Jaden Korr vs Bastila Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
An epic duel taking place between Jaden Korr and Bastila Shan.

Personally, I'm going with Jaden

Fishy
Why?

Xepeyon
It seems that he was more skilled.

Fishy
Any thing you are basing that one or do you just think he will win?

Xepeyon
He defeated the ancient Sith Lord, Marka Ragnos for starters...

Fishy
He did? If he would have done that he would have freaking pwned...

Ragnnos however was a ghost at that time, and was being ressurected.. ghosts weaken heavily over time. Exar Kun weakened so much that he could hardly talk or walk after 4000 years... Ragnos was dead for 5000...

Xepeyon
Maybe your right, but i'm still going with Jaden.

mace=badass
Jaden Korr? Was that Kyle's apprentice?

Fishy
Could you please just state a list of reasons as to why he would win... Instead of just saying he would win.

Xepeyon
Yeah!

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Fishy
Could you please just state a list of reasons as to why he would win... Instead of just saying he would win.

He killed scores of Reborns, not to mention killing one before he even commanded the force, defeated Alora and her master, Tavion, and, if the player was darkside, defeats Kyle Katarn.

mace=badass
What game is this?

Xepeyon
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Captain REX
I say Bastila Shan. She was a fully fledged Jedi Knight. Jaden Korr was a Padawan to Kyle Katarn, and most of the kills are video game experiences anyway.

For example, I could go play JA right now and say that either Jaden Korr is a Padawan that can slaughter armies due to killing everyone and everything, or I can say that he's a master of evasion by running from every enemy I see, or I can say that he hacks because I turned on god mode.

Xepeyon
Jaden Korr was a Jedi Knight as well.

mace=badass
Hahahaha. Haxor.

Fishy
Thing is we have more confirmed actions from Bastila then from Jaden and we have damned few confirmed actions from Bastila, and she would defeat him most likely, especially if its DS post Kotor Bastila.

Xepeyon
Yet Bastila NEVER fought alone, whereas Jaden most often did. Bastila always had Revan with her!

Fishy
So what? They were often outnumbered, she did defeat a Sith on Revan his bridge without help, fought against Malak without help until she was beaten. Went to face Revan and Jolee + possibly Juhani when she was alone. She did fight alone and she had guts enough to fight alone.

Xepeyon
Everyone knew Bastila had no chance against Malak, it wasn't even a fight. The man was a Dark Jedi not a sith, and always blew away Revan, Jolee, and Juhani when her health went to zero. And two more things, Jaden Korr was NEVER NOT outnumbered, and where did it ever say that Bastila became a knight. She was only Referred to as a padawan.

mace=badass
But she got pwned.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by mace=badass
But she got pwned.

Exactly My Point!

Fishy
Originally posted by Xepeyon
Everyone knew Bastila had no chance against Malak, it wasn't even a fight. The man was a Dark Jedi not a sith, and always blew away Revan, Jolee, and Juhani when her health went to zero. And two more things, Jaden Korr was NEVER NOT outnumbered, and where did it ever say that Bastila became a knight. She was only Referred to as a padawan.

She believed guiding Revan was her test to become a Master...

Since when do Jedi skip the Knight status?

Of course she had no chance against Malak, I was just saying she faced him alone. Malak was also a Sith Lord unlike Tavion the strongest person Jaden fought.. Who was weak as hell really.

Jaden his fights however are all gameplay situated if we go on gameplay then Bastila would pwn him easily, as she was able to kill creatures that kill Jedi on her own, destroy entire army's worth of Sith Lords and apprentices and slaughter her way through more then one combat zone... Gameplay doesn't count the story is all that counts.

Xepeyon
HA! She did admit to the master thing, but later says she realizes that it couldn't be true. adding a master would destroy the mission.

Jaden Also faced a Sith Lord more powerful than Malak, Ragnos. and instead of losing, he won! Ragnos commanded the force greater than Malak ever could.

So she killed a few rats...big deal, She didn't do it alone. She killed Dark Jedi, So did Jaden. Dispite the Dark Jedi Being reborns, they make up for it with numbers. and slaughter her way through an armies worth of of Sith lords? There was only ONE at the time. They were extra Dark Jedi. And if the story is all that counts, then Jaden could be stronger than you know.

henniestevens
You miss the point Jaden never defeated Ragnos. He only defeated Tavion guided by Ragnos's spirit and fighting with his old scepter. And I think Bastilla can take this 1.

