Silverspider/Dizzles Team Tournament: Round 2, Fight 2- Grey Fox vs. Khellendros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dizzle
Grey Fox
Ultimate Captain America- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Captain_America

Dragon man - http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/dragonman.htm

Deathstroke- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke

Synch - http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/synch.htm

Khellendros
Frostbite- http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/frostbit.htm

Grail- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grail_%28comics%29

Doctor Light- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor...supervillain%29

Jakita Wagner- http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/j/jakita.htm

Standard 1 hour prep.

Location: Big, treasure filled cave. It's got several different chambers, winding tunnels, the whole deal. Inside the main chamber is a massive pile of gold and other small valuables. This room is roughly cubical, about 250 feet across, and is easily the biggest one in the whole cave complex. The rest have their own assorted treasures, but naturally, in smaller amounts.

Spawnrules
Grey Fox 10/10

dman2008
Originally posted by Spawnrules
Grey Fox 10/10

]confused1

Spawnrules
much faster stronger and smarter

King_Mungi
That's not how you suppose to vote, you wait till they say their arguements and THEN vote.

Spawnrules
oh sh!t

Scoobless
Originally posted by Spawnrules
Grey Fox 10/10

It's a tournament.... you vote based on how well the participants debate and counter each others strategies

Spawnrules
i c

Khellendros
Before I post a strategy, I have a question that was probably already answered: do the teams have any info on who they'll be facing? As in, beyond maybe the names?

Blair Wind
you dont get prep knowledge about the team I asked him that myself, however you get one hour of prep to prepare your team for anything

Khellendros
Okay, I thought so but I figured I'd check anyways. Ugh, hate making the first move...

The hour of prep:

For the first fourty-five minutes the team talks a bit more about potential strategies, more on an individual level, than a really complicated team strategy. Since no one really has any equipment to check, the last fourteen minutes are spent mentally preparing for the upcoming fight. In the last minute, Grail and Light put up their shields and Frostbite crafts the usual protective ice coating... and in the last few seconds of prep, Frostbite absorbs enough heat out of their surrroundings to build up one good heat blast.

The fight:

Well, you are in a bit of trouble in this match. The first thing Light is going to do is pull the full electrical charge out of any gadget your team has, including Deathsroke's weapons and even his bionic eye. Without his eye, the only one your team will be able to see in this dark cave is Grail, who is constantly glowing, and who will immediately move away from the rest of his team, with his large glowing shield making him quite a target. But wait... firearms and grenades don't seem to be working, and Dragon Man's fire breath won't ignite... That would be Frostbite's doing, since no form of combustion happens in his vicinity if he doesn't want it too.

With Frostbite ruining the last few long range offensive options your team had, you really have no choice to go in for the close attack. DM will most likely go for the shiny guy, and that will be his last mistake, as a blast of chi disintegrates any organic matter it comes in contact with. Without the Class 100 guy to synch with, Everett goes down to another chi blast as well. Meanwhile Nikita, with her enhanced senses, hangs back with Frostbite in case someone figures out where he is.

Before Cap and DS can launch any real offensive, every last bit of ambient light in the room disappears, sucked up by light, who then focuses that light into a microthin laser beam that burns a hole into the back of Cap's skull. And Deathstroke... well, remember all that voltage Light absorbed? Yeah. He can have it back, but in one concentrated blast, which should fry his nervous system (that nifty power staff must use a lot of energy to function). If for some reason that doesn't work, Frostbite can simply boil him in his own skin with heat taken from their surroundings and what he's already got stored.

grey fox
Give me a second....

grey fox
As most of you guys know my posting is sporadic at best , unfortunately it's my holidays and I'm hanging around up in London seeing my baby cousin whom i rarely get to see , as such i don't get a lot of time on the comp . So i am more then likely going to lose this match due to lack of posts , but I'd like to say a few words before getting my ass-kicked royally

A : God is a ***** for pairing me up with the damn bridesmaid

B : Mr T owns Chuck Norris , who ever says otherwise is a lying bastard who needs to be given 'the treatment'

C: I wasn't particularly bothered about winning this match as such , because my only ambition at the time was to at least get past the first round

Now let's see if i can crack this little nut

Ok , Wilson checks his weaponry and discusses his plan with cap (as well as the other team) , he also pools his knowledge of doctor light to the team (Hey you said they got names evil face ) with the remaining time synch is lended and taught how to use caps shield (dont tell me this is impossible , spidey learnt how to throw a damn trashcan lid in a similar manner and cap has only met spidey once or twice.....) and synches with dragonman . Dragonman is also taught in the remaining time by deathstroke who intends to educate dragonman . ( '1+ 1 = 2 , very good dragonman have a biscuit '

Now first of all you say all the light has been sucked out of the room , and grail is walking around like a nightlight . Well were standing in a room full f a pretty damn reflective object s , GOLD , yarr stolen pirate booty ect ect so on and so forth. Now what little light their is will probably be reflected to a decent enough degree for most of my team to see .

