Silverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: ROUND 2, Fight 1- illadelph12 vs. Blair Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
Illadelph12
Vertigo- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertig...arvel_Comics%29

Living Monolith- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Monolith

Gamora- http://marvelite.prohosting.com/sur...les/gamora.html -

Karate Kid- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_Kid_%28comics%29

Blair Wind
Duplicate Boy- http://www.dragonhero.com/lsh/lallor/duplicate-boy.html

Powerhouse- http://www.marveldirectory.com/teams/powerpack.htm
this one states that the Gravity power as become a long ranged attack, and that he has a healing factor (read his siblings too)
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/misterhappiest/pakbios.html
talks about his suit and his high gravity punch
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/cszerog.html

Wendigo (Earth X)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Other_culture

Crystal- http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...s/c/crystal.htm

Standard 1 hour prep.

Location: Straight out of Aladdin yo. A big empty desert, complete with dunes and giant sand tiger head. No, you can't go into the Cave of Wonders and take the magic lamp. Other than that, feel free to kill each other. Seriously.

Scoobless
at least someone else got lumbered with the desert setting this time

big grin

EDIT: Yo Dizzle.... i take it you're sticking to the 5 duplicates max rule.... right?

Blair Wind
Im guessing he is, so dont worry about me doing an infinite loop....I'll post my strategy tomorrow, I have to leave right now.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Scoobless
EDIT: Yo Dizzle.... i take it you're sticking to the 5 duplicates max rule.... right?
Yeah... I'm REALLY glad I'm not the only one who remembered that.

illadelph12
Good luck B-Dub.

I really wasn't looking forward to fighting you, Khells, or Scoob in this thing. I find it hard to be cut-throat in a debate against friends. Even e-friends.

This is going to be interesting.

Blair Wind
Good luck to you as well. Im off to a valentines banquet my schools having so you can attack whenever you feel like it, I'll retaliate tomorrow.

DigiMark007
Pinned. And I can be a judge this week if you need me...

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
Good luck B-Dub.

I really wasn't looking forward to fighting you, Khells, or Scoob in this thing. I find it hard to be cut-throat in a debate against friends. Even e-friends.

This is going to be interesting.

The best way to keep it civil is to not personally insult each other, ie - don't call him an idiot even if you think his plan is idiotic (which it probably will be stick out tongue )

jk

laughing

Dizzle
Dammit, forgot to post it, the cap is 5 duplicates per character. (so with DB he can have a grand total of 10) And yes, everyone needs a desert setting eventually. Good for the mind, good for the soul. It even reduces your risk of heart cancer.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pinned. And I can be a judge this week if you need me...

omg I love your sig......its cute happy

illadelph12
After the close call in the first round, my team isn't taking any chances this time around.

In the hour of prep my team divises this plan:

Living Monolith is the most powerful member of my team, and one of the most powerful characters in this tournament as a whole. His shortcoming is his mobility, which we now have the means to remedy.

Karate Kid has 2 flight rings; one which he wears at all times, and another which he has stored in his utility belt as a back up (which was given to him by Brainiac 5 due to the fact that during KK's hand to hand exchanges he creates such wear and tear on the rings through his precision strikes that the ring's durability fails). KK and Gamora affix (weld) the Legion Flight ring to Living Monolith's armor and activate it, which negates gravity's effects on Monolith's mass, enabling him to fly.

Now, a flight ring is capable of achieveing interstellar flight speeds, but in order to do so the ring bearer must be wearing a flight suit to protect against the friction and sheer forces of mach and sub light speeds. Monolith's size and durability enable him to endure these stresses. During the prep hour Monolith hones his new found flight skills and by doing so I now have a heat and concussive force blast firing missile capable of achieving the maximum speed limits of the tournament. I'd never thought I'd say this, but Living Monolith can now speedblitz. And not only can he speedblitz, but with his mass and density going at such extreme speeds, he's now a near ultimate projectile. (Oh, and before it's brought up, Ahmet Abdel is a genius level intellect, an Egyptologist, and an inventor, and he has employed some very hi tech devices in his exploits. He's not going to have a hard time learning the intracacies of flight. If Sam Guthrie could, Ahmet can).

While Monolith is becoming a self guided heat blasting meteorite and drawing on as much cosmic energy as he can absorb in the time allotted to amp his powers, Gamora and KK are sparring and honing their martial arts skills. KK is teaching Gamora the finer points of Super Karate and any other discipline Gamora has not been exposed to in the MU during her era (KK is from the 30th century pre-crisis DCU). With Gamora's highly advanced level of skill and acumen in martial arts via extensive training from Thanos to be the ultimate living weapon, she should be able to adapt and utilize the training Val provides her quickly and efficiently. The main points of study will be ascertaining the weak points in objects and beings and achieving an elevated state of awareness, durability, and being through Super Karate.

Meanwhile, Vertigo has been acqainting herself with some weapons in Gamora's arsenal, particularly a pair of blaster pistols and a plasma rifle fresh from Thanos's armory (It pays to have Thanos's adopted daughter and top assassin on the payroll). Vertigo does have combat experience from her days working with Mr. Sinister as a member of the Marauders and in the Savage Land, so she should know her way around a gun, and she'll be working out any kinks in her aim during prep. It also helps that she can disorient her target before blasting with the rifle by using her powers.

KK, after sparring and training with Gamora, puts on his Legion Flight suit, taps his chi, and gets into full out Super Karate mode.

illadelph12
Then he throws a super kamehameha wave with a keiokin x10 enhancement and kills your whole team... big grin

(sorry, I've been drinking)

DarkCrawler
Just a question...doesn't interstellar flight speeds break the speed cap?

King_Mungi
Now, a flight ring is capable of achieveing interstellar flight speeds, but in order to do so the ring bearer must be wearing a flight suit to protect against the friction and sheer forces of mach and sub light speeds. Monolith's size and durability enable him to endure these stresses

Wouldn't that make him over the speed limit? Or do you have a rough idea with his durability just how fast could he go?

Scoobless
you two just asked the same question i was going to ask

big grin

leonidas
i think he means he is CAPABLE of said speeds, not that he would USE those speeds. actually, it was a good idea to give lm the ring. really helps him out. can gamora learn the 'weakness' power? in a comic i'd say yes, but i wonder -- since she's never shown it in a comic, is that kind of logical (because she certainly COULD learn it) extrapolation viable, or is it ONLY proveable feats that count? for that matter, is the situation much different from giving a ring to lm, who has also never been shown to have any flight abilities or flight tech?

on a totally seperate note -- has anything in comics ever sounded dumber than super karate????

oh, and ill, the jlakmc has had its eyes on you for some time now . . . shifty

DigiMark007
Originally posted by LethalFemme
omg I love your sig......its cute happy

Thanks. I love it too. big grin

And am I a judge, or just another voter this week? And if not, who are the judges?

newjak86
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanks. I love it too. big grin

And am I a judge, or just another voter this week? And if not, who are the judges? Good question who are the judges?
Because i would like to be one

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by leonidas
i think he means he is CAPABLE of said speeds, not that he would USE those speeds.

But lot of guys were banned because they were capable of the speeds like that. It's okay for me if he just stays with the speed limit, but just asking.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But lot of guys were banned because they were capable of the speeds like that. It's okay for me if he just stays with the speed limit, but just asking.

Ability to go over the speed (or other) caps was banned... otherwise everyone would pick Superman level characters and just say they were sticking within the rules

I know there was a lot of debate with Stormfront over Northstar/Aurora .... we can't bend the rules for one person and not another

Intersteller speed - thumb down

P.S... are you a mod DC? ... if not, what's up with the big-ass avatar?

illadelph12
I'm just using Mach 10, as I said in my previous post. Interstellar sub light speeds are banned, but the tournament limit is mach 10. Monolith is basically a 30 ft walking planetoid. It's perfectly legal.

Cold hearted, but legal.

I have a living guided missile on my team.

With heat blasts...

And class 100 strength...

And concussive force blasts...

King_Mungi
Well the problem is he is still capable of surpassing the speed limit, and that's why various other members were banned. So even though he limits himself to just going mach 10, he still can surpass it and didn't Dizzle frown on doing stuff like that?

Well if Dizzle or Silverspider say it's ok, then so be it.

illadelph12
I see your point Mungi, but Dizzle specifically said that power amping beyond the limits is illegal. Flight is not an inherrent ability of Monolith, and KK's flight ring gives Monolith the ability to fly, which I will limit to the tournament speed cap and not argue to surpass. That's perfectly legal.

Booster Gold, another flight ring utilizer, is also in this tournament (well, was), and was well within the caps. So long as I don't surpass mach 10 I'm fine, and within the Earth's atmosphere that's the best I could do anyway.

Scoobless
Ability to go over the speed (or other) caps was banned... otherwise everyone would pick Superman level characters and just say they were sticking within the rules

I know there was a lot of debate with Stormfront over Northstar/Aurora .... we can't bend the rules for one person and not another

Intersteller speed - thumb down

illadelph12
laughing

It's perfectly legal.

