Hush Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I just read Hush Returns and am a little weired out by some of it. The story was good, and I really liked the Riddler in it. He was handsome and seemed like he'd be charming, which is how I always thought him to be. But what was the deal with the Joker? He wasn't even smiling half the time. He was incredibly rational and was depressed over his wife. I actually felt bad for him and I don't want to. Why in the world was Joker so....human? So normal?

atharpina
Oh yeah, and how come at the end he like strips down and goes to live with some creepy midgets?

Etrigan
I agree with you. I didn't like it at all.

wuTa
really?...was jim lee involved at all?

Knightfall93
So explain the story, amigo! I've been lookin' forwards to that...

atharpina
Well, it's about Hush returning to Gotham to get revenge on Batman and the Riddler (cause the Riddler played basically every other villian as fools before). The Riddler gets scared and asks the Joker to keep him safe in exchange for the name of a corrupt cop that assisted in the death of Joker's wife. Hush gets the help of Promethius or something, a Green Arrow villian, and they beat the crap out of Joker and then the book ends. There's no closure at all, I actually take back what I said about the story being good. The only good thing about it is the Riddler.

Knightfall93
The Joker's dead wife? I thought they never actually CONFIRMED an origin, there's various storylines... I reckon they should keep it that way,, the loony thiinks up different origins but never is 1 confirmed! He's beyond that stage of sanity to want rtevenge as such... and who strips off and joins weird people?

Etrigan
They never confirmed an origin, but they made a good possible one. Alan Moore did teh wonders.

Knightfall93
i know... Killing Joke, but who stripped off and... what midgets?

atharpina
After getting beaten, the Joker walks though the sewers, out to some field and meets with some creepy midget looking people. Don't ask me what was going on, it was nuts.

Knightfall93
I'm scared.... that sounds DISTURBING!

faradayslaw
Yeah, the Joker is going to take over Gotham with his army of creepy oompaloompa's. big grin

batmanreturns2k
i think those midget were part of a joker gang when he used to be red hood he tell them to sell thing and batman could not figered it out but does

Knightfall93
Hmmm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.