame
What does this have to do anything? confused

I made no allegations thats your interpratation of what ive said. Thats also your problem.

Strange has personal resources he can draw upon and he can tap into outside sources of power be it ambient energy or through invoking entities. In a similar way to some beings being able to generate their own energies whilst also tapping into outside sources. (Silver Surfer for example). Strange using artifacts (other than those he has as part of his standard equipment) and then performing a feat means said feats should not be used as a measure for Stranges power as it isnt the norm for the character. Its like Iron man with the KingThorBuster upgrades or Thanos with the IG. Should the feats performed with said aids be counted as inherent to the character and therefore counted as a feat they can perform as standard? no

You have made allegations, or do you not understand that statements are allegations? What does this have to do with anything? Good question, considering you were the person to bring up the artifacts in the first place. I'd stated earlier that the only artifacts that factor into non-prep fights with Strange are his Eye and Cloak, which are always in his possession. You mentioned many of Strange's greatest feats are due to various artifacts. First of all, it's not true. Strange has bested the majority of his opponents (including the Beyonder and Dormammu on multiple occasions) with nothing more than his standard cadre of artifacts, because that's all he has on them. Second of all, this fight isn't about what's just standard. That's listed in the primary post of this thread:

Since "standard" Thor and Strange aren't bloodlusted, "standard" feats go out the window. And it doesn't really matter whether feats are standard or not because they happened. No holds barred. And if Strange decides to summon forth the Purple Gem or the Darkhold while in the heat of battle, so what? He's Sorceror Supreme: that's his prerogative. Does that make it less of a feat than if he did it with no artifacts? Not really, since artifacts are just vessels or conduits for magical energy. Maybe Agamotto placed restricitions on how his magic can be used: certain effects can be accomplished through spells, some through the Eye. It doesn't really matter, because it accomplishes what it needed to, plain and simple.

And I can't believe you of all people would argue on the basis of feats, considering the lack of them to generally support your ideas. Apply some of your criticisms of others arguments in this thread to your own and see how well they hold up.

GalacticStorm
Its a matter of opinion if leon excluded phoenix out his hierarchy or not, its not my decision or yours to decide if he should include the entity or not, which obviously your not happy with hence your debate with him about the hierarchy. It was your decision to came to the thread to argue the case for phoenix not being there,even though leon wasn't even trying to refer to phoenix in one way or another, just giving levels of the marvel hierarchy. Hence, I said Quite odd, I didn't see the mention of Phoenix anywhere in this thread? because phoenix wasn't even relevant to the thread. On top of that your accusing me of being biased.

Lol

Yes but i was debating with Leon about his hierarchy a hierarchy which featured characters which had nothing to do with the thread yet you chose not to mention that but instead singled out my reference to Phoenix. Want it odd that there was no reference by anyone els eprior to Leons post of Franklin Richards, or Scarlet Witch? confused Thats the crux of the matter. wink

Maestro
Yes but i was debating with Leon about his hierarchy a hierarchy which featured characters which had nothing to do with the thread yet you chose not to mention that but instead singled out my reference to Phoenix. Want it odd that there was no reference by anyone els eprior to Leons post of Franklin Richards, or Scarlet Witch? confused Thats the crux of the matter. wink

You do know Leon was referring to Franklin and Scarlett in the context of power levels in accordance to comparisents, which was relevant to how powerful strange was with his artifacts, which didn't include phoenix, because for some reason or another it was a character that he didn't include. You want me to emphasise anymore that im not being biased, i'll be happy to run around with a banner for you.

dots

h1a8
Originally posted by Acrosurge

false! Strange's powers is always flowing. He always has protection up. There is no way for Thor to hurt Strange offguard. Strange can instantly kill Thor by infinite ways. Such as turn him to stone, shrink him, control Thor's time and space. This thread is a no brainer for those who know what Strange can do. Heck, he even beat King Thor before!

