Spoilers for New Avengers 16

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
King_Mungi Is going to be pissed!!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59432&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

The Ion
*watches internet explode*

Black Adam
Originally posted by The Ion
*watches internet explode*

What a lame as death scene. two freaking seconds and thats that. Characters with years of history are wiped out in less time then it takes to make cup a noodle soup..

The Ion
Originally posted by Black Adam
What a lame as death scene. two freaking seconds and thats that. Characters with years of history are wiped out in less time then it takes to make cup a noodle soup..
It is a shame but I could see it coming a mile away. Does the plot device villain of the week ever debut without killing someone?

Black Adam
Originally posted by The Ion
It is a shame but I could see it coming a mile away. Does the plot device villain of the week ever debut without killing someone?

Guess not. Bendis is going tot get a lot of hate mail on Wednesday.

Karma. In a few years someone is going to kill off Luke Cage,spider-woman and jessica jones in a fiery plane crash that gets a panel of time. I wonder how he'll feel then.

soleran30
Wow who was that villian? At least the art was pretty good............

Black Adam
Originally posted by soleran30
Wow who was that villian? At least the art was pretty good............

some new villain created by Bendis most probably. The art was by steve mcniven. Of course the art was going to be good. The man can draw a piece of dog crap with a candy bar on top for 20 pages and I would still buy it.

nathan summers
WHAT THE F*CK?! Marvel has gone too far. I'm already unimpressed with this New Avengers roster but to just DO THAT TO -- AND THEN --

Marvel sucks.

DarkCrawler
OMGWTFSUXXOR!??!?!

Okay that is. Bendis just had his last nail in his coffin. Mungi is going to be SO pissed of that it will explode Bendis's head from a mile away...

R.I.P Alpha Flight. sad

insane genis
I WANT BENDIS DEAD!!!.. mad mad mad AND HIS FAMILY mad mad mad AND HIS BLOODY PET CAT mad mad HES GONE TO FAR THIS TIME.....
BENDIS....
im coming for you.. evil face

H. S. 6
laughing

And so the crying readers emerge... roll eyes (sarcastic)

willRules
Quickly everyone! To the batmobile to kill bendis. You warm up my batmobile seat and you over there, hide this from King Mungi's eyes whistle

insane genis
whatever you do...dont post that on the alpha flight respect thread...dont....do it...
I GOT THE CAT!! big grin big grin big grin
now to find his children... evil face evil face evil face (After all..anything bendis makes is shit..i geuss that counts his children aswell)

snoopdogg
I wonder where King is? Maybe he flipped out and got arrested. big grin

This sucks seriously though.

Black Adam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I wonder where King is? Maybe he flipped out and got arrested. big grin

This sucks seriously though.

that image has been posted everywhere. From Newsarama to even Gamefaqs and all the other comic boards I go to.

If he doesn't see it here he defiantly Will see it everywhere else.

Lucid Lui
**** that's terrible...

They're not all dead though. A couple, like Guardian and Puck have been seen on Civil War posters...

Still terrible though. If you're really gonna kill a bunch of heroes, makes it so they go out heroically. Not this way.

Sasquatch and Shaman better not be dead.

steverules
Well that sux.

Disappear
they got what they deserved, bringing ****ing major mapleleaf with them. that's a joke, by the way. i just hate mapleleaf. why can't we all just pretend the third series never happened?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Disappear
they got what they deserved, bringing ****ing major mapleleaf with them. that's a joke, by the way. i just hate mapleleaf. why can't we all just pretend the third series never happened? Because if we count it as happening, doesn't that mean there's a whole other team of Aplhans (some of which are the ones that just got ran through in NA #16) running around somewhere?

But it's much more likely that it'll just be ignored. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quick Freeze
that's just horrible
it really is
and anyone who comes on here saying "wah wah people are just complaining about what's cool to complain about" thats about the epitome of douche baggery.

wow alpha flight not only are great characters but their history is ground breaking. they tackled homosexuality, adoption, aids, everything before the rest of comics even came close to thinking about it.

i'm not even gonna talk about why the way they died sucks because thats what everyone else can talk about but i'm mean ending such a progressive title with THAT???

and who gets to live? a female composite of the most popular hero and the token black guy??? characters like that shouldnt even be taken seriously.
F.U.C.K!!!

King_Mungi
MOTHER ****ER....MOTHER ****ER....MOTHER ****ER. I ****ING HATE HIM! HE'S A PEICE OF SHIT! MOTHER ****ER!

