Edward Furlong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
yo! wus up people! i just wached T2 for the 10000000000000 time yesterday and i must say that it ism beautifully made. Now i only seen T3 once cuz i hate it. One HUGE REASON i hate it is because of the cast. Why did they have to take out furlong the kid who played John conner in the T2. For the time when T3 was filmed furlong was great for the role considering he is older now, just liek it is in he movie.! It would have been perfect! tha little thing dissipointed me from the moment i saw the trailer. The movie sux.. wut do u guys think? wouldnt it been better with furlong?

Makedde
Furlong wasn't in T3 because he's a little ****in shit now. smile

nastyyy
Anybody have his pic of the movie?

chriscaffee
I don't think Furlong would have added anything substantial to T3, in fact I think Stahl's performance as John Connor was one of the movie's good points.

Makedde
^Furlong would have ruined it.

alic88
ya nick stahl actually did a fairly good job

barand1
I think Stahl is one of the best things to come out of T3. He done a really great job as John, and really brings much needed character elements to that role. The same with Clair Danes. Arnold is always great...of course.

Vladimir
Well i think that they could have used furlong considering his age and everythin! it wuold have been more realistic. seeing him 10 years ago as a kid, and now he is all really grown up and the terminator comes back an all.. i would have been a whole lotta better. do u guys know whether they offered him to play the role at all? or they never if considered him to play JC again...

Makedde
I heard that while they were filming T2, Eddie's voice started to break, so they had to voice dub him, whatever that is...

barand1
It means they had to go back, in post production (putting the film together - editing, sound effects, special effects etc), to re-record Eddie's lines in the film (using Eddie himself) over the scenes in which his voice was starting to break.

NoFate007
I didn't think Stahl was that great, but he was leagues better than Danes. She was so disgusting in that film that anybody who is into acting should (and did) cringe when watching it lol.

I'd have preferred Furlong, but if I remember correctly, he was heavily tied up in drugs at that point and in rehab. That's why he couldn't have done it.

Stahl's look though, I do like. He sort of had the boyish aspects of T2 John but in a way also resembled Reese. I think if they do a T4 they should get Michael Biehn to play Future John, since he doesn't look like Reese anymore but being aged, looks almost like he could play "John that looks a lot like his father, but older than both were ever seen to be" very easily.

Of course that'll never happen, especially when we have so many people that want The Rock to be the new terminator...ugh...

barand1
I don't think that there should be a new terminator in T4.

Anyone else agree?

vvvrulz
Yep I do, it should focus more on the war specifically.

Back to the topic, I thought Stahl was awful to be honest, and despite furlong being in trouble lately, they could have at least found someone 'similar' to him. ie with a sense of rebellion and adventure.

Stahl was just.. too dull !

barand1
In T2 Connor was just a kid with attitude. Nothing more, nothing less. He may of had balls in T2 for a kid, but those balls have grown in T3 and relised what a nightmare is actually going to happen. Now that is scary. Would you be scared and frightened or would you be big headed and go in blazing with all you got?

I think the Connor in T3 is believable. I like that Connor. I could relate more to Stahl's Connor than Furlong's. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's because I'm not American.

vvvrulz
I'm not Amercian either, haha.

I just don't see such a big personality change, most of the way he thought the nightmare was over (as he grew up). So there really isnt any need to become the scared, frightened John Conner we saw.

In T2 he was destined to be a leader, in T3? Even Kate Brewster was more decisive than him.

barand1
It seemed as though Connor in T3 was in shock most of the time. Which I guess I would be if I saw walking machines all over the place trying to kill!

No I liked what they did with the character. You can't please everyone. stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
I say a combination of both descriptions you've both given, balanced and affective.

o kiMMii o
Vladimir i agree with you, im sure lots of t fans would of been pleased if they used furlong instead.

JohnnyDo3
T3 sucks "John Connor" the great leader of mankind is a badass but Nick Stahl aint cutting it he was acting like a WUSS man Edward Furlong would do better because he's a badass

barand1
whistle

vvvrulz
Or at least someone more tough minded.

o kiMMii o
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
T3 sucks "John Connor" the great leader of mankind is a badass but Nick Stahl aint cutting it he was acting like a WUSS man Edward Furlong would do better because he's a badass
lmao a junkie badass

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8176/edwardft23djq9.jpg

Hey he looks pretty cool here in T2-3D, if only he took care of himself alot more, hey they would of easily got him in shape for T3 mad

vvvrulz
Man T3 would've been ten times better with him on board ^

TheFilmProphet
Personally, I would not have gone with Edward or Nick for T3. Although with the script written for the film, Connor would have turned out badly done either way.

o kiMMii o
vvvrulz - yeah i was pretty pissed they didnt use him.

TheFilmProphet - The reason why i would ive gone with Edward is because i would have liked them to use all the original characters and hold on to it. Its like what if they didnt use Arnold? wouldnt be the same wouldnt it?

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by o kiMMii o
vvvrulz - yeah i was pretty pissed they didnt use him.

TheFilmProphet - The reason why i would ive gone with Edward is because i would have liked them to use all the original characters and hold on to it. Its like what if they didnt use Arnold? wouldnt be the same wouldnt it?

I've believed that very concept for years....but given Edward's state during the years and especially during T3 it would not be very logical. Perhaps an unknown actor with the necessary attributes and characteristics would have been best.

Additionally, Arnold's role in the series is significantly different than that of Edward; Arnold was set to play the Terminator himself throughout the series, but based on T2 it can possibly be argued that his role was to merely bring to life the pre-teen or teen Conner to life. Connor must eventually become a credible warrior and leader....and frankly in my opinion there are other actors out there who can translate such character basis better than Nick or Edward.

vvvrulz
Actually like TFP said earlier, the script for John Conner sucks.

With those lines, its no wonder Nick was so 'wimped out'.

TMACalicious
Stahl looked like a monkey. That's all I can say. John Connor certainly changed a lot during puberty too (but it's a movie, so anything is possible).

smile

o kiMMii o
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I've believed that very concept for years....but given Edward's state during the years and especially during T3 it would not be very logical. Perhaps an unknown actor with the necessary attributes and characteristics would have been best.

Additionally, Arnold's role in the series is significantly different than that of Edward; Arnold was set to play the Terminator himself throughout the series, but based on T2 it can possibly be argued that his role was to merely bring to life the pre-teen or teen Conner to life. Connor must eventually become a credible warrior and leader....and frankly in my opinion there are other actors out there who can translate such character basis better than Nick or Edward.
True i guess, i would of liked to see an unknown actor with similar characteristics.

Depprived
The John Connor of T3 was nondescript and dull. I could not buy him as the future leader of The Resistance. At least Furlong's Connor had some energy and drive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.