Signature Tournament Round 2: DarkWizard vs. Lana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLaw1224
Round 2 of the Sig. Tournament

DarkWizard vs. Lana

Size: 450x150 and 70k

Render: Soon to go up

Due Date: 72 Hours from now, so you basically have till Friday night to hand it in.

Criteria: I want an effect of a car coming at you from the sig. Use motion blur, transparencies...whatever you want. Remember this is Round 2, don't expect me to go easy on you. Make the sig look good.

Also remember to make your sig look the best, don't make a nice sig then kill all the colors and quality because it doesn't fit the 70k limit. Just start a new one and make it look ok. I'd rather take a crappy sig with good quality then a nice sig with chopiness and crappy quality.

Good Luck!

KENobi™
Umm, where's the render?

TheLaw1224
Ok So Since the board won't let me edit my first post anymore, ill put it up here.

Render: Dane Cook Is God

Good Luck!

Lana
*not a car person*

I'll start later, busy working on fractals right now.

DarkWizard
Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit,

Crap...

The Lotus Elise is pretty cool.

KENobi™
Hmm...wonder where you got the car idea. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

DigiMark007
The quote above your Cookie Monster avy is hilarious DW.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The quote above your Cookie Monster avy is hilarious DW.

laughing

DigiMark007
...and I was hoping to work with a car sometime myself. Ah well, I'm sure I'll think of enough good ideas for whatever I get.

Tomorrow's a good day...I actually have some time (for a change). Hopefully my match is up by then. In the meantime, good luck guys. The winner gets to lose to me next round...Bwahaha. Now, I just have to assassinate Baka, and I'm set.

DarkWizard
ENTRY:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6909/cookies6ng.jpg

Props to Kenobi with the C-A-R idea wink

DigiMark007
Ooooh, Snap!

laughing laughing rotfl

The sig isn't perfect (though it's still good), but the theme more than makes up for it.

DarkWizard
Themes kick arse.

FG725
Originally posted by DarkWizard
ENTRY:

Props to Kenobi with the C-A-R idea wink
lol Cookie monster kicks arse i remember the episode about the moon being a cookie

DigiMark007
So when's my match going up Law? You were supposed to make both. stick out tongue

TheLaw1224
Nice entry DW, Digimark don't worry your match is going up today.

Lana
Redid this about 3 times....

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4594/tourneyround21rz.jpg

DE Calvin
HAWT!!!! And I like the license plate stick out tongue .

Lana
That took a surprising amount of work, warping the text to fit stick out tongue

DE Calvin
LOL. Have you ever heard of a band named Lydia?

Lana
Nope.

DE Calvin
You should DL them. They are good. BTW..Love the new sig, but i liked the sexy one before it better.

Barker
Originally posted by Lana
Redid this about 3 times....

You ripped the damn thing. no expression

Alana isn't your Username.

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Barker
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue
Cheater change_the_topic

stick out tongue

Lana
Cos I used my real name, which I use 90% of the time on my sigs as opposed to my username which is just my real name without the first letter? stick out tongue

Barker
Cos I used my real name, which I use 90% of the time on my sigs as opposed to my username which is just my real name without the first letter? stick out tongue
Oh..

*Goes to make a sig with the username of Ichael*

DE Calvin
Icheal??? HAHAHAHA.

Lana
Originally posted by Barker
Oh..

*Goes to make a sig with the username of Ichael*

laughing

Most of my real life friends call me either Lana or Lala stick out tongue in fact, most everyone outside of my family calls me by either of those two nicknames.

TOH
You ripped the damn thing. no expression

Alana isn't your Username.
* Invokes the technicality thing* no expression

Barker
Originally posted by TOH
Damn Right rock

Thank Budda for the Pussy way Out. happy

Lana
Originally posted by TOH

Nope, doesn't specify in the criteria that I have to use my username stick out tongue so hah!

DE Calvin
Damn Right rock

Thank Budda for the Pussy way Out. happy
hahahaha

TOH

TheLaw1224
Time to judge....Nice entries both, this will be hard.

