life As Awakening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
http://www.new-enlightenment.com/life_awakening.htm

The difificulty is that the ordinary person isn't able--or willing--to acknowledge when his habitual consciousness (the dream state) leads him astray; when his view of the world causes him to mistake a dictatorial police state for a democracy, a mindless tyrant for a "fearless leader," and a pre-emptive, unjustified war for a struggle against terrorism and the spreading of democracy.

The dream state of ordinary life is, of course, different from dreaming during regular sleep. This special state of dreaming sleep is an extraordinarily difficult condition to become aware of--or acknowledge. People in this dream world take it to be reality; they don't believe they're asleep--in fact they'll argue strenuously with anyone who says they're asleep and dreaming. This unusual dream world becomes a mass delusion when enough people accept the illusory domain as real. The demonic cabal presently creating this dream world can define reality for the sleepwalkers.

Magee
So ok I read you're quote and I'm left thinking what the ****? What exactly is it supposed to mean? I can understand that we only know what certain people want us to know but to say we have been programmed, that we're in a trance and while I type this i'm sleeping blink

Get a hobby mate or a job, something to keep you busy and away from this shit.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Magee
So ok I read you're quote and I'm left thinking what the ****? What exactly is it supposed to mean? I can understand that we only know what certain people want us to know but to say we have been programmed, that we're in a trance and while I type this i'm sleeping blink

This is some of the aspects of Buddhism taken out of context and a lot of strange stuff added.

We are asleep because we do not always live in the now. This attachment to the past and future causes suffering.

AOR
Originally posted by Deano

The difificulty is that the ordinary person isn't able--or willing--to acknowledge when his habitual consciousness (the dream state) leads him astray; when his view of the world causes him to mistake a dictatorial police state for a democracy, a mindless tyrant for a "fearless leader," and a pre-emptive, unjustified war for a struggle against terrorism and the spreading of democracy.

The dream state of ordinary life is, of course, different from dreaming during regular sleep. This special state of dreaming sleep is an extraordinarily difficult condition to become aware of--or acknowledge. People in this dream world take it to be reality; they don't believe they're asleep--in fact they'll argue strenuously with anyone who says they're asleep and dreaming. This unusual dream world becomes a mass delusion when enough people accept the illusory domain as real. The demonic cabal presently creating this dream world can define reality for the sleepwalkers.

sad You are either for or against. You either see the right or the left. There is either an up or a down. But never do you see the middle hand, nor the center piece, nor the focal point of the road. They attack an enemy they do not have. They sneer and bite what is not there. They grow angry and tired, frustrated and calm for no purpose or cause. He will leave, and what wil you have? A triumph? A victory? Or will you simply have yet another loss? They cry and complain (the people) how terrible he is, how horrible it is, what a crime this country has become. But certainly no one can be so stupid as to be blinded to the fact.

Those that are "awake" command those whom are "asleep".

Deano
Originally posted by Magee

when i come on the net, i go to rense.com and thats where i got the link.

oh i got a job. got loads of hobbies. i go out every weekends, i play football sundays and wednesdays,i play in a darts and pool team...yeh im ok. but thanks for your concern, im sure you didnt want my life story.

as always u miss the point of the link. you are programmed, whether u like it or not

Deano
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
This is some of the aspects of Buddhism taken out of context and a lot of strange stuff added.

We are asleep because we do not always live in the now. This attachment to the past and future causes suffering.

glad someone see's the point here..

Shakyamunison
glad someone see's the point here..

Yes, I have read what you asked me to read and I see the source, but like we talked before, it's still outward flowing.

Mindship

Cabals aside, this psychospiritual perspective is thousands of years old. To those who are already familiar with it, the "current source" of this material is obviously familiar with the perennial philosophy, the common thread which runs through every esoteric tradition.

There is a lot of truth in this point of view, but as so often happens, truth is stretched, distorted, corrupted to suit the ego of he/she who thinks they have come to save mankind.

Piece of friendly advice: save yourself first. Then you will be a natural example to others.

Great Vengeance

What the hell...This is utter nonsense, please be more clear.

Deano
click the link then

Fishy
The funny thing is, how can you not be you? No matter how fraud your live is no matter how much of it you miss, no matter how much of your actions were programmed... You are still you, beacuse all those programmed things define you. To say I am not who I am because I am programmed to be something is stupid. Because i'm still just that.

Super Kal El
The Matrix has us all, save me Neo lol...Siefer woke up and realised the matrix was better so why the f*$k woukd you wanna wake up?

soleran30
A tyrant to some is a leader to others........................truth is subjective based on a person's life and where they live.

AOR
At times one must ask, what if we like it asleep?....

Bicnarok
When your awake your in a school of learning, when you sleep you are in reality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.