Powerful Mutant?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

apocalyptic
Hello, i was trying to find a mutant simillar but more powerful then storm and i think i have finally come across such a mutant her name is Meggan at a glance some of her powers (which are pretty advanced)are Shapeshifting,Empathy,Flight,ability to see energy auras,telekinesis,ability to control natural elements, cause electromagnetic pulses, she can also increase the powers of other elemental mutants so maybe she can do the oppasite, powerful energy blasts, superhuman strength, control mystical energies,adapt to surroundings and if she takes on the appearance of another mutant, she also gains their mutant powers.

I think her only weakness is that she is vulnerable to telepathic manipulation but i am sure if storm can block telepathy maybe meggan can.

For full view of her powers go on wikipedia or answers.com and type in meggan.

So basically she is many mutants in one and i would say a big contender for one of the powerfullest mutants, any opinions.

Also does any one know if magnetokinetic is one of her powers and is there a mutant like marrow but instead of shooting wooden spikes they are able to shoot metal spikes or both, cheers.

rox
never heard of her. but storm has beaten more powerful mutants ie. magneto

Crimson Phoenix
Meggan isnt really a mutant. Besides, there are tonnes more more powerful mutants: Phoenix, magneto, X-man, Scarlet Witch to name a few

steverules
Originally posted by rox
never heard of her. but storm has beaten more powerful mutants ie. magneto

But magneto has beaten Storm as well. I think wolverine has beaten Magneto, he has beaten a clone of mags I believe, who was the same level as magneto. He beheaded a magneto that SW had created, who had killed Jean Grey. Magneto admitted that wolverine was his most visceral enemy, before ripping the adamantium from wolverines bones............that was a good issue.

Disappear
meggan's mutancy has never been cleared up, as far as i know. she may or may not be a mutant, depending on how you look at certain situations. anyway, she's dead, so it's unimportant until her eventual return. where ever you got that "takes on their appearance, gets their powers" line is clearly wrong. meggan's taken on a nightcrawler-esque appearance, but never teleported. she and rachel were mixing and matching appearances, colors and costumes for a while, but that was due to rachel's telepathy screwing with meggan's empathic nature. never seen her use any telekinetic ability, either. also, the majority of feats on that list are just byproducts of her empathic ability.

magnetokinetic isn't a word. and meggan may or may not control various "electromagnetic" feats through her other branching abilities. she's not on the same level as magneto by any means, and likely isn't as strong as storm or crystal in summoning storm-like phenomena. she just has a much broader range.

the only mutant who can shoot metal spikes, that i can think of, was mercury. she only ever did it, as far as i know, in a "future" storyline that was implanted in prodigy's head by moonstar and emma frost. and marrow doesn't shoot wooden spikes, she shoots bone projectiles.

apocalyptic
lol its Magnokinesis not magnetokinetic. The information regarding "takes on their appearance, gets their powers" was taken from this site http://www.answers.com/topic/meggan?method=22

It was written on wikipedia that she has caused electromagnetic pulses she may not have magneto like powers but just having this power is pretty powerful, can cause a lot of damage? it also says she has dabbled with psychokinetic which i think is another word for telekenesis.

"the majority of feats on that list are just byproducts of her empathic ability"

Not sure what is meant by that but if she can still use these powers then she has a lot of power. Also it was mentioned that she once morphed into a Godzilla-like dragon and actually breathed fire.

Didnt know she was dead, but anyway, her powers could advance, i still think she is a good contender to be considered as one of the powerfullest mutants anyway thats just my opinion, not that much knowledge on x-men.

I thought marrows powers was simillar to spykes, looked liked he shot wooden spykes from his body, so just assumed. Thanks for your reply.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by apocalyptic
lol its Magnokinesis not magnetokinetic. The information regarding "takes on their appearance, gets their powers" was taken from this site http://www.answers.com/topic/meggan?method=22

It was written on wikipedia that she has caused electromagnetic pulses she may not have magneto like powers but just having this power is pretty powerful, can cause a lot of damage? it also says she has dabbled with psychokinetic which i think is another word for telekenesis.

"the majority of feats on that list are just byproducts of her empathic ability"

Not sure what is meant by that but if she can still use these powers then she has a lot of power. Also it was mentioned that she once morphed into a Godzilla-like dragon and actually breathed fire.

