Is Sex Forbidden?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
whats this? a topic?

yeah.

i've been wondering...is sex forbidden in the jedi order?
not love/marriage/attachment etc....but just sex.

what throws me off is how kenobi obviously likes to drink.
a drink can certainly be considered a worldly pleasure a.k.a.
getting a buzz. even when persuing an assassin he finds time
to shoot one down. my point? by any logic alcohol is a path
to the darkside. not only that but it dulls the senses.

"but he wasnt ordering a REAL drink, just some blue milk...or something"

bullshit. he bought a shot of booze. why? because he felt like it.

so what do you think? in a scenario of mutual consent with no
attachment, are the jedi allowed to get it on?

Thorin
hell yeah, shit, all that pentup frustration, i would get my groove on the minue i saw a space hooker. embarrasment stick out tongue

Faroth

sithsaber408
Well, the ones with less game can use the mind-trick. big grin

I'm gonna say no.

Kenobi takes a drink because of the fact that he can't get laid.

(Makes things easier you know, what with Anakin doing all the "f*cking" up)

Darth Zhin

PVS
Originally posted by Faroth

thanks for the input thumb up

oooo did you catch the on-topic pun? stick out tongue

Thorin
i dont know about yall, but if i saw aayla in da hallway at night with naught but her undies, BAM spit my game on her and we straight knockin boots.

Blaxican_Jedi
Originally posted by Thorin
i dont know about yall, but if i saw aayla in da hallway at night with naught but her undies, BAM spit my game on her and we straight knockin boots.

DAMN SRAIGHT! Shes packin man...packin...

PVS
but im SERIOUS!!! mad

i know the thread is playful in nature but
please, give it some thought.

also, i forgot to add that the sex would be protected,
since of coarse offspring can lead to attachment...etc.

Thorin
well ok buzzkill stick out tongue I think they could have sex if they wanted, but i think mant dont stray from the code, sucks, but what you gona do.................when the HULKSTER and all his HULKAMANIACS run wild on you....?

Darth Zhin

Blaxican_Jedi
You KNOW Yodas bangin Yaddle. Don't even TRY to deny it.

Thorin
when the Zhin man is right, he's right, but if they could or would have sex, the could have avoided that pesky order66, with an ass-load of offspring.

PVS

Darth Zhin
perhaps...

or maybe Lucas never give this thing much tought.

nevertheless, good thread.

and many thanks Thorin

Thorin
nuttin to it buddy

Xam
SEX IS GOOD!Sex isint the path to the darkside,pregnant girls are...

Thorin
laughing

kalsemo
Originally posted by PVS
whats this? a topic?

yeah.

Holy Mackerel, PVS has started a thread!!!!

And, to top if off, you - who likes to rip people to shreds for their threads (cool- I rhymed!!!) - are starting a thread about jedi SEX?

And how, pray tell, do you connect from asking about jedi sex, to all of the sudden questioning kenobi's drinking habits?

KENobi™
Originally posted by kalsemo

And, to top if off, you - who likes to rip people to shreds for their threads (cool- I rhymed!!!) - are starting a thread about jedi SEX?

And how, pray tell, do you connect from asking about jedi sex, to all of the sudden questioning kenobi's drinking habits?

Because it's all the same...is he breaking the Jedi code? Obviously he's allowed a drink, so why not sex as long as there is no attachment?

This raises a new theory, after Order 66, the few Jedi who survived had to of hooked up with either each other or locals (depending on species, etc) just in case they need to provide the galaxy with new beings who are strong in the Force.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by PVS
but that bridges my thinking about kenobi taking a drink.
really he's doing a drug when youre realistic about it, so
he is flirting with a dependancy, right?

so he's reckless? i dont think so.
in fact i think its stressed that post ep-1 kenobi is
not only one of the best jedi, but also the equivalent of
a straight and narrow eagle scout type.

so there must be a certain level of allowance imho.

Your point is entirely fair, and I do remember my friends and myself making jokes about which one of those four towers in the Temple was the 'Whore Tower', once we established that it was only attachment that was the problem.

But it we kidmnapped GL and beat him until he cared enough to give an answer, I'm pretty sure he would say that managing your drinking and trying to not give a shit about a baby you have by mistake are two very different things.

Twilight Janick
Ki-Adi-Mundi is allowed to have four wives and seven kids! He would never have gotten that many kids if he wasn't allowed sex!

Mišt
...my god, do you people even read why he's allowed to do that? The thread is about casual sex anyway, no attachments involved.

The only Jedi I can recall doing it is Quinlan.....and the Jedi didnt seem to mind as much, although he was going to resign from the Order...

Originally posted by KENobi™
This raises a new theory, after Order 66, the few Jedi who survived had to of hooked up with either each other or locals (depending on species, etc) just in case they need to provide the galaxy with new beings who are strong in the Force.

Did the Empire kill off all Force potentials? Say a kid is born with Force potential to become a Jedi, but cant be trained because the Jedi are dead, how did the Empire know/prevent it?

steverules
Leia and Anakin broke the Jedi code, who else has done it?

kimmeh
Originally posted by PVS
whats this? a topic?

yeah.

yeah they can.. if they have enough republic credits wink

steverules
LOL, boba had enough of those for that dancer in Jabbas palace.

Council#13
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
Ki-Adi-Mundi is allowed to have four wives and seven kids! He would never have gotten that many kids if he wasn't allowed sex!

He was allowed to have children because the Cerean birthrate was too low. I think that sex is forbidden (unless with Ki-Adi-Mundi's case) because it might lead to attachment to the Jedi's partner and possibly children. Ki-Adi-Mundi felt strong feelings of attachment to his family, until they were killed in the Clone Wars

chilled monkey

Council#13
Yeup

steverules
Maybe Anakin knocked up Padme was because so many human Jedis were getting killed and he decided that it was his duty to help repopulate the human Jedi race.

PVS
whats this talk of children?
i posted later that this sex would be protected.
i should have thought to add that to my initial post, my bad.
and im sure in a universe so advanced, a method of
birth control would have been created with has a 100%
effectiveness. (please don't say "abstinence"wink
lets just assume thats the case, and thus there is no
chance of reproduction.

steverules
Well this was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Who knows if they have protection or not?

