SM1 questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
Alright, I just watched Spiderman the other night and it brought a few questions to mind.

1. How in the world did he get the real spidey suit? I mean first he has this lame ski mask with a sweat shirt and pant combo, then suddently he has this nice costume.

2.How in the world did no one know who Spiderman was? I mean first he has that mishap in the cafeteria and everyone there sees him walking out with this web thing sticking out of his arm. Then in the school hall way everyone, including MJ and Harry see Peter do all this crazy flippy fighting stuff, just like Spiderman later does. Then at the wrestling thing, he actually does all the Spiderman stuff and then the bookie and some security guards see him without the mask on, not to mention a few others who he probably saw on his way out of the building. Lastly, he doesn't hide his voice at all, how does MJ not tell who he is? Especally after he says "You know who I am.."

3. Don't you all think the GG would have looked a whole lot better if they'd have just given him a hood thing? I mean his mask was pretty alright, it was the body suit that made him look all power rangery.

4.What was that weird pumpkin bomb that turned the Oscorp guys into skeletons? Is there any history on that one or was it just made up for the movie?

5. Was Norman Osborn actually a bad man who became worse or a good guy who had an accident?

6. What do you think Pete did with the Goblin suit and glider after Norman was killed?

Alright, those are just a few questions I had. Share your views, opinions, and so on and so forth.

Doc Ock
1. God knows.Peter must be one hell of a good tailor.Though in the comics he makes his own Spidey costume too.

2.Bad storytelling.Look at SM-2,everyone on the train saw his face.I wonder how many will find out in SM-3.Maybe he'll walk thru a stadium of crowded people with his mask off lol.

3.Almost anything would have looked better than that cheap looking green plastic costume he had.The hood would definitely have looked great IMO.

4.Personally I've never seen that used in the comics.But I imagine it has some kind of chemical in it,that when it explodes,destroys human flesh.

5.Like Octavius in the comics,he was an egotistical jerk,who gained an awesome power,and became worse.In the movie he was a pretty nice guy,who was driven insane by the performance enhancers.

6.He probably dumped it somewhere.Most likely at the bottom of the river where nobody would find it.

DBZ MAN
Is it just me or are other members trying to please other members about how the Green Goblin's suit is like a power rangers? I honestly have no problem with his suit (does this mean i'm not in the 'in-crowd'? no ) even though I will admit that you can pas him of in a power ranger show but I mean if you look at the practical side of it, it's just like tha batman army suit..but green....and no insignias on.

Spideys Sister
1. He relized people from the wrestling arena would recognize him so he made a new costume
2. People don't pay attention to nerddy Petey Parker
3.laughing out loud Alot of ppl think so
4.I'm with doc on this.
5. Norman varys depending on what you read. In USM he B.A. 24/7 but in the movie I'm with Doc again, Ozzy was a decent guy, to say the least.
6.Doc Ock I agree again, bottom of the East River. Right under the bridge.

doctorstrongbad
Even with those points it was still an awesome movie. wink

Knightfall93
It was... but how did norman make a new glider and suit, they were prototypes but in SM2 Harry finds the lair with all the bombs, suit, glider etc...

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Knightfall93
It was... but how did norman make a new glider and suit, they were prototypes but in SM2 Harry finds the lair with all the bombs, suit, glider etc...

It's obvious they were spares.

Cascador
well the green goblin's costume might have looked like a power ranger costume....but I'm glad he at least didn't ACT like one! lol

Knightfall93
He acted really really well...

Doc Ock
The villains are the best things about these movies.

spencerspider
yea, crappy villain usually mean crappy movie. Luckily Spiderman has great villains.

Knightfall93
Willem DaFoe and Alfred molina were AWESOME

Cascador
yeah I agree, they were cool villains...also seeing william dafoe back in spider-man 2 was awesome even if it was for a few seconds! that's cool about the spider-man movies...they have seperate stories, yet also a story that continues

atharpina
I read that the only reason Willem even appeared during the second movie was that he loved making the first so much that he asked Raimi to slip another role in for him.

You got to love the man's enthusiasm....

Silverstein
maybe peter parker took the fashion course in school?

Knightfall93
Oh, so now we have budding Peter "I'll- make- my- own- clothes- and- become- a- gay- transvestite" Parker?

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by atharpina
Alright, I just watched Spiderman the other night and it brought a few questions to mind.

1. How in the world did he get the real spidey suit? I mean first he has this lame ski mask with a sweat shirt and pant combo, then suddently he has this nice costume.

2.How in the world did no one know who Spiderman was? I mean first he has that mishap in the cafeteria and everyone there sees him walking out with this web thing sticking out of his arm. Then in the school hall way everyone, including MJ and Harry see Peter do all this crazy flippy fighting stuff, just like Spiderman later does. Then at the wrestling thing, he actually does all the Spiderman stuff and then the bookie and some security guards see him without the mask on, not to mention a few others who he probably saw on his way out of the building. Lastly, he doesn't hide his voice at all, how does MJ not tell who he is? Especally after he says "You know who I am.."

3. Don't you all think the GG would have looked a whole lot better if they'd have just given him a hood thing? I mean his mask was pretty alright, it was the body suit that made him look all power rangery.

4.What was that weird pumpkin bomb that turned the Oscorp guys into skeletons? Is there any history on that one or was it just made up for the movie?

5. Was Norman Osborn actually a bad man who became worse or a good guy who had an accident?

6. What do you think Pete did with the Goblin suit and glider after Norman was killed?

Alright, those are just a few questions I had. Share your views, opinions, and so on and so forth.

1. HE made the suit.

2. For the cafeteria, school hall and wrestling arena scenes, nobody cared because Peter was an unpopular geek. For the voice thing, he has a different attitude as Spider-Man so he doesn't need to diguise it. It's not like he talks to MJ as Spider-Man on a daily basis.

3. The suit was probably a bad idea.

4. Made for the movie, I guess. Flesh eating virus?

5. Good Guy in an accident, I say.

6. Destroyed it, dumped it in the sea, handed it to the police, Many possibilities.

Spideys Sister
Oh, so now we have budding Peter "I'll- make- my- own- clothes- and- become- a- gay- transvestite" Parker? Okay. EW.

Knightfall93
Well said... "Ew!"

Spideys Sister
When are we gonna get Tobey as Scarlet Spider, Man-Spider and my personal fave....Spider-Dad? Can't wait....

Cascador
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
When are we gonna get Tobey as Scarlet Spider, Man-Spider and my personal fave....Spider-Dad? Can't wait....

I think scarlet spider is the best! but I dont think that's gonna happen in the movies...

Spideys Sister
Alot of ppl like him. It should.

Knightfall93
Umm... no

Mr Parker
Originally posted by atharpina

1.Like Doc said,god knows he must be a tailor or something.

2.also like doc said,bad story telling.Those are just a few examples you listed on why that movie is so horrible and why Raimi should be shot for such horrible film making.

3.Alex Ross had a design on the goblin that would have rocked.That goblin suit was atrocious.That along with point two were mistakes that were inexcusable.

4.good question.

5.Well in the movie he was a good guy who became bad because of the accident which really betrayed his character in the comic because in the comic,he was already a jerk who was selfish and greedy and became even more bad after the accident becoming evil.

6.thats anybodys guess.

good questions and good thread.

Spideys Sister
Umm... no How do you not like Spidey in a sweat shirt. I made a Spidergirl in a similar costume.(scans coming soon.) I don't know if I mentioned that. But I've always admired Scarlet Spidey. I can only not like House of M Spidey. Sucked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.