I'm not power amping beyond the speed cap, I've limited it to mach 10 to meet tournament regulations (like Nascar restrictor plates). It's within the atmosphere of a cellestial body anyway. The battlefield is on Earth, so I can't achieve sub light velocities, nor would I argue that point.

Is that fear I sense, Scoob...

leonidas
yes it is . . .

damn authority guys think they make all the rules . . . . shifty

DarkCrawler

P.S... are you a mod DC? ... if not, what's up with the big-ass avatar?

shifty

Nah, I just like big-ass avatars. Is it illegal?

Dizzle
Could a flight ring boost him past mach 10 within Earth's atmosphere?

illadelph12
I've never seen a ring bearer fly to a degree of excessive sublight speeds on a planet's surface, the sheer forces of a planet's atmosphere won't allow it. Mach speeds, however, are an exception. Booster Gold has flown cross continental very quickly, but the actual speed has never been quantified. I'm not going to argue that Monolith zips around at mach 70 or 99.9% light speed, I'm staying firmly at the established cap because as stated, the upper limits of flight ring speed within atmospheric conditions has never been quantified, but due to atmospheric limitations (and tournament rules), I, nor a character in the comics, normally exceeds Mach 10 within an atmosphere. I'd slag Monolith with the wind sheer and friction if I did so.

leonidas
so, what about the gamora learning karnak's trick?

illadelph12

Oh, you mean the size an item up and attack stress points technique? She already has that ability, actually. Thanos trained her on how to down just about any humanoid with a blow by striking pressure points, etc. KK's simply going to train her to be more proficient in this ability and extend this knowledge to inorganic materials as well. Plus, it's common knowledge that martial arts masters of such high degree and caliber pick up techniques in short spans of time. The stress point technique is a skill, not a power. Gamora should have no problem picking up this skill, she's arguably more adept in martial disciplines than Karnak and Mantis anyway. She's already highly skilled, and she's far stronger and more durable than KK, learning this skill simply opens up another avenue of attack for me.

Scoobless

Inside of one hour? zero chance of that happening

Dizzle
I've never seen a ring bearer fly to a degree of excessive sublight speeds on a planet's surface, the sheer forces of a planet's atmosphere won't allow it. Mach speeds, however, are an exception. Booster Gold has flown cross continental very quickly, but the actual speed has never been quantified. I'm not going to argue that Monolith zips around at mach 70 or 99.9% light speed, I'm staying firmly at the established cap because as stated, the upper limits of flight ring speed within atmospheric conditions has never been quantified, but due to atmospheric limitations (and tournament rules), I, nor a character in the comics, normally exceeds Mach 10 within an atmosphere. I'd slag Monolith with the wind sheer and friction if I did so.

I haven't seen it either. It seems like a viable tactic, but keep in mind that even with the ability to fly very fast, Monolith's reaction times are normal, so I still wouldn't technically call him a speedster just yet. Continue.

Blair Wind
Ok I have my own questions:

How is it that Vertigo gets weapons from thanos' armory? Shouldnt she only get the weapons Gamora has ON her at the given time, if she gives them to Vertigo?? How do they get weapons from the armory? confused

During my prep time however:

Learning from my last battle my team mutiplies to the max (5 DB Dupes and the Prime, and 5 Wendigo dupes and the Prime)

Crystal and Powerhouse realize that Radiocative mans and his durabilty where a challenge in the last battle and come up with different ways to deal with it evil face (Ill get to that later). I get my DB dupes to take the powers of 3 Powerhouses and 2 Crystals. The Crystals then create lighting strikes to hit the powerhouses charging them up.

The main powerhouse gives his suit up to DB Prime the weakest of my characters, letting him survive in space and has some protection.
The Crystals also take the sand from the desert and spread them around the Wendigos and harden it, creating spiky body armour, without decreasing mobility.

Also for my benifit: How does the Legion Rings work, because I have a comic scan showing them being able to be pulled in a tractor beam.

illadelph12
Gamora's weapons are from Thanos's armory. I guess I should have been specific.

The blasters and dagger (which was forged to kill The Magus persona of Adam Warlock) that Gamora wields were given to her by her dad, who happens to be Thanos.

Sorry about that B-Dub.

Blair Wind
So she has two blasters and a dagger?

what intensity are the blasters...well blasts?

are all weapons given to Vertigo?

illadelph12
Oh, and the ring creates an anti-gravity field around the bearer. It utilizes anti-gravity element number 152. It negates both celestial body generated gravitational fields and the vacuum of space enabling the wearer to traverse aerially by force of will in any environment.

Blair Wind
my first attack will be posted tomorrow, lifes getting a little complicated with my grandfather about to "go" so Illadelph your more than welcome to take the first non prep post.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So she has two blasters and a dagger?

what intensity are the blasters...well blasts?

are all weapons given to Vertigo?

She has 2 plasma rifles, a blaster pistol, and a specially made dagger.

I'm not sure what the payloads are on Thanos's armaments, but I'm assuming given his nihilistic demeanor and how powerful his army is that they pack quite a punch. I'm not sure if the specific intensity has been quantified in the comics.

illadelph12
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather man. How old is he?

Blair Wind
old, around 87 if Im thinking right. Damn mans a surviror, Navy (merchant marine) two types of cancers, open heart surgery, is living THREE YEARS over his life expectancy from the doctors (they gave him three months) two strokes (one just today) and hes still kicking and decent for a man in his condition.....

anyways only one more question, what does "specially" made dagger mean? cut through anything? really sharp? and any scans on what the blasts can actually do since just the fact there made by thanos to me seems like weapons that would make Ironman be put to shame....

illadelph12
He sounds like a strong man. Sorry he's passing B-Dub. It's always hard to deal with man. My condolences homie Though hes' not gone quite yet).

As for the blasters, I'll provide some scans ASAP.

illadelph12
Well, I'll post my battle strategy.

It's fairly simple, actually.

We're in a desert, so it's pretty much a wide open arena. Monolith and KK take point and advance on your team with flight. Being as all of the Wendigos are mentally linked and share pain receptors, Monolith's heat blasts will disable them fairly easily. Even if they scatter and face Gamora and Vertigo, a well placed nerve strike will down them and affect the collective, and Vertigo's .

As for Crystal, Dupe Boy, and Powerhouse, they don't collectively have enough firepower to take Monolith down. He's a cosmic energy sponge, and em based attacks will feed him more power to redirect into attacks. The anti-gravity field of the Flight Ring negates Powerhouse's gravity well manipulation on both Monolith and KK, the ring can function in intense gravity as well as zero gravity conditions through force of will of the bearer, so it's not really an issue. With KK in his Legion flight suit, he can fly faster than he could without protection, so both he and Monolith can speedblitz, but KK would use it more for maneuvurability and positioning than bulldozing like Monolith would. Monolith batters your squad with wave after wave of concussive force blasts and KK zips around opening can after can of Super Karate flavored Whoop Ass until it's over.

illadelph12
(continuation)

disorientation powers will make them vulnerable to attack.

Blair Wind
ok, thing is we are in the desert. That means LOTS of sand.

To begin with my Crystals start off with winds pushing forward, creating a very real much deadlier then normal sandstorm. The wind plus the tearing, burning and visibility blocking effect of the sand slow down your advance guard and take care of the ground troops buring them in sand.
Gamora gets ambushed by my Wendigos if she is still standing (doubtful, sand piles up loads in the desert), and slowed by a gravitational field.

Even with vertigo shouting, the winds being pushed towards you take care of her scream and if she does get to even take a shot before being buried in sand, the visibility given to her offers almost no chance of hitting anything.

Back to Monolith, since I cant directly take care of him through gravity, the sandstorm serves as a nice basis to do 2 things
1) Cover him in lots and lots of sand, in his mouth, nostrils, eyes, ears
2) Distract him completely.

What Powerhouse then does is concentrate with the Crystal assigned to him (since other members of my team are also fighting KK) on the sand around Monolith effectivly squeezing him to death with hardened sand being pushed together, then my Powerhouse flys straight at him at top speed, hitting him on his head knocking it off with a gravity powered superpunch.

KK is meanwhile fighting the only enemy that he cannot best: something non-physical. (And since DB knows KK, he knows not to face him in hand to hand combat and tells the others to hit him with long range attacks) The winds and sand are scratching at him, playing havok with his senses, and then random power bombs hit him from all around from my other powerhouses, lighting strikes him and oxygen snaps to flame in his face. With all these elemental attacks happening all his martial arts training will fail him, since one based soley on body can never hope to defeat the elements.

as to my DB prime? since the gaint tiger sand head is up, he snuck into the mouth and hides behind his lips (since going into his mouth, well he would have either gotten the damn lamp anyways and wished you away or not been worthy)

illadelph12
Interesting.

It's not going to work though.

Compressed sand is not going to damage Monolith, his mass, density, class 100 strength and consistency are to great for that to have any effect, and he is capable of surviving in the vacuum of space being sustained by cosmic energies for extended periods of time, so suffocation is not a worry. The sandstorm won't harm him, and with his mass and speed via the flight ring, he could bulldoze through the storm generated by Crystal and simply blast away at them or crush them under his mass (he's 30+ feet tall and weighs around 10 tons, and now he can travel at mach speeds). A sandstorm will not impede a 10 ton object travelling at mach speeds with it's own source of locomotion. Monolith will overwhelm them, easily, and crush them with his bare hands or blast them to death.

