what do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AC/DC'S_LVR
im doing an essay/report in my english class and i wanted to know what you guys thought on the subject
does popular music teach immoral values?
this is a straight up no jokes thread and i would like some real answers

rickyduck
As ive already said, modern music (hip hop, r&b) is sort of influencing people to do things they wouldnt normally do, like criminal actions, but also death metal is at quite a high nowadays, which influences people to do bad things aswell

AC/DC'S_LVR
like i said im in the middle stupid people will follow whatever you say but people who know better wont

rickyduck
Unless they arent stupid, but they just believe in what their role models say

AC/DC'S_LVR
what does your sig mean?

rickyduck
What do the lyrics mean?

Its all about Syd Barrett going crazy and ( I think) committing suicide

AC/DC'S_LVR
ohh okay

AC/DC'S_LVR
where is everyone?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by rickyduck
Unless they arent stupid, but they just believe in what their role models say

Which also falls under the "Stupid" catagory, if the role model is saying "Shoot someone" and the person does it.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
im doing an essay/report in my english class and i wanted to know what you guys thought on the subject

Depends at which level you are writing.

Pandemoniac
Music (and the lyrics) can influence a person in his/her behaviour. When an artist becomes an idol in the listeners mind, the thoughts expressed trough the music can become definitions when the listener can't fully cope with reality and desires the (often unreal) ways of life spoken of in the music.
The less you have, the more you crave to fill your life.
Mostly, listeners aren't afflicted in their actions by the lyrics of even their most favorite artists, but sometimes people are so empty that they adapt the message in lyrics and the actions of the artist. Sadly it mostly concerns the more aggressive kinds of music, leading to wannabe gangsters and such.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Depends at which level you are writing.
what's that supposed to mean? mad mad mad

-hh-
depends on what you are listening to.Originally posted by rickyduck
As ive already said, modern music (hip hop, r&b) is sort of influencing people to do things they wouldnt normally do, like criminal actions, but also death metal is at quite a high nowadays, which influences people to do bad things aswell that's a generalization

AC/DC'S_LVR
how coe no ones voting?

-hh-
how coe no ones voting? because it does and it doesn't. it depends on the listener and what he/she is listening to.

Makedde
A lot of music nowadays, especially rap artists, sexualise women in their songs. I hate that, women are not sex objects.

-hh-
Originally posted by Makedde
A lot of music nowadays, especially rap artists, sexualise women in their songs. I hate that, women are not sex objects. and yet you just said in another thread that you are starting to like 50 cent

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by -hh-
and yet you just said in another thread that you are starting to like 50 cent

I was just about to say that

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I was just about to say that

laughing Me too!

Inspectah Deck
Deja Vu! eek!...........confused

-hh-
laughing out loud no expression

Tptmanno1
If people are influenced by music to go do bad things, They are just sheep-ish in general and its not the musics fault, they would be influenced by almost anything. Music just happened to be there at the right time and place. Coulda been somethign on TV, a movie, Something someone said... ect.

Koala MeatPie
Watch this And you will compleatly Undersatnd (ALL parts, Absolutly worth every second of it)

The Merchants Of Cool

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Makedde
A lot of music nowadays, especially rap artists, sexualise women in their songs. I hate that, women are not sex objects.

Nobody's forcing these girls to do it, nobody's putting a gun to their head and making them shake their asses, be objectified or such, they choose to. They also get paid money for doing it, a lot of money in many cases. These girls have it pretty good.

Get objectified for a couple hours on a set, get a wad of cash to feed yourself and your family for a year, right? I think their lack of morals and standards is disturbing, but f*ck it. They chose that road.

"YOU ARE BEING OBJECTIFIED!" "Yeah but I chose t..." "NO! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!" "No you don't get it. I want to danc..." "THIS IS A DISGRACE!"

-AC

Refused

No, you guys already said it, its only the brain dead people who are being manipulated.

Thank god for the other side though.

"the underground is the morale high ground" -ian mckaye

AC/DC'S_LVR
wow i didn't think this was such a sensitive subject anywhere else but my school in wash high it's football and music nothing else

AC/DC'S_LVR
where did everyone go?!!!!????

AC/DC'S_LVR
why doesnt anyone post?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.