Villains United vs. Big Three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigel45
The VU team that took down the Freedom Fighters in Infinite Crisis #1:
Deathstroke
Zoom
Black Adam
Dr. Polaris
Cheetah
Bizarro
Psycho-Pirate
(remind me if I missed someone)

Vs.
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

This fight could be brewing in the pages of IC, so I'd like to hear what you all think. My initial reaction is a VU sweep, but I'll try to come back and set some terms for the fight to make it more fair later.

Tron
You left out Sinestro, but it's probably better that you did. It's already a serious uphill battle without him. With him, it's just becomes a slaughter.

The Ion
It's already a slaughter. Batman gets owned fast. Zoom would school Wonder Woman. Zoom, Black Adam, Cheetah and Bizarro would put a hurting on Supes.

Cosmic Cube
Damn. The odds are certainly stacked against our heroes.

jrodslam
Villains win.

nigel45
Ahhh, Sinestro. I knew I was forgetting someone important.

Yeah, I pretty much knew it wouldn't be good for the heroes, but it was worth a shot. If you look at the match-ups one on one it evens out somewhat, but team against team the Three turn into smears.

I'm toying with the idea of throwing Flash in there to help out, but if I do then I'm throwing out all the bull**** that inevitably comes into play on his threads (that means no IMP). Probably won't help that much since he would barely even negate Zoom. So I'm going to add Hal. Not some godly version of Hal, just your normal, everyday Green Lantern. Of course, I say all this like people are going to listen.

So the NEW Match-ups!

Villains United
Deathstroke
Zoom
Black Adam
Dr. Polaris
Cheetah
Bizarro
Psycho-Pirate
Sinestro

Vs.

JLA(ish)
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Flash
Hal Jordan

The Situation: Think the reverse of what the VU pulled on the Freedom Fighters. The VU team is somewhat off-guard, but they're not completely unprepared. The JLA team is expecting them and have been preparing themselves for the fight (that doesn't mean Batman created some flawless strategy or Flash ran around through time and did stuff). If you want to be technical, figure 15 minutes prep for the JLA only.

To Win: All opponents must be incapacitated, meaning knocked out, unable to fight, dead, or all of the above.

Here's how I see it going down. The VU have two absolute non-factors: Psycho-Pirate and Cheetah (aka affirmative action). The JLA has the drop on them, Flash takes them out first thing so that they never even become part of the equation. Zoom will be onto him quick, but I think Flash would have enough time to incapacitate those two. Flash's task after this is to run as much interference on Zoom as possible. Meanwhile (this is still only fractions of a second in) WW goes for Deathstroke and hopefully is able to get him from the air so as to avoid Zoom. Superman goes straight for the power-hitters to draw them away, probably taking Adam first. GL has been creating barriers, bubbles, etc. to try and seperate VU, but he can only do this for seconds before he's engaged by Sinestro who will pretty much keep him busy for the remainder. Batman is chillin' out behind some rubble trying not to die.

Assuming all the JLA'ers are alive at this point, which they probably are though it's not a given, their strategy should be to take the rest of the VU out in teams of two against one while the others try and provide backup. For example, Wonder Woman has proved capable of stopping Zoom, even if it did involve a little PIS. She teams up with Flash, he lends her speed, there's no reason they couldn't take him down. EXCEPT for the fact that by now the VU team is in full on pissed off mode and they're starting to fight back. You may have noticed that I've shyed away from mentioning Dr. Polaris until now. Well that's because I know diddly about him other than that he controls magnetism and has been called DC's version of Magneto. I'd thought about the possibility of Batman actually being useful and somehow sneaking up on him and taking him down, but I don't know if Polaris can sense the metal in his uniform, blah blah blah, so until someone gets back to me, I'm sticking with the batarang in the back of the skull theory.

So that leaves me with (eesh) the entire JLA team vs. Adam, Bizzaro, and Sinestro. And I've been writing this entry for nearly an hour so I think I've earned the right to just say JLA WINS!!! lol.

Alright, let's get with the criticism people.

Sixth_Winged
JLA stomped. Perhaps it would be much better if it weren't just the big three and instead the JLA 7.

nigel45
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
JLA stomped. Perhaps it would be much better if it weren't just the big three and instead the JLA 7.

Well, I changed it in my last post so check that one out to see the new JLA lineup. I just added Flash and Hal.

But they still might get stomped, so let me now and Ill get back to you tomorrow.

Wally West
With the new line up I'd still give it to the villains just because of numbers. Black Adam and Bizarro can keep Supes and Wonder Woman busy, in fact assuming its Black Adam that goes up against her she'd be out of the fight soon enough and Supes would be double teamed.

While Flash can keep Zoom busy (Flash has managed to just about keep up with Zoom, just barely, without stealing anyone's speed), and Sinestro is a good match for Hal, leaving Batman horrible outnumbered and an easy target, and the villains eventually pick off the heroes and overwhielm the rest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.