Xepeyon
She was being posessed, it was the same.

Jaden Wins!

mace=badass
It is all gameplay with Bastila too. It is all a matter of chance with her. She could miss attacks or hit them, it's a RPG. It's a game of chance.

Xepeyon
It is all gameplay with Bastila too. It is all a matter of chance with her. She could miss attacks or hit them, it's a RPG. It's a game of chance.

He's Right!

Captain REX
It is NOT the same.

Tavion was merely being empowered by a very weak form of Ragnos. If Jaden had been fighting a living breathing Ragnos, as he was 5000 years ago, he would have been barbequed. As it stands, Ragnos was dead and severely weakened by death.

It IS gameplay with Bastila, but it's a different kind. And we have more scenes of Bastila fighting powerful opponents, rather than just gameplay.

I wish to note that Reborn are bantha fodder when it comes to fights. They fight flashy, not skillfully. That's why I just tossed a bunch off of a cliff with Grip.

Illustrious
She was being posessed, it was the same.

Jaden Wins!

How was it the same? So if Ragnos was in person, you're arguing Jaden would still win? lol.

Captain REX
I guess that's what he's saying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xepeyon
It is! How is Tavion's posessed body any different than Ragnos' actually body? And if Ragnos was now weak, why would tavion resurrect him?

Captain REX
Because he was a Sith Lord. Duh.

Tavion wants to be a Sith. Duh again.

Tavion possessed does not mean she has the power of Ragnos, you know.

Xepeyon
So possessing her body weakened him?

mace=badass
Ragnos was probably 10 times stonger in human form that spirit.

Captain REX
No, Ragnos was already weakened. He's dead, after all.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Captain REX
Because he was a Sith Lord. Duh.

Tavion wants to be a Sith. Duh again.

Tavion possessed does not mean she has the power of Ragnos, you know.

He was controler her! She didn't have his power!! no

Xepeyon
Ragnos was probably 10 times stonger in human form that spirit.

Newsflash: Your suppost to be STRONGER when you become one with the force!!

Captain REX
If you're a Jedi, perhaps. The Sith Ghost thing is a stupid idea anyways, seeing as the Sith should not be able to do it.

mace=badass
*sigh* *Walks away....*

Captain REX
He was controler her! She didn't have his power!! no

Um...that's what I said.

Illustrious
Newsflash: Your suppost to be STRONGER when you become one with the force!!

Is that why Exar Kun degenerated into barely being able to talk after 4000 years? Is that why Freedon Nadd was "powerless" after 400 years? Is that why Obi-Wan's spirit disappeared after 10 years?

Spirits get weaker, it's depicted all over the EU.

Arguing that Ragnos possessing Tavion (which required the scepter just to initiate) = Ragnos himself is a stupid argument.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Captain REX
If you're a Jedi, perhaps. The Sith Ghost thing is a stupid idea anyways, seeing as the Sith should not be able to do it.

Hey! Your Right!

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Illustrious
Is that why Exar Kun degenerated into barely being able to talk after 4000 years? Is that why Freedon Nadd was "powerless" after 400 years? Is that why Obi-Wan's spirit disappeared after 10 years?

Spirits get weaker, it's depicted all over the EU.

Arguing that Ragnos possessing Tavion (which required the scepter just to initiate) = Ragnos himself is a stupid argument.

"You can't win Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagin." -Ben Kenobi

Captain REX
He cheated death, go figure. That's pretty damned powerful, not to mention Ben Kenobi's trick is more omnificent than the Sith trick, it seems.

Illustrious
"You can't win Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagin." -Ben Kenobi

And there is evidence to suggest this... how?

Captain REX
Read my explanation of it.

Also, Sith ghosts seem rather confined to certain locations, and rely on others to wake them from their 'sleep.'

Xepeyon
What do you mean?

mace=badass
Been meant he could be alive while being dead? If that makes sense. He meant he could become one with the force, not be physically more powerful than someone, if you get my meaning.

Xepeyon
Uhhh........?wacko

mace=badass
Yeah.......................

Captain REX
That made no sense. blink

mace=badass
Yeah.......

Xepeyon
It may make sense........I just don't get it.no

mace=badass
Haha, Just that he could be around and guide Luke, so like he can't be killed............ yeah . . . . .?

