Canderous Vs Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Canderous is in his mandalorian badass suit of doom, and sporting a good old double bladed vibrosword, and his trademark heavy repeating blaster.

Boba is in his badass bounty hunter suit with the jetpack and all that shite.

PurpleSaber
Hmmmm, I don't know that much about Ordo. I would think Boba though. He could just fly away anytime Canderous got pretty close and shoot him from in the air.

Fishy
Well if Boba could fly away Canderous has some troubles, otherwise i'm going to say Canderous beats him.

He was a general during the Mandelorian Wars, had been fighting for 40 years sometimes against impossible odds was a front line warrior for a long time or perhaps for ever, the most feared Mandelorian mercenary in the outer rim, when there were still a lot of them. Later on became Mandalore, when there were still more Mandelorians then in Boba's time. And he's a Jedi Killer too...

IKC
Eh, I wouldn't discount the advanced armor Fett wears. It's not going to be a curbstomp on either side, by any stretch of the imagination.

Fishy
Canderous his armour isn't exactly weak either. It may be a hell of a lot older but I'm guessing its still very powerful even in later era's. Its more powerful then any armour in that time at least. And almost everybody wore some kind of armour...

Logically his armour would be even more powerful because in a time where almost everybody uses it, Armour in general would really become great.

Wesker
I'd say Canderous has this. While I can't speak for post-OT Fett (Because he's DEAD, dammit.) I can say that OT Fett or before would be destroyed. Fett was a bounty hunter, not a warlord, mercenary, and warrior.

furbys are evil
yes but Boba has rocket one of those will kill Canderous unless canderous is able to survive a friggin rocket laughing

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by furbys are evil
yes but Boba has rocket one of those will kill Canderous unless canderous is able to survive a friggin rocket laughing

confused1

Hello Friend
The jetpack could swing the battle into Fett's favor.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by furbys are evil

Excuse me? Obi-wan survived a hit from a rocket in AOTC with just a robe. I don't see how that will kill Canderous since he has armor that can appartently survive atmospheric re-entry...

Canderous takes this. If a melee fight, Canderous will rip Boba to pieces because sword fighting was big for even non-Jedi back then. He's also got more experince assuming this is like ROTJ Boba. The NJO Boba might win, but there is no real knowledge of his abilities other then that he killed a lot of Vong and liberated several planets from the Vong.

DE Calvin
You're back!! Want me to make you a sig?

Darth_Glentract
Sure. Sorry I've been gone, but school, track, and football have been tough recently. I should be around about normal for a while now.

DE Calvin
cool. I thought you got banned.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by DE Calvin
cool. I thought you got banned.

Nah, I've not done anything against the rules in a few months.

zephiel7
There is always the chance that Canderous blasts Boba's jetback, and then slaughters them bounty hunter where he stands.

Hello Friend
I doubt he could get a clear shot at the Jetpack.

Fishy
With a heavy repeating blaster? He sure as hell has a chance of doing it. and if not, I'd like to see Boba fly fast enough for that..

The jetpack is really Boba his only chance..

IKC
You people seriously underestimate Boba's combat abilities. He is far from a slouch and his armor is more advanced than Canderous'. He has a good chance of winning.

Wesker
I'd really like to see where Boba's armor (That is, a helmet, a breastplate, and some leggings) are going to be more protective than Canderous' full body wargear. Also, like I said, Boba Fett is a bounty hunter, not an elite warrior. Boba is good, and this would be an incredible match up, but Canderous walks away alive more often than not.

IKC
I said it was more advanced, not that it was more protective.

Examples: 360-degree vision, flamethrower, wrist rockets, jetpack, that weird rope thing he tied Luke in, etc.

And come now, don't dismiss his skills by calling him a bounty hunter. Yes, that's his profession, but it doesn't make the combat he was exposed to that wildly different from what Canderous experienced. Combat is combat, really.

Wesker
Well, Canderous is a tank. Boba is the Inspector Gadget of SW. Canderous can probably sit there and soak up most attacks but Boba, really, can't afford to get hit with Ordo's Mandalorian repeater.

IKC
That seems hyperbolic to me. Not even Stormtrooper armor, which Michael Wong has shown to be quite protective, can soak up a direct hit from a blaster. It isn't as if Canderous can sit there and let Boba shoot him.

Fishy
Canderous does have some nice energy shields however that can stop blaster attacks...

Also you are forgetting the guy has been in constant warfare for 40 years often heavily outnumbered and for many years he even fought and killed Jedi. Boba is good just not that good.

