Favorite Visual in a film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkWizard
What is your favorite visual in a film?

Not necessarily a scene, just follow along.

-One of my favorite visuals ever, is on Reservoir Dogs: When Mr. Orange shoots Mr.Blonde. The camera circling around him while he is firing his gun, is just great.

-Another is on 'Crash', When the Car Crashes and Matt Dillon rushes to help, When the Gasoline is running, and the little drip of fire hits it.

-Another one that comes to mind, is in 'Saving Private Ryan'. The Sniper within the Tower.

What says thee?

Cinemaddiction
Firefly clan getting gunned down, in slow motion, to
Skynyrd's "Free Bird" at the end of "The Devil's Rejects". Poetry in motion, and a soem great cinematography.

BackFire
All of 2001 is a visual masterpiece, some of the best of all time. Also numerous scenes in most of Kubricks other films are outstanding.

American Beauty has some utterly gorgeous Cinematography.

Also, I gotta throw in a TCM reference, just because it's me.

The scene where Pam is walking to the house and the camera is following her butt, it's a great, menacing shot.

Wolfie
I love the visuals in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Solo
ESOTSM has some amazing visuals, along with American Beauty, The Thin Red Line, and Elephant.

LiL nAstY GirL
The Phantom of The Opera (The new one) has many amazing visuals

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Wolfie
I love the visuals in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Good point.

And I agree with you on TTRL, Solo.

Nevermind
I'll throw in a new one. Hero, I think had absolutely stunning visuals.

Tptmanno1
The opening scene of Lord of War was amazing.
And some of the scene's in FIght club, especially the one where he's on the plane. Or at the very end.
But one of my favorites is in an old Hitchcock movie. The Wrong Man, Which is a very wierd movie, but there is a scene where the main character is in a jail cell, and all of a sudden this errie music of trumpets with different mutes comes in and the camera is slightly spinning in thei overhead shot. Its just brilliant.

Mišt
Matrix - Neo dodging bullets.
Revenge of the Sith - Anakin burning on the lava.
Azumi - Azumi vs Bijomaru when the camera keeps rotating around them wacko

Myth
Lil Nasty, I want to vomit.

Anyway, the opening scene of Swordfish.

Etrigan
House of Flying Daggers.

I thought it was breathtaking when Jin fires teh arrows and it follows them all the way to their mark.

MildPossession
Yeah that sig makes me want to vomit also. Get rid pleaseeeeeee.

Agree with everything there.

Impediment
The final scene from American Beauty (the flashbacks)

The "Trippy Flying scene" from The Big Lebowski, after Dude was knocked unconscious.

As far as Stanley Kubrick goes, all of his movies are full of fantastic visuals. My favorite one, in particular, is From Dr. Strangelove when Slim Pickens rides the A-Bomb. I just love it.

DarkWizard
I was thinking about this earlier today.

And A great visual that comes to mind, is from 'Chronicles of Narnia' (2005). Right when they run into battle, just a few seconds before both armies clash there is complete silence. And you see a panther, and A jaguar tackle each other. A moment later, there is an enormous burst of sound when the armies do collide.

I get shivers thinking about it.

Deathblow
Originally posted by Nevermind
I'll throw in a new one. Hero, I think had absolutely stunning visuals.

That's what I was going to say. I think Hero is arguably the most visually beautiful film ever made. Grand statement I know, but just about every scene is breath-taking. The ballet-like fight between Broken Sword and Nameless on the lake, the swirling red and oranges in the fight between Moon and Snow, the stark yellows and browns of the fight in the desert, and that gorgeous chess house set just blow my mind. The colors are so incredibly lush, the combat so delicately choreographed and the sets so huge and lavish, it's astounding.

Mr Parker
Basically just about every visual in the star wars movies.

amity75
Elliott and ET flying on the bike across the face of the moon.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Deathblow
That's what I was going to say. I think Hero is arguably the most visually beautiful film ever made. Grand statement I know, but just about every scene is breath-taking. The ballet-like fight between Broken Sword and Nameless on the lake, the swirling red and oranges in the fight between Moon and Snow, the stark yellows and browns of the fight in the desert, and that gorgeous chess house set just blow my mind. The colors are so incredibly lush, the combat so delicately choreographed and the sets so huge and lavish, it's astounding.

Totally.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The flight of the Valkaryies scene - the one with the helicopters whirling away - in Apocalypse Now. It looks like a sunset experiencing a nuclear meltdown.

jaden101
my favourite visual is extremely subtle...goodfellas when deniro and liotta are in the cafe at the window table...the camera is pulling away from them while zooming in at the same time which keeps them at the same point in the screen but makes the street outside look like its getting closer and closer...

another is a very short scene in the matrix when morpheus says "load the jump programme and you see neo from above as the building zooms quickly up to meet his feet

Red Superfly
When Luke Skywalker confronts Darth Vader for the first time in Empire Strikes Back. The silhouette of Vader and Luke, along with the glow of the sabers, awesome.

The burning oil fields in Jarhead.

Terminator 2 - the T-1000 walking through the bars in the prison.

In Jurassic Park, when the T-Rex escapes and wrecks the car, and you see Grant and Lex, and a huge foot stomp down in front of them. Awesome.

Batman Begins - the bit where he is perched on top of a tower at night as the camera swoops around him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.