Xepeyon
Anyways, Jaden takes this, no doubt.yes

DarkNemesis
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Jedi Ghosts and Sith Spirits two different things? From what I heard, only Jedi Ghosts are considered "ones with the force" and cannot be destroyed, but Sith ghosts can be destroyed and degrade over time.

Illustrious
Anyways, Jaden takes this, no doubt.yes

Why? You have offered no proof. Jaden doesn't win because you think so.

Xepeyon
Jaden wins because he's stronger. in the KOTOR strategy guide, they give a biography on bastila, and they say that she pictures herself as a wise and skillful jedi, although it states that it is never the case. Jaden is the strongest Jedi Knight in the NJO during the disiples of Ragnos crisis. (not Jedi Master)

Captain REX
Do I need to mention again that the Disciples of Ragnos are all poorly trained wimps?

Bastila Shan is far more powerful than some pitiful Padawan.

Illustrious
"Disciples of Ragnos Crisis"?

That's the first time I heard it mentioned that way. And you do realize that that wasn't NJO, right? And where was it mentioned that he was the strongest?

Captain REX
Not that he was even a Knight.

Look at it this way; if Luke didn't need to go hand Tavion's ass to her, it's safe to say that it wasn't a crisis.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Jedi Ghosts and Sith Spirits two different things? From what I heard, only Jedi Ghosts are considered "ones with the force" and cannot be destroyed, but Sith ghosts can be destroyed and degrade over time.

Xepeyon
madYou must be an idiot! Jaden was a Knight! Haven't you played the game?
And I suspected that he was the strongest when Luke said:" Jaden, you've done more than I could have asked from any student" at the end of the game. Oh and sorry about the "crisis" thing....would "incident" be better for ya?stick out tongue

Fishy
madYou must be an idiot! Jaden was a Knight! Haven't you played the game?
And I suspected that he was the strongest when Luke said:" Jaden, you've done more than I could have asked from any student" at the end of the game. Oh and sorry about the "crisis" thing....would "incident" be better for ya?stick out tongue

From any student, so what? That doesn't indicate anything.. Bastila was a Jedi knight powerful enough to be on the strike team that needed to capture Revan, of course her battle meditation was an impotant factor, but the Jedi wouldn't have thrown there most important tool in the war in a battle if they didn't think she would survive it.

She killed a Sith there pretty fast and thats a Sith that was on Revan his bridge, weak people ussually don't walk around the people with power. Bastila learned how to use force lightning techniques in the time between she was captured and tortured until the time Revan arrived at the Temple of Ancients, thats pretty fast. Bastila has shown more power then Jaden has, and she has still shown very little.

Xepeyon
First of all...BASTILA WAS A PADAWAN!!! And the rate of her learning is for the game....it's impractical...but if you want to keep it, than Jaden learns and masters many powers. She always had a Jedi strik team with her, and was on because the Jedi used her battle Meditation as stated by Bastila Herself on the Unknown World! and by the way...on the unknown world, Jolee Says that "Bastila has been Malak's prisioner for a long time now, there is little hope she lasted this long." So she had plenty of time!

Fishy
First of all...BASTILA WAS A PADAWAN!!! And the rate of her learning is for the game....it's impractical...but if you want to keep it, than Jaden learns and masters many powers. She always had a Jedi strik team with her, and was on because the Jedi used her battle Meditation as stated by Bastila Herself on the Unknown World! and by the way...on the unknown world, Jolee Says that "Bastila has been Malak's prisioner for a long time now, there is little hope she lasted this long." So she had plenty of time!

First of all... Bastila was a Jedi Knight. I already provided prove of this earlier, but stating she believed she would become a master. Nobody would become a master without first becoming a knight. Zhar refers to her as a young knight. She is a Jedi Knight.

And I was not refering to the skills you can teach her. I was saying she learned the basic force lightning technique during her time with Malak, which would not have been long. Now how skills has Jaden displayed in Canon? Oh thats right next to none.

On what Jolee says, do you know that the Nazi's in world war 2 managed to break the greatest of allied spy's in just a day or two using torture techniques?

How long do you think a young brash arrogant Jedi would last when being tortured by a Dark Lord of the Sith, who wanted nothing more then for her to join him and who had an army of people that were experts in turning Jedi to their cause?

Not very long, Jolee would know this he was quite smart for a Jedi especially in matters like that. A day would have been to long when Bastila is concerned.

Xepeyon
Once again...Bastila was a padawan! she was called by Zhar, "Padawan Bastila I'm sure you are already familar with."