Wesker
Originally posted by IKC
That seems hyperbolic to me. Not even Stormtrooper armor, which Michael Wong has shown to be quite protective, can soak up a direct hit from a blaster. It isn't as if Canderous can sit there and let Boba shoot him.

I'm not saying that Canderous' armor is just going to absorb every single hit (Although lord knows how good it really is. I haven't played the game in awhile), but it does offer full body coverage which is a plus. Also, Canderous is pretty damn experienced and a good scrapper. And lastly his weapon of choice is pretty useful. He can lay down a blanket of fire while Boba has to either hope he kills him in the first carbine/rocket shot or try and fly up and avoid the spray. Realistically, in an open setting, I don't see Boba having much of an advatange.

bad_boba017
Hmmmm. I think the jetpack decides this one. That and ALL the gadgets we don't know about in his pants/belt/body/face anywhere. Slim chance for Boba but i'm not sure so i agree that the Jetpack is the deciding factor.

Fishy
Originally posted by bad_boba017
Hmmmm. I think the jetpack decides this one. That and ALL the gadgets we don't know about in his pants/belt/body/face anywhere. Slim chance for Boba but i'm not sure so i agree that the Jetpack is the deciding factor.

well in open space he would still be easily hit by Canderous his heavy repeating blaster. You try avoiding fire from a thing like that..

Hello Friend
When did Canderous kill Jedi?

Wesker
That jetpack wasn't exactly "teh oober fast" or anything. I can hit Boba Fett while he's flying, so I imagine Canderous can.

Fishy
Originally posted by Hello Friend
When did Canderous kill Jedi?

In the Mandelorian wars perhaps? Where he was a general one of Mandalore his captains and one of the greatest champions the Mandelorians had. Mandelorian champions killed Jedi... It was their job, besides I think that Canderous (although I'm not sure) said something about him killing Jedi in Kotor II.

IKC
Killing Jedi during a war and killing Jedi one-on-one are two different feats. We don't laud battle droid #436737 for offing a Jedi at Geonosis.

Wesker
I think there was mention of him killing jedi in one of the games. But yeah, I imagine Canderous pulls a Cheney and takes Boba out by peppering his face.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Killing Jedi during a war and killing Jedi one-on-one are two different feats. We don't laud battle droid #436737 for offing a Jedi at Geonosis.

The big difference here is: Canderous was outnumbered and did so with a sword.

Random battle droid #436737 outnumbered the Jedi with his friends and used a blaster...

IKC
Originally posted by Fishy
The big difference here is: Canderous was outnumbered and did so with a sword.

Random battle droid #436737 outnumbered the Jedi with his friends and used a blaster...

What, Fishy? Out of which left field did this assumption about the circumstances under which Canderous killed a Jedi come from?

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
What, Fishy? Out of which left field did this assumption about the circumstances under which Canderous killed a Jedi come from?

Everything that is said in Kotor... The Mandelorians used Energy shields making it necessary for people to fight in melee combat. In the cave on Korriban we see the republic soldiers run towards the Mandelorians to engage in Melee combat.

We know that the Republic outnumbered the Mandelorians and we know that Jedi served as front line generals and warriors and we know that a lot of Jedi were killed.

So we have

1.) Outnumbered Mandelorians
2.) A lot of Melee fights
3.) Jedi in those fights.
4.) A lot of Jedi being killed during the war fighting Mandelorians.

Logical conclusion, Mandelorians have killed Jedi in Melee fights, especially the greater one's who were known Jedi killers.

IKC
Fishy, the point is you're assuming that those are the circumstances under which Canderous killed a Jedi. You can't prove that, especially when you consider that those circumstances did not persist throughout the entire war. Not every battle was the same.

zephiel7
Canderous fought in the mandalorian wars. Considering his opposition had Jedi, and considering he was one of the top Mandalorian warriors, he would have undoubtedely WTFpawned at least one padawan.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Fishy, the point is you're assuming that those are the circumstances under which Canderous killed a Jedi. You can't prove that, especially when you consider that those circumstances did not persist throughout the entire war. Not every battle was the same.

The 4 points I managed were described in every fight however.

Energy shields were used throughout the entire war, melee fights happened throughout the entire war, Jedi were killed throughout the entire war, logically the Mandelorians would have been outnumbered at almost every battle there was especially when Revan got control of the army's. And Canderous was one of the highest ranking Mandelorians out there... He would have fought and killed Jedi, of course not all of them in Melee fights but he would have done so to at least a few.

