Black Adam runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
He has 4 hours of break before each battle.

1) Sandman
2) Namor fresh from water
3) Tanaraq Sasquatch
4) Mongul
5) Wonder Woman
6) Silver Sufer
7) Guy Gardner and John Stewart
8) Superman 1 Million

The Ion
Stops at 5. If not then definitely at 6.

King_Mungi
Stops at 3, if people were unanimous that Tanaraq would destroy Wonder Woman I don't see BA fairing better.

tdawg14
Gets to 6 and loses hard.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Stops at 3, if people were unanimous that Tanaraq would destroy Wonder Woman I don't see BA fairing better.

That was a few people. Its not forum wide opinion. I certainly dont see Tanaraq beating Wonder woman. He is too unproven and just doesnt have the range of feats to make such an opinion anything more than speculation based.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The Ion
Stops at 5. If not then definitely at 6.

Agreed yes

King_Mungi
He's an immortal god, who is far into the 100 class, and a full powered beast as said by Shaman you can't beat only just delay them. As said in various other threads he was much like Classic Juggernaut.

GalacticStorm
He's an immortal god, who is far into the 100 class, and a full powered beast as said by Shaman you can't beat only just delay them. As said in various other threads he was much like Classic Juggernaut.

Character talk when not backed up by on panel feats is not conclusive. Shaman as a source is not infallible.

TheKahn
I'd say he stops at 3 or 4. The reason is that he isn't fully healed after each fight and only gets four hours of rest (assuming that is the situation Darth Kal-El has set up). By the time he gets toTanaraq Sasquatch or Mongul I think he'd already be suffering some damage.

LordFear
Wonder Woman puts a stop to himi and that's final
I have seen this chick go berserk and she is a helluva threat

King_Mungi
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Character talk when not backed up by on panel feats is not conclusive. Shaman as a source is not infallible.

Check out the Wonderwoman vs. Sasquatch battle and the Sasquatch vs. Juggernaut one as well. Actually Shaman's whole point of living is to battle the Great Beasts, same with Snowbird so he knows what he is talking about.

GalacticStorm
Check out the Wonderwoman vs. Sasquatch battle and the Sasquatch vs. Juggernaut one as well. Actually Shaman's whole point of living is to battle the Great Beasts, same with Snowbird so he knows what he is talking about.

Its all about perspective. The Olympians are said by other characters to be immortal and indestructible but theyre conclusively not. Same with Juggernaut (need i mention Nimrod and Onslaught to name a few) Shaman is not stated or shown to be omniscient, while he might be clued up on the great Beasts his word regarding them is not conclusive canon fact. When Tanaraq has some on panel feats then we'll be able to draw a comparison about how he'd fare in battle with Wonder woman who has a multitude of high level on panel showings. What youre doing is the equivalent of accepting the apparrent heroes talk of Sentry stalemating Galactus and treating it as canon fact. Without on panel feats to back up the words, a narrator captions or similar official source (handbooks) you cant take Shamans words and treat them as gospel in debate.

Mider
Tanaraq Sasquatch's feats dont stack up against Adam he's not fast enough or strong enough to defeat Adam i dont think he could beat Juggernaut either Shamain shouldnt have said what he said but then again even though he said it even juggernaut has been defeated by people with lower indurance thus i give adam going to number 5 and being defeated by WW.

nathan summers
He'd stop at Radd. Nearly everyone would..

King_Mungi
Its all about perspective. The Olympians are said by other characters to be immortal and indestructible but theyre conclusively not. Same with Juggernaut (need i mention Nimrod and Onslaught to name a few) Shaman is not stated or shown to be omniscient, while he might be clued up on the great Beasts his word regarding them is not conclusive canon fact. When Tanaraq has some on panel feats then we'll be able to draw a comparison about how he'd fare in battle with Wonder woman who has a multitude of high level on panel showings. What youre doing is the equivalent of accepting the apparrent heroes talk of Sentry stalemating Galactus and treating it as canon fact. Without on panel feats to back up the words, a narrator captions or similar official source (handbooks) you cant take Shamans words and treat them as gospel in debate.