And about the Nazi thing...So What? It has nothing to do with Jolee saying that she was his prisioner for a long time now!

She was never Knighted in the game, or after that I know.

Oh and Kenobi became a Master While he was still a padawan. When Qui-Gon died, Obi-Wan agreed to train Anakin. He was still a padawan.

Xepeyon
madIf you don't trust me, Fishy, play Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic...If you even have it. This will prove Bastila was not only a padawan, but was Malak's aprintice for a long time.mad

When you first get to Dantoone, and step in front of the Jedi Masters. In the first or second audience with them, Master Zhar will say it, and you will see(unless you lie)no.

kamikz
He killed scores of Reborns, not to mention killing one before he even commanded the force, defeated Alora and her master, Tavion, and, if the player was darkside, defeats Kyle Katarn.

Jaden did not defeat Kyle in a fair battle. It clearly shows that Kyle did not want to hurt Jaden during the fight. He is constantly trying to talk him out of it. He does powers like draging his saber away from him, WITH THE FORCE. Seriousley, if he was aiming to kill Jaden he would have pwned him.

In the end, Kyle stands like nothing has happend while Jaden holds for his stomach (either tired or wounded) and grasps for air, until he grabs the sceptor, blasts Kyle on the floor, bueries him with piles and runs away. Wow, what a victory.

Xepeyon
To the story, he doesn't want to ill him, but to make the game harder, his character goes all-out.

Illustrious
To the story, he doesn't want to ill him, but to make the game harder, his character goes all-out.

Gameplay is not canon. Got it? Only storyline is.

Darth Traya
madIf you don't trust me, Fishy, play Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic...If you even have it. This will prove Bastila was not only a padawan, but was Malak's aprintice for a long time.mad

When you first get to Dantoone, and step in front of the Jedi Masters. In the first or second audience with them, Master Zhar will say it, and you will see(unless you lie)no.

ECKIE PHTANG< NOOOBB!P"V$g-eR3G!

Fishy

Mistake in the game as she is called a Knight in other occasions and she thought about becoming a Jedi Master. Obi Wan was also a knight after TPM he became a master during the clone wars after finishing training Anakin, he was just Anakin his master after TPM.

And being Malak his apprentice and a padawan have nothing to do with each other. Malak was Revan his apprentice, yet that didn't make him a padawan, he was a knight if not a master and he was powerful enough to defeat a master. So that means shit.

Xepeyon
Regaurdless, Try it. What do you have to lose? Are you scared to see your wrong?

Illustrious
Regaurdless, Try it. What do you have to lose?

Stop being silly. I'm sure Fishy has played the game several tmes through. He is one of the bigger KotOR fans around, he knows what he's talking about. And still, he knows better than to argue gameplay experience as canon.

Xepeyon
First of all...madNEVER call me SILLYmad! Second, I have the game as well, and the second and Outcast as well as Academy and many other Star Wars Games. I know what I'm talking about! However, If I'm wrong, prove it to me, excluding ANY opinions. It must be PROOF!

Wesker
You mean all that they had above wasn't proof enough for you? You want Leland Chang to call your house and give you the answers? Maybe a telegram from GL?

IKC
Simple: Gameplay is not canon, only storyline is. Any point you've arrived at by using gameplay is therefore moot.

Illustrious
Proof?

Zhar calls her a knight.

Xepeyon
I didn't mean Gameplay, I meant Dialect. Where does ANYONE say she was a knight? Seriously.

Wesker
Well, the fact that she lead the striketeam to attack Revan would imply that she isn't. Also, she has no real master. Why they call her a padawan is beyond me, since she was supposively training Revan. Aside from the possibility of a dialogue mix up, everything else points to her being a knight.

Xepeyon
Whoa! Wait a second! Revan's Older Than her, Or at Least around he age! How and Where does it say She was TRAINING Him?!?!

Wesker

Did you even play the game? When Revan came before the council, mindwiped, Bastila was instructed to lead him in his studies, be his guide, and essentially train him. Ergo, she was at least a knight.

Xepeyon
"Bastila is brash and impulsive. She is overconfident and seems to walk invincible through her world, though that is hardly the case. Bastila is well aware of the responsibility that presses down on her shoulders. Her Jedi masters urge her to be cautious, but Bastila turns every fiber of her being towards defeating the Sith menace and proving herself to the Jedi.'
Taken Strait from Lucasarts.
all Jedi were suppost to have elimanated these traits while they were PADAWANS!
Sorry...When you said training him, I thought Youngling to Master Training.