Heres where the game begins , deathstroke moves forward slowly talking about lights past . Now I'm not a good psycho annalist . Bit I'm guessing jakita doesn't want stand next to a serial rapist , let alone work with one. This little revelation puts most of the team off kilter long enough for synch to fling the shield straight at frostbite , the poor bastard has his head taken off in a single go (what with the class one hundred strengh and all it should go through whatever ice shields their are like a hot knife through butter) .

A few clangs resound as the shield bounces back , of course your remaining team doesn't notice this as their suddenly blind , a flash bang grenade having taken their sight away .

Now before you can start a 'doctor light can suck away' monologue , he cant . Since at that moment he was being peppered with bullets and a single frag grenade . I'm guessing that he was a little busy ether placing shields up or getting swiss cheesed to try to stop a flashbang.

Now your team is blind and pretty panicked considering one of their teammates has just been decapitated and pretty damn shocked that one of their own is a rapist.

Cap (now with his shield back from the earlier mentioned rebound) takes down Jakita with Truth justice and the all American way . Being skilled enough to over come your opponents strengh is also a plus as well . He takes her down with a few well placed moves before knocking her unconscious with a well placed shield strike to the back of the skull. Effectively knocking her out the match.

Dragonman starts wailing on Lights shield , light is quite frightened and angry now ( and blinder then those three rodents of yonder tale) this shield eventually breaks since it cant stand up too a barrage of class 100 strikes ) He is then ripped to shreds in a most painful manner.

By now grail is just getting his sight back (albeit a very blurry , white spot filled sight) He pretty much finished staggering and throwing random punches . Too little to late though as he is rammed forcibly into the wall by caps shield (which again has been passed to synch) the shield is large enough for synch to put enough of his body behind and still put pressure on grail who is struggling against 100 tons of force ramming him into a wall . Struggling doest help as he then has a broadsword stabbed through his throat , a flame barrage aimed at his face , and a barrage of grenades (both frag , explosive and super) to finish him off

Vote the right way , the grey fox way

-GF

leonidas
nice. a real match . . .

oh, and gentlemen, the jlakmc is watching this match with interest . . . shifty

Khellendros
Originally posted by grey fox
B : Mr T owns Chuck Norris , who ever says otherwise is a lying bastard who needs to be given 'the treatment'
Vin Diesel > *

Ok , Wilson checks his weaponry and discusses his plan with cap (as well as the other team) , he also pools his knowledge of doctor light to the team (Hey you said they got names evil face )
Yes, and Blair Wind said we get NO prep info. <shrugs> Not that it matters either way.

with the remaining time synch is lended and taught how to use caps shield (dont tell me this is impossible , spidey learnt how to throw a damn trashcan lid in a similar manner and cap has only met spidey once or twice.....)
Kay. So Synch can throw it like a giant frisbee. No way in hell is he going to learn how to throw it with anywhere near the skill of Cap in less than an hour. Not even Spidey could do that.

Now first of all you say all the light has been sucked out of the room , and grail is walking around like a nightlight .
I didn't say the light was sucked out of the room, just that there was no light. Dizzle said nothing about torches or lamps lighting the cavern. And you'd better hope I'm right, because giving Light a room full of ambient light to work with is a bad idea.

Well were standing in a room full f a pretty damn reflective object s , GOLD , yarr stolen pirate booty ect ect so on and so forth. Now what little light their is will probably be reflected to a decent enough degree for most of my team to see .
Wrong. Grail doesn't give off nearly that much light. I said he glows, not that he shines like a walking friggin light bulb. That and the fact that he will be moving away from the rest of his group means you're still in the dark as it were.

Heres where the game begins , deathstroke moves forward slowly talking about lights past . Now I'm not a good psycho annalist . Bit I'm guessing jakita doesn't want stand next to a serial rapist , let alone work with one.
Yes, because Jakita and co. are going to beleive the words of a man who wants to kill them all over a team member who has spent two hours of prep and one life-or-death battle with them with no incident.

This little revelation puts most of the team off kilter long enough for synch to fling the shield straight at frostbite , the poor bastard has his head taken off in a single go (what with the class one hundred strengh and all it should go through whatever ice shields their are like a hot knife through butter) .
That might work, except for the fact that Synch can barely see, if at all, while Jakita will hear the thing slicing through the air and knock Frostbite out of the way if the thing turns out to be a threat.

