Jedi Temple Vs. Anakin & Clone Troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PurpleSaber
Ok, pretend that Mace, Tiin, Fisto, and Kolar hadn't gone to arrest Palpatine. Just imagine that they stayed at the Jedi Temple, and Anakin hadn't told them that Palpatine was a Sith Lord. When Anakin and the Clone Troopers came to take over the Jedi Temple, would these four Jedi being there have made a difference?

Fishy
Anakin would have been killed, and i'm sure more Jedi would have made it out of there alive... Or would have been killed by Clone Troopers whatever.. Darth Vader would probably have never existed in the way that we all know and love him.

Darth Kal-El
Mace manhandles Anakin. And if Yoda and Obi-Wan can go through the whole temple with clone troopers themselves, the four Jedi shouldnt have a problem along with Cin Drallig and Shaak Ti and the others.

Blaxican_Jedi
First off they wouldn't even need MAce fisto and the others. The whole hundred clones and ani vs. a hundred Jedi is total BS. If a hundred Jedi can withstand thousands of battle droids. And one Jedi with a few clones can make a differance between loss and defeat. then the jedi at the temple should have no problem defeating the clones. And three Jedi masters aginst anakin would result in Anakin moving around on a skateboard. Also battle droids are better than clones so..yeah.

PurpleSaber
Most of the Jedi in the temple at that time were padawans. A lot of the Jedi were off at different planets. Remember the order 66 scene? Also Vader hunted down a lot of Jedi between ROTS and ANH.

Faunus
Well, Mace and Kit together would be able to devastate the clones, and with Cin Drallig and the other Jedi at their backs, they'd be able to reach Anakin and pulverize him. But, if Mace was killed, which is a possibility, then the slaughter would proceed as we saw it.

mace=badass
In the Clone Wars Volume 6 comic book Mace, Tinn, Agen, and Fisto are not what they are made out to be in the movies.

darthsith19
Yes, it would, b/c if they were there I think Mace would have stuck with the Younglings and would have taken out Vader when ge went to kill them. Then it'd just be Jedi vs. Clones and with Mace and co. there I think the Jedi'd stand at least a 50% chance.

P.S. Does anyone know what happened first, Vader's battle with Cin, his killing of Shaak Ti or his murder of the Younglings?

Faroth
If Mace could find a way to confront Anakin, the clones'd be screwed. If not, then four Jedi wouln't make much of a difference.

DarthMaul9123
anakin cant face windu or even obiwon for that matter...this goes to the master of vapaad

PurpleSaber
Mace would kill Anakin and since Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin survived Geonosis then they could probably hold off most of the clones until Mace joined them. Then I believe the remaining Jedi could overpower the clones.

Wesker
Eh, everyone's avoiding the fact that there was not only some clone troopers, but there was some serious artillery at the jedi temple. It was a military action, not just a purge.

Faroth
Not to mention there were like 50 commanders there.

Fishy
So? Anakin would still get slaughtered... More clone troopers would die...

Like I said in my first post, more Jedi would survive the first wave and then probably get slaughtered later on, but at least Anakin would be dead.

PurpleSaber
If Yoda and Obi-Wan fought through all of those troopers to get to the temple, then don't you think that Fisto, Tiin, Kolar, and Mace could stop the clones with the help of the other Jedi?

Fishy
They didn't fight through a clone army they fought through a few clones guarding one specific area...

No way in hell it can compare.

Jesse7
Cin was Mace's Rival, Anakin defeated Cin in combat that says some thing right their about Anakin being able to defeat Mace Windu or not. Saying that Mace would manhandle Anakin is a bit farfetched, if Anakin could defeat Cin, I think he could defeat Mace.

Aside from that, in the official DVD (I have not confirmed this yet) I have heard that GL stated that Anakin is more powerful then Obi-Wan and is a better duelist (and the only reason he lost was because of his arrogance, this also I have not confirmed yet), and that he defeated Dooku fair and sqaure. So this talk that Dooku purposely lost or was drastically holding back could be dismissed when compared to what GL has said.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
First off they wouldn't even need MAce fisto and the others. The whole hundred clones and ani vs. a hundred Jedi is total BS. If a hundred Jedi can withstand thousands of battle droids. And one Jedi with a few clones can make a differance between loss and defeat. then the jedi at the temple should have no problem defeating the clones. And three Jedi masters aginst anakin would result in Anakin moving around on a skateboard. Also battle droids are better than clones so..yeah. Actually, Bail Organa said "I saw thousands of troops attack the Jedi Temple."

mace=badass
Anakin doesn't kill Shaak Ti, Grievous does. Also, Mace is far beyond Cin. Mace would pretty much tool him.