JenR1215
Protection is where "the force" comes in shifty

If they can pick things up, choke people, and throw things. Just imagine what one could do to you. naughty

Ushgarak
Originally posted by PVS
whats this talk of children?
i posted later that this sex would be protected.
i should have thought to add that to my initial post, my bad.
and im sure in a universe so advanced, a method of
birth control would have been created with has a 100%
effectiveness. (please don't say "abstinence"wink
lets just assume thats the case, and thus there is no
chance of reproduction.

That's just loading the question. I don't agree, I am pretty sure they would want to stomp out all risk.

Ki-Adi's family is entirely EU, folks.

PVS
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's just loading the question. I don't agree, I am pretty sure they would want to stomp out all risk.

Ki-Adi's family is entirely EU, folks.

not loading the question at all ush.
stop thinking in terms of reality and think in terms of
a universe where you can have a severed hand replaced
by a fully functional and feeling hand. a universe of every
concievable medical marvel besides raising the dead, and
its not too difficult to imagine. not only the possibility of such,
but the probablility of it.

i know im digging deep, but the whole topic is digging deeper
than GL would even care to ponder, so humor me.

henniestevens
I think every grown up jedi can make his own choices and they're trained to know whats good and wrong. When a pretty girl tells Obi she always dreamed of having sex with a mighty jedi, I'm sure he would fullfill her wish, without becoming attached to her. He would help her and that's the jedi way.

Darth Zhin

Cascador
wasn't there a theory once (I don't say it's canon) but that after Anakin became Vader the balance in the Force was so broken no more Jedi potentials were born...heard that somewhere

anyway yes sex is forbidden, Anakin saw it as a danger to tell Obi-Wan because he was so afraid to get closed out because he was married and he knocked up his wife...all too wrong lol!

I don't think drinking is forbidden as long as you can keep yourself sober...at least sober enough to not make attachments...like...SEX!!!

Twilight Janick

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
not loading the question at all ush.
stop thinking in terms of reality and think in terms of
a universe where you can have a severed hand replaced
by a fully functional and feeling hand. a universe of every
concievable medical marvel besides raising the dead, and
its not too difficult to imagine. not only the possibility of such,
but the probablility of it.

i know im digging deep, but the whole topic is digging deeper
than GL would even care to ponder, so humor me.

the fact remains however, that according to canon its a no no isnt it? You've kind of strayed off into EU territory.

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
the fact remains however, that according to canon its a no no isnt it? You've kind of strayed off into EU territory.

canon only deals with love and attachment.
casual sex is never mentioned

PVS

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
canon only deals with love and attachment.
casual sex is never mentioned

Hmmmm, I think it would be a forgone conclusion.

kalsemo
ummm... wait a minute.... fundamental here.... of course sex can't be forbidden... how in the world then are jedi even born!!!!!! unless ALL jedi were born like anakin, immaculately (Spelling?) supposedly without a father????

PVS

ummm... wait a minute.... fundamental here.... of course sex can't be forbidden... how in the world then are jedi even born!!!!!! unless ALL jedi were born like anakin, immaculately (Spelling?) supposedly without a father????

do you actually pay attention to the films or are you just here to idiotize this thread?

huh....new word

truejedi
Originally posted by PVS
do you actually pay attention to the films or are you just here to idiotize this thread?

huh....new word

No, i think he has a point. He is saying that only people who are sensitive in the force are chosen to be jedi. We know that this force sensitivity is genetic. Now if the jedi never have sex, then there would be no more force sensitive people. We are talking about jedi having casaul sex with people, they become pregnant, and make new jedi babies. Otherwise, the force sensitivity would die off wouldn't it?

Padmé Amidala
They aren't allowed to have sex, its as clear as a bell yet still there's debate lol Unless the Jedi Youngling numbers start to decrease and they want to get more "midi-chlorians" out there.... eh hem

Cascador
Originally posted by truejedi
No, i think he has a point. He is saying that only people who are sensitive in the force are chosen to be jedi. We know that this force sensitivity is genetic. Now if the jedi never have sex, then there would be no more force sensitive people. We are talking about jedi having casaul sex with people, they become pregnant, and make new jedi babies. Otherwise, the force sensitivity would die off wouldn't it?

Shmi Skywalker wasn't Force sensitive...and look what she got! The most Force-sensitive lad in the universe!

I don't think that not force-sensitive people have less chance to get force-sensitive children. who knows even Jedi could get not-force sensitive children...there is no proof of that.

Padmé Amidala
I think to a certain degree everyone is force sensitive, but there can be exceptions when it comes to children. Its difficult to know how its all supposed to work

Thorin
random in my book.

truejedi
Originally posted by Cascador
Shmi Skywalker wasn't Force sensitive...and look what she got! The most Force-sensitive lad in the universe!

I don't think that not force-sensitive people have less chance to get force-sensitive children. who knows even Jedi could get not-force sensitive children...there is no proof of that.

in defense, shmi was obviously a very special case. And it is true, there is no proof, i was just supposing, b/c of anakin-luke, leia.

PVS
Originally posted by truejedi

force sensativity may be genetic, but that doesnt mean its necessary in any way for jedi to breed. thats a poor leap in logic.

however i will agree that it only makes sense that the jedi would breed, since it saves alot of searching. ill even go so far as to suggest that yoda had that in mind in his advice to luke and in turn leia. but i dont want to get ush's nickers in a twist again, as is the case when ever i bring up my 'yoda's revised code' theory, so ill just drop that stick out tongue

PVS

Cascador
Originally posted by PVS
we dont know that. in fact i would go so far as to say that she was, and thats why it was the will of the force that she carry the chosen one. but we dont know.

Then explain the next to me...why was Qui-Gon capable of sensing that Anakin was force-sensitive, but wasn't able to sense if Shmi was. Qui-Gon knew that she wasn't...that is why he was curious after his father. A kid with such a high midi-chlorian count probably had a Force-sensitive parent, but it wasn't Shmi...

kalsemo
Originally posted by PVS

huh....new word

do you actually pay attention to the films YES!!!
or are you just here to idiotize this thread? NO, duh of course not!!!

Just asking fair questions!!!!!

Hey, you started it, by opening up a thread about SEX, so whudja expect????