Faroth
Okay, the point is, Bastila would pwn him. End of discussion...

Xepeyon
No, the point is "Jaden would pwn her", THEN end of discussion...

Faroth
Or, you're on some sort of rare drug.

Xepeyon
You Know It!stick out tongue

Fishy
"Bastila is brash and impulsive. She is overconfident and seems to walk invincible through her world, though that is hardly the case. Bastila is well aware of the responsibility that presses down on her shoulders. Her Jedi masters urge her to be cautious, but Bastila turns every fiber of her being towards defeating the Sith menace and proving herself to the Jedi.'
Taken Strait from Lucasarts.
all Jedi were suppost to have elimanated these traits while they were PADAWANS!
Sorry...When you said training him, I thought Youngling to Master Training.

One name: Anakin.

Two other things: Every Jedi Padawan has a master with him or her, Bastila did not. Ergo she didn't have a master and the only way to not have a master is to be a knight. The Masters refered to in that post are the masters in the council, like Anakin still had masters when he was a knight.

Hello Friend
Bastila duels like a slug in the KOTOR cinematic.

darth vraya
The problem is xepeynon, you don't know what happens with Jaden because he/she is your character. He/she could be a complete wimp, or he could take down armies with his eyes closed. Bastila on the other hand was more defined as a character. You know her powers and you know that she will turn to the darkside for a short tim etc. You cannot say what Jaden is though(heck you don't even know his/her gender.) therefore I declare that battle impossible to answer. However maybe if you defined your version of Jaden, the answer might be possible. right now I don't have a decision.

Xepeyon
Sorry. When I play Jaden korr, I always do Human, Male,Dual-sabers(Blue&Orange) with Protect, heal, lightning, and absorb. Generally, he is always a light-siderand I always kill everyone on a level before I finish it(unless I can't reach them).

Fishy
All thats all gameplay stuff, and my Jaden could have been very different. The only canon thing about him is two kills.. Woopie doo, and both of them suck.

Xepeyon
huhWhat are you even talking about. Besides, Bastila could be different too. For example, you can give her armour feats, gear her up, give her swords, or even blaster feats. That's the dumbest thing you've written yet!!
(What two kills are you talking about, anyways?)

Darth_Glentract
All thats all gameplay stuff, and my Jaden could have been very different. The only canon thing about him is two kills.. Woopie doo, and both of them suck.

Um, no, because there are mutiple times when you can't advance without defeating certain people.

Wesker
Same with KOTOR; is every single unavoidable enemy canon? No.

Darth_Glentract
I'm not talking about enemies you can't avoid fighting, but enemies the you have to kill to make the storyline procede.

Wesker
Which ones? I've played JKA, and I seem to remember a lot of skirmishes with dark jedi, but nothing serious.

Darth_Glentract
There was that first one in the beginning where you fight someone who has a lightsaber for the first time. There was also the parts where you have to kill the guy with the kep to open a locked door. You also have to fight that one guy in Korriban. There are others, but that's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

Wesker
Yeah, but that's standard video game fare. We should only really include people who are plot crucial or fit into storyline FMVs. Otherwise, the giant bat in ESB for Super Nintendo is a canonical kill for Luke Skywalker. Or the hundreds of Sith baddies in KOTOR I and II.

Faroth
Alright....

In reality, Jaden Korr killed maybe.... 20, 30 Reborn in the entire game storyline. And in the game, he kills maybe... 100, 200? They exaggerate these things.

Jaden isn't that powerful. It's a game.... And he doesn't even kill Ragnos, morons, he kills Ragnos' abjectly weakened ghost controlling some Sith wannabe.

Xepeyon
Besides the fact that you have no proof of him being weak, Jaden killing Ragnos is supposed to be him practically killing the real thing, whether you want to believe it or not.(opinion: He probably wasn't weak for tavion drained planets to fully restore him.) And Jaden HAD to have been powerful if Luke promoted him to a Fully Fledged Jedi Knight, as well as Tavion wanting to turn him by killing Rosh. And so he's in a game...so is bastila.(or didn't you know that?) whether you like Jaden Korr or not, he is supposed to be powerful.