IKC
Sorry, no. By the very nature of war, that's impossible. Not every battle is fought the same way. That's like claiming the battle on Mygeeto was fought like the battle of Geonosis. Ergo, your assumptions that those are the conditions under which Canderous killed a Jedi are just that - assumptions.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Sorry, no. By the very nature of war, that's impossible. Not every battle is fought the same way. That's like claiming the battle on Mygeeto was fought like the battle of Geonosis. Ergo, your assumptions that those are the conditions under which Canderous killed a Jedi are just that - assumptions.

Of course not every battle...

But why would the republic soldiers be trained in Melee fights if there was only one Melee fight?

Why would they run at the Mandelorian soldiers if there guns would be more effective (not to mention they went through a mine field to get there)

Why would Malak who was a fighter be described as one that turned the tide of battles if he wans't fighting on the front line.

Why would all the Jedi be described in the same way only lesser if they didn't?

Why would the Mandelorians carry around swords if they were not going to use them?

In most ground battles Jedi, republic soldiers and Mandelorians fought in Melee combat.

IKC
Were all indeed trained to fight melee? Can you provide proof?

Are we considering perhaps that the Mandalorians were behind cover of some kind?

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because he was a Jedi of reasonable strength and tactical skill.

I never said melee fights didn't happen. Surely, Jedi were front-line generals in the Clone Wars too. And?

(Side note: Have these idiots ever heard of tanks?)

Japanese samurai in the Tokugawa period were still required to carry their katanas even though it was a peaceful time.

Hell, infantry now still carry combat knives. I didn't say that melee fights didn't happen, but your assumption that that was all that happened is an erroneous one. Using your logic, I could merely ask why the Republic soldiers still carried blasters.

Prove up.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Were all indeed trained to fight melee? Can you provide proof?

Strange alien guy on Taris in the appartment building: Republic soldiers started getting trained in Melee fights because of energy shields.

Other people said about the same thing (Including Carth Onasi, who was a soldier and could know), I don't have the quotes at hand cause I just cleaned up my room and can't find the thing where I wrote most of them in... However it was said in many occasions during Kotor that much of the fighting was indeed Melee fighting.

So you are implying that the republic soldiers who were standing on one side of the bridge would run over the bridge that was clearly and known to them mined to get to the Mandelorians that were shooting at them, because the Mandelorians were behind cover. Why would they ever do that? They were on the other side of the bridge and could have found cover of their own. They were weaker then Mandelorians and unmotivated to run through the mine field.

The only reason could have been that it was there only chance of victory to run through the mine field and destroy the Mandelorians in Melee combat, something which they would suck in compared to the physically far more powerful and better trained Mandelorians. Unless you can think of another explanation that does not require them to be retards. Also saying there would be any cover besides the bridge is unsupported because the vision showed nothing of that sort. Just a bridge.

Taken from SWkotor.com

"thers were quick to point to Malak's fierce courage and relentless fury at the forefront of every battle as the key to Republic victory."

Doesn't seem to say anything about his tactical skill... Instead the forefront of every battle.. . Again implying if not directly stating that Malak was a front line warrior at most of the battles the republic fought and that there were a lot of them. Otherwise it would not have turned the tide of the war. And reasonable tactical skill? If you would start Kotor you would see clearly in the initial star wars screen roller that Malak has no tactical skill he is a brute that wins because of numbers and heavy attacks. Not becuase he's the greater tactician.

Huge difference there, as the droids couldn't withstand blasterfire, with the exception of a few droids that were constantly bombed from the air. The clones also weren't trained in Melee fights and the droids sure as hell weren't. So I don't see how the two wars compare.

No, they did use battle droids however to destroy the opposition but I never even heard of something like tanks in those wars. And never saw them either... If they were around however we wouldn't have seen them anyways because the worlds the player visits are not really tank friendly, or not in a war...

So the Republic soldiers would carry around swords for ceremonial purposes, I find that hard to believe with the Mandelorians as they nothing of that sort and it was never before indicated. But its impossible to believe that the republic would have something like that. Unless you can prove they carried around swords for anything else then the giving explanation of course.

Infantry of today isn't trained specifically for sword fighting... Also we see that when the Sith invade the Endar Spire that they used swords to do their fighting a gun is always superior to a sword in combat unless of course the gun can't do damage which is then the most logical reason for people to use swords. They were trained in it, they carried around pretty heavy combat swords that could not be used int he same way as a knife.

There is absolutely no logical explanation that could have those guys using swords except for the one stated in the game.

Swords were needed because it was the only way they could really kill each other once both sides had those energy shields. Therefor the Jedi would be fighting Melee fighters a lot.

I believe I just did, anyways its really up to you to prove that there is another reason then the one thats stated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.