PVS
Then explain the next to me...why was Qui-Gon capable of sensing that Anakin was force-sensitive, but wasn't able to sense if Shmi was. Qui-Gon knew that she wasn't...that is why he was curious after his father. A kid with such a high midi-chlorian count probably had a Force-sensitive parent, but it wasn't Shmi...

he sensed the force through anakins actions. he felt when anakin USED the force. thats why he never suspected anakin to be force capable until long after meeting him. that and learning that anakin was able to pod race.

shmi never used the force. so its very possible that she was force capable, but never had the opportunity or circumstance to show it, or even know about it.

Cascador
Anakin never did an action with the Force...Qui-Gon just never concentrated on him...you have to concentrate on a person to sense his Force capabilities...Qui-Gon was intrigued with Anakin because he was able to race pods...but he never did an action with the Force.

PVS
.Qui-Gon just never concentrated on him.

thats beyond opinion and straight into wrong.

quigon never had a clue until he learned of anakin could pod race, and that no human without the power of precognition could pull that off. its spelled out in the script quite clearly. and even then he had to give him a blood test.

it was only when anakin was racing that (we can only assume) that qui gon could actually sense his power. but quigon learned before that, and completely without a sense of anything in anakin, but rather a sense of destiny

Cascador
I dont think he would make assumptions as "he can see things before they happen" just because he thought "the kid has to be Force sensitive otherwise he wouldn't be able to race a pod". Qui-Gon should have sensed that...

PVS
I dont think he would make assumptions as "he can see things before they happen" just because he thought "the kid has to be Force sensitive otherwise he wouldn't be able to race a pod".

assumed, yes. thats exactly what he did.
that, combined with his revelation that it was the will of the force that brough them together.

anakin did not use the force until the pod race. there is no way for a jedi to sense another's power when they are not using the force. thats why quigon had his blood tested. if he sensed the force in anakin there would have been no need to, would there?

mace=badass
Ki-Adi Mundi had many a wife.

PVS
i'm sure he did, but thats all EU.

mace=badass
To like................. save the Cereans.....

PVS
yes yes and mace used vaapad. got it. great. now lets stick to canon, ok?

Cascador
Originally posted by PVS
assumed, yes. thats exactly what he did.
that, combined with his revelation that it was the will of the force that brough them together.

anakin did not use the force until the pod race. there is no way for a jedi to sense another's power when they are not using the force. thats why quigon had his blood tested. if he sensed the force in anakin there would have been no need to, would there?

no he did the blood test because he knew he was force sensitive and wanted to know how strong he is in the Force...because he was assuming (yes assuming) he could be the chosen one. Why was Qui-Gon so interested in Anakin's father? Couldn't it be possible that he heired it from his mother if you assume that Shmi was Force-sensitive too!

Sesse
If sex is forbidden, are they kicking their padawans on a daily basis for "shaking their snakes" too loudly during the dark hours?

kalsemo
Originally posted by Sesse
If sex is forbidden, are they kicking their padawans on a daily basis for "shaking their snakes" too loudly during the dark hours?

lol laughing

PVS
ANAKIN: I'm the only human who can do it.

(hint?)

QUI-GON: You must have Jedi reflexes if you race Pods.

(pretty self explanatory)

SHMI: No, Ani's right, there is no other way... I may not like it, but he can
help you... he was meant to help you.

(here is where quigon's naive side takes over and he is not only certain that anakin is force capable, but that he is meant for something great, and that it was the will of the force that he found him)

but its quite clear that it was at that dinner table that quigon learned of anakins abilities (vaguely of coarse) and it was all by assumption and no sensing of the force in anakin at all. thats fact

PVS
Why was Qui-Gon so interested in Anakin's father? Couldn't it be possible that he heired it from his mother if you assume that Shmi was Force-sensitive too!

missed this question.

...perhaps he asked her with the hope that she would say that he had no father, which is what he wanted to hear.

Captain REX
Regarding the Force-sensitivity of offspring...

It seems that it happens at random, though it is more likely for a Jedi's offspring to be Force-sensitive than for a non-sensitive man's offspring to be.

mace=badass
In TPM when nakin says, "I'm building a new droid." to Padme, Qui-Gon mouths it. It is funny.

Captain REX
Good for you. Either add to the conversation or stay silent.

And PVS, how is Qui-Gon being naive? Perhaps Qui-Gon could sense it but didn't say anything due to the boy's age?

mace=badass
I did add. Sex is probably forbidden because you might to 'attached' to it.

PVS
Originally posted by Captain REX
Good for you. Either add to the conversation or stay silent.

And PVS, how is Qui-Gon being naive? Perhaps Qui-Gon could sense it but didn't say anything due to the boy's age?

i said he was naive with regard to his unconditional trust in the prophecy, and his wish to find the chosen one.

as far as quigon not saying anything, remember that they met at wattos junk shop, where quigon then parted ways with him, never intending to see him again. if he was able to sense the force in anyone, regardless of whether or not they were using it, anakin should have been like a walking christmas tree.

Cascador
no the fact just says that because Qui-Gon was interested in Anakin's father, he knew that Shmi didn't have a hight midi-Chlorian count...that is what this was about in the beginning not how he found out how Anakin had Force Powers.

PVS
no the fact just says that because Qui-Gon was interested in Anakin's father, he knew that Shmi didn't have a hight midi-Chlorian count...that is what this was about in the beginning not how he found out how Anakin had Force Powers.

how is that fact? its not. its just your own guess.

he did NOT know shmi's midi count. thats ridiculous that you would just blurt that and call it fact.

Padmé Amidala
Its not a guess its plain common sense. I do believe that Shmi was force sensitive to a point, but she wasnt unique. The whole point is that Anakin was concieved by the Force itself, Qui-Gon was able to sense the Force was strong with Anakin, he would have sensed it also with Shmi, its plain obvious. So of course he would inquire about the father cause he probably assumed thats why Anakin was so strong in the Force, the fact he didnt sense much in Shmi, then when he hears there's no father....... Something strange was going on

JenR1215
Originally posted by mace=badass
I did add. Sex is probably forbidden because you might to 'attached' to it.
Hey, they werent born with light sabers just to play with them.

PVS
what is planely obvious is you have not been paying attention to the debate at all.

quigon met anakin and DID NOT KNOW he was force capable. he turned around and left wattos shop, leaving THE. CHOSEN. ONE. without even noticing. your 'common sense' is nothing but poor assumption.

he asks a simple question and everyone deducts that shmi has no midi count.
thats foolish.

now, im not saying she DID, because that would also be a foolish assumption.
all im saying is that clearly there was no answer to that.