KK's wearing his Legion Issue Flight Suit (as I stated in my prep. Gotta love Brainiac 5), he has protection against the sands and heat (and radiation, the suits are designed to allow Legionnaires to fly though space without ill effects), and with his flight suit on, he can acheive mach levels of speed as well. It's only when he's unprotected that he's hindered to around 200 mph speeds by windsheer. He can advance on his advesaries and maneuver with ease, and he can dodge projectiles effortlessly.

The sandstorm will effect the Wendigo's as well as Gamora and Vertigo. We're in a desert, there's no cover. A sandstorm of the degree you are speaking of would help me. Gamora is agile and durable enough to handle herself in these conditions, Vertigo isn't, but it's really of no consequence, Wendigo can eat her with fava beans and a nice Cianti and your team is still outmatched. KK and Gamora do not need to see in order to attack, they both have super keen senses through training, and Gamora to a higher degree through Thanos's augmentations of her physical attributes. KK can hear sounds as faint as a heartbeat from a kilometer away, tracking 6 growling and mindless beasts in zero visibilty conditions in a very close proximity is not going to be an issue. In the cover of the sandstorm you've created he can pick off the Wendigo's easily with nerve strikes and they'll never see him coming. Couple that with the fact that all of the Wendigo's share pain receptors though a psionic link (as do your Duplicate Boys) and KK or Gamora could incapacitate the entire group of them with a well placed strike to a nerve cluster on any single member of the Wendigo collective and incapacitate the entire group.

Also, your team doens't have a way of defeating Monolith. Fire, Lightning, gravity wells, sandstorms, etc won't effect him, and if a Duplicate Boy is foolish enough to think of dropping Powerhouse's or Crystal's abilities to copy Monolith, in so doing he'd become base level Ahmet, and without being augmented by Havok or having any machinery on the battlefield to obtain Monolith levels of cosmic power, they'd basically be regular humans and easy marks.

I have you in a very deep tactical hole, B-Dub.

Blair Wind
Eh living life.....Now Im the one with a fever......

Now Ive been reading on Monolith and from the bios Ive read it said unless he was with cosmicly powered individuals, he couldnt get to Monolith levels, and that the only reason he got that big when Havok attacked him is because Sinister and Apoc changed his DNA to read like Havoks.....

anyways the problem with your theories are these:

1) The sand storm would not effect my team, the Crystals make sure of them, having the winds go in foward and radiating out to encompass all but my team.

2) I dont care how much training KK and Gamora have, the sand in their nostrils, ears, eyes if they foolishly open them, you get my picture, will disorient them and burn at them. Their training might make them be good trackers, but within a sandstorm? I doubt it very highly

3) Lighting gets as hot as the surface of the sun right? How does KK deal with that type of heat?

4) While Monolith may be big, sand crushing him might not do the trick, but thats what a super fast, super strong gravity punch is for

5) Also while both LM and KK have anti gravity fields, they should have to contentrate harder to fly in any of my gravity fields, enough at least to attack them, and Gamora would be slow as hell.

6) How does Monolith get that fast and have reaction speed to match in just an hour??

7) Any "blasts" done by Monolith that hit the Powerhouses, makes my team more powerful

8) If you want heat, then I bring out the big guns....Pop Question: what made Aladdin fly on the carpet out of the cave like a bat outa hell?!?

LOTS AND LOTS of lava which has earth properties and Crystal takes out and burns the lot of you with it.

9) I also have the advantage, because my DB's know KK, and while his weakness is easily exploitable by my team (long range, almost omnidirectional attacks, meant to hurt, disorient, burn , and kill him)

10) All in all, the only threat is Monlith and he gets taken care of, the rest of your team, while adept in a LOT of different things, are not suitable to beat my short and long range assualt team.

illadelph12
Nice.

But:

1) As I said previously, KK's wearing his flight suit, he has protection.

2) Monolith doesn't need superhuman reflexes to charge at full speed. I'm not trying to engage in mach speed martial arts like Monolith is Goku or somethin, he's a living guided missile. All he as to do is bumrush. No one on your team is exactly Spiderman either, and given his size, it's going to be hard for anyone on your team to dodge a 30 foot long by 15 foot wide object travelling at mach speeds. I, on the other hand, have KK and Gamora, both of which are in the upper echelon of agility, reflexes, and reaction speed.

3) Spouting out Lava all over the battlefield isn't exactly a good idea. More of your teammates are grounded than mine. All I have to do is have KK scoop up Gamora and all your Wendigos, Dupe Prime, and all your extra Crystals and Powerhouse's die along with Vertigo. Then you're down to Crystal and Powerhouse versus Monolith, KK, and Gamora, and get your ass seriously whooped.

Actually, do that. Spout Lava all over the battlefield. We both know how Wendigo's react to extreme heat. Make it a 3 on 2 match for me.

4) Your gravity fields are of no consequence. The flight rings negate gravitational fields and allow the bearer to propel themselves through the air by force of will on different planets with varying degrees of gravity and through space in a vacuum.

5) As I said in the draft thread, I drafted Living Monolith, not Living Pharoah. There are 4 stages of Ahmet Abdol:

A)There's the Living Pharaoh, pre-cosmic energy exposure from Havok, who has a cult.

B)There's the Living Monolith (30 feet tall, weighs 10-15 tons, can take optic blasts to the chin like it's nothing, trades blasts with Thor, tosses around boats) .

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm56pg103iz.jpg

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm56pg113or.jpg

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm56pg127fa.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelteamup070023kc.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelteamup070042eg.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelteamup070051qe.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelteamup070060wn.jpg

C)There's the pre Living Planet stage of Living Monolith (50+ feet tall, weighs 100+ tons, cosmic glow, eventually unable to bear his own mass or stand up).

D) The Living Planet stage When Thor transported him into space in the last stage and he completed his transformation into a full on living planet.

I'm using stage 2 Living Monolith, as I stated in the draft thread. Without Havok or a Machine on the battlefield, I'm not able to boost to living planet or 50 foot indestructible cosmic glow stages.

6) Dupe Boy knows KK, and he also know KK would kick his ass in a fight. Ranged attacks aren't a problem, KK's extremely agile and his combat awareness is of the highest caliber. He's dealt with speed blitzing Daxamites and rapid fire heat vision blasts at close range, he's dodged blast of heat vision ripping through space ships and he couldn't even see the origin point of the blast, a long range blast he can see and sense coming is no problem. Hell, he's deflected objects travelling at light speed with his fist.

7) Once D-Prime or Wendigo Prime are down (which they will be, because collectively your team can't handle Living Monolith with flight abilities solo), how exactly can you win?

Scoobless
7) Any "blasts" done by Monolith that hit the Powerhouses, makes my team more powerful

how?

Scoobless
5) As I said in the draft thread, I drafted Living Monolith, not Living Pharoah. There are 4 stages of Ahmet Abdol:

A)There's the Living Pharaoh, pre-cosmic energy exposure from Havok, who has a cult.

B)There's the Living Monolith (30 feet tall, weighs 10-15 tons, can take optic blasts to the chin like it's nothing, trades blasts with Thor, tosses around boats) .

you know that the Thing is the strength limit and you're showing scans that say Monolith is stronger than Thor.... confused

Khellendros

...You should reeeaaally be careful there, you've got Thor being smacked aside and then comparing Monolith to the Destroyer and Thanos.

illadelph12
You know what, I just noticed something. Monolith can fly on his own. It's there in the scan...

Hmm...

illadelph12
I'm not worried. Thor flew up and got swatted by a Giant. Monolith is a class 100, he's simply a lot bigger than your average class 100. Thor even said "Bid's fair to rival that of the dreaded Destroyer, and mayhap Thanos", as in he could increase and surpass either of them ('Bid's fair'). Thor even said he underestimated Monolith, and as he normally does, he charged in head first.

If Monolith was 7 feet tall it wouldn't be a problem.

At 30 feet, it's like Thor being hit by a wall.

There's no mass cap.

Blair Wind
Nice.

But:

1) As I said previously, KK's wearing his flight suit, he has protection.
But its still gonna disorient him, and the rest of the team kicks his ass

2) Monolith doesn't need superhuman reflexes to charge at full speed. I'm not trying to engage in mach speed martial arts like Monolith is Goku or somethin, he's a living guided missile. All he as to do is bumrush. No one on your team is exactly Spiderman either, and given his size, it's going to be hard for anyone on your team to dodge a 30 foot long by 15 foot wide object travelling at mach speeds. I, on the other hand, have KK and Gamora, both of which are in the upper echelon of agility, reflexes, and reaction speed.