A few clangs resound as the shield bounces back , of course your remaining team doesn't notice this as their suddenly blind , a flash bang grenade having taken their sight away .
Two things wrong with this: first, no grenade will successfully go off because of Frostbite. Second, unless Dizzle mentioned that the cave walls were lined with adamantium, that shield is going to be imbedded in the stone cavern wall, not bouncing all over the damn place.

Now before you can start a 'doctor light can suck away' monologue , he cant . Since at that moment he was being peppered with bullets and a single frag grenade . I'm guessing that he was a little busy ether placing shields up or getting swiss cheesed to try to stop a flashbang.

Okay, even if Frostbite WASN'T taking care of the guns and grenades, go back and read my prep. Light came into this shindig with a shield up.

Cap (now with his shield back from the earlier mentioned rebound) takes down Jakita with Truth justice and the all American way . Being skilled enough to over come your opponents strengh is also a plus as well . He takes her down with a few well placed moves before knocking her unconscious with a well placed shield strike to the back of the skull. Effectively knocking her out the match.
Mmm. That might work, except for the fact that she's easily Class 80 - 100, blindingly fast, and a damn skilled fighter as well. Add to that the fact that Cap's shield is off stuck halfway into a stone wall somewhere, and Cap is F*CKED.

Dragonman starts wailing on Lights shield , light is quite frightened and angry now ( and blinder then those three rodents of yonder tale) this shield eventually breaks since it cant stand up too a barrage of class 100 strikes ) He is then ripped to shreds in a most painful manner.
Please. DM even looks at Light funny and he's getting cut in half with a laser. Not to mention Light can fly, meaning that if DM wants him, he has to use that anti-grav generator, and THAT won't be happening because it, like all of Deathstroke's gadgets, has been drained of power.

By now grail is just getting his sight back (albeit a very blurry , white spot filled sight) He pretty much finished staggering and throwing random punches . Too little to late though as he is rammed forcibly into the wall by caps shield (which again has been passed to synch) the shield is large enough for synch to put enough of his body behind and still put pressure on grail who is struggling against 100 tons of force ramming him into a wall . Struggling doest help as he then has a broadsword stabbed through his throat , a flame barrage aimed at his face , and a barrage of grenades (both frag , explosive and super) to finish him off
First, The grenade never went off. Second, Grail has a shield up which has stood up to Class 100 blows before. Third, Synch is vulnerable to Grail's chi blasts.

So, let's review: Not only is your team deprived of any weapon that relies on combustion to work and any piece of higher technology they had access to, you've given the shield to a novice, and promptly had him bury the very useful indestructible shield into the wall behind my team. One of your best fighters is walking around in the dark missing the use of one eye and chattering away, making him a lovely target. And the other three team members have no protection against tight-focus laser beams or flesh-disintegrating chi blasts. I like my team's odds.

ScarletSpider
Just being the Devil's advocate here, but what's to keep the shield from bouncing around? There's never been a definitive guideline to his shield. It's unbreakable, has a boomerang type ability to come back to its owner after a throw, and can bounce off of stuff. If it can bounce off the back of someone's head, I say it can probably bounce off a rock wall, or anything else, if thrown properly.

Khellendros
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Just being the Devil's advocate here, but what's to keep the shield from bouncing around? There's never been a definitive guideline to his shield. It's unbreakable, has a boomerang type ability to come back to its owner after a throw, and can bounce off of stuff. If it can bounce off the back of someone's head, I say it can probably bounce off a rock wall, or anything else, if thrown properly.
Couple things. First, it's being thrown by a novice. No way is he going to "throw it properly" with only an hour's training. Second, I'm almost positive the shield has been shown to be able to cut through things. Finally, it's being thrown by someone hundreds of times stronger than Cap himself, so I doubt that even he could predict just how it would react.

grey fox
Originally posted by Khellendros
Couple things. First, it's being thrown by a novice. No way is he going to "throw it properly" with only an hour's training. Second, I'm almost positive the shield has been shown to be able to cut through things. Finally, it's being thrown by someone hundreds of times stronger than Cap himself, so I doubt that even he could predict just how it would react.

