'A million little pieces' By - James Frey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkWizard
Has anyone read this book?

It's good, but Very Graphic (literary wise) I would reccomend it.

http://trashotron.com/agony/images/2005/05-news/01-17-05/frey-million_little_pieces.jpg

(if there's another thread let me know)

OB1-adobe
That guy just got busted for lying about everything in that book.

Have a nice day smile

DarkWizard
I'm aware.

But still good.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by DarkWizard
I'm aware.

But still good.

OOOOOOOOOOkkkkayyy??????????

I'll take fictional autobiography for 500 Alex.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
OOOOOOOOOOkkkkayyy??????????

I'll take fictional autobiography for 500 Alex.

Can't help you there.

But I CAN get it for you, at $10.46.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307276902/102-5591254-8191301?SubscriptionId=1NJQNZ8AA2VZ71K9Y9G2&n=283155

stick out tongue

MistressofSnape
He made a follow-up called My Friend Leonard. Heard it was good. I haven't read either book. Are those sprinkles? I wonder...

Piggle Humsy
I saw this book on Oprah the other day and was wondering whether to read it or not... she mentioned it like it was her god or something.. but now I've read this.. Originally posted by OB1-adobe
That guy just got busted for lying about everything in that book.

Have a nice day smile
I wonder if I should bother...
I also read a couple of bad reviews saying to avoid it.. erm

shrug

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I saw this book on Oprah the other day and was wondering whether to read it or not... she mentioned it like it was her god or something.. but now I've read this..
I wonder if I should bother...
I also read a couple of bad reviews saying to avoid it.. erm

shrug

It's woth reading.

Graphic content though.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by DarkWizard
It's woth reading.

Graphic content though.

ok I may still give it a go..

I can handle graphic content. smile

Jarshewa
i would like to know whats so graphic about this book

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Jarshewa
i would like to know whats so graphic about this book

Some talk about sex. Vomit Desciptions. etc.

Not Graphic as in 'Saving Private Ryan', or anything.

Jarshewa
you had me at sex and vomit

Jarshewa
is that "my friend leonard" book all bullshit to?

Addiction
OK, so the guy made it all up... I read fiction too. Is this book worth reading as a FICTION story? Or does it matter that much that the author originally claimed it was true?

She's a pirate
If it is possible to greatly dislike someone through their writing, this would be it. The man marketed this book as non-fiction at first. And everyone believed the babble he wrote. He was too cocky, made himself into the loveable drug addict who everyone looked up to. Basically he made himself out to be a God while he was 'supposidly' in rehab. And in the end, it was so surprise that he made himself out to be the ONLY one to basically stay sober and get on with his life. I'm sorry but drug/alcohol addictions are MUCH harder than a simple, No thank you, I don't want alcohol tonight. Especially when it's right under your nose. Though he could have gotten away with it once at the end, there is no way he could have denied himself alcohol again and stayed sober.

Thankfully they exposed this piece of garbage for what it really was: Fiction. I'm glad Oprah tore him a new one when she found it out. I greatly dislike this guy from what he wrote about himself and how he acts in his intervivews.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.