Actually his daughter is and she said the same thing. Also if you check what I wrote in the Wonder Woman thread I said we don't know what he is fully capable of. However, your simply writing him off like Tanaraq is a chump, when the Great Beasts are older than man and even the world itself. "The Great Beasts employ death and decay against mankind". As said you can't kill them, Tanaraq got his heart ripped out by Snowbird who transformed into Tanaraq but he is still alive. Also with Sentry, we havn't even seen him fully unleashed so how can we say it's wrong or not? Same situation here, you assume Tanaraq is a push-over when I say he and the comics are not.

Originally posted by Mider
Tanaraq Sasquatch's feats dont stack up against Adam he's not fast enough or strong enough to defeat Adam i dont think he could beat Juggernaut either Shamain shouldnt have said what he said but then again even though he said it even juggernaut has been defeated by people with lower indurance thus i give adam going to number 5 and being defeated by WW.

Ummm...why shouldn't Shaman say what he said? The Great Beasts use to rule the world until the Gods of the Arctic banished them into their own realm millions of years ago. Also regular old Sasquatch has caught Northstar who's crusing speed is mach 10.

Mider
does anyone know about the new blood of apocaylpse story has nothing to do with this thread but yeah i hope they up his feats from bull to respectable like when he stalemated high evolutionary or laughed off black bolts scream.

JOE NUNEZ
WONDERWOMAN IS GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO BEATING GODS ,THATS HOW FAR HE GETS..........

Blair Wind
Originally posted by nathan summers
He'd stop at Radd. Nearly everyone would (die?)..

agreed wink

Darth Kal-El
i concur. BA loses at Norrin.

nathan summers
Yes, they would die.

GalacticStorm
Actually his daughter is and she said the same thing. Also if you check what I wrote in the Wonder Woman thread I said we don't know what he is fully capable of. However, your simply writing him off like Tanaraq is a chump, when the Great Beasts are older than man and even the world itself. "The Great Beasts employ death and decay against mankind". As said you can't kill them, Tanaraq got his heart ripped out by Snowbird who transformed into Tanaraq but he is still alive. Also with Sentry, we havn't even seen him fully unleashed so how can we say it's wrong or not? Same situation here, you assume Tanaraq is a push-over when I say he and the comics are not.

Im not saying that at all KM. Im saying that until he has on panel feats to back up the claims about his prowess you cant use said claims as canon fact. Its as simple as that. If you want to make a case for Tanaraq then post some feats hes performed on panel, simply relaying what Shaman or his daughter says he can do according to legend really isnt good enough. With both Sentry and Tanaraq until they perform the feats on panel, the claims cannot be treated as fact. Shaman and his daughter are not infallible sources, they are not omniscient. With virtually no on panel feats, using Tanaraq equates to trying to make a debate on Superman Prime. Theres virtually no info on them, insufficient on panel demonstrations to calculate their standing, you'll get nowhere.

Ummm...why shouldn't Shaman say what he said? The Great Beasts use to rule the world until the Gods of the Arctic banished them into their own realm millions of years ago. Also regular old Sasquatch has caught Northstar who's crusing speed is mach 10.

Where does it say thats his cruising speed? no

Thats the greatest speed his durability enables him to travel at. I can post both his and his sisters bios if you wish to dispute this. Also what has that got to do with how Black Adam would fare against Tanaraq? confused Both on topic characters apparently being considerably beyond the ones in the scenario youve related.

Regardless, with no on panel feats you cant use claims from Shaman and his daughter about legendary figures and try to treat them as fact in debate. It just doesnt work that way.

King_Mungi
Im not saying that at all KM. Im saying that until he has on panel feats to back up the claims about his prowess you cant use said claims as canon fact. Its as simple as that. If you want to make a case for Tanaraq then post some feats hes performed on panel, simply relaying what Shaman or his daughter says he can do according to legend really isnt good enough. With both Sentry and Tanaraq until they perform the feats on panel, the claims cannot be treated as fact. Shaman and his daughter are not infallible sources, they are not omniscient. With virtually no on panel feats, using Tanaraq equates to trying to make a debate on Superman Prime. Theres virtually no info on them, insufficient on panel demonstrations to calculate their standing, you'll get nowhere.