Look if spiderman can learn to throw a trashcan lid in exactly the same manner * then i'm guessing synch can fling it . If not , then cap can do it , ether way it will kill frostbyte , considering that the only defense he has is a Ice shield whereas ult cap has class 5 strength

* Parker even admitted to learning this from cap 'how did you do that ' 'oh a little something i picked up from captain america' . Now form what knowledge i have cap hasn't had nowhere near the time to teach him to do this (note : the shield flinging was before new avengers) the only time i have actually seen spidey intervene with cap was after the shield flinging incident to help quell an attack on doc doom and when cap and the avengers arrived to haul away fire lords loser ass......

grey fox
Oh and on the ambient light subject , i remember a certain scan you posted of grail eradicating vampires . The guy was giving off enough light to illuminate the damn street......

leonidas
the shield CAN cut damn near anything and you don't NEED cl100 strength to do it. cap has shown to be able to throw it through all but the strongest metals, he just doesn't because the shield is so lethal. not sure how strong the ice shield is, but it would have to be DAMN strong for cap's shield, thrown with cl5 strength NOT to penetrate and kill . . .

Khellendros
Originally posted by leonidas
the shield CAN cut damn near anything and you don't NEED cl100 strength to do it. cap has shown to be able to throw it through all but the strongest metals, he just doesn't because the shield is so lethal. not sure how strong the ice shield is, but it would have to be DAMN strong for cap's shield, thrown with cl5 strength NOT to penetrate and kill . . .
I never said an ice shield would stop it. I said that when it misses, instead of rebounding off the wall, it's going to imbed itself in the rock wall since it's being thrown by a class 100 guy.

Blair Wind
Questions:

Wouldnt Dr. Lights ability to take anything made of light, even a gods lightning and control it( and your saying that he is taking all the light on the battlefield) just kill his team members right then and there? I mean the body runs on electrical impulses and if Dr. Light can take that and control it or shut it down.........

Khellendros
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Questions:

Wouldnt Dr. Lights ability to take anything made of light, even a gods lightning and control it( and your saying that he is taking all the light on the battlefield) just kill his team members right then and there? I mean the body runs on electrical impulses and if Dr. Light can take that and control it or shut it down.........
He's never shown that kind of finite control over anything that isn't actual light. I mean, even Deathstroke's eye has gotta be using the energy equivalent of a couple batteries.

xmarksthespot
He had enough control of Superboy's vision and Wonder Girl's lightning... and it probably doesn't require all that much finite control to simply absorb energies even if they are from people/organs... as shown by Superboy's vision. shifty That and he currently has hard light contructs, can teleport himself and others, can seemingly become incorporeal, and apparently can "transubstantiate" matter.

Khellendros
When did he become incorporeal?

grey fox
Mwhahaha i can hear TOAA coming to take light away......

Regardless i have cap throw it instead of synch then , and then synch can help wail on jakita .

Oh yeah and Vin diesel owns NO ONE , his films suck and jackie chan was going to replace him in his latest film......

Khellendros
Mwhahaha i can hear TOAA coming to take light away......
Doubtful. Despite X's best and persistant efforts, Dizzle hasn't banned him yet, likely because he knows I'm not trying to sneak anyone in under the radar, I just didn't know about his newest showings when I picked him.

Regardless i have cap throw it instead of synch then , and then synch can help wail on jakita.
Fine, then Jakita swats the damn thing aside and Light fries them both.

grey fox
Well good morning khell ......

Doubtful. Despite X's best and persistant efforts, Dizzle hasn't banned him yet, likely because he knows I'm not trying to sneak anyone in under the radar, I just didn't know about his newest showings when I picked him.

Nope , my team can be very distracting . The original revelation should as earlier mentioned put them off kilter ......

But if not , then what. Well deathstroke has no problem against light. I'm guessing the guy told him most of what he can do so Ds can keep him safe . In fact with deathstrokes reflexes he dance around most of these suckers quite easily .

And as for jakita whacking the shield away. I doubt it. You seemed to have missed the 'Synch wail on jakita' there buddy......

Khellendros
Well good morning khell ......
Top o' the mornin' to ya.

Nope , my team can be very distracting . The original revelation should as earlier mentioned put them off kilter ......
I addressed this already. Light's team has absolutely no reason to believe the words of a man who wants to, at the very least, beat them up and at worst kill them.

But if not , then what. Well deathstroke has no problem against light. I'm guessing the guy told him most of what he can do so Ds can keep him safe . In fact with deathstrokes reflexes he dance around most of these suckers quite easily .
Deathstroke has no problem against a human death ray? Right. Deathstroke has good reactions, but that won't save him from getting his feet frozen to the ground or boiled alive in his own skin by Frostbite. And dancing around is going to be a problem when he's half blind from haivng his bionic eye drained of power.

And as for jakita whacking the shield away. I doubt it.
Why? She's the only one of them with the enhanced senses and super speed. Synch and Cap will be lucky if they can see her and Frosty, much less throw the shield at them.