So he's like a missle that never turns? Thats easy to dodge, something that big would not be able to move as fast as Crystal (reaction speed) or Powerhouse who can just use "bursts" of there respective flight pattern, and while the Sand may not stop him, it leaves him open to attacl

3) Spouting out Lava all over the battlefield isn't exactly a good idea. More of your teammates are grounded than mine. All I have to do is have KK scoop up Gamora and all your Wendigos, Dupe Prime, and all your extra Crystals and Powerhouse's die along with Vertigo. Then you're down to Crystal and Powerhouse versus Monolith, KK, and Gamora, and get your ass seriously whooped.

Actually, do that. Spout Lava all over the battlefield. We both know how Wendigo's react to extreme heat. Make it a 3 on 2 match for me.

who said it had to be spread out? Crystal can control it the same she controls earth and can just sent it your way. And if you let your team get picked up, they slow down and I spray ALL of you with it

4) Your gravity fields are of no consequence. The flight rings negate gravitational fields and allow the bearer to propel themselves through the air by force of will on different planets with varying degrees of gravity and through space in a vacuum.

by a force of a will, they have to adjust their will forcing them to adjust to the heavier gravity. Plus if they can protect against heat, why is it that I have a comic that states that Brainiac is protecting everyone from entering the planet, protecting them from the heat

6) Dupe Boy knows KK, and he also know KK would kick his ass in a fight. Ranged attacks aren't a problem, KK's extremely agile and his combat awareness is of the highest caliber. He's dealt with speed blitzing Daxamites and rapid fire heat vision blasts at close range, he's dodged blast of heat vision ripping through space ships and he couldn't even see the origin point of the blast, a long range blast he can see and sense coming is no problem. Hell, he's deflected objects travelling at light speed with his fist.

Fighting against winds with LOTS of sand is different then a spray of heat vision, the smal particles will hit him, how is he dogding that again? The Daxamites, (the scan you should) was a physcical being going at him, winds and lava are too different things

7) Once D-Prime or Wendigo Prime are down (which they will be, because collectively your team can't handle Living Monolith with flight abilities solo), how exactly can you win?

see my past strategies, collectively Crystal (lava, compressed sand) and Powerhouse pulling a gravity punch. After that, the rest of your team is easy picking with long range attacks, and the visibility makes it hard for you team to fight back. Gamora and Vertigo cannot dodge what they cannot beat, and KK would go down with a combination of power ball blasts, lighting, lava, sand in all his pores and openings.

to scoob, if his blasts is anything like Cyclops in concussive blasts, Powerhouse can absorb it a la Bishop style and redirect it out as power balls

Blair Wind
I'm not worried. Thor flew up and got swatted by a Giant. Monolith is a class 100, he's simply a lot bigger than your average class 100. Thor even said "Bid's fair to rival that of the dreaded Destroyer, and mayhap Thanos", as in he could increase and surpass either of them ('Bid's fair'). Thor even said he underestimated Monolith, and as he normally does, he charged in head first.

There's no mass cap.

yea there was confused , no smaller than ant man, and no bigger than gaintman....I swear I read that somewhere

illadelph12
yea there was confused , no smaller than ant man, and no bigger than gaintman....I swear I read that somewhere

Word?

Then no worries. Giant Man could grow to 100 feet and class 50.

Monolith is 30 feet and class 100.

It's all good.

Blair Wind
your guys to damn big to be effective, he comes at me and my smaller more mobile team moves and attacks him long range, sand will distract him, and lava will burn him. Oxygen popping into fire on everyones face also distracts them and lets me attack all your team and win.

and Im gonna ask Dizzle, cuz i know for sure about the antman size and im pretty sure about gaintman but I could be wrong......Still, I think that the bigger he gets the stronger he gets and if he can hit Thor and get compared to Thanos he MIGHT just be tooooo strong.....

illadelph12
I'm not worried about it. He's a class 100, he just happens to be a stone giant. Thor flew in not knowing what he was getting himself into and a 30 foot tall, 10 ton stone giant swatted away a 6' 6", 640 lb flying blonde with a hammer. The rest is hyperbole. It's like me saying my ex-girlfriend punches like Mike Tyson or George Foreman because I wasn't expecting it to be so powerful.

As for the size limitation, I never read of one in any of the tournament threads, and if Giant Man is the max, Monolith fits because he's only 30' tall and G-Man can reach 100' tall.

Dizzle
Hehehe, mass cap... Eventually, we'll get this perfect. laughing out loud

The strength cap refers to a straight bench press. Living Monolith's advantage when hitting people is that he builds up a massive amount of force because his arms are so big. He can't necessarily lift as much, but he is HUGE. Until I see him lifting something beyond the caps, he stays, and we chalk up big punches to inertia.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Cave of Wonders got flooded by molten gold, not lava. Just something to ponder.

grey fox

There's no mass cap.

See now thats why i wanted ymir or optimus . A gigantic mofo has the so much potential for ass kicking.....

Blair Wind
I'm not worried about it. He's a class 100, he just happens to be a stone giant. Thor flew in not knowing what he was getting himself into and a 30 foot tall, 10 ton stone giant swatted away a 6' 6", 640 lb flying blonde with a hammer.

I cant believe I missed this.... Happy Dance

You say he's made of stone, he is your biggest threat to me, and now he becomes my greatest asset.

I can take control of him and use him to abolish your team. Happy Dance

illadelph12
LOL

Uh, no.

Crystal can't control his body. His power over his own body is far superior to Crystal's control over earth for one thing, and for another, he's organic granite in the same way Thing is rock. He's not a stone statue, his hide is simply extremely dense.

By your logic Crystal would own someone like Ego because he consists of elements she can manipulate.

In a word: No thumb down

You're team is crushed.

Blair Wind
by my logic, no Ego is too big (thats that planetiod right?) her control is however more than the prescribed 30 feet your Monolith is.

and how can you say Crystals control over the earth is less powerful than monoliths control over his own body??

and even IF hes not made of stone, my team will still win with the tactics already posted

Scoobless
I'm not worried about it. He's a class 100, he just happens to be a stone giant. Thor flew in not knowing what he was getting himself into and a 30 foot tall, 10 ton stone giant swatted away a 6' 6", 640 lb flying blonde with a hammer. The rest is hyperbole. It's like me saying my ex-girlfriend punches like Mike Tyson or George Foreman because I wasn't expecting it to be so powerful.

As for the size limitation, I never read of one in any of the tournament threads, and if Giant Man is the max, Monolith fits because he's only 30' tall and G-Man can reach 100' tall.

yeah.... but when Thor smacks him in the face he doesn't even seem to be bothered

illadelph12
by my logic, no Ego is too big (thats that planetiod right?) her control is however more than the prescribed 30 feet your Monolith is.

and how can you say Crystals control over the earth is less powerful than monoliths control over his own body??

and even IF hes not made of stone, my team will still win with the tactics already posted

Sandstorms, compressed sand, and Zero G punches????

No B-Dub.

That's not going to down my team.

Your Wendigo's still need to advance on me to attack, which means they will enter the sandstorm your team is creating. Under the cover of the sandstorm KK will own the Wendigos like nobody's business: he can fly at mach speeds in his Legion Flight suit and all of the Wendigo's (and Dupe Boys) are psionically linked by their pain receptors. KK can hit any member of the collective with a debilitating nerve strike and it effects the entire group, and if Wendigo Prime is killed or mortally wounded, all the Wendigo's dissapear.

Same goes for your Duplicate boy clones. The other Duplicate Boys may have Crystal and Powerhouses powers, but DB prime is basically a normal human and can be killed easily. He has no protection whatsoever. At least Multiple Man has his curse, DB Prime is pretty much powerless.

After I down them, it becomes a 4 on 2, and my 1 (Monolith) could take your whole 14 max (6 Wendigos, 6 Dupes, Crystal, and Powerhouse) by himself.

You don't have enough firepower, you don't have enough versatilty, and you definitely don't have enough skill on your team to win.

illadelph12
yeah.... but when Thor smacks him in the face he doesn't even seem to be bothered

That's the same scan from before.

Thor flew up and whacked Living Monolith upside the head, Monolith back handed the lil gnat away.

Monolith is like 15-20 times bigger than Thor at the least, and Mjolnir is not a gigantic 1000 ton hammer. Hitting someone human size with a hammer is way different then hitting someone King Kong+ size with a hammer. No where did it say "The Thunder God, with all of the might of Asgard, strikes true with the mighty Mjolnir, with an Earth shattering force that wakes the Dead Gods of yon early creation", all it shows is Thor flying up and hitting Monolith, not knowing what he was dealing with, getting backhanded like a lil b*tch by a 30' giant, and then saying he underestimated Monolith because as he usually does, he rushed in head long and didn't assess the situation.

Blair Wind
You really think that the sand will have no effect on KK? pffffffft he is still just a man, hes not god, he may have advanced training and supersenses, but the sand WILL through him off. Molten rock burns at all your characters. Did I say the Wendigos would go into the sandstorm? uh huh, I can lead them with winds having the smell of your team, around the sand storm, going behind you and attacking from behind. Gamora and Vertigo are of no consquence, the sands bury them and the Wendigos eat the body parts that MIGHT stickout.