Didnt know she was dead, but anyway, her powers could advance, i still think she is a good contender to be considered as one of the powerfullest mutants anyway thats just my opinion, not that much knowledge on x-men.

I thought marrows powers was simillar to spykes, looked liked he shot wooden spykes from his body, so just assumed. Thanks for your reply.

Um you were the one to say Magnetokinetic so you're correcting yourself. It's most powerful mutant, not powerfullest.

And Spyke from X-men Evolution I assume you mean, had a replicating exoskeleton that allowed him to shoot out BONE spikes just like Marrow. Contrary to popular belief, they weren't wood.

Disappear
taking on their appearance and powers, like i said, isn't really a power of hers. she's an empathic shapeshifter, making her body change shape in response to the emotions of those around her, or to her own liking. during a time of mutual attraction to nightcrawler, she turned into a female version of what could be considered his "race," but immediately turned back when brian came a'calling. i already mentioned the rachel thing. she also turned into what appeared to be a pixie-like body of light when around people who were that type of lifeform. this is where the "meggan's not a mutant" idea comes from, as it was said the pixies reacting as if welcoming back a princess, or something to that accord. it's never really been cleared up.

any of meggan's feats that could be considered "psychokinetic" aren't, they just achieve the same result. for instance, she once beckoned several floors of the muir island research facility to simply open so she could descend through the levels. and they did. that doesn't seem to fit for an "elemental" power set. however, she was actually coercing the very makeup of the floor to move for her through her empathic link with all things natural. the floor could have moved in any number of ways, as she wasn't truly directing it, simply asking it to achieve a certain feat.

she turned into lava once. that was cool.

she's not "electrokinetic," nor does she control the electromagnetic spectrum. and, she's dead. so she's not a contender anymore. and she wasn't a contender to begin with, as there are dozens of mutants more powerful than her.

apocalyptic
I know she is dead and maybe not a mutant, but im sure if they wanted to they could resurrect her somehow, and i still think the writers ( or whoever) could make her a powerful mutant, they could alter her powers to make her do the what i mentioned and much more, surely there is a way around this, lets just say she could do all the things mentioned that would make her pretty powerful, obessed i know lol, thats my opinion and i am sticking with it, where did you got all your information on her, cheers.

Disappear
reading comics, and reading issue summaries at UXN

LordKaos
All i have to say here is that Meggan is more powerful than we know, her empathic nature made her naive, but whatever the case she was able to harness the power of the beyond and halt the chaos wave, the same chaos wave that obliterated and reformed Storm and Magneto (neither could sense it coming, but Meggan could and she held it at bay).

RisingStorm
I read she's a fairie...not a mutant, I am not sure if that's true anymore.

LordKaos
whatever she is she's all i said and more.

RisingStorm
She's connected to earth more than anyone I think. She can empathize with everything natural and that's why her capabilities are seemingly endless. But when it comes to mastery, she doesn't have it. Yes, she is versatile, but without knowledge of her full potential is a disadvantage during battle like a battle between Magneto and Joseph.

It's too bad they killed her off. I mean her powers are still fully discovered and I would've love to know more about her. She is one of my favorite Excalibur and I think the only one that hinders her character to shine is that she is too much preoccupied with Brian Braddock.

And I read she's only strong within the British Isles, outside of it, her strength and enery is deteriorating, like a fairie would feel...but anyway, she's strong and very powerful. A battle with her and Storm would be pointless. If she can empathize with everything natural, she can't possibly be hurt by lightning or just about anything Storm can conjure up. All she can do is blow her out the Isles and weaken her.

Knightfall93
that's cool. Is Brian Braddock Captain Britain?

LordKaos
She lost the weakness thing way back in inferno when she flew to
New York to become the goblin princess, one can assume that since the blond form she took on was based on Brians emotions that she may have subconsciously mimicked his weakness (being away from Britain). Yeah it was shame they killed her , she was the only reason I used to buy Excalibur, she was highly underrated.

Knightfall93
Isnt nightcrawler in Excalibur?

LordKaos
he was until it disbanded along with Shadowcat, Wolfsbane and Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.