You seemed to have missed the 'Synch wail on jakita' there buddy......
No, read my last post again:
Gonna be kinda hard to wail on Jakita when he's dead.

grey fox
Time line

A. (2 seconds) They arrive , deathstroek gets a really evil smile , while cap considers trying to Americanise the cave. Synch is travellign through the shadows.....

B. (5 seconds) Ds spots light and starts the plan talking about his former life (IN DETAIL , you can't dissuade someone if they can give exact detail and you cannot say it's impossible le for DS i mean the guy figured everything out about THE BATMAN)

C ( 30-65 seconds) Khells team freak (for a few seconds ) just long enough for synch to hop out of the shadows and do a deadpool style sucker punch (SHORYUKEN lol) on Jakita.

D (67-70 seconds) the shield is flung straight into ( and out of ) frostbites neck .

And the rest (as earlier mentioend) goes accordingly .

Oh and if anyone wonders about the light thing. The shield has a finite power source and will eventually break under strain , light knows he's pretty damn squishy underneath that shield so will obviously try to keep it up as long as possible , so he wont be able to concentrate on doing any 'micro-laserign' or so on .....

Now when will that damn postman arrive with my Advent Children miffed

Khellendros
A. (2 seconds) They arrive , deathstroek gets a really evil smile , while cap considers trying to Americanise the cave. Synch is travellign through the shadows...
Meanwhile, Grail is moving away with his team in a flanking maneuver. Jakita sees Synch coming and points him out to Frostbite.

B. (5 seconds) Ds spots light and starts the plan talking about his former life (IN DETAIL , you can't dissuade someone if they can give exact detail and you cannot say it's impossible le for DS i mean the guy figured everything out about THE BATMAN)
Right, well, since no one on my team is an IDIOT, the second DS gives away his position by talking, Light distracts him by knocking out his bionic eye and the rest of his gadgets and then blasting him. You may want to let that particular tactic go. It's not really a BAD idea, it just wouldn't work.

C ( 30-65 seconds) Khells team freak (for a few seconds ) just long enough for synch to hop out of the shadows and do a deadpool style sucker punch (SHORYUKEN lol) on Jakita.
Or rather, while your team is distracted by the sight of DS getting fried, Grail takes Synch out with a Chi blast.

D (67-70 seconds) the shield is flung straight into ( and out of ) frostbites neck .
The shield is flung at Frostbite, but Jakita saves him and caves Cap's face in.

Oh and if anyone wonders about the light thing. The shield has a finite power source and will eventually break under strain , light knows he's pretty damn squishy underneath that shield so will obviously try to keep it up as long as possible , so he wont be able to concentrate on doing any 'micro-laserign' or so on .....
The shield isn't eternal, but you have nothing to hammer it down with. He can outfly the slow flying Dragon Man, and your projectile weapons and grenades are rendered useless by Frostbite. Throwing the shield just leaves another character defenseless and your other Class 100 character can't fly. Light will be just fine.

Blair Wind
He's never shown that kind of finite control over anything that isn't actual light. I mean, even Deathstroke's eye has gotta be using the energy equivalent of a couple batteries.

Is heat vision "light"? and Lighting from a god??
I have the comic and X has already posted the scans about him being able to take both from inside SB and away from the Ares' lasso

However your saying that he takes ALL the light from the surrounding area, using pin point lasers and frying people all at the same time??

your projectile weapons and grenades are rendered useless by Frostbite.

is Frostbite just continually sucking heat from everything in the area? Wouldnt he affect his team? and in the same case as Light, can he just take the other teams heat and leave them in a frozen corpse??? confused

Scoobless
Ok .... the light from heat vision and lightning is just a by product of the air being heated........ so how can Dr. Light control pure heat? or electricity?

Are there any scans that show that light can draw the power out of Slade's weapons? because i've never seen anything like that happen

And if Dr. Light drains all the light from the area..... how can he see?

Khellendros
Is heat vision "light"? and Lighting from a god??
I have the comic and X has already posted the scans about him being able to take both from inside SB and away from the Ares' lasso
According to a few people here, heat vision is just refocused light focused through SB's eyes. And lighting, no matter the sourse, is just electricity. It's arguable that, because of his ability to control radiation across the EM spectrum, he can manipulate electricity itself to some extent. The fact is, he did it.