KK and Monolith get sand, oxygen snapping in their faces (making them see lights) power blasts, molten rock, and zero g punches for Monolith. Yes those tactics will win me the day

outarddwarf
does the legion flight suit protect him from the sand because thats what it sounds like Illadelph12 is saying but Blair is acting like it doesn't protect KK from the sand barrage, so which is it?

illadelph12
The flight suit protects against the friction of flying at interstellar speeds in space.

I think it can handle a sandstorm.

Scoobless
That's the same scan from before.

Thor flew up and whacked Living Monolith upside the head, Monolith back handed the lil gnat away.

Monolith is like 15-20 times bigger than Thor at the least, and Mjolnir is not a gigantic 1000 ton hammer. Hitting someone human size with a hammer is way different then hitting someone King Kong+ size with a hammer. No where did it say "The Thunder God, with all of the might of Asgard, strikes true with the mighty Mjolnir, with an Earth shattering force that wakes the Dead Gods of yon early creation", all it shows is Thor flying up and hitting Monolith, not knowing what he was dealing with, getting backhanded like a lil b*tch by a 30' giant, and then saying he underestimated Monolith because as he usually does, he rushed in head long and didn't assess the situation.

My point was Monolith's durability, not his strength

If Thor punched Thing in the face he would most definitely feel it...... not just act like a fly had landed on him

illadelph12
laughing

A sandstorm isn't going to do ANYTHING to Monolith, B-Dub. He's too big, and he doesn't need to breathe for extended periods of time. Besides, it will only take him seconds to bumrush your team and crush them, and you really don't want to go blast for blast with me, especially considering that a majority of your team has normal human durability and 12 members of your team share a psionic link of their pain receptors.

Monolith could just go solo and kill your whole team.

illadelph12
My point was Monolith's durability, not his strength

If Thor punched Thing in the face he would most definitely feel it...... not just act like a fly had landed on him

Thing's got plenty pf durability. He did survive a severe beat down from Champion and tried to get up for more, after all. One whack from Thor, and not nearly a full power whack, pales in comparison.

illadelph12
Also, you don't have multiple Powerhouses. Alex has the ability to swap powers with his siblings at will, not embody them all at the same time. The other siblings aren't around, so at best, he'd be able to switch to and use one at a time, and Dupe Boy would be copying Alex's base powers, and not be able have the powers of his siblings unless Alex was using it at the time because they are not on the battlefield and Dupe Boy has no knowledge of their powers.

Blair Wind
laughing and no, Alex had all of their powers in his New Warriors run, he was the only one would could take all the powers. The sandstorm for KK is not about hurting him, but disorienting him and then hitting him with molten rock, lightning (lightning gets as hot as the surface of the sun right??)

The sandstorm for Monolith COVERS him in sand, and the combined efforts of Powerhouse and Crystal compress him, then pour molten rock all over him.....

Blair Wind
Thing's got plenty pf durability. He did survive a severe beat down from Champion and tried to get up for more, after all. One whack from Thor, and not nearly a full power whack, pales in comparison.

One wack from thor however and Thing would be flying.

illadelph12
Monolith is a class 100 10 ton giant, Crystal and Alex are not overpowering him in any way shape or form, especially not "covering him in sand". (?????)

Monolith is not going to stand still and allow himself to become a giant sand castle. Especially not by two weaklings that couldn't harm him in any way.

Also, how in the hell are Crystal and Alex going to protect themselves from Monolith? There offense is of no effect, and Monolith could crush them in his bare hands like he was going to crush Angel or SPIDERMAN (who is more agile than either of them) in the scan, or just crush them under his mass. Monolith could just go human battering ram and fly around doing the booty drop all over the battle field and crush every member of your team who have no defense against him.

As a matter of fact, yeah:

Monolith flies around and heat blasts and sits on every member of your team because they can't do nothing to him and he weighs 10 tons and can travel at mach speeds.

A little maneuver I like to call:

Operation: Sandy Ass Cheeks. thumb down

illadelph12
One wack from thor however and Thing would be flying.

Thing's not 30 feet tall and doesn't weigh 10+ tons.

There's no mass cap.

illadelph12
Operation: Sandy Ass Cheeks = victory.

Blair Wind
Powerhouse goes at mach speeds and has more mobility that your monolith.

Its not about waiting to cover him, 30 feet is not tall enough to say he cant be covered rather quickly by a more mobile team, with sand disorienting him and squizing him, goining into his nose, ears, mouth...you get the picture

and then being burned by a sheild of molten rock, and then being covered in it. In fact I use that with my sandstorm burning at you while your visibilty is zero

Monolith blasts, Powerhouses intercept and just get more powerful.

Think of it this way, I have humans with bombs compared to you tank, I place bombs on tanks and thanks to my mobility get the hell out of there....

translates into: Sand disorients the big guy, molten rock burns him, and my team is much more mobile your monolith

illadelph12
Powerhouse goes at mach speeds and had more mobility that your monolith.

Its not about waiting to cover him, 30 feet is not tall enough to say he cant be covered rather quickly by a more mobile team, with sand disorienting him and squizing him, goining into his nose, ears, mouth...you get the picture

and then being burned by a sheild of molten rock, and then being covered in it.

Monolith blasts, Powerhouses intercept and just get more powerful.

Think of it this way, I have humans with bombs compared to you tank, I place bombs on tanks and thanks to my mobility get the hell out of there....

translates into: Sand disorients the big guy, molten rock burns him, and my team is much more mobile than yours.

Look, B-Dub, Powerhouse is by no means more durable than Monolith. He can take an energy blast, and he can erect a force field, but Monolith could physically crush him at will. Alex can't down Monolith, and unless he's going to just evade for the rest of the fight and allow his team to die, he doesn't really have much choice in the matter. You're not going to cover him in molten rock, he can move, he's not a stationary target, he can travel at mach speeds and simply bulldoze Crystal, and if you're spouting lava all over the place you could take out your own teammates in the process. thumb down

KK could always just beat the living shit out of Alex after Dupe Boy Prime and Wendigo Prime are dead. All of Alex's firepower will serve him no good against KK, he can just dodge and close the distance and then beat him down like he stole KK's rent check.

http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lsh111147fy.jpg

^ Dodging rapid fire heat vision at close range from Mon El trumps your attemps at blasting KK with Alex.

Alex is gonna get done like Jim Kelly in Enter the Dragon.

"Man, you come straight out of a comic book". thumb down

illadelph12
And my 'tank' can move at mach speeds and your bombs aren't explosive enough to damage the hull.

No one on your team is more maneuvarable or faster than KK, and he can beat any member of your team down with his bare hands.

Blair Wind
Heat beams are different then sand particles going everywhere, molten rock being thrown into the mix with some lightning and power bombs.

The molten rock shield would be up to protect the Crystals from getting bumrushed, and if KK or Monolith fly into it they will both burn to death.

Alot of my attacks are just to disorient you: sand and winds, the molten rock burns you, lighting takes out KK with the molten rock and power bombs

illadelph12
laughing

So Crystal is going to sit inside of a shield of lava?

Fine.

Given that Wendigo and Dupe Boy are dealt with, Monolith can just unleash full tilt on Crystal with concussive force blasts and batter her into submission (and death) while KK plays Crouching Tiger, Hidden Mutant with Alex. Besides, she has to breathe, she can't just stand in the center of a ball of lava (which is burning away her oxygen supply) forever.

I've got the staying power and firepower.

illadelph12

Heat beams are different then sand particles going everywhere, molten rock being thrown into the mix with some lightning and power bombs.

The molten rock shield would be up to protect the Crystals from getting bumrushed, and if KK or Monolith fly into it they will both burn to death.

Alot of my attacks are just to disorient you: sand and winds, the molten rock burns you, lighting takes out KK with the molten rock and power bombs

How is Crystal going to be pinpoint accurate with lightning against a character with mach level speed from behind a wall of hot lava in a sandstorm???????

Blair Wind
nah uh, its not a ball of lava, its a sheild, like a wave. Comes up when a character comes at her. Monolith with his size would bumrush us and be easy to see, lava spring (wave comes up) and hes burned to death. Lava and Sand hit KK while the sand lightning and power bombs distract him (especially the sand, its so small and just everywhere

doesnt have to be pinpoint, just enough to make him nervous, its the lava being spread out thats gonna get him....and whoever ever killed DB and Wendigo? Your gonna be too busy with the rest of my team to even get to DB, and my long range attacks are murding your guys

King KAM
BW wins...

Blair Wind
I got a question:

Monolith is just a big cosmic sponge right? thats what gives him his powers? he can absorb that energy from anywhere?

Blair Wind
according to this, monolith has always used some kind of device or someone with cosmic powers, so what device did you use to get to that level?

http://www.nategrey.freeservers.com/Monolith.htm

illadelph12
Living Monolith is the transformed form of Living Pharoah (Ahmet Abdol). When he transforms he becomes a 30' organic granite giant. I posted the scan. He states (and I quote) "Yes, I was indeed he who was called the Pharoah, but now-- I am more-- much more_ Now I am he who shall restore the glory that was_ Now am I The Living Monolith".

