Will Spidey go public with his secret identity in the Civil War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
The statement says it all.

Xirius
No, he's to publicly feared and people are too suspicious of him. He'll keep it a secret.

Knightfall93
He has to or JJJ will have him ripped limb from limb!

willRules
I would have thought he wuld say no, which he probably will but it will spark off an arguement with the pro-registration act Iron-man who just made him a new suit................

Knightfall93
Well Iron Man knows where he can stick all that BS

DBZ MAN
It's not BS, it's expensive. The suit has in built communicators, special webbing that helps him GLIDE, Bullet proof armour and someother stuff. Not Rocket Boots!!
Check the topic AMS Spider-man 529 Preview topic.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
It's not BS, it's expensive. The suit has in built communicators, special webbing that helps him GLIDE, Bullet proof armour and someother stuff. Not Rocket Boots!!
Check the topic AMS Spider-man 529 Preview topic. It's a piece o ****! Red is spideys color....not yellow. Tights are his niche, not metal. All that suit says is "I know a rich guy who felt bad for me and made me a sick unfashonable suit."

Knightfall93
I didnt mean that BS, i m,eant the "let's go poublic and be good boys" BS! Will someone please scan on the Civil War tuff because i can't get 'em easily in fair Britannia!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
It's a piece o ****! Red is spideys color....not yellow. Tights are his niche, not metal. All that suit says is "I know a rich guy who felt bad for me and made me a sick unfashonable suit."

And guess what? That's exactly what it's supposed to say. wink

Think about it. stick out tongue

Knightfall93
???

VeNoM_Factor
Originally posted by H. S. 6
And guess what? That's exactly what it's supposed to say. wink

Think about it. stick out tongue

agreed!

Knightfall93
LMAO

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Knightfall93
???

When you consider what SS said, that is exactly the purpose of the new costume. wink

Knightfall93
Sure....???

Drache53
It is. yes

Knightfall93
Okey dokey

doctorstrongbad
If he did his life would be a lot easier.

Marcus4600
Spidey giving his name to the public? Ain't gonna happen. I'm guessing nobody checked the Civil War poster yet to see who's on what side. I'll go ahead and give the listing on the poster.

Left Side (more than likely against the act)
Namor (king of all badassness)
She-Hulk (finally some credibility after her godawful new series)
Daredevil (2 lawyers, more than likely gonna fight the bill in the courts)
SPIDER-MAN!

Right Side (those for the act)
The Fantastic Four
Yellowjacket (as always, has TOOL written all over him)
Iron Man

Cap is right in the middle, as he should be. He'll definately be the deciding factor in the story.

Knightfall93
oooh, great Spidey has a blind guy, a Dr Spock rip off and a green WHORE on his side!

Marcus4600
Dude, shut up. Seriously. Knightfall, your opinions are about the worth of Wolverine8888 when it comes to anything. Namor rules. He's an amazing character that's done one hell of a lot more than Batman ever has. She-Hulk is a class 100, and **** she may be, she's a bona fide hero, and good lawyer. Matt Murdock is an amazing hero as well, who's one of the most well known Marvel heroes out there, and also one of the best fighters. So, to be honest Knightfall, you can shut the hell up about the subject, because you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Knightfall93
have you EVER heard of a thing called irony? Or sarcasm?

Marcus4600
have you ever heard of a bad joke? Seriously, that's horrible saracasm.

Knightfall93
Seriously, you need to chill or else just get a damned sense of humour

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Spidey giving his name to the public? Ain't gonna happen. I'm guessing nobody checked the Civil War poster yet to see who's on what side. I'll go ahead and give the listing on the poster.

Left Side (more than likely against the act)
Namor (king of all badassness)
She-Hulk (finally some credibility after her godawful new series)
Daredevil (2 lawyers, more than likely gonna fight the bill in the courts)
SPIDER-MAN!

Right Side (those for the act)
The Fantastic Four
Yellowjacket (as always, has TOOL written all over him)
Iron Man

Cap is right in the middle, as he should be. He'll definately be the deciding factor in the story.

The poster was nothing more than just art. Marvel has already announced on their web-site that Iron-man will be leading those against the act, while Captain America will be leading those for the act. Every team will be split about it, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, EVERYBODY. They also stated that Spidey feels a debt of graditude to Iron Man for the new costume, and will side with Iron Man's team. It went on to say that Spidey doesn't really like it, and it ask just how far will Spidey go in this matter and with Stark. That's why I asked if he would reveal his secret.

Knightfall93
i think Spidey should have a concluding battle with stark...

doctorstrongbad
Spidey in his suit vs. Iron man. That would be an interesting battle.

Dark-Kenshin
Yeah, but Spidey would win in the end though.

BlaqChaos
See, no one believes me when I tell them this will happen.