GalacticStorm
You have made allegations, or do you not understand that statements are allegations? What does this have to do with anything? Good question, considering you were the person to bring up the artifacts in the first place. I'd stated earlier that the only artifacts that factor into non-prep fights with Strange are his Eye and Cloak, which are always in his possession. You mentioned many of Strange's greatest feats are due to various artifacts. First of all, it's not true. Strange has bested the majority of his opponents (including the Beyonder and Dormammu on multiple occasions) with nothing more than his standard cadre of artifacts, because that's all he has on them. Second of all, this fight isn't about what's just standard. That's listed in the primary post of this thread:

Stranges greatest feat imo is resisting the power of the IG. Take another read of my posts, while admittedly i was wrong to make such a broad statement, anyone with common sense should be able to see it was that event i was focusing on hence its prevalence in my previous posts.

My post was a reply to Leon and my question directed at you was regarding Leons hierarchy and his positioning of Strange within it. A position he was supporting via the IG and LT incidents. This fight might not just be about whats standard but when looking at the hierarchy Strange as standard is what counts. The discussion of the hierarchy was a tangent we went on and as such my comments regarding it should not be looked at in terms of the topic for this thread.

Since "standard" Thor and Strange aren't bloodlusted, "standard" feats go out the window. And it doesn't really matter whether feats are standard or not because they happened. No holds barred. And if Strange decides to summon forth the Purple Gem or the Darkhold while in the heat of battle, so what? He's Sorceror Supreme: that's his prerogative. Does that make it less of a feat than if he did it with no artifacts? Not really, since artifacts are just vessels or conduits for magical energy. Maybe Agamotto placed restricitions on how his magic can be used: certain effects can be accomplished through spells, some through the Eye. It doesn't really matter, because it accomplishes what it needed to, plain and simple.

There you go again waffling about Thor and Strange as per this thread. My first call in this thread was to deal with Leons positioning of Strange in the hierarchy and the reasons behind it, before explaining my take on the battle at hand. Youre applying the rules of this thread to the tangent we went on which cannot be done. no

With that in mind alot of your post is irrelevant to my contribution to this thread which itself is not directly on topic.

In terms of this thread alot of what youre saying is correct, in terms of Stranges positioning on the hierarchy that should be measured by the character as standard. Feats achieved with Strange employing artifacts beyond his standard equipment do not factor in when weighing up his position on the hierarchy. Stands to reason mate. yes

And I can't believe you of all people would argue on the basis of feats, considering the lack of them to generally support your ideas. Apply some of your criticisms of others arguments in this thread to your own and see how well they hold up.

Try me CF. smile

My current stance on all things Marvel are well supported both on panel and via bios. Any criticisms i direct at others are over issues i make sure i abide by with my own arguments If you beg to differ then youre more than welcome to take me to task. I await your attempt with baited breath. big grin

The Ion
Originally posted by h1a8
false! Strange's powers is always flowing. He always has protection up. There is no way for Thor to hurt Strange offguard. Strange can instantly kill Thor by infinite ways. Such as turn him to stone, shrink him, control Thor's time and space. This thread is a no brainer for those who know what Strange can do. Heck, he even beat King Thor before!
Didn't King Thor end up killing Strange along with Wolverine, Hulk, and Thing? Nullifying the Odinforce for a little while is a bit different than beating King Thor, especially considering Thor could have taken it off at anytime.

GalacticStorm
You do know Leon was referring to Franklin and Scarlett in the context of power levels in accordance to comparisents, which was relevant to how powerful strange was with his artifacts, which didn't include phoenix, because for some reason or another it was a character that he didn't include. You want me to emphasise anymore that im not being biased, i'll be happy to run around with a banner for you.

dots

You are speaking on matters which you are not clued up on. Leons post is in line with his previous hierarchies where he does the same thing intentionally out of spite.