Fishy
Besides the fact that you have no proof of him being weak, Jaden killing Ragnos is supposed to be him practically killing the real thing, whether you want to believe it or not.(opinion: He probably wasn't weak for tavion drained planets to fully restore him.) And Jaden HAD to have been powerful if Luke promoted him to a Fully Fledged Jedi Knight, as well as Tavion wanting to turn him by killing Rosh. And so he's in a game...so is bastila.(or didn't you know that?) whether you like Jaden Korr or not, he is supposed to be powerful.

Ragnos was not as powerful as before, thats your opinion if Ragnos was as powreful as before he would have destroyed the entire freaking galaxy. Ragnos is far more powerful then anybody else in SW... Jaden could not even destroy Kyle or Luke at that time, he wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Ragnos.

And yes Bastila is in game too, but she has more confirmed actions. And being called a knight makes you powerful now? I guess Bastila would be powerful then because she was killed a knight as well.

Xepeyon
first of all...How do you Know? You Don't! More Confirmed Actions? Like What? If the player chooses, She may rarely appear in the game at all. If she must come, like when on the Lethiatian, she dosen't nessessarily have to come along, for the character could choose to put it on Solo mode!

Xepeyon
This is ridiculious!

Fishy
We know she killed a Sith on Revan his bridge.
We know she turned to the Dark Side.
We know she learned Sith lightning in a short time.
We know she became a Jedi Knight and therefor passed the trials.
We know she was on the leviathan and helped in the fight to kill Saul.
We know she managed to stall Malak for a small time.
We know she faced Juhani Jolee and Revan at the temple of ancients and either turned Revan or managed to survive and run away.

We know she was powerful enough to lead the Sith accademy on Korriban, whether she did or not is up for debates but she was powerful enough. She spend a very long time around Revan and would have probably learned from that, she also helped in the destruction of the droids in the first star map hide out. Those droids were able to kill a fully pledged Jedi Knight, that the highest council of Jedi obviously trusted a lot.

And there are a lot of likely things that we can be 99% sure about concerning Bastila. Like her killing a lot more Sith, in a lot of fights, but I won't even go into that now because its to much work.

What do we know about Jaden?

He killed perhaps 10 to 20 Dark Jedi, who didn't even know how the force worked. And two sucky Dark Jedi that wouldn't be able to lift a finger against somebody like Bastila.. Hell I'm pretty sure both of them would die fighting an average Jedi from those days.

Xepeyon
What's the big deal? so she turned to the dark side and learned lightning in what YOU say is a short amount of time (even though in the game Jolee says she's been Malak's Prisioner for a long time, besides the fact that you have to do a whole planet before you see her again.
By the way...Fishy? Have you ever heard of Wikipedia? Been there? Trust it? And most of the DARK JEDI(not sith) Were Padawans for mostly padawans went to the war. What has she acomplished as in Suscedded? She fought Malak, and lost like a maggot. Again, HELPED!
She was never alone! When she was, She Lost!

She Lost to Revan, Jolee and Juhani
She lost to Malak(dumb disicion)
She turned to the dark side, so what? That's not a victory OR an acomplishment!
She Don't know how many DARK JEDI that she killed. I know of 12 DARK JEDI she may HELPED kill. The twelve were on the Lethithan.

She DIDN'T kill a lot of sith, because the jedi tried to stay out of the war. So she hung out with Revan, and Jaden Hung out with Luke Skywalker and Kyle Katarn. What's that suppost to prove?

Wesker
You're foolish.

IKC
Indeed. If the real Ragnos had manifested himself, in the flesh, at that point, he would have stormed out of his tomb after popping Jaden's head like a zit and proceeded to wtfpwn the entire Jedi academy.

Wesker
Which is exactly what Luke was afraid of.

Faroth
Exactly.

All of my points share Fishy's, and wtf? Jaden beating the real Ragnos? Ragnos would crush Jaden's mind with his mental powers, then destroy the temple, kill all the surviving Jedi around him with his mental powers just like Jaden, then probably snap his fingers, sending a single bolt of Force lightning to go and fry the temple. Then he'd.... go do some shit.

Wesker
Xepeyon gets the dubious honor of being the first Jaden Korr fanboy.

Illustrious
Jaden against the real Ragnos would be the shortest fight in Star Wars history. Then you'd have one pissed Sith Lord wanting to kick the damn Jedi off Korriban.

Faroth
Originally posted by Illustrious
Jaden against the real Ragnos would be the shortest fight in Star Wars history. Then you'd have one pissed Sith Lord wanting to kick the damn Jedi off Korriban.