However your saying that he takes ALL the light from the surrounding area, using pin point lasers and frying people all at the same time??
No, not all at the same time. First, he absorbs all the light for a moment, then refocuses that light into a laser beam.

is Frostbite just continually sucking heat from everything in the area? Wouldnt he affect his team? and in the same case as Light, can he just take the other teams heat and leave them in a frozen corpse??? confused
No, not continually, that would risk overloading him. But, if he needs a quick charge of heat, a few tons of gold at room temperature would have quite a bit of heat to give.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Ok .... the light from heat vision and lightning is just a by product of the air being heated........ so how can Dr. Light control pure heat? or electricity?
Dude, you yourself said, in my thread with KVD, that his heat vision was just light refocused through his eyes. Are you going back on that now? And, I don't know how he controls electricity, but he can control radio signals and other radiation as well. It's just part of his powerset now.

Are there any scans that show that light can draw the power out of Slade's weapons? because i've never seen anything like that happen
Of course not, but if he can pull the voltage from a magic lasso, I don't see how pulling the charge from some powercells would be any more difficult.

And if Dr. Light drains all the light from the area..... how can he see?
Well, I only said visible light. Dr. Light could conceivably just shift infrared radiation in the room up to visible light just as it hits his eyes, allowing to see. And the light drain would only need to be momentary to give him enough light to refocus into a small but intense laser beam.

Scoobless
Dude, you yourself said, in my thread with KVD, that his heat vision was just light refocused through his eyes. Are you going back on that now? And, I don't know how he controls electricity, but he can control radio signals and other radiation as well. It's just part of his powerset now.

No, that's my theory on it .... but everyone else calls it "heat" vision rather than "laser" vision

Of course not, but if he can pull the voltage from a magic lasso, I don't see how pulling the charge from some powercells would be any more difficult.

I suppose the laso constantly glows so the energy involved will probably be tied directly to light (insert magic based explanation here).... but regular electricity going through a circuit doesn't give off light

Khellendros
I suppose the laso constantly glows so the energy involved will probably be tied directly to light (insert magic based explanation here).... but regular electricity going through a circuit doesn't give off light
Not a TERRIBLE explanation, but Light can still wield the other energies on the EM spectrum that aren't light at all, and give off no light, visible or otherwise.

Scoobless
blink .............. Is his last name Lensherr?

Khellendros
blink .............. Is his last name Lensherr?
laughing out loud No, because then he could create Magnetic fields on top of everything else.

Dizzle
Light's ok for now. His teleporting is pretty non-combat effective, and his greatest asset is versatility, not raw power. Without a big source, I think IM could still outgun him. And since no sources big enough are ALLOWED, Light remains within the rules. He's versatile, but not godly powerful in the total destruction sense. Oh, and was it ever proved that Wondergirl's electricity isn't real electricity? It's SOURCE is magic, but is it lightning, or magic energy that LOOKS like lightning? Either way, strictly controlling energy wasn't banned either...

grey fox
Ok then scratch my old plan.

Prep remains the same though , ds informs his team about Lights capabilities.

As soon as they get on the field the team disperses , using the 'caves darkness' as you call it to their advantage . Synch synches with frostbite he always has an understanding of how to use the powers he synches with and therefore undoes everything that frost bite has been trying to do .

Light can't do a full light drain on the entire cave as that would have negative effects on your team (deducting visibility even further )
Not only taking into consideration that my team may not be their.

Ds (Hiding in one of the many winding tunnels and caves that all link to the main cave) let's loose with a bullet and grenade barrage , two frag grenades and 10-20 bullets later and frostbyte is out . Your team having nether the reaction time or pre-cog to block those attacks.

Cap's shield suddenly impacts with the back of grail's head , ether A knocking him out or B killing him outright (due to decapitation) . What were your team doing at that point ? trying to free themselves from their ice encased legs . A second or two is all it takes.

A flashbang goes off , again no light draining because the flash takes a second possibly two , again no where near the reaction time a normal human has.

Jakita is suddenly rushed by dragonman , her lower body in encased full in ice now , synch can let off any heat in a similar manner to what khell described earlier. Now dragonman can ether beat her upper body to death or eat her . Ether way she's down .

Light's vision finally returns and i'm guessing he's pretty damn panicked , his team is dead/unconscious(ether way their considered knocked out) his powers near useless ( he ether makes everything pitch black for himself or can try to drain everything in his surrounding area
but since he's frozen to the spot that's really not going to help)

He is then frozen alive like a Popsicle , his shield useless in stopping his body heat draining straight out of him

and now i think i 'll celebrate with some music

Here we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers

Hey...
And here we are
We're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting for survival
We've come to be the rulers of your world

Oh!
I am immortal
I have inside me blood of kings (Yeah, yeah!)
I have no rival
No man can be my equal
Send me to the future of your world

Born to be kings, princes of the universe
Fighting and free, got your world in my hand
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand
We were born to be princes of the universe
No man could understand
My power is in my own hand

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
People talk about you
People say you've had your day
I'm a man that will go far
Fly the moon and reach for the stars
With my sword and head held high
Got to pass the test first time, yeah
I know that people talk about me
I hear it every day
But I can prove you wrong 'cause I'm right first time
Yeah yeah

Alright, let's go, let's go
Haha!
Yeh...watch this man fly
Bring on the girls
Bababa!