They have been around for over 30 years and he couldn't show them enough respect to show them lose in a glaze of glory? **** YOU! You just spat in the faces of all the fans of Alpha Flight. **** YOU! YOU ****ING HACK!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
that's just horrible
it really is
and anyone who comes on here saying "wah wah people are just complaining about what's cool to complain about" thats about the epitome of douche baggery.

wow alpha flight not only are great characters but their history is ground breaking. they tackled homosexuality, adoption, aids, everything before the rest of comics even came close to thinking about it.

i'm not even gonna talk about why the way they died sucks because thats what everyone else can talk about but i'm mean ending such a progressive title with THAT???

and who gets to live? a female composite of the most popular hero and the token black guy??? characters like that shouldnt even be taken seriously.
F.U.C.K!!!

douche baggery!? laughing out loud That's why we let you in the KMC Authority! Nicely said though...with all of it.

...seriously, though...sorry Mungi. They should've at least had an epic and tear-jerking death, something like they gave to Barry Allen, for example. I don't even care about Alpha Flight and this pisses me off.

I'm imagining Spider-Man killed forever by a punk with a gun to try to imagine how you feel....and it sucks bigtime.

King_Mungi
I'm actually offended and really upset right now, you guys have no idea. My favorite characters killed off for no reason or no justice.

The assholes in newsarama I want to bitchslap.

Lucid Lui
Is it stated later in the issue that they're actually dead?

They look pretty dead... But they might not be. Maybe the whole team is just KOed. Maybe none of them are dead at all.

I must be in the denial stage. I mean can anyone see Bendis write a final battle without a whole bunch of pointless deaths?

King_Mungi
They said this was their last battle, so I guess so. **** YOU BENDIS!

DarkCrawler
One thing I want to know...how can the New Avengers, who had problems with ninjas, can even hope to beat this enemy, if it defeated Alpha Flight in a second?

I swear, if Wolverine or Cap end up saving the day, I WILL assassinate Bendis. I am THIS close to assassinating him now.

King_Mungi
I'm still very upset right now, I felt like shit before. Just imagine if they killed Namor off-panel, you would know how I feel.

inamilist
thats ridiculous

everyone has basically said what I would say, so no point in repeating it, but ya...

man, its like marvel sat down one day and was like "hey, lets compleatly bastardize all the characters that people love and marganilize are most loyal and hardcore fanbase to boost sales with stupid new gimmics!!!!"

jasofisc
man it's like they digressed to early image comics time where they kill off awsome teams out of noware. I can't stand this crap

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
One thing I want to know...how can the New Avengers, who had problems with ninjas, can even hope to beat this enemy, if it defeated Alpha Flight in a second?

I swear, if Wolverine or Cap end up saving the day, I WILL assassinate Bendis. I am THIS close to assassinating him now. Well from the small amount of preview art, it looked like only the big guns, Ms. Marvel and Iron man, were fighting the Collective. And hopefully we'll finally see Sentry utilized more. But i agree, if we see Cap or Wolvie kicking the crap out of this Collective thing, then that will be one of the worst written comics ever.

I just got finished reading the issue and i have to say... McNiven is by far one of the best artists around right now. His work is top notch.

I am actually a big fan of this title. I re-read the whole run over the past few days and i realized just how much i actually like it. It's a great read. I've liked every single issue.

Issue 16 pissed me off to no end. And the main reason: 8 full page splashes. The first 8 pages are spent showing the Collective fall to earth. Each page a full page splash. Sure, they're great looking pages, but that whole sequence could've happened in 1, maybe 2 pages. And the rest could've been used to show Alpha Flight going out in a blaze of glory. But no.

Bendis had the space available in the comic to show the fight. If he's going to kill Alpha Flight he owes it to their fans to do it right. but instead he does in 4 pages, what he had the space to do in at least 10 pages. And to me, that's just one giant kick in the nuts to the Alpha Flight fans. And i've lost a lot of respect for the guy because of it.

That's what pissed me off most about this issue. Otherwise, i liked the Stark/Hill interaction.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I'm still very upset right now, I felt like shit before. Just imagine if they killed Namor off-panel, you would know how I feel.

Exactly. sad

I just hope that there is be some kind of rule in Marvel that forbids them to kill their first character, no matter how underrated he is...

And lets just hope that they all did not die...I hope that Shaman and Sasquatch stay alive at least, they are my favorites from AF.

I don't understand. How did Marvel give a permission to take out that many important characters?

King_Mungi
Uhhhh...I'm going to be picking up the issue in an hour. I'm tempted to write Marvel a letter after this.

Black Adam
Exactly. sad

I just hope that there is be some kind of rule in Marvel that forbids them to kill their first character, no matter how underrated he is...

And lets just hope that they all did not die...I hope that Shaman and Sasquatch stay alive at least, they are my favorites from AF.