Cascador
Jedi can sense the force in persons...that's is open knowledge...they don't have to do some kind of trick to see if they are very force sensitive...Luke and Leia were just Babies...Jedi can sense emotions...Yoda sensed that in Luke in ESB...And you don't have to be very strong in the Force to guess things from a screen, yet the Council could sense that Anakin was very strong in the Force.

Qui-Gon didn't pay any attention to Anakin first in the shop...He didn't have any light glowing around him saying "I'm the chosen one you idiot, check me out!" So he couldn't have sensed anything in Anakin if he wasn't interested in him

PVS
Jedi can sense the force in persons...that's is open knowledge...

NO IT ISNT. its your own assumption, and its dead wrong. jedi can only sense power when its being used. thats why quigon didnt know ani was force capable, until their conversation and then the blood test. thats why yoda didnt know how powerful luke was until he lifted the xwing with minimal training. remember that bugged out expression on his face? there was a reason for that.

they don't have to do some kind of trick to see if they are very force sensitive.

yes they do. they have to USE THE FORCE or be blood screened. describing it as "some kind of trick" doesnt succeed in thwarting the facts.

..Luke and Leia were just Babies...Jedi can sense emotions...Yoda sensed that in Luke in ESB...And you don't have to be very strong in the Force to guess things from a screen, yet the Council could sense that Anakin was very strong in the Force.

this is all jumbled, so ill just say this:

what does luke and leia have to do with it? perhaps yoda sensed that the babies could sense their mother's emotion. whats your point?

as far as seeing the view screen, gee, do you think that perhaps anakin was using the force to see the images? could that have been why they sensed him? but then again, they never claimed to have sensed his abilities did they?

Cascador
I spoke about the babies, because Obi-Wan and Yoda already knew they were going to be strong in the Force...and Luke didn't lack strength in the Force to pick up the X-wing...yoda didn't wanted to see if he had the strength to pick it up..he wanted to know if he could control his powers it's all about control...like he said...

To sense force powers you have to use your own force powers...and that is what Qui-Gon didn't do in the shop! That's why he didn't sense anything...you call it my assumptions...but it is just your assumtions that people have to make an action in the Force so that other people can sense it. I agree that if people use the Force it is easier to feel someone's power...but I don't agree that people can't sense someone's Force strength if they don't use the Force at all...

The council did say Anakin was strong in the Force...they even sensed more...Ki-Adi-Mundi sensed that he was strong in the Force and Yoda saw that his future was clouded...did Anakin do something evil..dark so Yoda could sense it? nope!

You just don't want to admit that you said one mistake...Shmi wasn't Force sensitive...

Padmé Amidala
'There, Qui-Gon discovered a young slave boy named Anakin Skywalker, who was strong in the Force. Sensing the boy's potential, Qui-Gon liberated Anakin from slavery'

Direct quote from the starwars.com databank, they can sense the abilities in the force in others.

Darth Zhin
I missed most of the debate... are we still talking about sex and attachments?

Tangible God
Jedi-banging is bad m'kay.

Padmé Amidala
lol big grin

PVS
I spoke about the babies, because Obi-Wan and Yoda already knew they were going to be strong in the Force...and Luke didn't lack strength in the Force to pick up the X-wing...yoda didn't wanted to see if he had the strength to pick it up..he wanted to know if he could control his powers it's all about control...like he said...

obiwan and yoda knew because they were anakin's offspring. thanks for adding to my point on heredity.

and yes, yoda was testing luke, but as per usual you have missed the point. it was intended that yoda look intensely surprised that luke managed to lift the xwing. that was the first time yoda really sensed his power. thats why he looked surprised. are you going to tell me that frank oz just had a seizure and thats why yodas face looked like that? and to further my point: "this one, a long time have i watched". yoda sensed luke through the force, but never sensed the depths of his power. why? because until then he never really tapped his potential. unless you think dodging a remote and force grabbing a lightsaber are impressive feats.

here's another bit of proof for you.

"perhaps you are not as strong as the emporer thought"

(luke uses the force and demonstrates his skill and power)

"impressive....MOST impressive"

luke's own father, who could sense where luke was hiding on hoth, did not know how powerful he was. sensing the feelings of others and sensing their power do NOT go hand in hand.

To sense force powers you have to use your own force powers...and that is what Qui-Gon didn't do in the shop!

and i suppose thats fact again? because you said so?

That's why he didn't sense anything...you call it my assumptions...but it is just your assumtions that people have to make an action in the Force so that other people can sense it. I agree that if people use the Force it is easier to feel someone's power...but I don't agree that people can't sense someone's Force strength if they don't use the Force at all...

too bad thats the way it is. thus the reason the twins remained safely hidden from vader, as well as why quigon did not immediately sense anakin's power, or more to the point that he had ANY capability in the force.

The council did say Anakin was strong in the Force...they even sensed more...Ki-Adi-Mundi sensed that he was strong in the Force and Yoda saw that his future was clouded...did Anakin do something evil..dark so Yoda could sense it? nope!

why are you trying to put words in my mouth? thats so weak and annoying. please dont do that. and please learn to read what i type or dont waste my time.

AS I SAID, anakin used the force to see the screen. COMMON SENSE FFS. also the audience only sees part of the test, which could have been far more extensive. and, blow my mind, but they just might have been informed of his midi count as well. perish the thought, i know.

You just don't want to admit that you said one mistake...Shmi wasn't Force sensitive...

and at what point did i say that she was force sensative? please quote where i said that.

i suggested that there is no proof that she wasnt force capable. and i am correct in saying so. there is no proof. ignoring what i say, putting words in my mouth, and dancing around key points only manages to derail the topic (case and point, here we are) and bore everyone. so if you dont want to debate sensibly and only want to prove yourself right by touting opinion as fact and distorting the argument, then you're going to have to find another dance partner.

sithsaber408
gun_owned_h4h

Captain REX
Originally posted by PVS
quigon met anakin and DID NOT KNOW he was force capable. he turned around and left wattos shop, leaving THE. CHOSEN. ONE. without even noticing. your 'common sense' is nothing but poor assumption.