DigiMark007
Wow. More out of Knightfall and Marcus. Can't say I'm terribly surprised. But please prove me wrong and try to act civilly (and not swear like a sailor).

carnageandvenom
super hero war wow that would give a big chance for the villians to escape and pplunder and kill while the heros duke it out

Zero_Maximum
Could someone plz explain what the Civil War is ?????????!!!!!!!!!

botcherby
the government has imposed a registration act where Superheroes must reveal their identities to the government/public

it really makes no sense at all for the superheroes to reveal their identities to the public. The government I can understand, but the public is just so stupid.

Sparkz
When is this arc actuly gonna start its been talked about for months

Knightfall93
Can someone scan the stuff on when it comes out cos I cant get comics v. easily...

doctorstrongbad
There is no way Spider-man is going to tell the world he is Peter Parker. He can Kiss Aunt May and MJ good bye if he does. Every bad guy in the marvel universe will kidnap them. Which seems to happen very often. hehe

BlaqChaos
But Spidey seems to be one of the focal points for the war, and Marvel keeps asking how far will Spidey go. Right now he supports Stark, and is against the bill, but Marvel is claiming that at the end of the War Spidey will make a decision that will have a HUGE effect on his life and leave his character changed forever.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
But Spidey seems to be one of the focal points for the war, and Marvel keeps asking how far will Spidey go. Right now he supports Stark, and is against the bill, but Marvel is claiming that at the end of the War Spidey will make a decision that will have a HUGE effect on his life and leave his character changed forever.

That is a good point. I'm wondering if the heroes will actually fight each other? I could see them fighting back mobs of protesters, but do you think the civil war will have hero vs. hero ?

Knightfall93
I don't know... maybe the government order that all non- registered heroes have to be brought down, by any means necessary... you know, the pro-heroes have to take them in...

BlaqChaos
Yep, he's gonna do it. See here for more confirmation:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=398492

Oh, and in answer to your post...yes, it will be hero against hero.

Knightfall93
Great! I bet they have a huge Spidet VS Iron Man finale, I mean... that's definitely a very commercially successful idea, methinks

RUNMAN
That would be a nice battle indeed. Theres a rumor that Invisible Woman is going to die... Richards is going to heaven again... I mean, to save her wife of course...

CaptainStoic
the Invisible Woman is going to die??? Where'd you hear that from?

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Seriously, you need to chill or else just get a damned sense of humour

That was neither sarcasm nor irony.

Knightfall93
Or you can ignore arguments that happened months ago...

RUNMAN
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
the Invisible Woman is going to die??? Where'd you hear that from?

That's what I heard from the comic people here...

BlaqChaos
This tears it!!! It's definately happening!!!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #534

Written by J. Michael Straczynski, pencils and cover by Ron Garney.

"The War at Home," part 3 of 6. Life couldn't be more complicated -- or more dangerous -- for Peter Parker. Spider-Man has picked a side in the Civil War that's tearing apart the super hero community, and the decision has ripped apart some of his strongest bonds. When one of the War's leaders comes to recruit Spidey for his troops, will Spidey stay true to that decision?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 26.

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #28

Written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, pencils and cover by Clayton Crain.

Tie-in to Amazing Spider-Man: "The War At Home" The War has begun, sides have been chosen, and the die has been cast! With the repercussions of recent actions in Civil War spreading across the Marvel Universe, this special stand-alone issue looks at how every action can have enormous consequences...even in Peter Parker's life.

Black Adam
This tears it!!! It's definately happening!!!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #534

Written by J. Michael Straczynski, pencils and cover by Ron Garney.

"The War at Home," part 3 of 6. Life couldn't be more complicated -- or more dangerous -- for Peter Parker. Spider-Man has picked a side in the Civil War that's tearing apart the super hero community, and the decision has ripped apart some of his strongest bonds. When one of the War's leaders comes to recruit Spidey for his troops, will Spidey stay true to that decision?

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 26.

SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN #28

Written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, pencils and cover by Clayton Crain.

Tie-in to Amazing Spider-Man: "The War At Home" The War has begun, sides have been chosen, and the die has been cast! With the repercussions of recent actions in Civil War spreading across the Marvel Universe, this special stand-alone issue looks at how every action can have enormous consequences...even in Peter Parker's life.

you mean that pete is going to reveal his identity to the public?
not really ....

those solicits are awfully vague and don't really say anything that we don't already know....

doctorstrongbad
Do we know what side he will pick yet?