I don't understand. How did Marvel give a permission to take out that many important characters?

theirs a list at the marvel offices of expendable characters. Characters that writers can kill off and characters they can't.

guess like poor alpha flight was on the death okay list. Makes you wonder who else is on that list

R.O.T. Yahman

I swear, if Wolverine or Cap end up saving the day, I WILL assassinate Bendis. I am THIS close to assassinating him now.

Mainly because the member of the one man team wasn't there ....

Spiderman 'Why do i get the feeling that the Sentry could have sorted that out in a second ? '

I say, go Sentry !!!!!!!!!!!! Kick some Collective asss .... do it for Canada

H. S. 6
MOTHER ****ER....MOTHER ****ER....MOTHER ****ER. I ****ING HATE HIM! HE'S A PEICE OF SHIT! MOTHER ****ER!

They have been around for over 30 years and he couldn't show them enough respect to show them lose in a glaze of glory? **** YOU! You just spat in the faces of all the fans of Alpha Flight. **** YOU! YOU ****ING HACK!
I'm actually offended and really upset right now, you guys have no idea. My favorite characters killed off for no reason or no justice.

The assholes in newsarama I want to bitchslap.

I feel bad for you, even though I have never picked up an Alpha Flight comic in my life. cry

King_Mungi
I would have been fine if they died the way the Freedom Fighters went out...they went out as heroes.

demigawd
Oh my god...this is too funny. People are actually giving their condolences to King Mungi like they just watched his grandfather die...

Seriously, though, my condolences, King Mungi. Alpha Flight will be missed. But they'll always live on in your respect threads.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by demigawd
Oh my god...this is too funny. People are actually giving their condolences to King Mungi like they just watched his grandfather die...

Seriously, though, my condolences, King Mungi. Alpha Flight will be missed. But they'll always live on in your respect threads.

laughing out loud

King_Mungi
Originally posted by demigawd

I'm still pissed off this happened and many others as well. So it's good I'm not the only one pissed off from this.

Thank you, they were groundbreakers that talked about people being gay, breast cancer, adoption, AIDS and various other things which was taboo in various other comics at that time.

King_Mungi
Yes but what your forgetting is that because different members of Alpha went to different time periods to try and help Flashback, lots of divergent realities were created. We all know that the real Alpha were never stolen from time, so it must have been one of these divergent Alpha Flights that came to this time. Sas had a team after AF vol 3 #12, the pseudo Alphans joined, they fought the 'Collective' and got battered. The real Alphans are in space on a space ship that got blown up in vol 1 so the Master of the World would be free of Plodex technology.

Or
"Meanwhile in a continuity free universe far away..."

j2coolis
We do have those space alphans. But they don't include Sasquatch, so its all a moot point for me. Also, I don't like the fact that MM and Zuzha were killed off. Okay, MM bugged the hell out of me, but in the one alternate universe thread where he goes all bad ass with that gun blasting open the door i thought he had potential. And Zuzha was just well characterized. If this is retaliation for Lobdell's work with the Alphans.... I mean god!! They've had some bad luck with writers!! Big deal! You don't see the New Avengers getting kicked off because they got stuck with Bendis!!
Here's what happens in my fantasy revenge on Bendis world. The New Avengers show up, Cap is all like: "Stand down!!" Collective is like: "I just killed you and then the Sentry too!! And all the rest of the team!!" (I mean seriously, Cap, Spidey-man, Spidey-woman, and Ronin would all die if shot, Luke cage would only need to be bludgeoned. Remember when they got trashed by the one member from the Wrecking Crew? No way they could handle alpha let alone the collective. I won't touch wolverine because he has alpha ties... But still. Wound him badly!! I digress...) Snowbird and Yukon Jack are like: Hi, we're demi-gods, now we shall PWN you collective!! And so they do. And then they use their powers to kill Bendis. Or better yet, McNiven kills Bendis out of frustration for having to work with such an ass!! Death by HB pencil!
mad

King_Mungi
You sir have just gotten into my good books, cuidos.

King_Mungi
JOYGASM!
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=56155

Lucid Lui
So they're not dead then?

King_Mungi
I have no idea, but I'm optomistic

Lucid Lui
Yeah well, that thread just made my head hurt.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah well, that thread just made my head hurt.

Those boards will do that.

King_Mungi
I'm a lot calmer than I was, since there is still hope. However **** YOU BENDIS!

snoopdogg
I just got back from my LCS and most of the guys in there were laughing and cracking jokes about AF biting the dust.

I defended them though. But I was outgunned.

King_Mungi
People are f'n pricks, no matter who it is they will jump on anyone who's upset about something.

Thanks for the defend Snoop, I even went to newsarama and shut them all up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.