-=- Those Crazy Texans -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
As herd on CHOM 97.7 FM

An Australian Woman came to visit in Texas, While in the movies, another woman answered her cellphone and became to talk.

The Australian shushed her, and, after failing to comply, Tapped her on the arm and shushed her again.
The Texan was furious, ran out, got a cop and Arrested the Australian for (forgot the term) but "Beating her Up" and "Intrusion of Privacy"

The Australian Woman is currently in jail and awaiting trial.

VS

Dick Chaney Shot his Lawyer and they joke about it in the white house. (BTW' his lawyer had a heart attack due to a lodged bullet in his heart, he is in critical condition)(METRO Feb 15)

Conclusion: In Taxes you can not shush somebody, but you can shoot them in the face. (Expression, not Literly)

soleran30
He didn't shoot him in the face! Its torso...................lol yeah I am sure the Australian was totally innocent since police ask witness's what they saw and heard.................

Makedde
Americans are stupid, I would have belted the ***** for talking in the theatre.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
As herd on CHOM 97.7 FM

An Australian Woman came to visit in Texas, While in the movies, another woman answered her cellphone and became to talk.

The Australian shushed her, and, after failing to comply, Tapped her on the arm and shushed her again.
The Texan was furious, ran out, got a cop and Arrested the Australian for (forgot the term) but "Beating her Up" and "Intrusion of Privacy"

The Australian Woman is currently in jail and awaiting trial.

VS

Dick Chaney Shot his Lawyer and they joke about it in the white house. (BTW' his lawyer had a heart attack due to a lodged bullet in his heart, he is in critical condition)(METRO Feb 15)

Conclusion: In Taxes you can not shush somebody, but you can shoot them in the face. (Expression, not Literly)
As for the Australian...

Well, if someone says that someone was beating on him or her, then it is the duty of the police to take care of that person. Unfortunately, people are stupid jerk-offs.

As for the shooting...

It's kinda funny, actually. I mean, it's bad that Cheney shot someone, but it's funny, too. Like in Wedding Crashers...which is what I thought of when I heard of it.

Makedde
People just need to shut up when they watch a movie. Cinemas are for watching movies, not talking.

Koala MeatPie
And isn't it a law to SHUT OFF ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ?

HA! Pagers.. Who the hell uses that anymore : roll eyes (sarcastic)

soleran30
"The Australian shushed her, and, after failing to comply, Tapped her on the arm and shushed her again.
The Texan was furious, ran out, got a cop and Arrested the Australian for (forgot the term) but "Beating her Up" and "Intrusion of Privacy""

I have NEVER EVER seen someone arrested for this. Its what I would like to call colorful media as I see no witness reports on this so called arrest..............

Imperial_Samura
Actually it was in all the papers here. After being shushed by the Australian the American lady abused her and then went and got the police and went on about how her personal space had been invaded and she felt emotionally assaulted - the police apparently warned the American is she tried to press charges she to would also have to be charged with a more serious offense (based on her conduct and language) - as the police did interview the witnesses and found that in all sensability the American lady blew it out of proportion and acted in a far more serious manner. Apparently the American wouldn't back down, so now they are both face charges - one more serious then the other. It was predicted the charge against the Australian would be thrown out, as might the one against the American, by any sensible judge.

He was hit in the face, chest and shoulder by the pellets.

Koala MeatPie
Thank You.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Makedde
Which makes all Americans stupid, am I right? I am american, I am stupid but not stupid enough to arrest someone for something as simple as that, or so forth.

Hit_and_Miss
what would Rolf Harris say about this! I can't believe he hasn't passed his royal decision on that auzzies crime...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
what would Rolf Harris say about this! I can't believe he hasn't passed his royal decision on that auzzies crime...

I reckon he'll break out the old wobble board and make his feeling known through the medium of song, and few known forces can stand up to Rolf in full wobble.

FeceMan
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Which makes all Americans stupid, am I right? I am american, I am stupid but not stupid enough to arrest someone for something as simple as that, or so forth.
What you'll find, my dear boy, is that Makkede is an idiot.

