getting rid of passwords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Rev
if there way to get rid of password on a computer if your not the admin??

dave123
You can get rid of your own password, yeah

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Rev
if there way to get rid of password on a computer if your not the admin??

Elaborate.

The Rev
i want to get rid of the admins password with out logging in on his acount cause i cant log in so basically i want to hack the computer and log into admn profile and make me the admin again but i cant do that cause i dont know the admins(my dad's) password

Koala MeatPie
i want to get rid of the admins password with out logging in on his acount cause i cant log in so basically i want to hack the computer and log into admn profile and make me the admin again but i cant do that cause i dont know the admins(my dad's) password

Gotcha.

Insert Windows XP CD, Re-install the computer.

TA-DA.

KENobi™

Umm...talk to your dad about it.

Koala MeatPie
Actually I sorta told you how, I have done it before.

I just did not think about it untill now.

As I said, Insert your Windows XP CD and beging to re-install the computer.

Ounce you get back to the part to chose the Administrator and Such, Enter his Account name.

Do not choose a password.

Ta-Da.

At least I think thats how I did it.

It will either work, or create a copy of windows ontop of the existing one and you will loose memory.

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Actually I sorta told you how, I have done it before.

I just did not think about it untill now.

As I said, Insert your Windows XP CD and beging to re-install the computer.

Ounce you get back to the part to chose the Administrator and Such, Enter his Account name.

Do not choose a password.

Ta-Da.

At least I think thats how I did it.

It will either work, or create a copy of windows ontop of the existing one and you will loose memory.

Which to be honest isn't a risk worth taking.

Lana
When you pop in the Windows XP CD and try to reinstall Windows, it will completely wipe your harddrive and all existing information.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Lana
When you pop in the Windows XP CD and try to reinstall Windows, it will completely wipe your harddrive and all existing information.

Which is why I suggested it.

No Information, no Passwords.

its the only *safe* way.

Jedi Priestess
So I assume you will be driving over to The Rey's house and explaining to his dad why his hard drive was wiped clean then?

KENobi™
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Which is why I suggested it.

No Information, no Passwords.

its the only *safe* way.

Actually it's not.

Every copy of Windows has a back door, my cousin showed it to me once, but I forgot how to do it.

His brother stepped away from the computer and logged off and my cousin rebooted it and did some stuff and by the time my other cousin came back, the password was changed.

This only took 5 minutes, maybe less.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.