Captain REX
Technically, there is no canonical version of Shaak Ti's death. The deleted scene was considered to be a 'What If' really.

If the four were present, the Jedi might have a better chance of succeeding.

Still, as Wesker said, this was a military action. The clonetroopers probably had walkers of some sort in there. Rocket launchers. Etc.

And they were mostly Padawans.

Hello Friend
Also battle droids are better than clones so..yeah.

What kinda of bullshit is this?

Fishy
Originally posted by Captain REX
Technically, there is no canonical version of Shaak Ti's death. The deleted scene was considered to be a 'What If' really.

If the four were present, the Jedi might have a better chance of succeeding.

Still, as Wesker said, this was a military action. The clonetroopers probably had walkers of some sort in there. Rocket launchers. Etc.

And they were mostly Padawans.

People claiming that the Jedi will win are fools, however with Mace and the other masters there Anakin could have very well died, they would still have been killed but perhaps Anakin would have been as well. It would have been Mace his greatest target, then again Mace would have been the biggest target for the clones, or perhaps Anakin would have been arrogant enough to say he would take care of them himself.

Blaxican_Jedi
Originally posted by Hello Friend
What kinda of bullshit is this?

Its logical. The clones are good an all. but they still have the imperfection of being distracted. They can get distracted, they have emotions...Droids have no imotions and aere completly focused and have no emotions, making them more lethal.

Fishy
Its logical. The clones are good an all. but they still have the imperfection of being distracted. They can get distracted, they have emotions...Droids have no imotions and aere completly focused and have no emotions, making them more lethal.

But less trained less skilled and far less effective in battle. The clones owned the droids. Sometimes having the ability to think (or actually almots always) makes you more effective in combat, as you won't be running into their lines like a mindless moron who just follows orders.

DE Calvin
They can't think for themselves though..

Captain REX
So I'm a fool now? Gee.

Clones were far better than droids, as if you couldn't tell. The only time when droids own clones is when they are in greater numbers or have heavy weapons, like the Hailfire droids or Spider droids...or something.

Anyways, why is it foolish to think the Jedi would have a shot at victory? With four people who survived the Battle of Geonosis and numerous other conflicts present, especially Mace Windu, they have more of a chance.

Fishy
So I'm a fool now? Gee.

Clones were far better than droids, as if you couldn't tell. The only time when droids own clones is when they are in greater numbers or have heavy weapons, like the Hailfire droids or Spider droids...or something.

Anyways, why is it foolish to think the Jedi would have a shot at victory? With four people who survived the Battle of Geonosis and numerous other conflicts present, especially Mace Windu, they have more of a chance.

Against an army of clones? Possibly walkers rockets the entire temple is surrounded, they would have to have some amazing luck to make it out alive, and if they would then they wouldn't be fighting.

Jedi are good but surviving an army of blaster fire coming their way? No way in hell... Every exit of the temple is going to be surrounded trying to go into space would be suicide, any general with half a brain would make it so that escape is as good as impossible unless your a god and these Jedi although good were not gods.

Captain REX
Okay, I forgot that I had been pointing out the walkers and artillery...

Brotz
There were thousands of clone troopers with air, armor, and artillery support, most of which were made up of the 501st Legion, one of the most elite moderate-sized multi-purpose units involved in the war. However, I do agree the primary reason for the Jedi's defeat was lack of readiness and creativity to deal with the attack. Had the masters stayed there, things might have turned out slightly differently, however, I don't believe Palpatine would have let Vader die, no, he'd probably send reserve waves of clone troopers into the Temple.

Fishy
Palps wouldn't have send Vader to lead the attack if Windu was still there, he would have perhaps joined the attack himself... Unless he was a fool and believed Anakin to be more powerful then Mace, in which case Anakin would have very likely died along with all the other Jedi in the temple...

Blaxican_Jedi
So I'm a fool now? Gee.

Are you talking to me?

Fishy
Are you talking to me?

He was talking to me, I called him a fool..

Sorry Rex stick out tongue

Captain REX
I'm getting you banned! I'm telling Mum! *runs off crying*

I was talking to you about the clones and droids, Blax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.