Favorite kind of fruit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
Well? Choose your fruit!

sithsaber408
Mango.

Definately.

Ever had a Mango Madness from Jamba juice? big grin

Chedder Fart..1
strawberries...

Lana
Peaches, strawberries, and cherries.

Chedder Fart..1
lana is a mod, don't say anything wrong people

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Chedder Fart..1
lana is a mod, don't say anything wrong people

She's not mean, she's cute!

Like my little sister.

(Actually, she's younger than my little sister. Now I feel old!)

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Lana
cherries.

oohhh, forgot about cherries droolio

Thorin
pear, i love bartlet pears.droolio

redcaped
A mixed juice.

Thorin
but juice isnt fruit. unless its from eating mixed fruit.

redcaped
It is fruit everywhere.

fini
OMG, I couldn't choose.

Where is the multiple answer section
I'll take Mangoes, grapefruit, strawberries, pear.

oh oh I cant choose. Wow, and I thought that I could.

KENobi™
Strawberries are my top favorite, followed by grapes, kiwi, granny smith apple, orange

redcaped
Pear is sweet and decent...better than apple.

Koala MeatPie
*Polly Voice*

MANGO! MANGO! MANGO!

redcaped
Pear is soft and more graceful.

Solo
I'm a Kiwi kind of person.

Morning_Glory
naners and peaches and pinapples and strawberries and cantalopes hungry

YUM

Makedde
Apples, but only green ones.

Bloigen
Rhubarb.

JacopeX
I voted mango

Maya Zurak
Strawberries bunny
http://www.readysteadypick.co.uk/images/Strawberry_Recipes.jpg

_Sanctuary_
yes Ichigo

T.M
Pear is mine..... Strawberries and Banana are not fruit.

Lord Shadow Z
Apples

Imperial_Samura
What, no tomato?

But anyway I would say it's a toss up between watermelon and grapes for me.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Makedde
Apples, but only green ones.

I only love the green ones too... i guess cause they are sour

JacopeX
Originally posted by _Sanctuary_
yes Ichigo stick out tongue

Vendetta
Mango, Honeydew, Watermelon

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by T.M
Strawberries and Banana are not fruit.

blink

T.M
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
blink

What's the blink for ?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by T.M
What's the blink for ?

if they're not fruit...what are they?

Vendetta
if they're not fruit...what are they?

Strawberries are a fruit, Bananas is a herb.

Ronny
mangos and peaches droolio

T.M
A fruit has seeds inside the edible part.. like apple's, pear's and so on. A Strawberry is a berry hence the name (also it has the seeds on the skin so therefore can not be a fruit anyway). A banana is actually a herb.

*Georgina_A*
Strawberries, cherries and mangos.

T.M
Originally posted by Vendetta
Strawberries are a fruit, Bananas is a herb.

Banana's are herbs yes

Strawberrys are not a fruit.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Other<Tomatoes droolio

Vendetta
Originally posted by T.M
Banana's are herbs yes

Strawberrys are not a fruit.

Okay I know the strawberry is technically a "false" fruit because it grows from the base rather than from the ovary of a flower.

T.M
Originally posted by Vendetta
Okay I know the strawberry is technically a "false" fruit because it grows from the base rather than from the ovary of a flower.

So therefore isn't a fruit.

DanteMayCry
ive visited sanfrancisco and didnt get out of the car and they love the fruit of many colors, how they love their fruit of many colors, it was red and yellow green blue specially brown. im not talking about skittles here.

anyway i dont eat fruits.

fini
U dont??? Oh god, why not?????????????

DanteMayCry
Originally posted by fini
U dont??? Oh god, why not?????????????

let me rephrase that. i blendem fruits in a blender. thats why i dont ''eat fruits'' i drinkem after i put them in the blender. sometimes i add pinapple (blended) in roasted beef.

leonheartmm
i love all fruits.

DanteMayCry
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i love all fruits.
since you love ALL fruits... go to sanfrancisco. they are very acceptable of all people.

since there are 2 kinds of fruits one that grows on trees, and second, that has the ability to extend. so you love all fruits huh? good for you

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by T.M
So therefore isn't a fruit.

technical bull

I say Bananas and Strawberries are fruits, and so should everyone else

if strawberries aren't fruit, what are they?

look them up in a dictionary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

seeeeeee, Bananas are the fruit of an herb.

and strawberries are berries...a type for fruit!

Fox13
Mango shall pwn j00

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by DanteMayCry
since you love ALL fruits... go to sanfrancisco. they are very acceptable of all people.

since there are 2 kinds of fruits one that grows on trees, and second, that has the ability to extend. so you love all fruits huh? good for you

I'm beginning to think YOU are a fruit

Morgoths_Wrath
allow me to expand on strawberries:

"The strawberry is an accessory fruit; that is, the fleshy part is derived not from the ovaries (which are the "seeds", actually achenes) but from the peg at the bottom of the hypanthium that held the ovaries. So from a technical standpoint, the seeds are the actual fruits of the plant, and the flesh of the strawberry is a vegetable. It is greenish-white as it develops and in most species turns red when ripe."

-Wiki

T.M
technical bull

I say Bananas and Strawberries are fruits, and so should everyone else

if strawberries aren't fruit, what are they?

look them up in a dictionary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana

seeeeeee, Bananas are the fruit of an herb.

and strawberries are berries...a type for fruit!

Technicality's are everything. To me anyway. I mean technically there are 8 planets not 9. Technically Buffalo Bill didn't kill Buffalo's.

Morgoths_Wrath
but still, bananas and strawberries can be considered fruit

Morgoths_Wrath

actually, they ARE fruit. no doubt about it.

T.M

Only by people who don't know better.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by T.M
Only by people who don't know better.

did you even look at those links?

there is no question. they are fruit.