Leons statement was """wielding multiversal power, he is probably second only to wanda with the chaos wave, THOTU and pre retconned beyonder. """

Forget the criteria for this thread, it was a non thread specific statement that i took issue with because it is ill supported on panel and i therefore responded in kind.

GalacticStorm
Forget this stuff anyway, its off topic. Lets get back on track.

demigawd
Wanda is strictly universal im afraid. Even Demi had to accept that in the end.

I'm sorry...what?

leonidas

speak in context. that required prep, AND he didn't really 'beat' him. people who know thor know strange doesn't say 'thor loses' and that's what happens . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by demigawd
I'm sorry...what?

Uh huh yes

leonidas
uh-oh . . .

doh

can anyone say jlakmc disassembled . . . sad

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
uh-oh . . .

doh

can anyone say jlakmc disassembled . . . sad

laughing out loud and after all my resstraint today sad

Everyone thought it would be you and Demi or me and GS who thought it would be GS and Demi. laughing out loud

leonidas
so many conflicts, who can choose just one!

GalacticStorm
laughing out loud and after all my resstraint today sad

Everyone thought it would be you and Demi or me and GS who thought it would be GS and Demi. laughing out loud

We can agree to disagree. It doesnt have to turn into a big thing unless he opens his mouth stick out tongue

demigawd
Uh huh yes

I accepted no such thing. Not even CLOSE. Oh what, you thought I wouldn't find that little remark, bich? stick out tongue

demigawd
We can agree to disagree. It doesnt have to turn into a big thing unless he opens his mouth stick out tongue

Consider it opened...and consider yourself lucky it would be off-topic. Don't make daddy angry...

Sir Whirlysplat
Consider it opened...and consider yourself lucky it would be off-topic. Don't make daddy angry...

Demi you and GS are worrying me, please don't make him start calling you daddy, it brings up pictures, nasty, sick, pictures. Please, Please stop this. rolling on floor laughing

GalacticStorm
I accepted no such thing. Not even CLOSE. Oh what, you thought I wouldn't find that little remark, bich? stick out tongue

Nope no I was counting on it mofo eek!

demigawd
Nope no I was counting on it mofo eek!

See, this is what happens when I go away for awhile. The underlings think they run the joint. I feel like Darkseid when he returned from the Source Wall to discover, of all people, Kalibak talking trash... wink

Sir Whirlysplat
See, this is what happens when I go away for awhile. The underlings think they run the joint. I feel like Darkseid when he returned from the Source Wall to discover, of all people, Kalibak talking trash... wink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

GalacticStorm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

My sentiments exactly wink

demigawd
I think you two both need to be punished for insolence. And I know just the person to do it...

http://www.samenna.com/photos/halloween03part/pictures/eva%20dominatrix%20close.jpg

Sir Whirlysplat
I think you two both need to be punished for insolence. And I know just the person to do it...

http://www.samenna.com/photos/halloween03part/pictures/eva%20dominatrix%20close.jpg

Is that you Demi? You're a freak laughing out loud

demigawd
Is that you Demi? You're a freak laughing out loud

No, but if it were, I'd still be sexier than GS... big grin

TheKahn

Well, I won't be eating lunch today sick

GalacticStorm
No, but if it were, I'd still be sexier than GS... big grin

Thats a ridiculous notion. Maybe at my base level but need i remind you of my line? laughing out loud

demigawd
Thats a ridiculous notion. Maybe at my base level but need i remnd you of my line? laughing out loud

Which one was that? The more you drink, the sexier you think you get?

GalacticStorm

Shut the Fack up lol laughing out loud

Cosmic Flame
Define prevalence. I see a few off-handed comments about the IG, including more about Thanos with the IG than those without.

First of all, I never said that I agreed or disagreed with a position of Strange in the hierarchy. I put forth no opinion at all except that feats must be counted because they are what happened. What we think should have happened is irrelevant.