PVS
physical contact can be considered assault.
please dont attack me, im just pointing out fact,
i do think that lady was an ******* for lying.
what i mean is that there are many cases where one guy will
get in anothers face and perhaps point their finger on the
other guy. the other guy obviously acknowledges the threat
and beats the shit out of him and gets
off for self defense. and i think thats just fine.

so certain laws are in place for a good reason, but can also be
manipulated and abused, as is the case here.

oh and texas sucks.

Koala MeatPie

So how does this defend your point exactly?

Wait, What is your point?

"Not all Americans are Stupid, but I am An American, and Stupid"

!?

Nevermind
Americans are stupid.

Shut up. People talking in the cinema is pretty rare for me. This is just one crazy person who took an incident like this too far. The fact that she is American or she is Australian is irrelevant and doesn't make a story like this anymore interesting.

Imperial_Samura
Since everyone seem to watching this case with overflowing excitement *tumble weed blows past* The verdict is in: - Australian charged with assault - pleaded guilty, got off with a $200 fine, it wont go on her record the judge said unless she committed another crime during the next 90 or so days. It also doesn't affect her application to migrate to the US either. Judge also commented on the absurdity of the whole matter. So she is happy.

Texan - Still awaiting her day in court over her charge of disorderly conduct (over the abuse and screaming and all that.)

I like that quote "If I owned Hell and Texas I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." Maybe it's not quite that bad, but it's still a good quote.

Leo.M
Americans are stupid

Not all of us are stupid you know cry
People just need to shut up when they watch a movie. Cinemas are for watching movies, not talking. Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
And isn't it a law to SHUT OFF ALL CELL PHONES AND PAGERS ?

yes

Nevermind
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Since everyone seem to watching this case with overflowing excitement *tumble weed blows past* The verdict is in: - Australian charged with assault - pleaded guilty, got off with a $200 fine, it wont go on her record the judge said unless she committed another crime during the next 90 or so days. It also doesn't affect her application to migrate to the US either. Judge also commented on the absurdity of the whole matter. So she is happy.

I still think that's pretty outragous, if she did what they say she did (tapping a woman on the shoulder).

Eis
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
So how does this defend your point exactly?

Wait, What is your point?

"Not all Americans are Stupid, but I am An American, and Stupid"

!?
hysterical

Darth Jello
well, it's better to yell "SHUT YOUR INBRED, CORNPONE, PISS LIPS YA ****ING REDNECK BROWNEYE!!!" before tapping or making any oter kind of physical contact.

botankus

These are both excellent points. The first post is a prime example of someone actually using the amount of brainpower that they think americans use, which was quickly refuted by the second post.

FeceMan
Originally posted by botankus
These are both excellent points. The first post is a prime example of someone actually using the amount of brainpower that they think americans use, which was quickly refuted by the second post.
Ouch. That is ****ing harsh.

I like it.

Makedde
Well, you go to a theatre to see a movie, not to yak on your mobile phone. People need to shut their traps, or don't bother seeing the movie.

Nevermind
Well, you go to a theatre to see a movie, not to yak on your mobile phone. People need to shut their traps, or don't bother seeing the movie.

You've made that point twice now. What has it added to this thread?

Makedde
The woman got fined $200. Stupid Yanks.

Nevermind
The woman got fined $200. Stupid Yanks.

You're Repeating posted information. Stupid Australians.

That doesn't sound fair on me does it? Stop hating and grow up.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Nevermind
You've made that point twice now. What has it added to this thread?
Makkede adds nothing to threads, save for more words.

meep-meep

Please. All americans aren't stupid. Now that that's cleared up, as far as your second observation: Amen, sista!

meep-meep
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, it's better to yell "SHUT YOUR INBRED, CORNPONE, PISS LIPS YA ****ING REDNECK BROWNEYE!!!" before tapping or making any oter kind of physical contact.

But c'mon. It was a tap. maybe the aussie didn't want to resort to getting loud since they were in a theatre, so she tapped her and said "shhhhh!" although the "shhh" does constitute as talking, I guess. I seem to have painted myself into the corner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.