Dick Cheney shoots lawyer in hunting accident

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

JacopeX
Agreed, he is also showin a bad example to our country.

Imperial_Samura
So... he shot the lawyaer with a musket? That's what you get for hunting at a black tie dinner function.

Lana
You have no idea how much I laughed when I read about this.

BTW, a link to an article usually helps.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Lana

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060212/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_hunting_accident

haha, right. thanks

whobdamandog
Giving an extreme conservative like Cheney a gun is like giving a 16 year old keys to your sports car..you know an accident is bound to happen at some point..you just don't know when.

agent 009
maybe he should try hunting bears or lions... or terrorists.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by agent 009
... or terrorists.

hysterical

Darth Jello
this might be incensetive, but did this dog come out of the bushes to laugh at him?

Makedde
Is he going to be charged, with misuse of a dangerous weapon? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh wait, he can't, polititions are exempt from criminal charges, aren't they? roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
the real humour is by next week people will have forgotten about this erm

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Giving an extreme conservative like Cheney a gun is like giving a 16 year old keys to your sports car..you know an accident is bound to happen at some point..you just don't know when.

hey!...CHEERS! way to deflect your own point of view!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by a1hsauce
the real humour is by next week people will have forgotten about this erm

no, the real humor is that people this week know nothing about this.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

True. In fact, on the news here it filled the slot at the end of the news hour usually reserved for topical/humorous stories. The ones no one ever watch. I suspect they only showed it so they could display the picture of Cheney in a big squishy orange hunting vest.

Apparently lawyer whoever (age 78) was hit in the head and shoulder by shotgun pellets while out bird shooting with Cheney on a Texas ranch. Didn't know lawyers still went shooting at that age. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Bardock42
Originally posted by a1hsauce
the real humour is by next week people will have forgotten about this erm Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

No the real humour is that.....it was an accident...oh my god someone shot someone else by accident...bi9t he's a politican, so lets make a big deal out of it.

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/cheney.jpg

Gregory
Originally posted by Bardock42
No the real humour is that.....it was an accident...oh my god someone shot someone else by accident...bi9t he's a politican, so lets make a big deal out of it.

No, the real humor is that the heir to the presidential position, the man who is one heartbeat away from becoming the commander and chief of the biggest army and one of the largest (the largest) nuclear arsenals in the world, cannot even handle a musket properly. Hahahahaha...ha...ha ... ... ha?

You're right, not funny.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Gregory
No, the real humor is that the heir to the presidential position, the man who is one heartbeat away from becoming the commander and chief of the biggest army and one of the largest (the largest) nuclear arsenals in the world, cannot even handle a musket properly. Hahahahaha...ha...ha ... ... ha?

You're right, not funny.

Hahhahahaha ...accident no expression

PVS

Morgoths_Wrath
Hahhahahaha ...accident no expression

hope he doesn't contribute to any nuclear accidents

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
hope he doesn't contribute to any nuclear accidents

Well I hope my neighbour doesn't contribute to a nuclear accident...what the **** is your point?

botankus
I think he means he might have fired two bullets, and the second one might have hit a nuclear reactor.

Morgoths_Wrath

Bardock42

botankus
what is it about Dick Cheney that drives you to defend him, anyway?

I believe it would be the same reason that many people like certain people in the news. They like them for whatever reason even though it's a different opinion than yours, and there's nothing wrong with it.

If you worshipped Michael Jackson, it should be cool with everyone else. You could start a Morgoths_Wrath for Michael Jackson Foundation, and no one should complain about it.

Morgoths_Wrath
he can have his opinion, but he's ruining my fun sad

botankus
laughing out loud

Bardock42
he can have his opinion, but he's ruining my fun sad

But increasing his.

Morgoths_Wrath
But increasing his.

fair enough stick out tongue

Gregory
Something can be accidental and still indicitive of vast incompetence.

"So, according to our reports, you plowed the passenger jet you were piloting into a mountain?"
"Yes, but it was an accident."
"Oh, okay then. Your next flight leaves in an hour."

You say, "It was an accident" as if we were suspecting him of trying to kill the lawyer and harvest his organs. No; we all know it was an accident; that doesn't absolve Cheyney from incompetence.

Bardock42
Something can be accidental and still indicitive of vast incompetence.

"So, according to our reports, you plowed the passenger jet you were piloting into a mountain?"
"Yes, but it was an accident."
"Oh, okay then. Your next flight leaves in an hour."

You say, "It was an accident" as if we were suspecting him of trying to kill the lawyer and harvest his organs. No; we all know it was an accident; that doesn't absolve him.