So your position on the position of Phoenix is the Marvel cosmological hierarchy is based purely on a plethora of on-panel feats, not a few isolated incidents where a character shows more power than usual? Note I said feats, not discussions of the nature of a power, not conversations with the Phoenix Force, not references made to religious concepts that are unsubstantiated by actions. By the same reasoning, Jean Grey would rank near the middle or bottom of any hierarchy if she is " measured by the character as standard", not by greatest showings and lowest, or by what the character can achieve. All of her children would surpass her in that regard, yet for the longest you had no problem arguing her virtually sitting at the right hand of God. It seems you turn a blind eye when it suits you, but most here already knew that.

And you've obviously missed my point that artifacts can be repositories or conduits for power, and that depends on who created the artifact. Strange can command the Winds of Watoomb, and the Wand and Scroll of Watoomb are artifacts that channel Watoombs power. If Strange uses them in a fight, what's the big deal? The power still belongs to Watoomb, and Strange uses it. It certainly doesn't take anything away from his abilities or accomplishments. It might be different if every other issue there was a new artifact discovered to deal with this unknown, deadly foe, but the vast majority of what Strange uses has been around for years. The notion that he decides to use a particular talisman that he doesn't tote in his pocket all the time to combat a particular threat somehow moves him down the ladder is ludicrous.

GalacticStorm
Define prevalence. I see a few off-handed comments about the IG, including more about Thanos with the IG than those without.

First of all, I never said that I agreed or disagreed with a position of Strange in the hierarchy. I put forth no opinion at all except that feats must be counted because they are what happened. What we think should have happened is irrelevant.

So your position on the position of Phoenix is the Marvel cosmological hierarchy is based purely on a plethora of on-panel feats, not a few isolated incidents where a character shows more power than usual? Note I said feats, not discussions of the nature of a power, not conversations with the Phoenix Force, not references made to religious concepts that are unsubstantiated by actions. By the same reasoning, Jean Grey would rank near the middle or bottom of any hierarchy if she is " measured by the character as standard", not by greatest showings and lowest, or by what the character can achieve. All of her children would surpass her in that regard, yet for the longest you had no problem arguing her virtually sitting at the right hand of God. It seems you turn a blind eye when it suits you, but most here already knew that.

And you've obviously missed my point that artifacts can be repositories or conduits for power, and that depends on who created the artifact. Strange can command the Winds of Watoomb, and the Wand and Scroll of Watoomb are artifacts that channel Watoombs power. If Strange uses them in a fight, what's the big deal? The power still belongs to Watoomb, and Strange uses it. It certainly doesn't take anything away from his abilities or accomplishments. It might be different if every other issue there was a new artifact discovered to deal with this unknown, deadly foe, but the vast majority of what Strange uses has been around for years. The notion that he decides to use a particular talisman that he doesn't tote in his pocket all the time to combat a particular threat somehow moves him down the ladder is ludicrous.

I'll deal wiv this 2morrow. Its been a looong day. wink

Maestro

Lol

Cosmic Flame
I'll deal wiv this 2morrow. Its been a looong day. wink
No need to concern yourself, mate. We're back on topic, remember? wink

GalacticStorm
No need to concern yourself, mate. We're back on topic, remember? wink

Ohhhhh no not after what you just said laughing out loud

I cant be bothered right now but know that you have incurred my wrath wink

So come on 2morrow and prepare for war!!!

demigawd
I love it when GS is all, "I'll be back tomorrow", then returns an hour later...

You have nothing to do, do you? lol.

Cosmic Flame
Ohhhhh no not after what you just said laughing out loud

I cant be bothered right now but know that you have incurred my wrath wink

So come on 2morrow and prepare for war!!!
War? Why can't we just all get along?

If you want to pick this up again, can it be done in another thread so that this one really can get back to being on topic?

Speaking of which, I don't think anyone's posted a way that Thor would beat Strange. Ideas?

GalacticStorm
War? Why can't we just all get along?

If you want to pick this up again, can it be done in another thread so that this one really can get back to being on topic?