BlaqChaos
One more issue till he does it. Marvel stated that a Marvel icon character would go public with their secret identity in Civil War #2. It was going to be one of four people. Iron Man, Spider-man, Daredevil, or Spider-woman. Spider-woman isn't an iconic character, and they've already done it with Iron Man before. Daredevil is in prison, with someone esle running arond the streets in his costume. All roads keep leading back to Spider-man. Especially the way that Marvel says this was a hotly debated and controversial decision they made on this character. The latest things are also saying that Spidey is about to make a decision that will change the way all the other heroes in the Marvel U look at him, and the decision will alter his life and the lives of his family forever.

Why does no one believe me?

BlaqChaos
SEE!!! I told you, I told you, I told you!

MuffinmanMike
I believe Blag is refering to the page where Spidey is talking to the reporter.

If I had the link I'd post it, but to sum it up, the reporter says he's told "everything" so far, and Spidey says "There's one thing I havn't told you...who I am."

doctorstrongbad
Okay so no info yet on what side he takes? Man I hate waiting for info.

crazy
what is the exact date that the civil war comics come out

BlaqChaos
Amazing Spider-man #532 came out yesterday. That's what I was reffering to. My friend in North Carolina subscibes to it, and he got his copy in the mail early (last week). In it, Peter, MJ, and May come to the decision that not only should he support Tony Stark, but he should also come forward with his identity. May was the main one aThe whole thing about power and responsibility. At the end of the book he calls a press conference to reveal himself to the world. It ended right there because Marvel decided that they want the actual event to take place in the main Civil War book, and not one of the side books that cover the war. Civil War #2 comes out on June 14th, and that's when Spidey will make his big announcement.

UniOmni
I hate Quesada....Spiderman doing this is totally out of character. He wears a mask to protect those he loves. This has been priority one from DAY DAMN ONE QUESADA!!! All this so you can end the marriage that affected him for the better?!! Peter going back to a carefree bachelor isn't plausible at the point! He won't be a damn bachelor! He'll be a ****ing divorcee!!! GOTDAMN!! I can't wait till i either make my own company, and heed CONTINUITY(such a thing exists!) and CHARACTER, or work for Marvel and hopefully, clean up the messes YOU MADE!!! YOU!!!
Talk about throwing twenty years down the drain!! Just to go back to the status quo!! Marvel was the company of ideas!! Get creative!! Not predictable. There. Rant ****ING DONE.

Dan-El
Can't wait to see...

BlaqChaos
wow

chucktaylor
This sucks. I'm so getting the TPB of this arc. still have no cash to pay the comics, so I'll just wait for 'em to be bundled up. wink

F_doomed
He goes Public

Doc Ock
A preview of Sensational Spider-Man #28: http://comics.ign.com/articles/713/713045p1.html

Doc Ock is the first to react to Spider-Man revealing his identity, and as you can see, he doesn't show up to congratulate Peter big grin

Black Adam
Originally posted by Doc Ock
A preview of Sensational Spider-Man #28: http://comics.ign.com/articles/713/713045p1.html

Doc Ock is the first to react to Spider-Man revealing his identity, and as you can see, he doesn't show up to congratulate Peter big grin

The art looks great.

wish clayton crain was the regular artist instead of Angel Medina

Doc Ock
Yeah, the art looks great.

I wish the dialogue was filled in though sad

Arahan
dont worry Doc, you can buy the comic or read it at your comic store soon wink

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Black Adam
The art looks great.

wish clayton crain was the regular artist instead of Angel Medina Clayto kicks ass.Originally posted by Doc Ock
Yeah, the art looks great.

I wish the dialogue was filled in though sad Got it here. Peter: My name is Peter Parker and I've been Spiderman since I was fifteen years old.
Person: Mr Jameson?

Spideys Sister
2:
Peter: Any questions?

Doc Ock
LOL! I was referring to the Doc Ock preview one wink

H. S. 6
Clayto kicks ass. Got it here. Peter: My name is Peter Parker and I've been Spiderman since I was fifteen years old.
Person: Mr Jameson?
2:
Peter: Any questions?

laughing

InnerRise
I knows some are mad. But isn't this only in this Universe of the Comics? In the other universes he's still got his identity kept secret so it's not as if every comic book you read of Spiderman will have Identity Known. Just this Civil War one for right now has his identity known.

is it comprehensible.....

chucktaylor
Isnt this 616 Universe? No? I'm confused.

Spideys Sister
I thought it was 616....

Doc Ock
It is 616.

Everyone knows Spidey's identity now.

Spideys Sister
On live tv... couldn't it be him dreaming? That's the only way they can fix this now.

Doc Ock
Oh it's real alright. The reprecussions from this Civil War is in every title in Marvel comics.

Spideys Sister
Then all is lost. Oh well, there's always deadpool.

InnerRise
So is the 616 Universe like the central Universe or something and they put the Civil War story in that Universe and that's where SpiderMan revealed his true identity?

Because like I said, since there are so many other Universes it's not as if you'll never read another comic where Spider Man's identity is still concealed.