He'd kick the entire planet out of existance.

I thought I'd never see the day... There's a fanboy for everything, isn't there? I wonder who'll be the Threepio fanboy messed

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Faroth
I thought I'd never see the day... There's a fanboy for everything, isn't there? I wonder who'll be the Threepio fanboy messed

That would be the author who decided for a short time Threepio would be able to kill several stormtroopers.

Xepeyon
I'm no Fanboy, for I know when he is beat. You only call me one because I disagreed with you. The fact is, I simply thought that he could defeat Bastila. If Jaden were to face someone like Sion or Revan, I know he'd be dead with no struggle. However, he's facing Bastila Shan, who I think he could beat. After all, she is just a padawan...
From Wookiepedia http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Bastila

Wesker
Oh, no... not Wiki.... the encyclopedia anyone can edit!

Nice source, fanboy.

Illustrious
I'm no Fanboy, for I know when he is beat. You only call me one because I disagreed with you. The fact is, I simply thought that he could defeat Bastila. If Jaden were to face someone like Sion or Revan, I know he'd be dead with no struggle. However, he's facing Bastila Shan, who I think he could beat. After all, she is just a padawan...
From Wookiepedia http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Bastila

No, you were saying that beating an already beaten weakling like Tavion possessed by the 5000 year old spirit of Ragnos was equivalent to beating Ragnos in the flesh, or representative thereof.

No, it's not. If you subscribe to that opinion, that's fanboyism. If you use that feat to back up your case, that's fanboyism.

Faroth
Why doesn't this guy just give up? No one's on his side, and he can't even make points very well....

Wesker
That's how they all work.

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Wesker
Oh, no... not Wiki.... the encyclopedia anyone can edit!

Nice source, fanboy.

Umm... Your the one who told me about this site in the first place for info. And by the way, try to keep Ragnos out of this. i know i brought him in this thread, but i'm trying to keep from talking about him, for it's not about him.

By the way, Why do you call me Fanboy? Because I don't agree with you? Or because You don't think That I'm listening to your "evidence"? Your not going to agree with me, but i'm not a Jaden Korr fanboy. If i'm a fanboy of anyone, it's Kyle Katarn, and somewhat Darth Vader.

Wesker
You seem to be missing the point- Wiki itself isn't the reliable source for exact quotes and measures. It can be edited by anyone, and can reflect personal bias. Go look at Sidious' page- it calls him the "greatest darkest most powerful evil of all time plus one thousand" just about. Wiki pages are generally hyperbole-laden and unreliable for any in-depth analysis. Period.

Secondly, you are coming across -strongly- as a fanboy. Saying that Jaden beating a weakened body possessed by a 5000 year old spirit = the real Ragnos is foolish.

Fishy
And far more important then any of that, what does that page prove at all?

Xepeyon
Bastila was a padawan

Fishy
No she wasn't... That page doesn't call her a padawan either, it confirms however that she was trying to become a Master, and believed that she was going through the tests to become a master. Except for one quote, thats been contradicted by other quotes from other people you have nothing to prove she was a padawan. Yet we do have a few things.

1.) Bastila her word, which I would rank higher then Zhars because we are talking about her.

2.) The fact that she went out without a master during Kotor, no Padawan would have done that, of course you could explain that by saying it would be a dead give away...

3.) She went out without a master before the start of Kotor, she did nto have a master on the Endar Spire, nobody not even Bastila ever talks about her master, and seeing how she talks about her mother and father she would have talked about her death master as well.

4.) She has created her own lightsaber and knew the Jedi Code, two of the 3 tests needed to become a knight. Now the third test, for Revan it was to turn Juhani back to the light side or kill her. Bastila has saved Revan his live, survived the Endar Spire escaped Taris far more impressive. It would be incredibly hard to believe that she did not pass the third trial as well.

5.) quotes by other people that call her a knight, but I won't go into that at this time, seeing as i'm throwing away your quote as evidence.

Wesker
Bastila was a padawan

1. Who was her master?

2. Prove that padawans can't beat knights. After all, Obi-Wan Kenobi was doing very well against a Sith Lord as a padawan. Likewise, Bastila HAS killed dark jedi before in FMVs.

3. Why are you so hardcore on Jaden?

Wesker
No she wasn't... That page doesn't call her a padawan either, it confirms however that she was trying to become a Master, and believed that she was going through the tests to become a master. Except for one quote, thats been contradicted by other quotes from other people you have nothing to prove she was a padawan. Yet we do have a few things.