What is this, the Matrix? Is Qui-Gon supposed to focus like Neo and see a halo around Anakin's head and signs pointing to him saying 'THE. CHOSEN. ONE.' everywhere? Not really. If anything, he could probably sense that he was strong in the Force, but really, you can't sense that he's the Chosen One; besides, he was too old. But after Qui-Gon gathered some facts, he decided that's what Anakin must be, due to the lack of a father and the absurdly high midichlorian count.

chinabing
Qui-Gon sensed "something" in the royal starship hyperdrive bay before they set out; had to be Anakin.

And the answer to the headline is no. Lucas made note of this at the AOTC press Q & A in 2002 when the media hounded him about that "are you allowed to love?" line. Jedi are not monks; attachment, (marriage) is forbidden.

Cascador
PVS...too bad you also miss a lot of what I say...for example...I said that Yoda wasn't looking at Luke's strength to lift up the X-Wing...he was watching at his concentration...he already knew that Luke was strong in the Force...so why test him on that?

and you said it just yourself...how could Yoda sense Luke's potential in the Force...if he wasn't using force powers...but still he could sense it from even another planet...

okay you never said she was force sensitive...but like I said..I say that Jedi can sense someone is strong in the force or not without that person using Force powers...

and if you dont have to use your force powers to sense another persons force capabilites...why can't normal people do it then if they don't need Force powers? That's why I called it a fact...

PVS
Originally posted by Captain REX
What is this, the Matrix? Is Qui-Gon supposed to focus like Neo and see a halo around Anakin's head and signs pointing to him saying 'THE. CHOSEN. ONE.' everywhere? Not really. If anything, he could probably sense that he was strong in the Force, but really, you can't sense that he's the Chosen One; besides, he was too old. But after Qui-Gon gathered some facts, he decided that's what Anakin must be, due to the lack of a father and the absurdly high midichlorian count.

et tu rex?

i was only stressing that not only did quigon turn his back on a potential jedi, but the prophetic 'one'. just to forsake the base hit and knock it out of the park. there was no way for quigon to tell, since he neither inquired nor was present when anakin was (inadvertantly) using the force. after learning of his extraordinary skills (podracing) and shmi's words of "he was meant to help you" appealing to quigons naive side, THEN he realised he was dealing with a powerful being. had the conversation never come up, and had anakin never used the force around him, he could have roomed with ani and shmi for months and still not have known.

PVS
PVS...too bad you also miss a lot of what I say...for example...I said that Yoda wasn't looking at Luke's strength to lift up the X-Wing...he was watching at his concentration...he already knew that Luke was strong in the Force...so why test him on that?

then ask GL, because he instructed frank oz (or whoever's job it was to operate yoda's facial expression) to give yoda an expression of absolute dumbfounded awe. it was the first time he felt the true depth of luke's power. "HOLY SHIT" if you will. and yes, yoda WAS testing his abilities, or more accurate, his ability and belief in said abilities. how else could luke have "failed" if he wasnt being tested? c'mon dude erm

and you said it just yourself...how could Yoda sense Luke's potential in the Force...if he wasn't using force powers...but still he could sense it from even another planet...

NO he didnt sense luke's power. he was WATCHING luke, just as luke was able to sense the pain of han solo and chewie, who have zero force potential (as far as we know)

okay you never said she was force sensitive...but like I said..I say that Jedi can sense someone is strong in the force or not without that person using Force powers..

which i take with a grain of salt, because its based on nothing.

Cascador
Luke failed because he didn't concentrate enough...like I said many times before...I could also add that he was afraid to fail...but that has nothing to do with his strenght...

And you assume that Yoda can watch everybody on any planet...Luke must be strong in the Force for Yoda to see him...He knew where Luke was...concentrated on his strength that is how he was able to see him. The stronger he is...the easier it is for Yoda to sense him.

Luke was able to sense the pain of Han and Chewie? So could Anakin of Shmi! Cause everybody has midi-chlorians otherwise they wouldn't even be alive like Qui-Gon said...that gives them some strength in the Force but not enough to be Jedi of course...

PVS
Luke failed because he didn't concentrate enough...like I said many times before...I could also add that he was afraid to fail...but that has nothing to do with his strenght...

the point is that yoda was surprised by luke's strength, obviously meaning he could not sense the depth of his power. i thought that was simple to grasp, but alas...

again you're trying to twist my point.

And you assume that Yoda can watch everybody on any planet

never said that did i? i said that a a force user can observe a non force user.

again you put words in my mouth.

...Luke must be strong in the Force for Yoda to see him...He knew where Luke was...concentrated on his strength that is how he was able to see him. The stronger he is...the easier it is for Yoda to sense him.

based entirely on blind assumption as nowhere in the saga is this even HINTED at.

again you tout opinion as fact

Luke was able to sense the pain of Han and Chewie? So could Anakin of Shmi! Cause everybody has midi-chlorians otherwise they wouldn't even be alive like Qui-Gon said...

so a force user can sense the feelings of a non force user. thanks for enforcing my point. so, that would make ability in the force irrelivent. whether or not one jedi can sense the power of another jedi who is not using that power is never answered, but the evidence against is strong. if you would read my points you would see why. the emporer and vader could not sense luke or leia...or yoda....or ben. why? because they were not USING their abilities, and thus creating a disturbance in the force.

that was how the sith finally caught on. lukes use of his power on dagobah created a disturbance in the force, as did ben when he used his powers aboard the deathstar.

the force is an energy field. a jedi acts as a conductor, NOT a battery. when not using the force, they are just people with a shitload of midis.

Cascador
Dude nevermind...You say I twist your words...I don't...

I said the following things:
-Jedi can sense emotions from aswell people not strong in the Force as well as strong in the Force...they can sense their strenght. Yoda sensed Anakin's emotions who is strong in the Force...Qui-gon sensed the emotions of the neimodians who are not strong in the Force.
-Jedi can sense the strenght of people strong in the Force indeed better when they are actually using their Force powers.
-The further a person is...the more difficult of course it becomes for a person to sense someone...because you would have to concentrate so hard which makes it almost impossible for someone to sense someone else from another planet. Vader sensed something familiar on the deathstar...he could sense obi-wan...but obi-wan wasn't using force powers...like I said it's easier to sense someone when they are using force powers...that is indeed the reason how Vader was more sure that Obi-Wan was present on the death star because he was beginning to use the Force
-If you don't need to use the Force to sense someone strenght or emotions, why cant someone weak in the Force sense something.
Thus the explenation...Qui-Gon couldn't sense Anakin's Force powers because he didn't use the Force on him, because he never assumed he had potential...cause for sensing someone's strenght you have to be pretty strong in the Force...like Jedi.