It does in this case.

Gregory
I disagree.

Capt_Fantastic

I never said it was or wasn't an accident. I also never said it was being made too much out of, or not enough. But, it reflects negatively on this administration. And he's the vice president. So, him shooting a man is news worthy. I'm not saying that Bush sent this guy on a hunting trip with Cheney so the VP could rub him out.

Bardock42
I disagree.

Good then.

I never said it was or wasn't an accident. I also never said it was being made too much out of, or not enough. But, it reflects negatively on this administration. And he's the vice president. So, him shooting a man is news worthy. I'm not saying that Bush sne tthis guy on a hunting trip with Cheney so the VP could rub him out.

Oh obviously, it's news worthy, but there'S the crazy notion that everything this Republican Administration does is evil, and every member oif it is either a retard (no offense to retards) or the devil....it's jsut crazy....so much hate over something that trivial.

botankus
that doesn't absolve Cheyney from incompetence.

Or you either, it seems.

PVS
i guess i posted that article for nothing

botankus
Don't feel bad, PVS...that happens a lot in threads where the vital information is on page one.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i guess i posted that article for nothing Yeah...I don't read Articles...I might learn something

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by PVS

what does it mean? that it might not have happened?

Capt_Fantastic
but there'S the crazy notion

Well, call me crazy then.

And I don't hate over this, I think it's funny. I enjoy Cheney looking like a moron.

Bardock42
Well, call me crazy then.

And I don't hate over this, I think it's funny. I enjoy Cheney looking like a moron.

I wasn't really refering to you...just adding my joke to what you said...still as much as I value PVS, xmarksthespot and KharmaDog, everything turns out to be a Republican Bash thread,...which inh many cases is justified..but this time? I mean that can happen to everyone that'S hunting, doesn't really show any incompetence or anything...

I think he means no one read the article he posted on the last page..which, at least in my case, is true.

Shakyamunison
So the vice-president shoots a lawyer? Sounds like the government is finally reading Shakespeare. laughing

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So the vice-president shoots a lawyer? Sounds like the government is finally reading Shakespeare. laughing

He wuz probly tryin' to off the damn shark, and failed! laughing

Alpha Centauri
To be honest, I think there are a lot of people here who love/hate to discuss politics, but do so a lot. I discuss it where necessary, where I'm interested etc.

I do feel there should be a politics off-shoot forum to the GDF though. Or at least a politics thread a la the conspiracy one. Whilst I do rank these threads above Deano's, they're obviously for certain people and I think the GENERAL discussion forum is becoming more like the Political/Political Bashing Forum.

I'm not saying to stop it, not at all. I just think there is a place for that and it's not necessarily the GDF anymore. These people (PVS, KharmaDog etc) are obviously very interesting in politics in many ways, so it's only fair they are given a specific place to discuss.

Personally? I am a little tired of all the "Bush is an idiot" threads. Regardless of how intricate or indeed interesting these threads may be, it all amounts to "Politicians are corrupt." Which is all well and good if you wanna discuss that, but I don't particularly enjoy seeing it all over the GDF.

Just my two, I can live with the threads. Just saying there might be a better way forward.

-AC

PVS

it means that had it not been for the reporter forcing the leak, it might not have happened....to our knowledge. get it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
it means that had it not been for the reporter forcing the leak, it might not have happened....to our knowledge. get it?

Yes, I read it. Well, is it an important fact every citizen needsa to know?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by PVS

got it

Morgoths_Wrath

no, but it makes great news/entertainment!

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
To be honest, I think there are a lot of people here who love/hate to discuss politics, but do so a lot. I discuss it where necessary, where I'm interested etc.

I do feel there should be a politics off-shoot forum to the GDF though. Or at least a politics thread a la the conspiracy one. Whilst I do rank these threads above Deano's, they're obviously for certain people and I think the GENERAL discussion forum is becoming more like the Political/Political Bashing Forum.

I'm not saying to stop it, not at all. I just think there is a place for that and it's not necessarily the GDF anymore. These people (PVS, KharmaDog etc) are obviously very interesting in politics in many ways, so it's only fair they are given a specific place to discuss.

Personally? I am a little tired of all the "Bush is an idiot" threads. Regardless of how intricate or indeed interesting these threads may be, it all amounts to "Politicians are corrupt." Which is all well and good if you wanna discuss that, but I don't particularly enjoy seeing it all over the GDF.

Just my two, I can live with the threads. Just saying there might be a better way forward.

-AC

yeah, I think a politics subforum would be a very good idea for an off-shoot of GDF

PVS

yes, we should know. if i have to read about what a shitty parent brittany spears is, and about who j-lo is fecking, i sure as shit better be able to find out whether or not our vice president popped a cap in someones ass.

