SW Farmers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
The official site has characters described as farmers and land owners. If you read EpisodeII.com they have an article linking Star Wars to Kurosawa films. In one of these films the Samuri have to protect a group of farmers. So the Jedi might have to do the same in Ep 2.

Xizor
Perhaps, it's more likely that they just have a very minor role as moisture farmers on Tatooine. Lucas seems keen on the idea of telling us stuff that is irelevent to the plot in Ep2, and then feeling very proud of "sharing" with us.

King Jedi
The official site says they are all pretty experienced actors not just extras. I think everyone should read that Kurosawa page as it is very interesting.

Xizor
I'll do that. I do remember thinking SW's whole samurai connection and hero's journey stuff was real cool. From a literary prospective.

King Jedi
That page tells you a lot of links between the two which have already happened and hopefully some still to come.

Xizor
Vadrers very asian looking costume design is a work of genius.

UnknownBountyHunter
Moisture farmers don't necessarily have to not be major roles. Maybe they are related to Anakin or Shmi, and Anakin goes to them to learn about his past.

Xizor
Here's a good scenario, they are friends/family of Owen. Owen has been taking care of Schmi while Anakins been away.

UnknownBountyHunter
But Shmi's a slave...

Xizor
Wonit stop Owen from coming by to her hovel, helping her with chores, talking to her and caring for her if she's sick or overworked.

UnknownBountyHunter
That's IF Owen is on Tatooine, I think he might start out as an Alderaanian citizen.

King Jedi
I still think he is a Jedi.

Xizor
I think Beru is an Alderaanian citzen, Owen has a simple beginning and a simple end as a Moisture farmer.

Dim
What if Owen owns Shmi (the frees her)....I know it's not likely...but I don't think anyone brought up the possiblity.

UnknownBountyHunter
I kind of find the idea of Owen and Beru being brother and sister convincing. I mean think about it, they're farmers right? They would need kids to take care of the chores. They are relatively in shape so conceiving wouldn't be difficult and they are MOST LIKELY AGAINST INCEST. *shudders at the word*

Dim
It says right on the Official Site that they're married...so lets not even go into the incest thing...no freaky hillbilly themes please smile

UnknownBountyHunter
It "says" they're married, until GL tricks us into his inaviable scheme to manipulate our malfunctioning little brains and follow his orders as pit droids.

Dim
yep....I'm a drone...get with the program!...they're married...people marry their sisters Tatooine...yeah...that's what GL will say. YICKY!!!!

UnknownBountyHunter
Hey, George Washington married his second cousin.

Dim
So are you saying you're Pro-Inbreeding? stick out tongue ...

UnknownBountyHunter
Now I am confused, you get to know one American fact and it backfires. Doh!

Dim
I only know one German fact...and I don't think I'm ever going to be able to you sit...atleast you're fact was useful.

UnknownBountyHunter
The one about our provincial seats hatred towards American entertainment?

Dim
no...okay, so now I know 2...the other one is about Hitler and a goat...

Xizor
I think he's both pro-incest and con-america. smile

Dim
eek! laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Are you referring to me Xizor. Hope not, because
a)I'm a moderator
b)I am old enough to press harassment charges smile

Just keeping people in line, and I never said I am con-America. And since we are getting into the politics subdivison, I believe America has a Congress. Well pro is good and con is bad, so then what's the opposite of Progess? Exactly, enough said.

P.S.-I have NOTHING to do with Hitler, and the goat thing is untrue, which in Germany that is grounds for jail time if you mention jokes about future, present, or past political figures.

Dim
I know you have nothing to do with Hitler goofy!!!!...As for the goat thing...How do you know it's not true...I think it could explain alot smile I saw it in The NewYorker...it has to be true wink

UnknownBountyHunter
Explain a lot of what? Anyways, I know its not true because our government is a lot more reliable than the "NewYorker".

Dim
I don't know..maybe his anger and opinions come from feelings of inadequacy?...It's okay...don't get upset....Is this a touchy subject?...

UnknownBountyHunter
Very!

Dim
Okay...forget I ever brought it up...sorry...I know nothing about Germany...that's my offical position. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
That's okay smile Its kind of like insulting South African apartheids.

Dim
Well you can insult me about Southerner's owning slaves, inbreeding, intelligence if you want to...or my accent...whatever you want to...Bill Clinton and cigars...smile

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't get it.

Jedi Mercenary
What's going on??? Why is everyone getting so strangely racist?? And you UBH, What are you thinking?? Your the Moderator!! I like ya UBH, you're a good guy, but what's going on??

Dim
I don't think he or I are thinking anything racist Merc...I should have known better than to bring up anything about Hitler...It's sort snowballed from there. I think I've hurt UBH's feelings...sad

As for the things I said...

Slavery= Southern guilt
inbreeding=...it happens
accent= it's an esteem/intelligence issue
Cigars= embarassing incidents with Monica...

Anyway...SW farmers...What's their problem?

King Jedi
Well I'm Scottish and I can't think of anything you could slate me about. But please don't try, just in case. As for the farmers, do you think that they will be from Tattoine or a more populated planet?

UnknownBountyHunter
Really where did racism come in? We were discussing governments. LOL smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.