PVS
wow...

PVS
i actually triple posted blink

PVS
Dude nevermind...You say I twist your words...I don't...

I said the following things:
-Jedi can sense emotions from aswell people not strong in the Force as well as strong in the Force...they can sense their strenght. Yoda sensed Anakin's emotions who is strong in the Force...Qui-gon sensed the emotions of the neimodians who are not strong in the Force.

you used the point of yoda watching over luke to prove that yoda sensed his power. thats how it came up. and with that proven irrelevant, whats the point in mentioning that? yeah i agree, but what it have to do with anything? moving along...

-Jedi can sense the strenght of people strong in the Force indeed better when they are actually using their Force powers.

based on what? name a single scene that hinted at this? all i see is proof that when not using their power, a jedi's power in not detectable at all. the reasons i have mentioned and will not repeat for a third time. give me evidence, not guesses dressed up as fact.

-The further a person is...the more difficult of course it becomes for a person to sense someone...because you would have to concentrate so hard which makes it almost impossible for someone to sense someone else from another planet.

all i can say to that is "horseshit" because its based on absolutely nothing. no evidence, not so much as a hint of distance being a factor in sensing others. in fact quite the opposite.

Vader sensed something familiar on the deathstar...he could sense obi-wan...but obi-wan wasn't using force powers...like I said it's easier to sense someone when they are using force powers...that is indeed the reason how Vader was more sure that Obi-Wan was present on the death star because he was beginning to use the Force

in this paragraph is a valid point...finally

you touch on the only hint of evidence to support your claim. although it is also widely debated that obiwan could have been mind tricking the stormtroopers searching the ship and/or masking his presense, presumably the reason that vader only sensed him when the ST's began searching the falcon. so its all speculation on both sides as to just why vader sensed ben at that moment and not before, and just what ben was doing in there.

-If you don't need to use the Force to sense someone strenght or emotions, why cant someone weak in the Force sense something.

again you are pulling points from the air which i have NEVER EVEN SAID> i NEVER said that you dont need to use the force to sense others, only that they cant sense another's POWER through telepathy, and especially when that force user is not USING the force. why is this so difficult????

Thus the explenation...Qui-Gon couldn't sense Anakin's Force powers because he didn't use the Force on him, because he never assumed he had potential...cause for sensing someone's strenght you have to be pretty strong in the Force...like Jedi.

ok, lets tout some REAL facts shall we?

1-the force is an energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds us (loose quote, i dont feel like going through the script)

2-the midis are microscopic organisms which aid the jedi in CONTROLLING the force. a jedi is not a battery. they dont store up the force in their bodies. they USE it, and when they dont, then they are, like i said, just people with alot of midichlorians. simple deduction.

3-vader and palps could not sense obiwan, nor yoda, nor leia, nor luke. why? because they were not using the force. thus the force was undisturbed. when luke trained under yoda, his power created a ripple in the still pond that was the force. that is what was meant by "disturbance".

4-distance means nothing. again, it was never once even hinted that distance was a factor in sensing the emotions of others or sensing the power one is weilding.

stop thinking of the jedi as walking batteries and you just may grasp what i'm saying. the pieces of the puzzle are there in the script. put it together.

Padmé Amidala
Geez will you give it a rest, this is straying from the original topic isnt it?

PVS

Cascador
Originally posted by PVS

based on what? name a single scene that hinted at this? all i see is proof that when not using their power, a jedi's power in not detectable at all. the reasons i have mentioned and will not repeat for a third time. give me evidence, not guesses dressed up as fact.

I later did...Vader sensed Obi-Wan...altho he was not sure because he wasn't using the Force...but you later started guessing he maybe was...but no they just knocked those stormtroopers down...I think the sound made that clear enough...and in the time they were knocked down...Ben was not able to use a mind trick...and I think he wasn't stupid enough anyway because he knew probably that Vader detected him if he did! Later he did it probably because he first had to and he wanted that Vader detected him to confront him again.

Originally posted by PVS

again you are pulling points from the air which i have NEVER EVEN SAID> i NEVER said that you dont need to use the force to sense others, only that they cant sense another's POWER through telepathy, and especially when that force user is not USING the force. why is this so difficult????

so you admit that Jedi are able to sense someone strenght...cause you've always been denying that in the beginning...Qui-Gon couldn't detect someone's strenght...And that is how you sense someone...by his strenght...you said it...they didn't sense Yoda Leia or Obi-Wan, but they did detect Luke because he was using his strenght in the Force to lift up the X-Wing.

Originally posted by PVS

ok, lets tout some REAL facts shall we?

1-the force is an energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds us (loose quote, i dont feel like going through the script)

2-the midis are microscopic organisms which aid the jedi in CONTROLLING the force. a jedi is not a battery. they dont store up the force in their bodies. they USE it, and when they dont, then they are, like i said, just people with alot of midichlorians. simple deduction.

3-vader and palps could not sense obiwan, nor yoda, nor leia, nor luke. why? because they were not using the force. thus the force was undisturbed. when luke trained under yoda, his power created a ripple in the still pond that was the force. that is what was meant by "disturbance".

4-distance means nothing. again, it was never once even hinted that distance was a factor in sensing the emotions of others or sensing the power one is weilding.

1 and 2 are irrelivant...already know that! 3 I already explained how they sensed Luke
4...you really think distance is no factor? Then why didn't Vader sense Obi-Wan...because of the distance! Obi-Wan, Yoda, Leia and Luke were too far away to sense them...it made it easier for Vader to sense Luke because like you and I agree at least on something that it's easier to sense someone when he/ she is actually using the Force. Besides it is a little hinted that distance IS a factor...in episode II Obi-Wan tried to locate Anakin...he thought he was on Naboo. But he wasn't there...so if distance wasn't a factor why didn't he use the Force to locate Anakin if distance is no factor.

it works as same as seeing the future...Jedi can see things before they happen...but the further the future is the more difficult it is to predict what is going to happen...It's just asks too much concentration. Cause that is what using the Force is all about...concentration!