Here we are (here we are)
Born to be kings, we're princes of the universe
Here will we belong

Born to be kings, princes of the universe
Fighting and free, got your world in my hand
I'm here for your love and I'll make my stand
We were born to be princes of the universe

I only watched highlander yesterday , and i already love it big grin

Khellendros
As soon as they get on the field the team disperses , using the 'caves darkness' as you call it to their advantage .
Well, they can disperse, but Jakita will still be able to hear them, if not see them. Frostbite will be able to track them because they're greater sources of heat than anything else in the room, and Light can still use infrared light to see you. And any one of them can tell Grail where to fire off a chi blast.

Synch synches with frostbite he always has an understanding of how to use the powers he synches with and therefore undoes everything that frost bite has been trying to do.
First, Synch has to be fairly close to Synch with someone, so running off into the cave isn't gonna work. Second, gaining knowledge of how to use copied powers was voted illegal at the beginning of this tourney. Finally, Frostbite's powers don't look like that. He cant stop something from getting cold, and he doesn't have the kind of finite control over stored heat to let him slowly warm something back up. Trying to heat up a bullet with Frostbite's powers is just going to cause it to explode on the spot.

Light can't do a full light drain on the entire cave as that would have negative effects on your team (deducting visibility even further )
Not only taking into consideration that my team may not be their.
He doesn't really need to, as he has a walking source of endless light in the form of Grail, who can make himself brighter as he channels more chi.

Ds (Hiding in one of the many winding tunnels and caves that all link to the main cave) let's loose with a bullet and grenade barrage , two frag grenades and 10-20 bullets later and frostbyte is out . Your team having nether the reaction time or pre-cog to block those attacks.
Actually, Grail and Jakita do have the necessary reaction time, but it's not necessary, as you still can't use ammo or grenades.

Cap's shield suddenly impacts with the back of grail's head , ether A knocking him out or B killing him outright (due to decapitation) . What were your team doing at that point ? trying to free themselves from their ice encased legs . A second or two is all it takes.
Read my prep again. Grail came into this with his shield, which has taken hits from Class 100 guys before. And ice won't do much more than annoy my team, since Grail and Jakita are strong enough to shatter it with ease and Light and Frostbite can simply melt it.

A flashbang goes off , again no light draining because the flash takes a second possibly two , again no where near the reaction time a normal human has.
laughing out loud You say that like my team is composed of NORMAL humans. Anyways, Flashbangs are just as useless as any other explosive in this fight.

Jakita is suddenly rushed by dragonman , her lower body in encased full in ice now , synch can let off any heat in a similar manner to what khell described earlier. Now dragonman can ether beat her upper body to death or eat her . Ether way she's down .
Jakita may not be able to beat DM instantly, but she's quick enough to keep him from touching her, and strong enough that he will definitely feel a few punches. And Synch has a distance limit, meaning if he's close enough to use Frostbite's power, he's close enough to get blasted by Grail.

Light's vision finally returns and i'm guessing he's pretty damn panicked , his team is dead/unconscious(ether way their considered knocked out) his powers near useless ( he ether makes everything pitch black for himself or can try to drain everything in his surrounding area
but since he's frozen to the spot that's really not going to help)
laughing out loud The idea that you can actually blind a guy named DOCTOR LIHT is just laughable. No reason to panic, since your entire strategy has been invalidated.

grey fox
I'm not particularly bothered if you crush my arguments , as i earlier stated i knew i was going to lose and am trying my best to at least have a slight comeback. Also you didn't comment on my music....how distasteful.....

But back to a few points , super speed doesn't equal-ate into reaction time , look at monolith in the other match he can go pretty damn fast but his reaction time stinks.

Supes can go around the world a few hundred times in five minutes but can he tag the flash ......nope.........

I just realised how tasty cold pizza can be ...bully for me big grin

Blair Wind
Finally, Frostbite's powers don't look like that. He cant stop something from getting cold, and he doesn't have the kind of finite control over stored heat to let him slowly warm something back up. Trying to heat up a bullet with Frostbite's powers is just going to cause it to explode on the spot.