Monolith is to Pharoah what Gray or Professor Hulk are to Bruce Banner.

I drafted the transformation form of Monolith just like you took the composite form of Alex.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
shifty

Nah, I just like big-ass avatars. Is it illegal?

Random older members have large sigs like the mods. Some sort of grandfather clause if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong though, but DC's not the only non-mod with a large avy.

Blair Wind
I got a question:

Monolith is just a big cosmic sponge right? thats what gives him his powers? he can absorb that energy from anywhere?

???

also organic granite has the properties of what? granite right?

illadelph12
Not exactly.

His powers affect his density and he turns into an organic granite like substance in the same manner Thing was turned into rock or the Silver Surfer is, well, 'silver'.

illadelph12
I got a question:

He absorbs cosmic rays (aka the EM spectrum) like Eternals do.

Blair Wind
but he can also take out cosmic energy from others right? the way he did to the fantastic four without touching them?

illadelph12
As in draining a cosmic powered character?

Not exactly.

If he stood next to Silver Surfer he wouldn't revert back to Norrin Radd, and if he stood next to Gilgamesh or Ikaris, they wouldn't depower. Characters like The Fantastic Four who are powered by cosmic ray mutation and must absorb the rays are affected because Monolith sucks up all the ambient cosmic energy in his vicinity due to his mass. He mutates into a living planet after all, that takes a lot of power.

Blair Wind
soo, your saying if three monolith type powered characters where around, they'd drain monolith of his own powers, since he just absorbs cosmic energy rays? and you yourself said anyone who uses cosmic energy rays to power themselves up gets absorbed into him right?

Now Im assuming my actual Powerhouse at least knows a basic knowledge of Monolith (since Franklin was part of his team, and hes worked with the ff and other heavy hitters before).

Say my three powerhouses (db's) take monoliths powers, absorb all his energy, make him human, kill him, then channel all that energy to one of my DBs while the other two turn back to a powerhouse and another crystal.

and all the while my crystals are doing this to your other characters, but with sand and molten rock

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crystalinhumans9zu.jpg

illadelph12
Not exactly.

If they became Ahmet, they'd be base level Ahmet, and be easily killed. I could kill them far before they could absorb enough energy to be a threat given that you don't have any machinery to focus the power into you and set off the transformation as Monolith did.

As is displayed in the scan I provided, Living Pharoah only became Living Monolith after using the instrumentation on Havok and channeling the cosmic rays into himself.

Without the device, your Dupe Boys would be basically human as Ahmet was before using the machine and transforming.

That's why I chose him. After seeing Mimic, Synch, and Duplicate Boy in the tournament, I chose an extremely powerful character that didn't have abilities that could be used effectively against my own team by being copied.

Copying Monolith without a machine is worthless, and you can't use or create machinery in prep.

So, by all means, please copy Living Monolith's powers. It makes things a lot easier for me.

illadelph12
Oh, and you're aware that the Duplicates don't have full mastery of the powers they acquire, right? That was stated in the draft threads. Power duplicating is allowed, but skill in the use is not. In an hour, you had Dupe Boy train to use Crystal's powers and Powerhouses powers, but they still have no battlefield experience with the powers, and Dupe Prime is extremely vulnerable. It's a tactical flaw this time around. Against Long Pig your numbers were in the 100s, now, your team is 14 members deep against a force none of their abilities will effect. DB Prime is unprotected, the Wendigo's numbers are insignificant against the might of Monolith and the skill and lethal precision of Karate Kid, and Crystal and Alex couldn't hope of downing Monolith.

With sandstorms... laughing

Sorry B-Dub. Once you got limitted to 5 duplicates, your team lost a lot of it's punch.

Blair Wind
battle experiance was already given though, through my last battle. Your not understanding the purpose of the sandstorm are you? Its not to hurt you (at least KK and Monolith) its to distract you. Molten Rock is what hurts you, lighting on KK and power blasts on KK make it diffcult for him and the molten rock just burns him away. Monolith has no agility, youve already stated that he would bumrush me and in doing so he becomes an easy target to just pull up a "spring" of molten rock and have him burn while going through it. You keep saying that DB prime is unprotected, but A) he has Powerhouses life suit (for space travel, and protection) and B) DB prime is hidden from you in the cave. Gamora is already out, and kk is too busy with the rest of my members to deal with him.

also if Monolith is dumb enough to get on the floor (and it seems it took him a while to realize he should fly in the scans you provided) 6 Wendigos at class 75 strength WILL hurt. Thor, as you say, didnt hit him at his hardest, and with the wendigos sharp ass teeth and nails, even if its a distraction, beast almost tripped him and the wendigos are stronger than him. Molten Rock trumps big ass gaint in the end.

xmarksthespot
If they became Ahmet, they'd be base level Ahmet, and be easily killed. I could kill them far before they could absorb enough energy to be a threat given that you don't have any machinery to focus the power into you and set off the transformation as Monolith did.

As is displayed in the scan I provided, Living Pharoah only became Living Monolith after using the instrumentation on Havok and channeling the cosmic rays into himself.

Without the device, your Dupe Boys would be basically human as Ahmet was before using the machine and transforming.

That's why I chose him. After seeing Mimic, Synch, and Duplicate Boy in the tournament, I chose an extremely powerful character that didn't have abilities that could be used effectively against my own team by being copied.

Copying Monolith without a machine is worthless, and you can't use or create machinery in prep.

So, by all means, please copy Living Monolith's powers. It makes things a lot easier for me. Hmm... how conclusive is this (underlined) when all it says in the Dupicate Boy bio is that he mimics the powers of superbeings near him. It says nothing of base levels. That would mean if he mimicked say for example an FF member he'd just be human since without externally derived enhancement they are just humans.

illadelph12
Yes, and Living Monolith is a mutant before using the machine (Living Pharoah).

He would copy Ahmet's powers, not Ahmet's level of power, because the Living Monolith level of power is artificially stimulated through use of machinery. Ahmet's powers can't reach Monolith levels without the device, that was the whole point of him kidnapping Havok and using him as a superconductor to become Monolith.

Copying Monolith means copying Ahmet. That's why I chose him.

Blair Wind
he didnt use havok as a superconductor, he used havok and blocked all the cosmic rays hitting him because havoks powers interferred with his own (apoc and sinister fiddled with his DNA to resemble Havoks). At least thats what Ive got from all the bios Ive been looking at.

illadelph12
battle experiance was already given though, through my last battle. Your not understanding the purpose of the sandstorm are you? Its not to hurt you (at least KK and Monolith) its to distract you. Molten Rock is what hurts you, lighting on KK and power blasts on KK make it diffcult for him and the molten rock just burns him away. Monolith has no agility, youve already stated that he would bumrush me and in doing so he becomes an easy target to just pull up a "spring" of molten rock and have him burn while going through it. You keep saying that DB prime is unprotected, but A) he has Powerhouses life suit (for space travel, and protection) and B) DB prime is hidden from you in the cave. Gamora is already out, and kk is too busy with the rest of my members to deal with him.

also if Monolith is dumb enough to get on the floor (and it seems it took him a while to realize he should fly in the scans you provided) 6 Wendigos at class 75 strength WILL hurt. Thor, as you say, didnt hit him at his hardest, and with the wendigos sharp ass teeth and nails, even if its a distraction, beast almost tripped him and the wendigos are stronger than him. Molten Rock trumps big ass gaint in the end.

It doesn't matter.

If you're kicking up a sandstorm, you're hindering your own visibility and you can't be accurate with any blasts you attempt to make because you can't see your targets.

You also can't see KK coming, he can fly though the storm is his flight suit, and it won't effect Monolith at all. Not to mention that 7 members of your team are grounded, so they won't be of much use in the battle due to you generating the sandstorm and their inability to see or traverse such extreame winds.

A bull charge from Monolith and heat blast aplenty take care of most of your team. Dupe Boy Prime is powerless and defenseless, and once he falls, you lose half your roster and most of your futile firepower that can't down Monolith in the first place.

Blair Wind
A sandstorm mixed with molten rock 30 miles wide? Molten Rock would hurt both of your characters. If Monolith comes at me bumrushing me, a spring of molten rock would eat him alive since with his lack of reaction time to his speed he wouldnt be able to dodge or brake (if the sandmoltenrock storm hasnt already killed them both)

One of my seven members is hidden, and the other 6 are eating the remains of Gamora and Vertigo

and a heat blast? is it really a "heat" like using oxygen fire hot blast?

illadelph12
A sandstorm mixed with molten rock 30 miles wide? Molten Rock would hurt both of your characters. If Monolith comes at me bumrushing me, a spring of molten rock would eat him alive since with his lack of reaction time to his speed he wouldnt be able to dodge or brake (if the sandmoltenrock storm hasnt already killed them both)

One of my seven members is hidden, and the other 6 are eating the remains of Gamora and Vertigo

and a heat blast? is it really a "heat" like using oxygen fire hot blast?

laughing

How?

The Wendigo's can't advance in the sandstorm, and the heat of "molten rock" you're spewing everywhere would kill them.

