Genetics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick

Fishy
Right...

But eh the thing is the baby's don't become mutated.. the force isn't a mutation either, its just a gift.. Like sometimes smart parents get smart children, look at it like that...

Wesker
I'd really like to see proof that Anakin was born of the Force itself and not Plageus' experiments as has been heavily hinted at.

Twilight Janick
It might have been Darth Plaugeis.

DE Calvin
Originally posted by Wesker
I'd really like to see proof that Anakin was born of the Force itself and not Plageus' experiments as has been heavily hinted at.
No, It'ds the other way around, Evidence It was Plageius, When databank says he was born of the force.

General G
The only theory I have heard, no matter where it's from has said it was Plagueis or greatly hinted at it.

Captain REX
I hate that stupid Plagueis theory.

Anyways, the Force isn't a genetic thing, so get over it.

The easiest way to disprove everything you said is say that 1) you don't have sources to back it up and 2) you don't know that things work that way in the Star Wars universe anyways.

Tangible God
Damn straight Rex.

I'm getting sick of TJ and his genetic crap about Padme. The only genetic principle involved in the Force is the midi's, and they only determine possible future potential, not hereditary background.

Twilight Janick
I have a right to express an opinion here.

Genetics downplay a role, the only thing it determines (if you count the midichlorians apart) is whether a person is Force-sensitive or not. If none of Ki-Adi-Mundi's wives has any Force-sensitivity gene, then none of the kids would be taken by the Jedi. Unless Cereans don't have genetics like humans'.

A quote from Shatterpoint: The ancestors of the Korunnai were shipwrecked Jedi. This is the best explanation for a curious genetic fact: all Korunnai can touch the Force.

JaehSkywalker
i think all people at sw universe have a force sensitive recessive trait (dumb guess)

Twilight Janick
If humans work in a certain way genetically in the real world, it has to work for humans in other universes.

Han Solo has only 1 Force-sensitivity gene. If Gungans have a genetic system compatible with humans', then Jar Jar don't have any.

Luke/Leia cases:

(Note: X represents the dominant trait, no Force-sensitivity, x, the Force-sensitivity)

Father: xx
Mother:Xx

(reverse the parents' order in the case of Anakin, Jaina and Jacen)

Two possible outcomes: Xx and xx.

Luke and Leia being fake twins, there are four possible outcomes:
(Note: the first couple is Luke's and the second pair is Leia's)
Xx-Xx, xx-Xx, Xx-xx and xx-xx, all of them being equal in probability.

Tangible God
You've recently learned biology and are trying to apply to SW aren't you?

The concept of genes does not work in SW like it does in real life, just like how lightsabers don't work in real life as they do in SW.

Twilight Janick
SW biology and SW weapons are applied differently.

The concept of genes work in SW when Lama Su talked about genetic modifications for the clone troopers.

Please don't imply that the entire universe is different, only parts of it differ. Economics don't vary much, human biology don't vary in the way of genetics.

Tangible God
Except for midi-cholrians, those genetic variables in your theory.

From your point of view, these "variables" seem to take place in both realities. As does the Force apparently.

Face it, SW logic and scientific understanding is a warped version of ours. The things that make sense there (i.e. midi's and the Force) don't make sense here.

And vice-versa.

Our concept of genetics and life in general is not altered by the Force as it is in SW. Who are you to say that the same biological principles that we know, are the same in Star Wars, when in fact, THEIR biological principles don't make sense to us?

No evidence as been canonicaly given to suggest that the two are so defintely linked and related, other than the low-brow example you've given, seeing as how our cloning research as barely progressed upon humans, much less to the point of creating a highly superior army out of them. An army, who, none the less, has been grown in HALF the time to full adulthood and homo-sapien maturity. Provide the official evidence that suggest Earth's practises have come so far, and I'll take it back.

Twilight Janick
It's just Earth ethics that would prevent that. Maybe, in a couple of decades, we would be able of cloning such a large quantity of clones. That scene is only a foreshadow of our own future.

Anyway, could you get any extra application of genetics other than for Force-ends or army cloning in SW?

Tangible God
Can you?

Darth Kal-El

Jack Daniels
jedi dont mate! poor souls...lol A little Jack Daniels could fix that....drunk

Darth_Glentract
The Plagueis idea for the creation of Anakin was confirmed in the New Essential Guide to Chronology.

Jack Daniels
yea!...lol...finally

Twilight Janick
Maybe not in the PT era but in the Sith Wars and the ones who are rejected because they had no master do mate.

docb77
here's something more to add to the equation, perhaps midi-clorians equate to mitochondria, in that case the average person would get the majority of their mitochondria from their mother... if you get enough you're force sensitive, if not tough luck. in this case it would be sort of a big craps shoot who lucked out and who is stuck without the "gift". especially if the numbers of midiclorians in normal people is usually small. it would have to be a lucky turn of events that put all the midi-clorians from the original cell in the end ovum after all those rounds of meosis.

Anakin apparrently would be the exception, since the force apparently forced multiple midi-clorians into the cells that made him. My big genetics question if this is what happened, is where did that Y chromosome come from?

Twilight Janick
I always assumed that midi-chlorians and genes were counted apart when it comes to the analysis of Force-powers. And to do so, I always assumed that the biological father of Anakin was either Darth Plaugeis or the Force itself.

Tangible God
Since midi-chorlians APPEAR to be hereditary, we can assume they are genetic. So Force powers and talents CAN be passed on, though at different degrees to different children.

If Glentract is right, and Plagueis is the "father" of Anakin, does that mean he had sex with Shmi? Apparently not.

He used the Force and Sith alchemy (or something) to arrange the midi-chlorians on a genetic level to create Anakin. But that doesn't necessarily mean he implanted his OWN DNA into Shmi.

docb77
Yeah, the whole child of the force thing was a little too much for me. Lucas went all messianic on us.

Twilight Janick
Plaugeis may have used bits from his own DNA to make his Sith alchemy.

Tangible God
Key-word, "MAY," have. Since it remains unknown we can hardly continue the case.

DarthBanevv
In RotJ Luke says "The force is strong in my family. My father has it, I have it and my sister has it." I think that shows that if you hvae a force sensitive parent or parents you're likely to be stronger in the force. And one more thing they are allowed to mate in the NJO.

Twilight Janick
Were they allowed to mate in the Sith Wars era?

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
Were they allowed to mate in the Sith Wars era?

Well... Nomi had a husband so yes.

DarthBanevv
I think they weren't allowed to mate in KotOR. Because Bastila mentions it a couple of times. Not like she say's "The Jedi Council won't allow me to love you Revan!". She just says stuff like "Such feelings are beneath me". Leading me to believe that she thought she had mastered her feelings. And that Jedi were not allowed to mate, that or she was just afraid to love a Sith Lord.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Akechi Misuhide
Well... Nomi had a husband so yes. Nomi Sunrider?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.