Speaking of which, I don't think anyone's posted a way that Thor would beat Strange. Ideas?

Well take back what you said or its on 2morrow!!! wink

demigawd

See?

GalacticStorm
I love it when GS is all, "I'll be back tomorrow", then returns an hour later...

You have nothing to do, do you? lol.

laughing out loud u fool. I said id reply 2 his looong post 2morrow when i can be bothered. I never said i was logging off till 2morrow. So SHHHH!! wink

demigawd
stick out tongue

leonidas
well . . .

thor has been shown to be able to absorb pretty much any sort of energy. standard bolts of bedevilment wouldn't do anything against him. strange's shields have been prone to tiring (as strange himself does) in the past, so continually hammering them would be a direct method to attack him.

lp is right in one regard -- thor may be susceptible to astral/or tp attack (he has had some poor showings in this area) but he's also had some very good ones and been able to fight off said influences. strange once used the eye to peer into thor's psyche and was shocked by the power of 'an immortal soul in torment' so i'd say it's not a given strange jumps in his head and take control. wherever strange zaps him, thor could come back from. as far as the bands -- a godblast may well tire strange out to the point where his concentration is hard to maintain (namor broke them while strange was not focused) -- again strange has been shown to be prone to being tired -- thor . . . not so much . . .

and no, strange is NOT beyond all rules, as lp (or quesada) says -- he DOES get beaten and he is NOT all powerful. and no he wouldn't turn him into a table! roll eyes (sarcastic)

and bloodlust thor could also be seen to be warrior mad thor, and strange appeared to be ineffectual against him -- along with almost everyone else below thanos. 100's of lightning bolts to keep his attention, overwhelming force and godforce blasts to tire him and his shields.

thor is more than capable of winning this fight, though strange would certainly be able to take a few as well.

DigiMark007
I was arguing the same stuff on page 1-2. So even though leo's technically the enemy now ( stick out tongue ) I can't argue with good debating.

So co-signed.

leonidas
ahhhh . . .

i still luv ya, ya big moderating lug, you . . . love

DigiMark007
confused

*walks away slowly*

wink

leonidas
naughty

TheKahn
naughty

Damn, it must get mightly lonely up in Canada.inlove
canadian

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
Damn, it must get mightly lonely up in Canada.inlove
canadian

maybe . . . shifty

or maybe it's all a trick to throw their leader off balance!!!!!!!!!!!!! JLAKMC ATTACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomcat velho

hold nothing back men!!!

rifle raygun

leonidas
i think we can safely say first blood goes to the JLA!!!!!!!!!!

flex
and there's a lot more where that came from!

furious

GalacticStorm

Oh ok CF. Its like that is it? mad

Its definitely on 2morrow. Make no mistake about that!! wink

demigawd
"I'll see you after school! In the playground! It's ON!"

GalacticStorm
"I'll see you after school! In the playground! It's ON!"

yes Thats the sh*t!!

h1a8
well . . .

thor has been shown to be able to absorb pretty much any sort of energy. standard bolts of bedevilment wouldn't do anything against him. strange's shields have been prone to tiring (as strange himself does) in the past, so continually hammering them would be a direct method to attack him.

lp is right in one regard -- thor may be susceptible to astral/or tp attack (he has had some poor showings in this area) but he's also had some very good ones and been able to fight off said influences. strange once used the eye to peer into thor's psyche and was shocked by the power of 'an immortal soul in torment' so i'd say it's not a given strange jumps in his head and take control. wherever strange zaps him, thor could come back from. as far as the bands -- a godblast may well tire strange out to the point where his concentration is hard to maintain (namor broke them while strange was not focused) -- again strange has been shown to be prone to being tired -- thor . . . not so much . . .