KK can track DB Prme down. he can hear heartbeats from a kilometer away, he knows the position of every person on the battlefield.

If you've created such a big sandstorm, YOU CAN'T SEE. You can't mark targets and blast them because you can't see them.

If it's a sand and lava storm, no one on your team can advance or see where I am. I, on the other hand, can go above or around and flank you.

I'd also like to see Crystal creating a 30 mile wide sand and lava storm. That seems very interesting. Do you have a scan?

illadelph12
Oh, and the heat blast don't involve combustion. They're heat beams. More than likely infrared or ionized plasma as Monolith is cosmic energy endowed.

Blair Wind

says thirty miles radius, everything there was precise, where as I have a ample supply of both sand and molten rock in the desert setting. I dont need to see if im just attacking you with something you cant handle. The Wendigos would go around, but I dont even need them to, in this fight, unless Monolith (who has by now been burned to death and this scenario is usless) stops flying and they all hit him with their class 75 strength.

and sorry but your KK would not attack a person just chilling in the tigers mouth without first trying to fight the rest of my team, but since my sand and molten rock storm has already burned him away, it really doesnt matter big grin

illadelph12

says thirty miles radius, everything there was precise, where as I have a ample supply of both sand and molten rock in the desert setting. I dont need to see if im just attacking you with something you cant handle. The Wendigos would go around, but I dont even need them to, in this fight, unless Monolith (who has by now been burned to death and this scenario is usless) stops flying and they all hit him with their class 75 strength.

and sorry but your KK would not attack a person just chilling in the tigers mouth without first trying to fight the rest of my team, but since my sand and molten rock storm has already burned him away, it really doesnt matter big grin

Uh, no.

I said show me Crystal creating a lava and sandstorm 30 miles wide, not being a living air purifier and detoxifying air.

That scan says specifically that Crystal is separating and removing toxins that are already in the atmosphere, it does not show her creating a sand and molten lava storm. She's simply separating pollutant gases in the air. thumb down

illadelph12
My Ionic Breeze air filter can do that in my musty apartment. thumb down

Blair Wind
Uh, no.

I said show me Crystal creating a lava and sandstorm 30 miles wide, not being a living air purifier and detoxifying air.

That scan says specifically that Crystal is separating and removing toxins that are already in the atmosphere, it does not show her creating a sand and molten lava storm. She's simply separating pollutant gases in the air. thumb down

Doesnt matter still shows her using her powers in a thirty mile radius. Sand gets moved by the wind, and molten rock is moved through her control of earth. Both are already in the setting.

simply separating pollutant gases from the air? the precise control to do that in a thirty mile raduis would be a lot harder than just assulting your team with sand and molten rock

Blair Wind
My Ionic Breeze air filter can do that in my musty apartment. thumb down

can it do it in a thirty mile radius? stick out tongue

illadelph12
As I said, my Ionic Breeze Air Filter can do it. It's not that difficult, it's a matter of polarity. I'll post the specs for my air filter. They sell them at Orchard Hardware and Target.

There's a vast difference between separating smoke and oxygen and generating a 30 mile lava and sand storm. Lava is a lot heavier and denser than cigarrette smoke.

You haven't shown her to be able to do it, and even if she could, it would hurt your team as well.

illadelph12
http://www.theairfilterstore.com/images/250w.gif

"Light weight and easily portable, the Series 250 room air cleaner is ideal for homes, offices, clinics, or any area where pollutants are isolated. These portable room air cleaners provide the highest filtration of dirt, dust, pollen, mold, tobacco smoke, and odors available for your home. Constructed of steel and using a custom, sealed bearing motor, reduces outgassing. The Series 250 is ideal for rooms up to 250 sq.ft. For larger rooms we recommend the Series 350 room air cleaner."

http://www.theairfilterstore.com/aircleaners/250.htm

$299.99 and shipping.

Blair Wind
not if my team is behind her (plus theres two of her)

Blair Wind
http://www.theairfilterstore.com/images/250w.gif

Light weight and easily portable, the Series 250 room air cleaner is ideal for homes, offices, clinics, or any area where pollutants are isolated. These portable room air cleaners provide the highest filtration of dirt, dust, pollen, mold, tobacco smoke, and odors available for your home. Constructed of steel and using a custom, sealed bearing motor, reduces outgassing. The Series 250 is ideal for rooms up to 250 sq.ft. For larger rooms we recommend the Series 350 room air cleaner.

http://www.theairfilterstore.com/aircleaners/250.htm

$299.99 and shipping.

laughing

illadelph12
And besides, KK and Monolith can handle heat extremes. Both can survive re-entry (KK in his suit and Monolith with his density and high degree of invulnerabilty). It's not like I'm going to be bathing in lava.

Blair Wind
woah, they can both handle reentry heat extremes? Isnt that past the killabililty levels? I mean KK with a suit MIGHT be understandable(but I have a comic here from teen titans where they went to the future and met up with the legion and brainiac had to put shields around everyone when they were going into the earth) but Monoliths skin is tough enough for that?

illadelph12
Mass plus density. There's no mass cap.

Blair Wind
but if that ties into his killability levels then its still illegal

illadelph12
He's just as killable as THING, he's just a hell of a lot bigger.

illadelph12
And he can fly.

And he can fire plasma blasts and concussive force blasts...

illadelph12
And he speaks Egyptian.

illadelph12
And he wears a uni-tard...

Blair Wind
He's just as killable as THING, he's just a hell of a lot bigger.

can the thing survive having lava poured all over him?

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm... how conclusive is this (underlined) when all it says in the Dupicate Boy bio is that he mimics the powers of superbeings near him. It says nothing of base levels. That would mean if he mimicked say for example an FF member he'd just be human since without externally derived enhancement they are just humans.

I'm thinking along the same lines.... he can copy Superman's powers.... but without a crapload of solar radiation he wouldn't have a fraction of those abilities.... yet he does gain them

illadelph12
can the thing survive having lava poured all over him?

Thing can survive temperature extremes for a period of time. Neither he or Monolith could bathe in lava, but they could survive being splattered. It's not like I'm going to be wading in a pool of lava or skinny dipping in a volcano.

Blair Wind
Thing can survive temperature extremes for a period of time. Neither he or Monolith could bathe in lava, but they could survive being splattered. It's not like I'm going to be wading in a pool of lava or skinny dipping in a volcano.

have you seen aladdin? all that molten rock? My Crystals assualt you with it, its not gonna be just a dripping of molten rock

I'm thinking along the same lines.... he can copy Superman's powers.... but without a crapload of solar radiation he wouldn't have a fraction of those abilities.... yet he does gain them

thats a very good point. In my last battle I provided a scan of him duplicating superboys powers and immediatly using it against him. Hes not the same as say Mimic in that he basically copies your DNA to have your power (thats my opinion of mimic at least) but he can just copy the power and power levels you are currently at. That would mean that I could duplicate Monolith and be at the same level as him big grin

illadelph12

Uh, no.

Copying Ahmet would make Duplicate Boy Ahmet (Living Pharoah), who is a mutant.

Living Monolith is to Ahmet (Living Pharoah) what Sundipped Supes is to Regular Supes. Dupe Boy would not be able to copy Superman's sundipped form, he'd copy his base form, just as Dupe Boy would not copy Ahmet's "cosmic dipped" form, he'd copy his original powers.

illadelph12
And die.

Blair Wind
Uh, no.

Copying Ahmet would make Duplicate Boy Ahmet (Living Pharoah), who is a mutant.

Living Monolith is to Ahmet (Living Pharoah) what Sundipped Supes is to Regular Supes. Dupe Boy would not be able to copy Superman's sundipped form, he'd copy his base form, just as Dupe Boy would not copy Ahmet's "cosmic dipped form" form, he'd copy his original powers.

nonono, see the thing is if that were true, once he copied superman hed still need yellow sun radiation to get to even supermans level (supermans BASE level....is well......like a humans) however he already has his powers (immediatly)

Dupe Boy is a lot more powerful than synch or mimic. big grin

illadelph12
He'd already have solar radiation, he'd simply copy a Kryptonian's power set.

Would he be able to do things Sundipped Superman could?

Blair Wind
He already has solar radiation.

Would he be able to do things Sundipped Superman could?

he already has solar radiation? what do you mean. He gets the power and the power levels. Simple

only if he duplicated his powers when hes sundipped.

illadelph12
No, he wouldn't, because he'd be a base level Kryptonian, just as he'd be base level Ahmet.

illadelph12
he already has solar radiation? what do you mean. He gets the power and the power levels. Simple

only if he duplicated his powers when hes sundipped.

I mean he's exposed to sunlight.

Blair Wind
No, he wouldn't, because he'd be a BASE LEVEL Kryptonian, just as he'd be BASE LEVEL Ahmet.

nope. A base level Krytonian is human level. Superman just has yellow radiation. This trick might have worked with Mimic and Synch, but DB is much more powerful. He copies their power levels as well. Its more like his body does whatever the person he is "copying" does at that time not he scans them and gets their base power.

illadelph12
Fine, but I still haven't outfoxed myself:

KK has been along side Monolith this whole tournament. He knows his structural flaws, it's one of his abilities (knowing the weak point in any object or humanoid). He sizes up your dopplegangers, knows their weak points (since they are Monolith), and tells my Monolith where to strike and how to disable them, then he and Monolith slaughter the clones and the rest of your jabroni team just as before. KK has shattered diamonds and Khund starship hulls with a precision strike of his fist, it's not an issue.