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, I think a politics subforum would be a very good idea for an off-shoot of GDF

or maybe a News/Current Events subforum

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by PVS
yes, we should know. if i have to read about what a shitty parent brittany spears is, and about who j-lo is fecking, i sure as shit better be able to find out whether or not our vice president popped a cap in someones ass.

word

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I do feel there should be a politics off-shoot forum to the GDF -AC

You know, I thought about proposing this, but then it occured to me that maybe if the admins broke the forum up into too many different subgroups, while more organized and easier for people to avoid topics that they dislike, there won't be anything 'general' to discuss. Not that it would be a bad thing.

Bardock42
no, but it makes great news/entertainment!

It certainly does....and I found it amusing...but well...not very important anyways.

Originally posted by PVS

Yeah, kind of like the whole nation needs to know who the President is screwing...no wait, they don't....Politicians are citizens also..they do have rights....

botankus
You know, I thought about proposing this, but then it occured to me that maybe if the admins broke the forum up into too many different subgroups, while more organized and easier for people to avoid topics that they dislike, there won't be anything 'general' to discuss. Not that it would be a bad thing.

Just direct me away from the NAMBLA subgroup forum, and I'm fine with it.

Bardock42

Problem is "General" and "Politics" do overlap a lot.

PVS
Yeah, kind of like the whole nation needs to know who the President is screwing...no wait, they don't....Politicians are citizens also..they do have rights....

ummm, not to pop your bubble, but such a case among citizens woould also be reported in the media. of coarse with less volume given the lack of fame.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
ummm, not to pop your bubble, but such a case among citizens woould also be reported in the media. of coarse with less volume given the lack of fame.

I am saying it shouldn't....if you believe it or not...Politicians do deserve some sort of privacy.

Morgoths_Wrath
I am saying it shouldn't....if you believe it or not...Politicians do deserve some sort of privacy.

so do celebrities, but they certainly don't get it

Bardock42
so do celebrities, but they certainly don't get it

Your point? Cause they don't no one should?

Morgoths_Wrath
Your point? Cause they don't no one should?

no, my point is that just because they SHOULD get it doesn't mean they are going to

Bardock42
no, my point is that just because they SHOULD get it doesn't mean they are going to

Yes....but they should....damn, can someone tell me why I am even argueing in here..I don't care for Cheney. I realized that my opinion (besides being inherently right) is not in any way useful to the thread...so, continue where you were when I entered this Thread....do it, just DO IT.

PVS

the price of fame and power. cry me a river

GCG
Originally posted by PVS

What reporters were asking at a conference earlier, was why was the incident made public by a neighbour rather than the sheriff's office, who is supposed to be informed immediatly in a case like this.

Darth Jello
i repeat...

Quiero Mota
^ I haven't played that game (or even seen it) in years, homes! Reminds me of the '80s......back N tha day......

Makedde
I hear the incident is being covered up...

Darth Jello
THEY USED DUCK HUNT AS A "RE-ENACTMENT OF THE INCIDENT ON THE DAILY SHOW!!!! I CALLED IT!!!! YEAH!!!!

office jesus
HA HA HA .....Buckshot.

Makedde
It pisses me off that he won't be charged, just warned, when he never had a licence to shoot in the first place. If it was anyone else...

powerfulone1987
I didn't believe it at first until I heard about it on news today.

is it comprehensible.....

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Makedde
It pisses me off that he won't be charged, just warned, when he never had a licence to shoot in the first place. If it was anyone else...

There's hunting accidents every year, and really, what can ya do if its an accident?........other than send them a Get Well Card.

Makedde
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
There's hunting accidents every year, and really, what can ya do if its an accident?........other than send them a Get Well Card.

I know it was an accident, my point is that he wasn't licenced.

Darth Jello
i think it's telling that he can't shoot animals unless their caged, crippled, or slow.

a1hsauce
thisll make an excellent SNL bit yes

Darth Jello
i also liked the ed helms coment that he sleeps in Darth Vader's "black egg"

eleveninches
There is NO WAY that this was a "hunting ACCIDENT "

Mindship
Originally posted by Makedde
Is he going to be charged, with misuse of a dangerous weapon? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh wait, he can't, polititions are exempt from criminal charges, aren't they? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Meanwhile, the victim has taken a turn for the worse.
Question: if he dies, then we have a manslaughter case, do we not?
Let's see the Rectal Orifices in power wiggle their way outta that one.
Hmm. "Weekend at Bernie's" anyone? They can prop him up with Iraqi WMDs.