PVS
im through arguing with you.
you debate imaginary points and put words in my mouth while selectively ignoring other points. its exhausting and pointless.
believe whatever horseshit you will. if it helps you enjoy the films
more than more power to you.

kthx
bye

Cascador
I dont put anything in your mouth...I never said something you didn't say...I posted your quotes...I just left out some quotes because they were pointless! anyway I wasnt argueing with you...I was debating...If you put so much emotion in it yes then it becomes an arguement...

enjoy the movies too! You keep on to your truth...I'll keep on mine

bye!

DiamondBullets
Hmmm....

I wonder what Jedi sex is like.......do you think they use the Force for everything? Like lasting longer than a porn-star?

Thorin
never ever thought this thread would make it this long. stick out tongue

PVS
why is that? i think its a damn good question erm

Cascador
Originally posted by PVS
why is that? i think its a damn good question erm

I think you and I know the answer to that question better than anyone else here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
it really has no answer. the highest likelyhood is "no",
but since there is nothing directly contradicting it, as well as nothing directly
supporting it, then no, i dont KNOW the answer. i think anyone who claims to
know for a fact is full of themselves.

Thorin
Originally posted by PVS
why is that? i think its a damn good question erm it is a good question, just never thought there would be six pages of debate on it, somewhere along the way i figured you would get tired of all the crappy replies, and snap at everyone, and tell them to stop posting.

But it really is a good question, and some people dont know how to answer it correctly.

Is sex forbidden by the Jedi code.

I think it might be at the current 3 movies, as for befor i dont think it was. The Jedi code forbids attachment, but some or in someway all masters have a kinship with there padawans, and is that attachment, yes.
I'm mean, look at Yoda when he felt the huge rift in the Force, on some level he knew what was happening, and when he found out that nearly all the Jedi were killed, i'm more than sure he felt sad, and that is attachment, and the sex issue, sex leads to attachment because if you have sex, it can lead to haveing kids, which would lead to attachment, i know the jedi can surpress their feelings about anything, but Jedi care for the people, and therefor would care for there kid.

I dont think it was a smart move by forbidding attachment, even though it can be used against you, and lead to the Darkside, but the Jedi need to be strong, it was some Jedi's failure, that brought them down, if they could have sex and children, the Jedi would have survived order66, and not so easily succumbed to the Darkside.

Twilight Janick
The rules of PT Jedi Order are too strict. I know that in Darth Revan's time children and sex are allowed (in both Jedi and Sith).

PVS
it is a good question, just never thought there would be six pages of debate on it, somewhere along the way i figured you would get tired of all the crappy replies, and snap at everyone, and tell them to stop posting.

just eggs them on to keep posting nonesense. part of what killed this forum before its time and why most level headed people who are into SW avoid this forum. so i bit my tongue

I think it might be at the current 3 movies, as for befor i dont think it was. The Jedi code forbids attachment, but some or in someway all masters have a kinship with there padawans, and is that attachment, yes.

see, this is where i butt heads with many if not most people who debate this.
i very much disagree that kinship and family are "attachment" in the negative sense which yoda describes.

obiwan cries as he tells anakin that he loved him and he was his brother. was this attachment? i think so. was it "attachment" as yoda saw as a path to the dark side? i dont think so. why? because he turned around and walked away, because he knew there was nothing he could do. but there was a certain degree of attachment, wasnt there? he warned a sith lord to not attack and get hacked to bits, didnt he? if obiwan was completely detached he would have kept his mouth shut and allowed anakin to make his move. "NO!!!!!" obiwan screams as quigon is run through by maul, and cries like a baby when quigon dies. thats attachment isnt it?

what im saying is that i believe that what yoda meant by "attachment" was the inability to let go. the desire to control the fate of others by any means. to allow negativity and despair to take hold in the face of death.

Twilight Janick
I don't know how low is Yoda's species birthrate. Probably lower than humans.

Thorin
Originally posted by PVS
just eggs them on to keep posting nonesense. part of what killed this forum before its time and why most level headed people who are into SW avoid this forum. so i bit my tongue

see, this is where i butt heads with many if not most people who debate this.
i very much disagree that kinship and family are "attachment" in the negative sense which yoda describes.

obiwan cries as he tells anakin that he loved him and he was his brother. was this attachment? i think so. was it "attachment" as yoda saw as a path to the dark side? i dont think so. why? because he turned around and walked away, because he knew there was nothing he could do. but there was a certain degree of attachment, wasnt there? he warned a sith lord to not attack and get hacked to bits, didnt he? if obiwan was completely detached he would have kept his mouth shut and allowed anakin to make his move. "NO!!!!!" obiwan screams as quigon is run through by maul, and cries like a baby when quigon dies. thats attachment isnt it?

what im saying is that i believe that what yoda meant by "attachment" was the inability to let go. the desire to control the fate of others by any means. to allow negativity and despair to take hold in the face of death. Powerful you have become PVS, Strong in the Force you are.

and totally right, Anakin was obsessed to a certain degree with Padme, that was what caused him to become attached, and made him go down the path of the Darkside.

Cascador
saying Obi-Wan was attached to Anakin because he said he loved him is a bit exagerated...it's more like a bond than an attachment...that's what every Jedi has...Anakin called the Jedi his family. (altho that line is cut out) But you don't have to take it too litterally.

Padmé Amidala
Yeah exactly, Obi-Wan wasnt confessing "The truth" or anything........ Then again some people even read into Palpatine saying "I need your help Son" to Anakin.......

sithsaber408
Well in the novel they all have an attachment.

Mace's is said to be the republic, which he loved so much that he couldn't see it was gone.

Obi-Wan's is said to be Anakin, in that he cared for him so much, that he let him get away with things (disrespect, disobedience, anger..... look at ep2 he yells at Zam Wessel in anger, and obi just glances at him) and didn't hold him so close to Jedi standards because he really believed him to be the Chosen One, and wanted him to make it.

So obi-wan's mistake was loving Anakin as a brother.

From a certain point of view...

PVS

Cascador
you're getting the dictionary out to prove your point? my talk about being desperate! J/K!

well if that is the case then almost every Jedi has at least one attachment and that is the one of Master and apprentice...they have a special bond. So to forbid total attachment would be impossible then...

PVS
the point is that GL lacked a better word.
most know just what yoda meant though.
the inability to let go = attachment in the SW sense.
this does not forbid attachment in the sense of the true definition.

