Why is Johnathen still in the opening credits?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kal875
Why is he?

Jedi Priestess
Why Does John Schneider Remain In The Smallville Opening Credits?
After the airing of "Vengeance," some fans wondered why John Schneider remains in the opening credits of Smallville when his character was killed in the 100th episode.

Contractual obligations will keep John in the opening titles for the rest of the season, whether or not he is slated to appear on the show again. Usually, when an actor appears in more than half of the episodes of the season, they still appear in the opening - witness Erica Durance and John Glover, who usually only appear in 13 of the 22 episodes per year.

Kal875
ok thanks

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Why Does John Schneider Remain In The Smallville Opening Credits?
After the airing of "Vengeance," some fans wondered why John Schneider remains in the opening credits of Smallville when his character was killed in the 100th episode.

Contractual obligations will keep John in the opening titles for the rest of the season, whether or not he is slated to appear on the show again. Usually, when an actor appears in more than half of the episodes of the season, they still appear in the opening - witness Erica Durance and John Glover, who usually only appear in 13 of the 22 episodes per year.
I never realized their little screen time.

Who's John Glover?

is it comprehensible.....

Ast
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Who's John Glover?

blink

crazylozer
John Glover is Lex's father

NoFate007
Lol what's with the spoiler tag?

Bardock42
Originally posted by NoFate007
Lol what's with the spoiler tag?

A quite good joke in my opinion.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Bardock42
A quite good joke in my opinion.

As in mine.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by crazylozer
John Glover is Lex's father
i figured. He doesn't get as much screen time either.

Jedi Priestess
That'd be because the show is ultimately about Clark & the relationships closest to him.

powerfulone1987
Yeah, i know this.

Jedi Priestess
Yet you didnt know who John Glover was?

Did you just start watching this?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yet you didnt know who John Glover was?

Did you just start watching this?
what does, knowing that show is about clark and his close relationships have to do with knowing an actors real name?

No i didn't just start.

JKozzy
His name comes up in the beginning of every episode with video of his character, I knew who he was 2nd/3rd time I watched the show.. hard to miss..

powerfulone1987
yeah, doesn't mean I try and remember or pay attention to what their real names are each and evertime it comes up. Sometimes I'm looking at the picture, singing along to the theme song, or not looking all together.

Kal875
You should try and pay more attention then. If it's...comprehensible

powerfulone1987
Let's not make a big deal out of a simple harmless question people. If I'm not interested in an actors real name, oh well, that's me. Do you know every single actors real name in the whole wide world.

Rhetorical Question, because I already know the answer. Drop it.

JKozzy
Let's not make a big deal out of a simple harmless question people. If I'm not interested in an actors real name, oh well, that's me. Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Who's John Glover?

Except you were wink

powerfulone1987
You know what I mean. tongue_ss

Kal875
Let's not make a big deal out of a simple harmless question people. If I'm not interested in an actors real name, oh well, that's me. Do you know every single actors real name in the whole wide world.

Rhetorical Question, because I already know the answer. Drop it.

I'm just saying that if you know the words to the theme song you should know the actors

Tom Welling
Micheal Rosenbaum
Anette O'toole
John Glover
John Shnieder
Alison Mack
Kristin Kreuk
and my favorite of course,

ERICA DURANCE.

Yeah I might have spelt them wrong but I really dont care as long as I get Erica's right

powerfulone1987
Well, like I said, get off my back, I didn't know his name, b/c when the Opening comes on, I'm not always looking at the names every single time, so some stick and other don't, and as I'm not really interested in him as an actor/person/whatever, it didn't stick and so I wasn't familiar with who John Glover was when his name was mentioned. Now can we drop it. Thank you.

FistOfThe North
Well Jonathan's character is still mentioned alot to.

Kal875
Yeah and Lois is still really hot

FistOfThe North
Yeah and she's still my fiance, so back of bud..

Kal875
Your still trying to argue with me? She's mine, get used to it.

Whos_Pete
I knew who John Glover was and I don't sit there watching the opening credits all the time either.

Heh.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Kal875
Why is he? because he was still in the first several episodes of season 5

Jedi Priestess
Did you even bother to read past the 1st post? huh

Whos_Pete
I think Johnathon is still in the opening credits because the actor is hoping his smile lands him a new job in another TV series.

I personally say, get in the unemployment line, duke.

RoviJ
Why is Jhonathan in opening credits???

Coz it would cost WB to much to change the "SEASON'S" opening credits . . .

. . LOL . . you didn't expect them to leave him out because he was due to die . . . ????

Imagine Season 5 started and Johnathan WAS NOT in the opening credits because of his death . . . . NO, i dont think so . .

RoviJ
And who's to ssay he may not re-appear in some form or another!???

Smallville
He already has... in a home video. They may feature him in some way like that again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.