Signature Tournament Round 2: DigiMark007 vs. Bakaxero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLaw1224
Round 2 of the Sig. Tournament

DigiMark007 vs. Bakaxero

Size: 450x150, 70k (I suggest using smaller) No tranparencies, No Animation

Render: Jump that border Juan!

Due Date: 72 Hours from now, Saturday Night I better see both of your sigs up here.

Criteria:
Ok here how it goes down, nice and simple. I want a not too big sig, it has to be a green and black color scheme and abstract brushes only. Text should be looking purty and not too big...what text do you use? Heres what text you use "Hatake Kakashi", I don't want anymore then that. No name, no quote, no nuthin. The reason im giving you these kind of specific rules is because I want to see how both of you can do it and follow these rules. To see who remains in the tournament and who doesn't.

Good Luck bros.

smokin'

DigiMark007
Crap...that's specific.

So we have to have the name "Hatake Kakashi" in it somewhere?

* goes to download some abstract brushes *

I take it other images are frowned upon too?

TheLaw1224
I don't recomend it, but sure, and yes....Hatake Kakashi is your text

DigiMark007
K. Cool.

And good luck Baka!

BakaXero
Damn no expression
*Throws a banana at the Judge*

BakaXero
*starts to consider forfeiting*

TheLaw1224
Come on, it's a simple sig. Doesn't have to look amazing

DigiMark007
This is certainly a challenge. It's taken me this long to even figure out a decent design for it (my first few attempts failed horribly)....and executing it well might be a challenge too.

*crosses fingers and hopes*

Don't forfeit though Baka...I guarantee you mine won't be revolutionizing either.

BakaXero
I haven't even attempted to start this.
I dont know what an abstract brush is messed

TheLaw1224
Baka what program you using?

BakaXero
Photoshop no expression

Lana
Originally posted by BakaXero
I haven't even attempted to start this.
I dont know what an abstract brush is messed

http://search.deviantart.com/searchcraft/?cmd=1&offset=0&search=abstract+brushes

DE Calvin
Just search for it on google or m\find a tut.

TheLaw1224
http://www.deviantart.com/download/17463264/

http://www.deviantart.com/download/18521167/

Abstract brushes, TA-DA!!!!!

DE Calvin
Search for jashins brush set, those are my fav.

Lana
Just use the search link I posted stick out tongue Jashin's are good, ones by shad0w-gfx are good too.

TheLaw1224
woah no metal-cx fans, im ashamed

BakaXero
Damn Brushes disgust

DigiMark007
I'm not a fan of them myself either....I can never get them to look good for some reason.

And not being at home is frustrating too...I'd really like to be messing around with gimp right now. I'll just be putting in a lot of work on it tomorrow.

Lana
Originally posted by TheLaw1224
woah no metal-cx fans, im ashamed

Meh, not my style.

I'm not too big a fan of abstract style as it is.

BakaXero
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/470/hatakekakashi9zd.jpg
This is all i can do... so i admit defeat.

DigiMark007
...you never know Baka. The ones I have at the moment aren't really any better than that.

...I'll post it later today.

DigiMark007
K. You said smaller, so it's 440x145. Not really too much smaller, but at least something.

I'm not particularly proud of it, but with some critiquing from Ken and Lana it's better than it was originally. Thanks guys.

Oh, and he has two of those cinnabun-looking things on his sleeve now instead of one (in addition to the color change and such). Pointless, but I love having "easter eggs" in my sigs like that. And I'm still not completely happy with the text, but I found a new font and messed around with it enough that it doesn't look too bad. It's at 65.4KB.

TheLaw1224
Ok obviously, I guess I made this challenge TOO hard...because honestly those sigs aren't that great :/. Im going to re-make this thread with a new render and new rules, so don't worry about it guys....its my fault lol.

TOH
Ok obviously, I guess I made this challenge TOO hard...because honestly those sigs aren't that great :/. Im going to re-make this thread with a new render and new rules, so don't worry about it guys....its my fault lol.

What the f**k?

DigiMark007
?!?!

I know the sigs aren't super, but a new render and rules? Most tiring match ever. stick out tongue

Lana
I'd advise against a rematch, personally, just puts too much work on them....and makes the rest of us wait.

Next time, don't be so super finicky with the criteria.

H. S. 6

no expression

TheLaw1224
Yeah sorry, it's not that the sigs arent super, its just that this wasnt the match for you guys....Im going to find something which better suits both of you and something you both can do best

TheLaw1224
OK, so you guys want me to just judge it, or start a new duel?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Lana
I'd advise against a rematch, personally, just puts too much work on them....and makes the rest of us wait.

Co-signed. I have no idea whose is the better sig, but I'd move to just have them judged please....especially since other matches depend on this one ending. If this was a normal duel, I'd probably feel otherwise, but I don't want to hold the tourney up. I suppose we could consult Baka too to be fair, but I don't want to say exactly what we should be doing.

TheLaw1224
Ok then, ill have it judged by tonight.

Lana
I just want to know which of you two I'm going to be up against next stick out tongue

DigiMark007
And hell, the sigs aren't THAT bad, are they? I know mine won't win any awards, but I'd like to think it's not embarassing.

And yeah, bask all you want Lana...there's still two more tough matches to come....regardless of who wins this. shifty

KENobi™

no expression

I think both sigs are pretty good.

DigiMark007
Thanks Ken.