Cascador
well I think it's true to some degree that Obi-Wan was too attached to Anakin...I guess it became a conflict for both of them cause first they weren't friends at all...then suddenly comes this friendship which created a better bond but it also created attachment...and that created a problem for both of them, not as Jedi but as enemies more

PVS
so its agreeable that the subject of attachment cannot be approached with black and white thinking.

now back to the topic of jedi bumpin uglies

Padmé Amidala
This is still an issue? Well if you want to think of sex and jedi on a basic level, the act of sex without love or attachment would be selfish, but as Anakin says, Jedi only think of others

Blaxican_Jedi
PVS your avatar scares the hell outta me.

PVS

bogen
yes, apperently pleasures of the body are banned, so iv'e been told.

PVS
Originally posted by bogen
yes, apperently pleasures of the body are banned, so iv'e been told.

by george lucas? i hope so or i just have to ask: wtf?

Jedi Priestess
Um actually to be fair here, According the the ROTS novel, the reason Kenobi left Anakin lying there without finishing him off is becuase of his attachment to him and because he saw Palps shuttle approaching. Also in the novel Dark Lord I think if I remember correctly, Kenobi curses the fact that he didnt finish Anakin off because he realises that if he had then Vader wouldnt exist and be hunting down the remaining Jedi. However it's been awhile since I read Dark Lord so I could be fuzzy on that.

As to the question at hand, I dont have an answer because I dont think it has any bearing on the events of the saga myself.

PVS
well if i remember correctly:

"A Jedi Shall Not Know Anger. Nor Hatred. Nor Love ...Nor Blue Balls."

Cascador
well I think it's correct, sex without love, would just be wrong
it's a selfish deed...and the Jedi are selfness...they only care about others...so if they have sex because they need to please someone else maybe because of diplomatic reasons...I guess in those circumstances they would be allowed sex lol

PVS
well I think it's correct, sex without love, would just be wrong
it's a selfish deed...and the Jedi are selfness...they only care about others...so if they have sex because they need to please someone else maybe because of diplomatic reasons...I guess in those circumstances they would be allowed sex lol

how is the engaging in mutual pleasure a selfish deed?
dont let your own sense of sexual morality cloud your judgement.

chinabing
Criminy, the Jedi are not Geishas!

Cascador
well don't get me wrong...I had sex without being in love
but it still stays selfish from a certain point of view...But you do it more for your own pleasure than for her pleasure...you just morally accept it because she had pleasure too, so that it seems there is nothing wrong with it...among this world, I wouldn't call it moraly wrong...but among Jedi, it would be wrong.

PVS
well don't get me wrong...I had sex without being in love
but it still stays selfish from a certain point of view...

as i said, do not allow your own outlook on sexual morality to cloud your judgement. you didnt call it morally wrong, but you also implied that it wasnt morally right. your own outlook and motives/lack of for casual sex are not objective.

so when you say things like:

But you do it more for your own pleasure than for her pleasure...

you are only speaking for yourself.

Cascador
well mostly that is the case anyway...and not only mine...I'm trying to see it from a general point of view not just my own point of view...but common...A Jedi who has sex just to please another woman....I don't think they would get such missionswink

PVS
well mostly that is the case anyway...and not only mine...I'm trying to see it from a general point of view not just my own point of view...but common...A Jedi who has sex just to please another woman....I don't think they would get such missionswink

why is impossible to imagine? is it somehow an imperitave to be in love in order to care whether or not she/he is pleased? really, im confused.

Cascador
well you dont have to be in love to please another girl...But to purely please her with sex while not being in love...that's just over the line for a Jedi...that is just not their duty...that's my point, cause that could even lead to attachment lead to love

sex can lead to love...love is attachment...attachment is forbidden...

PVS
friendship/kinship can also easily lead to attachment.
yet it is allowed. point made right from the get go.

Cascador
just my opinion is that sex is a lot more dangerous for attachment than friendship...Just my opinion...but its not only mine I'm sure....no I'm not gonna discuss this any further...

I know your opinion
you know mine
it's not always a bad thing to disagree.
Lets wait what other think and debate further on that, otherwise I fear we'll get in a situation like yesterday again...and I'd like to avoid that now...

PVS
Lets wait what other think and debate further on that, otherwise I fear we'll get in a situation like yesterday again...and I'd like to avoid that now...

you already did avoid it:

Just my opinion

Jack Daniels
sex should not be forgiven er I mean forbiden...lol...jedi sith doesnt matter is necessity in life....what the heck do you think the midichlorians do to reproduce....where did annie come from? midichlorians gettin it on wit shmi!

snoopdogg
In the comics Vos Quinlan has a child in Star Wars: Rebuplic #83. He was born right after oder-66.

Sex wasn't forbidden for him. big grin

chinabing
And how do you know it wasn't IVF?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chinabing
And how do you know it wasn't IVF? IVF? I don't visit the Star Wars forums much.

chinabing
In-Vitro Fertilization, i.e., test-tube baby

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chinabing
In-Vitro Fertilization, i.e., test-tube baby Well It does not say it was IVF. So I don't know. But his wife is drawn to be hot.

I think he goes into hiding with his wife and child.

Cascador
That's EU, btw in EU Quinlan Vos wasn't really a Jedi who followed the rules...he created a relationship when he was undercover in the Clone Wars with a girl called Khaleen. He kept it a secret until he said to everyone that he was going to leave the Jedi order after the war, because she was pregnant. He survived order 66 (actually I've read that George Lucas said to darkhorse that he survived it! So is this EU??) There the rumour began if he would be in the TV series...

DiamondBullets
Was that Quinlan at the table with Sebulba in TPM?

Cascador
yes, they changed the story...first the character of quinlan was based on that extra...but later they said that he was undercover there searching for information about the drug called "Glytterin".
They say Qui-Gon and Quinlin didn't speak with each other so they wouldn't betray each other.

craft-a-saber
i think if the jedi arent allowed get it on if you look at the style of clothing they wear it is very similar to that of the tibetian monks that we know and watch spin on there heads

but another reason being that you are not allowed(as a jedi) to treasure things and you must let go thats why anakin was gonna get kicked out of the order

plus yoda has only got that gimer stick because he is over-compensating for something oh and whats a flame thread?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>