DarkWizard:

Nice entry indeed, Fits the criteria, but it's time to disect it.

Blue Color Scheme..... 3/4 Points.

Text, too much/too clustered and just doesn't fit..... 1/4 Points

Backround is eh....not too nice but it fits. 3/4 Points

Again, the motion blur is eh.... doesn't give the full effect of what I want, and the blur really shouldn't have been over the whole car. I would of prefered the back....
2/4 Points

Final Score: 9/16

Lana or shall I say, Alana? You ripper! laughing out loud

Good job Lana, time to disect

Colors are very nice 4/4

Backround is fine, but I would of went with something more abstract-y... 3/4

Text wasn't somthing I liked too much. but It fit in the overall blending. The name you put on the license plate was a nice little bonus thing there though. 4/4

You fit the criteria well, the motion blur fit good. 3/4

Final Score: 14/16

Winner: Lana, congrats your going to our semi-finals.

Darkwizard you did an excellent job too, again this isn't based on fairness with a Guy using GIMP and a 6 year Photoshop veteran going at it laughing
Good job both of you

Lana
Can I just say that DW's entry amused me immensely? stick out tongue

And actually, I tried putting just Lana on the license plate and it wouldn't fit properly. That's why I just used my full name instead stick out tongue

Nice match, DW smile

(and hey....DW beat me before, remember!)

DarkWizard
Indeed... stick out tongue

Any judges for the Semi's? embarrasment

or Finals perhaps?

DigiMark007
Indeed... stick out tongue

Any judges for the Semi's? embarrasment

or Finals perhaps?

Nice duel guys. DW's is hilarious and cool, but I agree with the judging...very close though.

And, if memory serves, Barker's our judge for the semis. We'll be needing one for the 8-way free-for-all, and then at least 1 for the finals (I'm thinking about doing 3 judges for that one). I'll be one of the judges for the finals unless I make it there (highly unlikely), but we'll need at least 1 more...maybe two (the third vote might be a poll).

DarkWizard
How about a voting booth for the Free-for-all?

DE Calvin
Who's all in the FFA?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Who's all in the FFA?

Anyone who lost in round 1....gives everyone in the tourney at least 2 matches.

DigiMark007
How about a voting booth for the Free-for-all?

You mean a poll? Problem is, with 8 people in it and not a ton of members browsing this forum, the winner might not have many votes....and keeping participants from voting in it (even if we did the honor system) would be tricky. I'd like to do a poll for the finals though. It could be fun, and would increase interest.

DE Calvin
Who is in the FFA?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Who is in the FFA?

Anyone who lost in round 1.

DE Calvin
I see, and it's off limits to me?

DigiMark007
Yeah, sorry....only for tourney members.

But I'm sure there'll be other tourneys down the road. smile

DE Calvin
How often do we do 'em?

Lana
*shrugs*

Depends.

DigiMark007
^^ Right. This is the first. Probably a decent gauge would be every 3-5 months (give or take). That way, they're spaced out enough so they don't get repetitive, and long enough for the most recent winner to "reign" over the sig-making world for a while.

Barker
^^ Right. This is the first. Probably a decent gauge would be every 3-5 months (give or take). That way, they're spaced out enough so they don't get repetitive, and long enough for the most recent winner to "reign" over the sig-making world for a while.
Would't Six be better?

Two a year, same start time every year, for all eternity?

DigiMark007
Would't Six be better?

Two a year, same start time every year, for all eternity?

Nothing's really set in stone....and I won't be doing any more after this. So yeah, 6 is as good as any interval.

Lana
Nothing's really set in stone....and I won't be doing any more after this. So yeah, 6 is as good as any interval.

How come?

And I plan to do traditional signature contests (like has been done before) as well.

DigiMark007
How come?

And I plan to do traditional signature contests (like has been done before) as well.

I just figured I'd get the ball rolling with tourneys since I had some experience running them in the comics section. I'm sure there's others who will be willing to spear-head more. So I guess saying "I'm not doing any more" is a bit harsh, but I'm not planning on needing to...

And the traditional contests are cool too. I look forward to entering my first of those.

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.