And don't worry Law...the strict criteria just made it a challenge. Nothing wrong with that. smile

DE Calvin
It is just the render was pretty boring...

BakaXero
have i lost yet? no expression

BakaXero
*Bumps*

Result???

DigiMark007
Meh, I'll PM him....

DigiMark007
K, we might have a problem. So I PM him (Law) and ask for a judgement. The reply was something to the effect of "I'm not going to because it's very close and I can't choose a winner."

Upon another PM saying "Erm, you kinda have to or we're in a pickle. So, um, please?" I haven't heard from him.

He wasn't mean about it or anything...he just seemed kind of matter-of-fact in announcing it.

So....

Hopefully he shows up and lays this to rest. But the other option is a no-judge where Baka and I both move on to a 3-way semi-final with Lana (who I'm sure is thrilled by that option... stick out tongue ).

If anyone has other suggestions, I'm certainly open to them...and I don't want to be the only one with an opinion in my own match to remove possible bias.

-DM

DE Calvin
I say that when Lana gets back, she decides, since she is the Mod...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DE Calvin
I say that when Lana gets back, she decides, since she is the Mod...

Well, it's sort of an open forum discussion so that we all have a say. I'm sure Lana will have her input as well though. I wasn't planning on deciding anything alone anyway.

DE Calvin
A poll?

BakaXero
Originally posted by DigiMark007
K, we might have a problem. So I PM him (Law) and ask for a judgement. The reply was something to the effect of "I'm not going to because it's very close and I can't choose a winner."

Upon another PM saying "Erm, you kinda have to or we're in a pickle. So, um, please?" I haven't heard from him.

He wasn't mean about it or anything...he just seemed kind of matter-of-fact in announcing it.

So....

Hopefully he shows up and lays this to rest. But the other option is a no-judge where Baka and I both move on to a 3-way semi-final with Lana (who I'm sure is thrilled by that option... stick out tongue ).

If anyone has other suggestions, I'm certainly open to them...and I don't want to be the only one with an opinion in my own match to remove possible bias.

-DM
Threeway match aye? shifty

DE Calvin
Nah, A poll would be better...

KENobi™
Law, get your ass in here and just pick a winner. Doesn't matter if they are too close, that's why you're judge to scrutinize every detail of both sigs to come up with a winner.

BakaXero
Nah, A poll would be better...
people tend to cheat when it comes to polls

DE Calvin
How?

BakaXero
How?
they ask their friends to vote for them erm

KENobi™
Why not do it the old fashioned way?

TheLaw picks about 5 judges, and they PM him with their winner, he tallies up the votes and whoever has the most wins.

BakaXero

TheLaw1224
Yeah good idea Kenobi
So who wants to judge?

KENobi™
Since it was my idea...I would like to be a judge.

TOH
wavey

BakaXero
suddenly i feel like i should have made a better attempt messed

DE Calvin
Likewise, I would like to be a judge..

TheLaw1224
Toh, Ken and DE Calvin are juding

DigiMark007
Gwak! What's this now....*re-reads last 8-9 posts*

Oh, well um. Ok.

I was kinda looking forward to the three-way with Lana *insert drum roll and cymbal crash* roll eyes (sarcastic) ...but this'll work too....if Baka's up for it, that is.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by BakaXero
suddenly i feel like i should have made a better attempt messed

I know the feeling. I'm not ashamed of my entry and I think there's a lot of good things about it (yours too for that matter), but it's not A-list stuff.

DE Calvin
Are we sending all criteria, or just who we think won?

TOH
PM sent.

DE Calvin
Sent to....

DigiMark007
Sent to....

Sent to Law I would assume.

...this secret ballot stuff is nerve-wracking...nice idea though Ken...

TOH

correct.

KENobi™

Sent mine as well.

This is just what we did for the Signature contests we used to hold.

TheLaw1224
Waiting on DECalvin's.

TheLaw1224
Congradulations Bakaxero, you are heading to the semi-finals.
Unfortunately Digimark did not make it....good effort, and I loved the sig. Show's great improvement in your sigs.

And thanks again Kenobi, TOH and DECalvin.

DigiMark007
Ok cool. Nice duel Baka. And good luck next round against Lana.

DE Calvin
He'll need it...

Lana
Okay, can I just point out that if you volunteer to judge, it is your responsibility to follow through with that?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Lana
Okay, can I just point out that if you volunteer to judge, it is your responsibility to follow through with that?

Co-signed. And thanks.

But when things dragged, any idea to move the match along seemed like a good one. As it is, I'm not upset or anything...I was happy just to win a match and have a chance in the 2nd one. This'll give me a chance to do some more judging again.

BakaXero
good Job Digi. a close match.
i wasn't very confident in this battle.
mostly cause i'm not used to this style.
so i'd say this battle was pretty even

Barker
Is this duel Finally done?

Diamonds
Originally posted by Barker
Is this duel Finally done? Originally posted by TheLaw1224
Congradulations Bakaxero, you are heading to the semi-finals.
Unfortunately Digimark did not make it....good effort, and I loved the sig. Show's great improvement in your sigs.

And thanks again Kenobi, TOH and DECalvin.

Barker
Originally posted by Diamonds

This is why Sarcasm was invented. stick out tongue

Diamonds
Originally posted by Barker
This is why Sarcasm was invented. stick out tongue embarrasment

I...I knew that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.