Batgirl 73 spoilers do not read unless you want to be spoiled

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
She's not dead and she's 2-0 against shiva

Here's some spoilers from another site

When the issue starts, Cass is still talking with Spoiler. She is taken to Bludhaven where she sees what has happened to her city and friends. She regrets the tremendous loss of life and thinks that it may have been prevented if the villains had been dealt with differently.

She's then pulled back to life by the lazarus pit. Shiva's ressurected her again. We find out that Shiva is indeed Cass's biological mother. There's some very nice dialogue and developments here that help Cass realize that, while Batman has helped her with a focus and a dream, Cass doesn't use any of the other stuff (gadgets, allies) he's given her. A nice comparison to how Batman is holding her back in the same way Shiva was being held back by her sister, Carolyn (out of love and a fear of what may come).

In summary (I haven't re-read it yet....silly work), David Cain helped Shiva realize her full potential by removing her sister from her life. The feel I got from reading the issue is that Cass was going to remove Batman from her life (not by killing him or anything....at least that's not what I took it to be) in order to reach her full potential.

Once Shiva helped Cass to see this, Shiva asked Cass for one more fight. She'd ressurected Cass three times and there wouldn't be a fourth. Cass agrees. In the fight, Cass snaps Shiva's neck. Just as Cass is about to toss Shiva in the Lazarus Pit, Shiva begs Cass not to. I felt that here, Shiva felt she'd finished her full life potential by making her daughter realize hers. Cass agrees and impales Shiva on a hook dangling over the pit.

Cass is shown in the last panel walking down a street in street clothes toward her new life - whatever that may be.
Happy Dance Happy Dance eek!

aton_ra
rest in peace Shiva sad

dman2008
bump

Juntai
I bought it, simply because its the last issue.
lol.

Murda Mase
So Cass is pretty much going to be a villian now I bet.

The Bat familys like the Mafia once your in your never out.

Looks like Don Batman will have to put his soldier back in check.

eleveninches
It kind of cheapens her death, doesn't it?

Knightfall93
Why kill Shiva!? Shiva is the Ultimate Ninja Lady woman... I have put her in my Batman Gauntlet on the VS forum in loving memory...

grey fox
Meh , i found shiva had gone beyond her usefulness . She is now a walking plot device for anyone with the slightest hint of martial art skills.....they did good ending her.

Knightfall93
I think its a decent way to end... but the batgirl series ios over so what's next for Cass? Will she take up a new role?

grey fox
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I think its a decent way to end... but the batgirl series ios over so what's next for Cass? Will she take up a new role?

More then likely ....

Gregory
First, they brink back Jason Todd. Then, they retire Batgirl.

I don't know who has editorial control over the Batman comics, but I hope he gets into a fatal car accident.

Knightfall93
YES! And will Selina be batwoman?

NoFate007
They should just make Cass the new Lady Shiva sort of. Take up her mother's role.

Knightfall93
That would be good... but no, she wouldn't kill for cain and she won't for Shiva... or she won't be a killer like her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.