They can't fly as fast as my Monolith can, and they definitely have no idea how to use his powers, they've been training the whole time to use Crystal and Powerhouse's powers, and per tournament rules, characters with copying powers can gain powers, but no experience or skill in their use. By switching in mid-battle, they're at a complete loss.

You now have 4 useless team mates (Dupe Prime, and 3 hapless Monolith clones), Powerhouse, Crystal, 6 mindless Wendigos that share a psionic link of pain, and the other 2 dupes (Crystal or Powerhouse, it doesn't matter).

Once I kill Dupe Boy Prime, who has no powers but Multiple Man's, meaning he has no defensive or offensive capabilities, your Monolith and your Crystal and Powerhouse clones, hell, half your team, disappears.

And since CIS is involved (Thank you Dizzle), what's to stop the Wendigo's from trying to eat their own teammates? It sure happened in the comics. And they're going to be in a severe state of fear with some crazy red head tossing around lava and sand everywhere.

And they're on your side of the battlefield.

Blair Wind
interesting. Wont work though.

Monoliths powers are to drain ambient cosmic energy from anywhere and it happens naturally. Concussive Blasts are not that hard to figure out, when they come out of you hands. Also how did Monolith learn all his powers so fast the first time he got them if their not easy to learn? Three Monoliths would drain the cosmic energy from your Monolith leaving him to be nothing more than the pharoah. The sand and lava would kill him in this state. KK is still to busy with my Crystals to do anything to DB Prime (KK knows nothing about him, and so wouldnt know to kill him first) I already said I sent the Wendigos (through use of winds) smelling out the rest of you team, going around the storm. KK and Pharoah are out with two of my monoliths taking Crystals powers and creating a bigger storm. I win big grin

illadelph12
Uh, no.

His powers aren't to drain the ambient cosmic energy from anywhere, his powers involve absorbing ambient cosmic energy from anywhere, but in the presence of OTHER cosmically mutated characters (like Havok or the F4), he is effected. Being around himself (since you copied him) will not hurt him.

Your Wendigo's are brainless flesh eating beasts, and they have a meal right next to them. I'm down wind. In order for my scent to carry to them, your wind currents would have to be travelling in YOUR direction, meaning your sand and lava storm is coming at you. They also don't speak, and no one on your team is a telepath (hell, no one in the tournament is). You have no way of communicating with them.

As for DB Prime, KK knows the position of everyone on the battlefield because he can hear their heartbeats. It's not going to be hard to notice someone is hiding given that Dupe Boy Prime's heartbeat is away from the group. KK is no idiot, and he has a very acute combat sense. He also knows Duplicate Boy, they are teammates. You're a touch of death away from having half your team killed.

Scoobless
Question: If Duplicate Boy's (or Madrox/Wendigo's) dupes are killed..... are they allowed to create more? i mean are they limited to five total.... or five alive at any one time?

Blair Wind
Uh, no.

His powers aren't to drain the ambient cosmic energy from anywhere, his powers involve absorbing ambient cosmic energy from anywhere, but in the presence of OTHER cosmically mutated characters (like Havok or the F4), he is effected. Being around himself (since you copied him) will not hurt him.

Your Wendigo's are brainless flesh eating beasts, and they have a meal right next to them. I'm down wind. In order for my scent to carry to them, your wind currents would have to be travelling in YOUR direction, meaning your sand and lava storm is coming at you. They also don't speak, and no one on your team is a telepath (hell, no one in the tournament is). You have no way of communicating with them.

As for DB Prime, KK knows the position of everyone on the battlefield because he can hear their heartbeats. It's not going to be hard to notice someone is hiding given that Dupe Boy Prime's heartbeat is away from the group. KK is no idiot, and he has a very acute combat sense. He also knows Duplicate Boy, they are teammates. You're a touch of death away from having half your team killed.

as stated here
when havoks around he cant use his powers. Why? because havok and him have the same basic dna (apoc and sinister made him that way) so yes being around himself will hurt him. So your one monolith would be conflicted against my three monoliths, and all his power would be drained. My three would then channel that power to one of them, then switch to crystals. Lava, sand, and lighting have already downed KK (and no KK and DB are not teamates. The legion and the heroes of lallor are more like rivals), and while Im sending winds in your direction, I can also be sending winds from behind your position to the wendigos for them to follow. and winds to push them away from me if nessarcary to move them into position

edit: in that link it also states that she hulk and Captain America electrocuted him with a power cable and he shrank back in size. Lighting strikes through my Crystals could also work

heres where it talks about apoc and sinister http://www.mutanthigh.com/monolith.html

Blair Wind
Question: If Duplicate Boy's (or Madrox/Wendigo's) dupes are killed..... are they allowed to create more? i mean are they limited to five total.... or five alive at any one time?

five total

illadelph12
as stated here
when havoks around he cant use his powers. Why? because havok and him have the same basic dna (apoc and sinister made him that way) so yes being around himself will hurt him. So your one monolith would be conflicted against my three monoliths, and all his power would be drained. My three would then channel that power to one of them, then switch to crystals. Lava, sand, and lighting have already downed KK (and no KK and DB are not teamates. The legion and the heroes of lallor are more like rivals), and while Im sending winds in your direction, I can also be sending winds from behind your position to the wendigos for them to follow. and winds to push them away from me if nessarcary to move them into position

edit: in that link it also states that she hulk and Captain America electrocuted him with a power cable and he shrank back in size. Lighting strikes through my Crystals could also work

heres where it talks about apoc and sinister http://www.mutanthigh.com/monolith.html

That wouldn't work. You aren't copying DNA, remember, you're copying super powers. That effect isn't available to you because you won't be carrying any genetic material of a cosmic mutate.

Blair Wind
That wouldn't work. You aren't copying DNA, remember, you're copying super powers. That effect isn't available to you because you won't be carrying any genetic material of a cosmic mutate.

same thing though. I get the powers and the power levels. Ive stated this before. With your one monolith and my three monoliths your monoliths powers wouldnt work and they would get drained because while they have the power levels, their still cosmic energy sponges. Also if she hulk and Cap can make him shrink by electrocuting him then so can my crystals

illadelph12
In that instance when the power cable was used to depower him:

It says the machine he was using to empower himself was overloaded by Spiderman, his size fluctuated due to the machine overloading him (over 60 feet tall), he had inhibitors placed in his body from being in prison, and then Cap and She Hulk used a power cable on him. None of those other factors are available to you. Monolith is stable and not being affected by inhibitors or overloaded by machinery in this battle.

illadelph12
same thing though. I get the powers and the power levels. Ive stated this before. With your one monolith and my three monoliths your monoliths powers wouldnt work and they would get drained because while they have the power levels, their still cosmic energy sponges. Also if she hulk and Cap can make him shrink by electrocuting him then so can my crystals

His powers would work. They don't have the genetic structure of Havok or the Fantastic 4, they simply copied Monolith's powers.

Objectively, even if it did work, they would not be empowered either, and once you have them switch to Crystal's power, the effect would wear off.

Blair Wind
the point of that would be? he was the living monolith only bigger than the one you have now and more powerful actually. So if they can do it I can do it to.

Blair Wind
His powers would work. They don't have the genetic structure of Havok or the Fantastic for, they simply copied Monolith's powers.

Objectively, even if it did work, they would not be empowered either, and once you have them switch to Crystal's power, the effect would wear off.

they copied his powers and his power levels. It seems that people who absorb cosmic rays interfere with eachother. Once it works, the pharoah dies from lava and sand.

or just a bunch of lighting evil face

illadelph12
the point of that would be? he was the living monolith only bigger than the one you have now and more powerful actually. So if they can do it I can do it to.

The point of that being there are factors in that scenario that aren't available to you here. Monolith isn't being overloaded by a machine, he doesn't have the inhibitors placed in him from prison, and there's no power cables. There's no way of determining that that effect would happen without those combined factors because that's the only occurance in which it took place.

illadelph12
they copied his powers and his power levels. It seems that people who absorb cosmic rays interfere with eachother. Once it works, the pharoah dies from lava and sand.

or just a bunch of lighting evil face

No.

Monolith is affected by Havok because Sinister spliced Alex's DNA with his own, and he is effected by the Fantastic Four because they are cosmic mutates. You said yourself that Duplicate Boy doesn't copy genetics, he only copies powers. He would copy Monolith's powers, not his mutation, just like you claim he wouldn't copy Superboy's solar dependency and yet copy his powers as is.

Scoobless
seems like the dupes could get the power of Monolith.... but they wouldn't be able to drain powers from him to weaken him..... as he doesn't actively drain power, it's an involuntary ability.... so they would all cancel each other out (drain wise) and stay at the same level

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>