1.) Bastila her word, which I would rank higher then Zhars because we are talking about her.

2.) The fact that she went out without a master during Kotor, no Padawan would have done that, of course you could explain that by saying it would be a dead give away...

3.) She went out without a master before the start of Kotor, she did nto have a master on the Endar Spire, nobody not even Bastila ever talks about her master, and seeing how she talks about her mother and father she would have talked about her death master as well.

4.) She has created her own lightsaber and knew the Jedi Code, two of the 3 tests needed to become a knight. Now the third test, for Revan it was to turn Juhani back to the light side or kill her. Bastila has saved Revan his live, survived the Endar Spire escaped Taris far more impressive. It would be incredibly hard to believe that she did not pass the third trial as well.

5.) quotes by other people that call her a knight, but I won't go into that at this time, seeing as i'm throwing away your quote as evidence.

Excellent points, Fishy.

Xepeyon

Can you Re-Write the first one.

Revan Went without a fully fledged master as well.

During the clone wars, Anakin often seperated from Obi-Wan as a padawan to fight on different battlefeilds. (Although whether she was a padawan or a knight, it is strange she never spoke of her personal instructor, only her Masters-not master.)

creating your lightsaber is something you must do to become a padawan, as seen in KOTOR, and shown seeing the younglings training with Yoda In Ep. II.

Quotes by other people calling her a knight is about as valueable Dog Crap.

Wesker
Originally posted by Wesker
1. Who was her master?

2. Prove that padawans can't beat knights. After all, Obi-Wan Kenobi was doing very well against a Sith Lord as a padawan. Likewise, Bastila HAS killed dark jedi before in FMVs.

3. Why are you so hardcore on Jaden?
Answer these.

Fishy
Bastila calls herself a knight. I would rank her word as more important then the word of Zhar. Afterall nobody would know better then her.

Revan is a special case to say the least.

Her master is of no importance, the masters she speaks of are members of the council.

Those quotes you call dog crap created your entire argument... Show prove she is a padawan when only one person says it and its contradicted by far more people.

Xepeyon
Tell you what, If I can find Offical proof, and show it to you proving bastila is a padawan, You drop the "Bastila is a knight" crap. I would play the game again, but if I told you something that you didn't want to hear, you'd say i was lying.

Fishy
Tell you what, If I can find Offical proof, and show it to you proving bastila is a padawan, You drop the "Bastila is a knight" crap. I would play the game again, but if I told you something that you didn't want to hear, you'd say i was lying.

find prove and I will accept it, until that time she's a knight.

Xepeyon
I will begin

Darth Traya
"Take the Padawan."

"I though they were testing me, to see if I could become a master."

Face it, Vandar tells her to take "the padawan." to the ruins. It'd be a rather innapropriate thing to say if she was a padawan too.

Also, she thinks that the masters were testing her, to see if she was good enough to be a master. As Fishy said before, the Jedi don't skip from Padawan to Master.

Xepeyon
Fishy, do you have "Star Wars Endnotes for The New Essential Chronology"?

Xepeyon
or "Star Wars: Shadows and Light"?

Darth Traya
Nope, do you have reasoning skills and the ability to display logic? Nope.

But anyway, your first source is moot as it is not as canon as the source material from which it comes. And secondly, please enlighten me on "Shadows and Light".

Xepeyon
Shadows and light is a comic book. i brought it up to tell Fishy about a vision Duron Qel-Droma has in it.

Darth Traya
Okay, tell me how it proves that Bastila is a padawan then.

Xepeyon
I'd rather wait for Fishy to show up so he can hear it.

Xepeyon
But I can tell you a line in a star wars eciclopedia, if you want

Darth Traya
Erm, Fishy can read other pages. And you could post it twice, or refer him to it.

Xepeyon
It talks about bastila getting a two bladed lightsaber. it says bastila being a mere padawan taking a DBL showed her arrogance or something like that. I'm trying to figure out how to show the picture.

Darth Traya
Have you got scanning equipment?

Hello Friend
Either way, she duels slower than OT Vader.

Darth Traya
Yep, cos game mechanics are teh canon!

Hello Friend
Not a variable. It's shown in the cinematics quite clearly.

Darth Traya
It's used by every character in the game apart from Malak...

Hello Friend
I believe the cinematic I'm refering to is using the CGI seperate from the game mechanics. I will go check.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>