Morgoths_Wrath
Wiki:

"A banana plant is a herb in the genus, Musa, which because of its size and structure, is often mistaken for a tree. It is cultivated for its fruit , which also bears the same name."

Morgoths_Wrath
allow me to expand on strawberries:

"The strawberry is an accessory fruit; that is, the fleshy part is derived not from the ovaries (which are the "seeds", actually achenes) but from the peg at the bottom of the hypanthium that held the ovaries. So from a technical standpoint, the seeds are the actual fruits of the plant, and the flesh of the strawberry is a vegetable. It is greenish-white as it develops and in most species turns red when ripe."

-Wiki

T.M
did you even look at those links?

there is no question. they are fruit.

Yeah I looked at the links. Still doesn't change the fact that a fruit is defined as having seeds on the inside though. which strawberrys and bananas don't have.

Bloigen
RHUBARB OWNS!

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by T.M
Yeah I looked at the links. Still doesn't change the fact that a fruit is defined as having seeds on the inside though. which strawberrys and bananas don't have.

obviosuly you are ignorant to the ways of the fruit

There are three basic types of fruits:

Simple fruit
Aggregate fruit
Multiple fruit

Simple fruits can be either dry or fleshy and result from the ripening of a simple or compound ovary with only one pistil. Dry fruits may be either dehiscent (opening to discharge seeds), or indehiscent (not opening to discharge seeds). Types of dry, simple fruits (with examples) are:

achene - (buttercup)
capsule - (Brazil nut)
caryopsis - (wheat)
fibrous drupe - (coconut, walnut)
follicle - (milkweed)
legume - (pea, bean, peanut)
loment
nut - (hazelnut, beech, oak acorn)
samara - (elm, ash, maple key)
schizocarp - (carrot)
silique - (radish)
utricle

Fruits in which part or all of the pericarp (fruit wall) is fleshy at maturity are simple fleshy fruits. Types of fleshy, simple fruits (with examples) are:

berry - (tomato, avocado)
Stone fruit drupe (plum, cherry, peach, olive)
false berry - accessory fruits (banana, cranberry)
pome - accessory fruits (apple, pear, rosehip)

An aggregate fruit, or etaerio, develops from a flower with numerous simple pistils. An example is the raspberry, whose simple fruits are termed drupelets because each is like a small drupe attached to the receptacle. In some bramble fruits (such as blackberry) the receptacle is elongate and part of the ripe fruit, making the blackberry an aggregate-accessory fruit. The strawberry is also an aggregate-accessory fruit, only one in which the seeds are contained in achenes. In all these examples, the fruit develops from a single flower with numerous pistils.

A multiple fruit is one formed from a cluster of flowers (called an inflorescence). Each flower produces a fruit, but these mature into a single mass. Examples are the pineapple, edible fig, mulberry, osage-orange, and breadfruit.

T.M
You can post as much stuff from wikipedia as you want technically they still are not fruits.

Morgoths_Wrath
you're an idiot.

use a damn dictionary, or goto a library!!!! anyone will tell you that you have no clue what you're talking about. why should anyone believe you over an encyclopedia?

fruit:
1 a : a product of plant growth (as grain, vegetables, or cotton) <the fruits of the field> b (1) : the usually edible reproductive body of a seed plant; especially : one having a sweet pulp associated with the seed <the fruit of the tree> (2) : a succulent plant part (as the petioles of a rhubarb plant) used chiefly in a dessert or sweet course c : a dish, quantity, or diet of fruits <live on fruit> d : a product of fertilization in a plant with its modified envelopes or appendages; specifically : the ripened ovary of a seed plant and its contents e : the flavor or aroma of fresh fruit in mature wine

as you can plainly see, one can define fruit in a number of ways. you're not 100% right at all. strawberries and bananas are fruits, whether you like it or not

T.M
you're an idiot.

use a damn dictionary, or goto a library!!!! anyone will tell you that you have no clue what you're talking about. why should anyone believe you over an encyclopedia?

fruit:
1 a : a product of plant growth (as grain, vegetables, or cotton) <the fruits of the field> b (1) : the usually edible reproductive body of a seed plant; especially : one having a sweet pulp associated with the seed <the fruit of the tree> (2) : a succulent plant part (as the petioles of a rhubarb plant) used chiefly in a dessert or sweet course c : a dish, quantity, or diet of fruits <live on fruit> d : a product of fertilization in a plant with its modified envelopes or appendages; specifically : the ripened ovary of a seed plant and its contents e : the flavor or aroma of fresh fruit in mature wine

as you can plainly see, one can define fruit in a number of ways. you're not 100% right at all. strawberries and bananas are fruits, whether you like it or not

I never said anyone had to believe me. I was just stating a fact.

Morgoths_Wrath
you don't seem to have anything to back that up besides your word, and quite frankly that's not very convincing

you keep telling yourself that they're not fruit though, and you can go tell your unicorn if you want. maybe he'll listen

T.M
you don't seem to have anything to back that up besides your word, and quite frankly that's not very convincing

you keep telling yourself that they're not fruit though, and you can go tell your unicorn if you want. maybe he'll listen

Actually my unicorn is female.

Morgoths_Wrath
I won't go there...

T.M
good.

joeykangaroo
dang thats hard.....BANANA!! eek!

KENobi™
I think Strawberries will win this out.

K.Diddy
Kiwi fuit

Mišt
Grapesw00t

Roulette
cherries!^-^

Blue Dragon
Rhubarb, rasperries, kiwi & strawberries! droolio I just had a Kiwi, mmmm...

Cherries, pinapple & pears make me want to be sick, yack! I knows there some other fruit I don't like...

a1hsauce
banana yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.