Hush fighting Batman (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Irish Wolverine
I read Hush last year, and I liked it. However, one thing bothers me. Batman is supposed to be one of the greatest martial artists in the DC Universe, but he can't beat a damn surgeon in hand-to-hand combat? The fight should've lasted 4 seconds instead of Hush getting away. Can anyone explain this?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Irish Wolverine
I read Hush last year, and I liked it. However, one thing bothers me. Batman is supposed to be one of the greatest martial artists in the DC Universe, but he can't beat a damn surgeon in hand-to-hand combat? The fight should've lasted 4 seconds instead of Hush getting away. Can anyone explain this?

Is it settled that Tommy was Hush anyways? ANd did you see his back? The guy is strong.

Etrigan
Let me clear that up.

It was never actually fully revealed that Tommy is Hush, now that DC have backed themselves into a corner with his identity.

Given that Tommy Elliot IS Hush, remember. Tommy has been planning Bruce's death at his hands ever since they were children. He has had just as much time to train and prepare as Batman has. Plus, on shots of him, he is quite muscular.

He must have trained in martial arts, considering he used some pretty nifty martial arts moves in their fight. And he is definitely a skilled gunsman, having shot three batarangs out of the air.

Personally, I'd say whoever Hush is, he is Batman's almost equal in H2H. PLus, Batman was weakened from where Hush punched a blade through his hand, and blew the Batmobile up in his face.

SpyCspider
this also bothered me a bit too...since he's fighting Killer Croc in the beginning and then Ras and then even Superman and Clayface. And now....he's battling Dr. Tommy Elliot...world-famous surgeon...and having a hard time doing it.

I like Etrigan's explanation.

Knightfall93
Well explained, Etty

Xirius
Originally posted by Etrigan
Let me clear that up.

It was never actually fully revealed that Tommy is Hush, now that DC have backed themselves into a corner with his identity.

Given that Tommy Elliot IS Hush, remember. Tommy has been planning Bruce's death at his hands ever since they were children. He has had just as much time to train and prepare as Batman has. Plus, on shots of him, he is quite muscular.

He must have trained in martial arts, considering he used some pretty nifty martial arts moves in their fight. And he is definitely a skilled gunsman, having shot three batarangs out of the air.

Personally, I'd say whoever Hush is, he is Batman's almost equal in H2H. PLus, Batman was weakened from where Hush punched a blade through his hand, and blew the Batmobile up in his face.
Indeed, Tommy was just as driven as Bruce. Hes kind of like Batman: through the looking glass

Knightfall93
Dark Bat... The Shadow of the Bat

Superherovandal
hes kinda like an ANti Bat. But i bet he'll be jobberized soon and be beaten by Alfred just like Prometheus.

Etrigan
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Well explained, Etty

*bow left*

*bow right*

Thankyou, thankyou. And nice nickname. Etty. I can live with that.

Knightfall93
LOL. Alfred's a bad ass... he could pound Bane, Ra's and Hush all in one cramped up little room! Oh, and the bad guys would get help from Prometheus, Darkseid and Doomsday but Alfie woulkd win every time!

Etrigan
Whaa? When did Alfred beat Prom! ARGH!

Knightfall93
I dunno but I feel real sorry for Prom... he had to go up against ALLFRED... alone! I mean, Alfred pounded Parallax with just his walking stick and a thing of silver polish!

Etrigan
Heh. Prom beat Batman once, but couldn't take his butler.

Pathetic...

Knightfall93
hey, Alfred could beat batman AND Prom with all 4 limbs ted behind his back and blindfolded...

Zarathustra
Didn't Alfred clock Prometheus in the head with a fire extinguisher or something like that?
Anyway, concerning a villain whose sole motivation is "My mommy didn't die as early as I would have liked because your daddy saved her", I accept just about any improbable bullshit as par for the course.

Knightfall93
Hey, Alfie managed to hold off like 30 thugs in The Chalice! He even diuscovered, and stopped, Catwoman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.