Capt_Fantastic
The real stink that people are making out of this is coming from the media. The media are crying because it was a gun shot wound, gun shot wounds are to be reported to the police by the medical officials who treat the victim, however this procedure wasn't followed. The White House knew that they couldn't keep it under wraps forever, and they just needed a few minutes to come up with a story to spin it.

Of course, let's not forget how long it took to consider the upside to this event. The VP, out in the woods, doing some innocent hunting and accidentally shoots a guy. HEY! It could happen to ANY upstanding, red state, gun toting, bible passage reading, married a woman, ultraconservative! I can assure you, when this guy started to bleed, he was in the presence of a good man, and he only bled red white and blue! And why get worked up over not telling anyone? He's the vice president! He deserves to be treated better than any other citizen.

And you know, I do think this is news worthy. I also have to wonder why the secret service is even involved in his day to day activities? When involed in situations like this, I have to ask myself what the difference is between an agent concerned with the protection of the nations interests, and a thug hired to stalk around and make the guy feel important.

PVS
this just in:

"tonight the Vice President is standing by his decision to shoot Harry Whittington. Now according to the best intelligence available, there were quail hidden in the brush. Everyone believed at the time-there-were-quail in the brush. And while the quail turned out to be the 78 year old man. Even knowing that today, Mr. Cheney insists-he still would have shot Mr. Whittington in the face."

ok fine, that was from the daily show stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
this just in:

"tonight the Vice President is standing by his decision to shoot Harry Whittington. Now according to the best intelligence available, there were quail hidden in the brush. Everyone believed at the time-there-were-quail in the brush. And while the quail turned out to be the 78 year old man. Even knowing that today, Mr. Cheney insists-he still would have shot Mr. Whittington in the face."

ok fine, that was from the daily show stick out tongue

eek! I would have shoot too, he's a lawyer. eek!

papabeard

hahahahahahahahahahahaha laughing laughing

I saw that, the Daily Show rules.

botankus
I haven't followed this story too closely. How many Dan Quayle jokes have been made?

papabeard
So many ive lost count...............hahahah

Makedde
I hope the guy dies and Cheney gets charged with manslaughter. What a blow for the White House.

PVS
meh, dont wish for that.
the dying part i mean

Koala MeatPie
Letterman Does Dick Cheney

http://www.youtube.com/w/Letterman covers Cheney's shooting press conference?v=dReE6zbmH7U&eurl=

PVS
February 17th, 2006 1:25 pm
Whittington Discharged from Hospital

Associated Press

(02/17/06 -- CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS) - Harry Whittington, the man who was accidently shot by Vice President Cheney, says he's a "lucky person."

Whittington is being discharged from a Texas hospital today. He spoke to reporters outside.

He said, "Accidents do and will happen." And he says that's what happened last week.

Whittington says the event brought a "cloud of misfortune and sadness." He says he's sorry for what Cheney and his family has gone through. And he said he sends them his love and respect "as they deal with situations much more serious than what we have had this week."

Doctors say Whittington is in "excellent health" and "good spirits."

Koala MeatPie
"He shot me so I send him and his familly my love and respect" ?

Anybody esle see a problem here? confused

Pandemoniac
Prime example of the american way; aiming lethal firepower but failing to kill as they shoot.

ElectricBugaloo
I colleted all the joeks from the night after well, not the night after, but that Monday. Daily Show, Letterman, Leno, Ferguson, hell, even Kimmel had a funny line or two.

the funniest thing, though, was when Whittington, unfathomably, apologized to cheney for the trouble he causes cheney! What the hell? Why does the guy who was shot apologize for the trouble of the guy who shot him?

Now THAT is a loyal fundraiser.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Darth Jello
this might be incensetive, but did this dog come out of the bushes to laugh at him?
You win the prize. That dog is awesome.

Deano
http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/cheney_shooting_scientific_proof.htm

Arachnoidfreak
bahaha, the man who gets shot in the face apologizes to Cheney, wtf is that!?

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/most_recent/index.jhtml

Click "Shot at Redemption" for the Daily Show's view on it, its great

Darth Jello
the secret service destroyed records of cheney's blood work from the investigation. no question, he was drunk.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth Jello
the secret service destroyed records of cheney's blood work from the investigation. no question, he was drunk.

yep

FeceMan
http://malcontent.typepad.com/malcontent/images/cheneyduckhunt.jpg

Deano
http://rense.com/1.imagesH/cheney_tenways.jpg

FeceMan
Yeah, I was considering posting that one. I liked the duck hunt one better, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.