Where does it say thats his cruising speed? no

Thats the greatest speed his durability enables him to travel at. I can post both his and his sisters bios if you wish to dispute this. Also what has that got to do with how Black Adam would fare against Tanaraq? confused Both on topic characters apparently being considerably beyond the ones in the scenario youve related.

Regardless, with no on panel feats you cant use claims from Shaman and his daughter about legendary figures and try to treat them as fact in debate. It just doesnt work that way.

That's fine, that's the exact same thing I said in the Wonder Woman vs. Sasquatch thread. Once again yes Talisman is, she is the channel for gods to fight the evil forces. The Talisman she wears feeds her ancinent knowledge. Also scans for Tanaraq have been posted in the Sas vs. Jugz and Sas vs. WW thread. He is by no means a push-over.

Handbooks and Alpha Flight. Actually no his greatest speed he can travel at is 99% the speed of light, mach 10 is the speed he doesn't hurt his body. Yet, he has been shown to fly escape velocity and run mach 18.2. Aurora is actually slower than Northstar, that was stated. Also what it means is Tanaraq has dealt with fast people before, he wouldn't be completly useless.

Why? because I have read the series and you havn't? I know the characters and what they can do, so that means I must be in the wrong?

GalacticStorm
That's fine, that's the exact same thing I said in the Wonder Woman vs. Sasquatch thread. Once again yes Talisman is, she is the channel for gods to fight the evil forces. The Talisman she wears feeds her ancinent knowledge. Also scans for Tanaraq have been posted in the Sas vs. Jugz and Sas vs. WW thread. He is by no means a push-over.

Until you have on panel feats of Tanaraq performing feats beyond the likes of Wonder woman and Black Adam you cant treat the words of Shaman and Talisman as canon in debate. Its as simple as that.

Handbooks and Alpha Flight. Actually no his greatest speed he can travel at is 99% the speed of light, mach 10 is the speed he doesn't hurt his body. Yet, he has been shown to fly escape velocity and run mach 18.2. Aurora is actually slower than Northstar, that was stated. Also what it means is Tanaraq has dealt with fast people before, he wouldn't be completly useless.

No as made quite clear in all of his handbook entries 99% the speed of light is his theoretical maximum, however his limited durability and inability to breathe at such speeds prevent him from achieving anywhere near that speed.

So Sasquatch has stopped Northstar in a fight? Unless it was stated what speed he was travelling at thats irrelevant as you cant assume he was travelling at mach 10 and Black Adam can actually travel at sub-light speed so your Sasquatch/Northstar comparison is redundant.

Why? because I have read the series and you havn't? I know the characters and what they can do, so that means I must be in the wrong?

Huh? confused Dont have a clue what youre going on about here, but regardless of what you know about Alpha Flight, without on panel demonstrations of what Tanaraq can do, you cant make an argument for him based on the words of far from infallible characters. Such words are not fact, or at least havent been shown to be.

King_Mungi
Until you have on panel feats of Tanaraq performing feats beyond the likes of Wonder woman and Black Adam you cant treat the words of Shaman and Talisman as canon in debate. Its as simple as that.

No as made quite clear in all of his handbook entries 99% the speed of light is his theoretical maximum, however his limited durability and inability to breathe at such speeds prevent him from achieving anywhere near that speed.

So Sasquatch has stopped Northstar in a fight? Unless it was stated what speed he was travelling at thats irrelevant as you cant assume he was travelling at mach 10 and Black Adam can actually travel at sub-light speed so your Sasquatch/Northstar comparison is redundant.

Huh? confused Dont have a clue what youre going on about here, but regardless of what you know about Alpha Flight, without on panel demonstrations of what Tanaraq can do, you cant make an argument for him based on the words of far from infallible characters. Such words are not fact, or at least havent been shown to be.