And ice won't do much more than annoy my team, since Grail and Jakita are strong enough to shatter it with ease and Light and Frostbite can simply melt it.

is it just me or does something not add up here? confused

Khellendros
Why not? Blasting the big ice sheathe around one's legs is a lot less exact than heating up a bullet. Besides, he doesn't have to worry about going overboard and burning himself because he can simply reabsorb the excess heat.

Blair Wind
So he channels heat and then freezes things? or he channels heat which causes things to freeze and he has heat blasts from the heat he took??

Khellendros
So he channels heat and then freezes things? or he channels heat which causes things to freeze and he has heat blasts from the heat he took??
He absorbs heat, either for the purpose of forming ice, or just to store heat to bolster his own physical stats or to fire as concentrated blasts. He also has some control over the ice he forms, being able to shape it and make it much stronger than normal ice as well as firing the ice as destructive projectiles.

grey fox

Hey I'm still trying to work out how light can suddenly suck all the light from something which flares for a second . Or how he can both keep his shield up and do a multitude of other stuff......

Khellendros
Hey I'm still trying to work out how light can suddenly suck all the light from something which flares for a second . Or how he can both keep his shield up and do a multitude of other stuff......
What, are you talking about the flashbang? He doesn't even need to, since it won't be going off in the first place. And tons of other characters can do more than one thing with their power. Telekinetics can shield themselves and move things, Invisible Woman can make multiple constructs, Magneto can shield himself and still manipulate metal.

stormfront13
actually khell, synch can synch with anyone that is within a few miles of him.

DigiMark007
Few things...

1. Chuck Norris most certainly owns Mr. T and Vin Deisel.

2. You BOTH made fun of Spider-Man on page 1 ("If Spidey can learn to throw it, anyone can"wink. Minus points...luckily for you both, it negates each other.

3. Much of this fight revolves around Dr. Light. I don't believe he can simply suck ambient energy out of electronics...hell, Cyborg beat him recently. But I have seen him suck light out of an area, thus creating darkness....so that's a viable tactic. Also, Synch's bio mentions an ambient light aura whenever he's using his powers...not sure what would happen to him if that light got stolen away, but he might be screwed.

4. Cap's great, but a touch out of his league. You would have been better off with plenty of others. DS I consider to be more dangerous...and I think he hasn't been used enough. Dragon's Man's decent muscle, but little else. He's a dumb turd that would be mostly lost in this fight.

I think too much of a deal is being made about Dr. Light, and he's certainly not as good as Khell would have us believe. But that doesn't change the fact that Khell's team is simply better.

My (judges) vote goes to Khell.

And no, this has nothing to do with KMC Authority...in the future I'd ask to not be a judge for any JLA and/or Authority matches...but I'm removing any bias I might have before I vote.

Khellendros
Originally posted by stormfront13
actually khell, synch can synch with anyone that is within a few miles of him.
Really. Okay, what's fine. Gaining the knowledge of how to use the powers copied was voted as being illegal, and Frostbite had an incredibly tough time learning to control his powers. The first half of his appearances was spent wearing a regulator belt that would keep him from constantly absorbing heat from his surroundings, to the point that he would melt/burn everything around him.

stormfront13
Really. Okay, what's fine. Gaining the knowledge of how to use the powers copied was voted as being illegal, and Frostbite had an incredibly tough time learning to control his powers. The first half of his appearances was spent wearing a regulator belt that would keep him from constantly absorbing heat from his surroundings, to the point that he would melt/burn everything around him.

yeah, your right ther though, though i don't think he has a complete understanding over the powers he copies, just a basic idea. idk if it will make much of a difference though

Khellendros
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah, your right ther though, though i don't think he has a complete understanding over the powers he copies, just a basic idea. idk if it will make much of a difference though
Doesn't matter what he gets in character, in this tourney, he gets no knowledge, so he is screwed.

grey fox
Chi boy (aka Grail) certainly does go down though i can guarantee that.

Khellendros
Chi boy (aka Grail) certainly does go down though i can guarantee that.
laughing out loud What, from Frostbite? Naah. He's the one memeber of his team who can survive completely unaided in space with no problems. A little ice isn't going to cause trouble.

grey fox
I was talking about the sheild , it's inorganic , indestructable , and thrown with class five strengh behind it . I see ether decapitation or a concussion......

Khellendros
The shield has stood up to Class 100 hits. The shield won't even phase him.

ScarletSpider
I'm voting for Khellendros. Good arguments on both sides, but Khell has the advantage in power and abilities, I think, and presented his case well for that.

Dizzle
Match closed. Khellendros wins.

grey fox
Ahh well i tried big grin

Khellendros
Good fight Grey Fox.

stormfront13
yeah, you both did good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.