Arahan
616 is the real deal. other universes are just possibilities and are not in contunity.

Black Adam
Originally posted by InnerRise
So is the 616 Universe like the central Universe or something and they put the Civil War story in that Universe and that's where SpiderMan revealed his true identity?

Because like I said, since there are so many other Universes it's not as if you'll never read another comic where Spider Man's identity is still concealed.

Like Arahan said 616 is the real deal.

in the ultimate universe comics even though he's never official made his identity public Bendis seems to love removing his mask in front of people every odd issue.

The MC2 universe( where Spider-man is old and his daughter has taken over) is about to end. I think. That might have changed but i heard spider-girl is ending with issue 100.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by InnerRise

Think of 616 as the main universe. A vast majority of the continuity you know from Spider-Man is from 616.

All of the other universes you can think of as spin-offs.

So, while you're correct in saying that it's not like you'll never read another comic where Spidey's identity is still a secret, 616 is the one that matters. 616 is the universe that's been around for something like 40 years, so this is a really big deal.

Ritoshi
The statement says it all. Yes candylove

Spideys Sister
The MC2 universe( where Spider-man is old and his daughter has taken over) is about to end. I think. That might have changed but i heard spider-girl is ending with issue 100. It's almost official.Originally posted by Arahan
616 is the real deal. other universes are just possibilities and are not in contunity. Like that poor poor Ultimate Universe. Just like BA said...
"in the ultimate universe comics even though he's never official made his identity public Bendis seems to love removing his mask in front of people every odd issue."

Dan-El
Refering back to the Doc Ock preview, I thank the good Steve Ditko's bones that Ock is out of his "Neo/Mullet" Phase. It seems he's back to the old school tentacles as well.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Arahan
616 is the real deal. other universes are just possibilities and are not in contunity. Originally posted by Black Adam
Like Arahan said 616 is the real deal.

in the ultimate universe comics even though he's never official made his identity public Bendis seems to love removing his mask in front of people every odd issue.

The MC2 universe( where Spider-man is old and his daughter has taken over) is about to end. I think. That might have changed but i heard spider-girl is ending with issue 100. Originally posted by H. S. 6
Think of 616 as the main universe. A vast majority of the continuity you know from Spider-Man is from 616.

All of the other universes you can think of as spin-offs.

So, while you're correct in saying that it's not like you'll never read another comic where Spidey's identity is still a secret, 616 is the one that matters. 616 is the universe that's been around for something like 40 years, so this is a really big deal.
Oh ok. I see now.

Thanks for the explanations.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Dan-El
Refering back to the Doc Ock preview, I thank the good Steve Ditko's bones that Ock is out of his "Neo/Mullet" Phase. It seems he's back to the old school tentacles as well.

Definitely thumb up

Old school Ock is back.

Black Adam
Definitely thumb up

Old school Ock is back.

just wish he had a shirt on...

Dan-El
Definitely thumb up

Old school Ock is back.

That whole mullet thing was just a baaaaaad idea. And the little suction cups on the tentacles? What the ****?

doctorstrongbad
Well everybody goes though changes. I think we can appreciate Doc Ock more now that he is going back to his classic style.

I'm sure the same thing will happen when spider-man ditches his new "tony stark" suit in 2007.

Dan-El
True, but still. I could get over Gobby's new get-up, but Ock just looked like that dude that sung Achy-Breaky Heart...

Sparkz
Originally posted by Dan-El
True, but still. I could get over Gobby's new get-up, but Ock just looked like that dude that sung Achy-Breaky Heart...

I did like the long black coat...other than that he had nothin'.

Dan-El
My favorite Ock appearance was his last one in Amazing Spider-Man (Until the Stars Turn Cold arc). Romita Jr. and JMS are the perfect team-up! JR Jr have to leave for Black Panther?!

doctorstrongbad
Doc Ock is a great classic character I have liked all of his different outfits and styles. Since spider-man powers have increased, will his baddies get stronger powers?

Black Adam
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Doc Ock is a great classic character I have liked all of his different outfits and styles. Since spider-man powers have increased, will his baddies get stronger powers?

hopefully will get a flash rogues like revitalization of spidey old rogues gallery someday.

i'm tired of venom and goblin being the ones most writers always fall back on.

so many villains with so much potential

http://www.samruby.com/villtoc.htm

doctorstrongbad
hopefully will get a flash rogues like revitalization of spidey old rogues gallery someday.

i'm tired of venom and goblin being the ones most writers always fall back on.

so many villains with so much potential

http://www.samruby.com/villtoc.htm

I agree Spider-man has the best gallery of villains ever, with maybe batman coming close.

Doc Ock
Woooo Sensational Spider-Man 28 rocked.

I loved Ock's reaction to the unmasking. He was mega PISSED at Spidey big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.