and no, strange is NOT beyond all rules, as lp (or quesada) says -- he DOES get beaten and he is NOT all powerful. and no he wouldn't turn him into a table! roll eyes (sarcastic)

and bloodlust thor could also be seen to be warrior mad thor, and strange appeared to be ineffectual against him -- along with almost everyone else below thanos. 100's of lightning bolts to keep his attention, overwhelming force and godforce blasts to tire him and his shields.

thor is more than capable of winning this fight, though strange would certainly be able to take a few as well.

silly man you don't know strange well enough.
he can change thor into stone, a frog, etc. (he has done things like this)
he can control time and space
he can utilize powers that are far greater than that of odin (such as cttyrok, infinity, etc.).
he can repossess Mjlonir (which he has done before) (also he can put new enchantments on it)
Strange wouldn't just strike Thor with energy blasts or just sit there and let thor hammer away.
Anyone who supports thor is either a fanboy or they don't know strange well enough.

Cosmic Cube
Bedevilment! laughing

demigawd
Anyone who supports thor is either a fanboy or they don't know strange well enough.

Or actually read their encounters and Strange's comments?

Cosmic Cube
Or actually read their encounters and Strange's comments?

Perhaps.

Mjolnir can absorb hella-magic, but going all out, I still gotta give this one to Strange.

demigawd
And hence is the innate problem with these messages boards. In every encounter, Thor has proven to be Strange's superior. Most Asgardians have proven to be Strange's superior. If you were to go into the comicbook world and ask Strange if he can beat Thor, Strange would look at you like you're crazy and say, "He's an Asgardian god...of course not".

BUT...

If you mix and match his various feats, taking his highest showings, disgarding his lowest showings, then you create this new Strange. A Strange with auto-shields up at all times, a Strange that, if knocked out, immediately returns via the Astral Plane, a Strange that can transmute anything, teleport anything anywhere, summon the power of the most potent beings in the multiverse, and if he fails, can just go back in time and try again until he succeeds.

In short, a Strange that doesn't really exist.

But you can't dispute any of it because he HAS done all of these things. Maybe 10 years apart in a one off battle that he's never done since, but he's done them, and it's therefore canon. And that makes a very beatable comic Strange a totally invincible KMC Strange.

Almost unfair, really. Because there will NEVER be a comic where Strange beats Thor, but there will NEVER a board battle where Thor beats Strange.

And that's a problem.

DigiMark007
Woot to demi. Even if he's in the JLA.

smile

Wally West
And hence is the innate problem with these messages boards. In every encounter, Thor has proven to be Strange's superior. Most Asgardians have proven to be Strange's superior. If you were to go into the comicbook world and ask Strange if he can beat Thor, Strange would look at you like you're crazy and say, "He's an Asgardian god...of course not".

BUT...

If you mix and match his various feats, taking his highest showings, disgarding his lowest showings, then you create this new Strange. A Strange with auto-shields up at all times, a Strange that, if knocked out, immediately returns via the Astral Plane, a Strange that can transmute anything, teleport anything anywhere, summon the power of the most potent beings in the multiverse, and if he fails, can just go back in time and try again until he succeeds.

But you can't dispute any of it because he HAS done all of these things. Maybe 10 years apart in a one off battle that he's never done since, but he's done them, and it's therefore canon. And that makes a very beatable comic Strange a totally invincible KMC Strange.

Almost unfair, really. Because there will NEVER be a comic where Strange beats Thor, but there will NEVER a board battle where Thor beats Strange.

And that's a problem. Good post. Some common sense needs to be applied when debating for/against Strange in a battle, people act like its impossible to even hit him which is of course nonsense.

leonidas
well . . .

+

BUT...

And that's a problem.

=

why the JLA rule this forum . . .

big grin

leonidas
+

=

why the JLA rule this forum . . . wink

well done, my JLA compatriot, another thraed dealt with . . .

big grin

GalacticStorm
+

=

why the JLA rule this forum . . .

big grin

yes eek!

leonidas
now if only all of use could learn to use EDIT instead of QUOTE!!!

laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>