Dave Chappelle: Block Party

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
Dave's new movie is coming out March 3rd. The commercial look good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Party_%28film%29

DarkWizard
http://imdb.com/title/tt0425598/

Looks like it came out last year.

Inspectah Deck
It probably was but it comes out in theatres this year

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
http://imdb.com/title/tt0425598/

Looks like it came out last year.
It was released into the film festivals last year, but it will be wide-released this year.

DarkWizard
*sigh*, My eyes are made for overlooking.

Cinemaddiction
I read about this ages ago. I commented in another thread about Michel Gondry directing it, which I'm thrilled with, especially after "ESOTSM". "Human Nature" is a damn good film, too.

Aku
Dave Chapeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllleeeeeeeee

Yeh but dave chapelle was in con air.

Inspectah Deck
Dave has good taste in music. Some of the artist in the movie are The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mos Def etc

Osnard
I really wanna see this. I think there's gonna be more music documentaries this year with this and Favela Rising coming out.
I think there's more but thats the only two I could think of

Nevermind
I'm interested in seeing anything with Dave Chapelle in it. So I'm looking forward to it.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Nevermind
I'm interested in seeing anything with Dave Chapelle in it. So I'm looking forward to it.

^co-sign

Shwartz
Is this just an attempt to come back after leaving the public for a while, but it should be good anyways.

Myth
The reason I won't be seeing this in theaters is because it would be paying to see something worse than his free tv show.

Solo
Originally posted by Shwartz
Is this just an attempt to come back after leaving the public for a while, but it should be good anyways.
It was made before he decided to leave Season Three.

edwinian
i wanna see this BAD.

he was awesome on Inside the Actors Studio!

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by edwinian
i wanna see this BAD.

he was awesome on Inside the Actors Studio!

ahh i missed that!!! i cant wait to see the movie though

edwinian
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
ahh i missed that!!! i cant wait to see the movie though

honestly, check your listings for repeats, because it's worth it. Really good. Dave was just so personable and articulate. And seeing him do an interview (esp with an intelligent dude like Lipton), made me realize how smart and down to earth he is.

I'd send you a tivo'd copy if i could!

Inspectah Deck
The movie is coming out tomorrow! eek!

DarkWizard
Along with 16 Blocks and Ultraviolet! eek!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Along with 16 Blocks and Ultraviolet! eek!

Ultraviolt looks like garbage from the commercials

16 Blocks and Dave's movie look decent

Solo
Block Party is a riot. It also has amazing musical performances by Mos Def, Dead Prez, The Roots, Jill Scott, etc. Everyone who was involved did a wonderful job.

Dave Chappelle's Block Party carries a big heart and it's well worth checking out.

Inspectah Deck
i liked wyclef's part at the end

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.