You don't listen to well do you? here's a quote I made in another thread

Yeah we still don't know fully what he is capable of though like the upper limits of his strength. It's nice to see Tanaraq/Sasquatch is getting his dues though smile.

Whoops looks like I was right, he is older than the world; "Bold words Narya. But meaningless, I am older than the world! What are you?".

Yes, he was in mid-flight and he did it three times. Northstar was going all out trying to hurt Sasquatch, so he wouldn't have been going slow. This was when he was slipping into Tanaraq phase when his powers increase. I know it's a mere point to show that Sasquatch is not competly useless

No Duh! as I said mach 10 is the speed where they won't get hurt, but does that stop them from going faster than mach 10? No. Northstar has been shown to run faster than mach 10 , and flying going escape velocity rescuing Paulie from Magneto. The handbooks are often wrong, I can point out many errors in the various Alpha FLight entries from the various scans from the respect thread.
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Fanfare_28_03.jpg

Good lord, what did I say? I said the exact same thing in the Wonder Woman thread, also NO, they have been shown to be immortal since they have been "killed" before, but basically sent them back to their own realm. I will post more scans from the various issues, which most are already in the AF respect thread.

GalacticStorm
You don't listen to well do you? here's a quote I made in another thread

Yes, he was in mid-flight and he did it three times. Northstar was going all out trying to hurt Sasquatch, so he wouldn't have been going slow. This was when he was slipping into Tanaraq phase when his powers increase. I know it's a mere point to show that Sasquatch is not competly useless

No Duh! as I said mach 10 is the speed where they won't get hurt, but does that stop them from going faster than mach 10? No. Northstar has been shown to run faster than mach 10 , and flying going escape velocity rescuing Paulie from Magneto. The handbooks are often wrong, I can point out many errors in the various Alpha FLight entries from the various scans from the respect thread.
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/Fanfare_28_03.jpg

Good lord, what did I say? I said the exact same thing in the Wonder Woman thread, also NO, they have been shown to be immortal since they have been "killed" before, but basically sent them back to their own realm. I will post more scans from the various issues, which most are already in the AF respect thread.

Dont u worry son i'll spank u over this 2morrow stick out tongue

Its just too repetitive to get into at this hour wink

King_Mungi
Why? because I said we don't know the limits of Tanaraq? and that members of Alpha Flight have been shown to be stronger than what the handbooks indicate?

You basically are saying the exact same thing as I am, yet you still feel the need to debate for whatever reason.

GalacticStorm
Why? because I said we don't know the limits of Tanaraq? and that members of Alpha Flight have been shown to be stronger than what the handbooks indicate?

You basically are saying the exact same thing as I am, yet you still feel the need to debate for whatever reason.

If youre now changing your stance on Tanaraq to this then surely you must see the futility in using Tanaraq in versus debates when he has insufficient on panel appaearnces from which he can be measured?

If so then cool. You cant conclusively say Tanaraq can beat anyone of DCs top tier powerhouses as he has yet to perform a feat which demonstrates his ability to do so. Being immortal simply isnt enough.

Cool. My work is done. Like i said we'll continue this in full tommorrow wink

soleran30
Black Adam gets to the very end of this guantlet......................yeah know why....................................cuz he can he is just that Wicked.............yeah show me his defeats! lol this is the same guy who blew a hole and half of spectre's head off for coming into his country!

Ok but really probably SS just cuz SS is cosmic yummy goodness and eats hostess snacks.

King_Mungi
If youre now changing your stance on Tanaraq to this then surely you must see the futility in using Tanaraq in versus debates when he has insufficient on panel appaearnces from which he can be measured?

If so then cool. You cant conclusively say Tanaraq can beat anyone of DCs top tier powerhouses as he has yet to perform a feat which demonstrates his ability to do so. Being immortal simply isnt enough.

Cool. My work is done. Like i said we'll continue this in full tommorrow wink

No, as I said in the Wonder Woman thread we don't know his limits. Does that prove BA can beat him? no. Does that mean Tanaraq can beat BA? no. I even said we don't know his limits three times
1. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390660&highlight=sasquatch

Huh? I never did.

You didn't do anything, honestly what are you going to debate? I'm seriously stumped.

GalacticStorm
No, as I said in the Wonder Woman thread we don't know his limits. Does that prove BA can beat him? no. Does that mean Tanaraq can beat BA? no.

Huh? I never did.

Honestly what are you going to debate? I'm seriously stumped.

You questioned whether BA could surpass Tan due to the results of the WW Vs Tan thread. You then made up an argument for Tan being beyond them, an argument that was ill supported on panel which i highlighted. Youre now saying that we dont know the limits of Tanaraq so we cant say who is greater than who which is true, but at the same time he has no showings anywhere near the likes of DCs top tiers so im just trying to get you to acknowledge that you cant claim him to be beyond such characters when he has no feats on their level. So it seems we're both agreed that because of his few showings he's a useless character to have in a versus match? Cool. My work here is done. wink

King_Mungi
You questioned whether BA could surpass Tan due to the results of the WW Vs Tan thread. You then made up an argument for Tan being beyond them, an argument that was ill supported oin panel which i highlighted. Youre now saying that we dont know the limits of Tanaraq so we cant say who is greater than who which is true, but at the same time he has no showings anywhere near the likes of DCs top tiers so im just trying to get you to acknowledge that you cant claim him to be beyond such characters when he has no feats on their level. So it seems we're both agreed that because of his few showings he's a useless character to have in a versus match? Cool. My work here is done. wink

No as said you can't kill the Great Beasts, especially not from someone like BA. Did I say Tanaraq was stronger, faster or more durable? no. "He's an immortal god, who is far into the 100 class, and a full powered beast as said by Shaman you can't beat only just delay them. As said in various other threads he was much like Classic Juggernaut." and then you debated with me about characters you knew nothing of .

NO! I have said all along we don't know his limits. You are seriously not listening to what I'm saying and you didn't bother checking out those threads did you? where I stated the same thing.
1. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390660&highlight=sasquatch
2. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390431&highlight=sasquatch

GalacticStorm
No as said you can't kill the Great Beasts, especially not from someone like BA. Did I say Tanaraq was stronger, faster or more durable? no. "He's an immortal god, who is far into the 100 class, and a full powered beast as said by Shaman you can't beat only just delay them. As said in various other threads he was much like Classic Juggernaut." and then you debated with me about characters you knew nothing of .

NO! I have said all along we don't know his limits. You are seriously not listening to what I'm saying and you didn't bother checking out those threads did you? where I stated the same thing.
2. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390431&highlight=sasquatch

This is a versus match. Since when do you have to kill to gain a win? confused

Bringing up his apparent immortality is futile. As is saying he is far into class 100 without when the characters we're placing in opposition to him meet that description and have many on panel demonstrations to back that up. Tanaraq has no on panel feats anywhere near theirs im afraid. My knowledge of Shaman and Talisman is irrelevant as far as this debate is concerned. Their words their opinions arent canon and any attempt to treat them as such without supportive on panel demonstrations will be dismissed.

Guess we're back to square one eh? Virtually nothing factual known about him prowess wise, he has no feats on par with the characters in question. His usefulness in a versus match is negligible. sad

soleran30
Well he did survive a planets greatest sorcerer then beat the hell outta him. That certainly shows durability to magic!

King_Mungi
This is a versus match. Since when do you have to kill to gain a win? confused

Bringing up his apparent immortality is futile. As is saying he is far into class 100 without when the characters we're placing in opposition to him meet that description and have many on panel demonstrations to back that up. Tanaraq has no on panel feats anywhere near theirs im afraid. My knowledge of Shaman and Talisman is irrelevant as far as this debate is concerned. Their words their opinions arent canon and any attempt to treat them as such without supportive on panel demonstrations will be dismissed.

Guess we're back to square one eh? Virtually nothing factual known about him prowess wise, he has no feats on par with the characters in question. His usefulness in a versus match is negligible. sad

Since Tanaraq and the Great Beasts never rest kinda doesn't matter, once again as stated. However, no matter what was stated about them you won't take it as factual. So moving on, since it doesn't matter since as I said in the other threads I don't know what he is fully capable of.

Actually classic Sasquatch who wasn't even in Tanaraq form was over 100 tons. In Exiles Tanaraq easily beat Namora who is the same strength as Namor and he did it with ease. He is in the 100 class range, just how much? *shrugs* Not canon? you do realize Shaman has studied the Great beasts and Talisman has the power to even control them. They are our means to the mystic background that happens in Alpha Flight. They would know more than anyone else what the Great Beasts are capable of. Same with Snowbird, who is a goddess who was sent to "kill" them.

That's fine, my whole point is your underestimating him.

GalacticStorm
Since Tanaraq and the Great Beasts never rest kinda doesn't matter, once again as stated. However, no matter what was stated about them you won't take it as factual. So moving on, since it doesn't matter since as I said in the other threads I don't know what he is fully capable of.

Actually classic Sasquatch who wasn't even in Tanaraq form was over 100 tons. In Exiles Tanaraq easily beat Namora who is the same strength as Namor and he did it with ease. He is in the 100 class range, just how much? *shrugs* Not canon? you do realize Shaman has studied the Great beasts and Talisman has the power to even control them. They are our means to the mystic background that happens in Alpha Flight. They would know more than anyone else what the Great Beasts are capable of. Same with Snowbird, who is a goddess who was sent to "kill" them.

That's fine, my whole point is your underestimating him.

No im not under-estimating, youre hyping him up because of your love for Alpha Flight. wink

All ive said is the extent of his strength is unknown and he has no on panel strength feats anywhere near Black Adam or Wonder woman therefore for you to claim him to be beyond them in terms of strength is very wrong. You have no support for that anywhere. Im just being objective which means highlighting the character as being useless in versus matches because of the lack of info. Hes akin to a Superman Prime or a Sentry pre New Avengers/ self titled series.

For you to be objective you'd have to say that while its suggested by the words of Shaman and Talisman that Tanaraq would be beyond the likes of WW and BA in terms of physical prowess, due to lack of feats on their level and few appearances there is nothing conclusive to support my opinion, therefore it is pointless using him in versus matches.

big grin

King_Mungi
No im not under-estimating, youre hyping him up because of your love for Alpha Flight. wink

All ive said is the extent of his strength is unknown and he has no on panel strength feats anywhere near Black Adam or Wonder woman therefore for you to claim him to be beyond them in terms of strength is very wrong. You have no support for that anywhere. Im just being objective which means highlighting the character as being useless in versus matches because of the lack of info. Hes akin to a Superman Prime or a Sentry pre New Avengers/ self titled series.

For you to be objective you'd have to say that while its suggested by the words of Shaman and Talisman that Tanaraq would be beyond the likes of WW and BA in terms of physical prowess, due to lack of feats on their level and few appearances there is nothing conclusive to support my opinion, therefore it is pointless using him in versus matches.

big grin

It's more than that, because I know this characters since I read the series. If you ask people here the population here that has read AF would be slim to none.

Eh? I have never claimed that Tanaraq is stronger than Wonder Woman or Black Adam. We have basically said the exact same thing. No your justified being objective, I'm not saying your wrong. Just that fact that we don't know what Tanaraq is fully capable of and not be underestimated.

No I agree, we don't know enough of him to give a clear statement on his abilities

GalacticStorm
It's more than that, because I know this characters since I read the series. If you ask people here the population here that has read AF would be slim to none.

Eh? I have never claimed that Tanaraq is stronger than Wonder Woman or Black Adam. We have basically said the exact same thing. No your justified being objective, I'm not saying your wrong. Just that fact that we don't know what Tanaraq is fully capable of and not be underestimated.

No I agree, we don't know enough of him to give a clear statement on his abilities

True you only suggested Tanaraq was stronger.

Either way we're now in agreement that hes a pointless character to have in debates. Cool. wink

King_Mungi
True you only suggested Tanaraq was stronger.

Either way we're now in agreement that hes a pointless character to have in debates. Cool. wink

Just because of the comments in the WW thread, I even said I didn't know his limits there.

Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.