Murdered Threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
Has anybody ever experienced their pefectly well done thread doing so well and the someone with a stick up their butts comes along, nagging at how they started a thread similar to yours a while back and the people currently in yours should go to theirs. Here's the catch, ya got to go back a couple hundred pages and find it, oh yeah, and there's the search engine, that works sometimes.

Some are even bold enough to post links to their dead thread in your brand new thriving one.

Then comes along a Mod and they do it..........They merge your thread and that's the last you ever see of it. B/c once it's been merged into that once dead thread, it becomes dead with it.
Annoying, but it happens. What makes one thing that just b/c you merge a thriving thread with an old, wrinkled, shriveled up one that it will continue to do good?

Hardly ever happens.

*Puts Lighter up for all the murdered threads*

It's like throwing a newly learned swimmer into the lake with a drowning victim, you just don't do it. It always ends the same.

*Throws a few $100 bills over the bridge for the murdered threads*

*Jumps in and gets 'em back*

"Momma aint raise no fool".

Is It Comprehensible.....

GCG
Nice day today huh? I went fishing.stick out tongue

Bloigen
*drops sulphuric acid*

DanteMayCry
i agree i like fishing

now that is comprehensible

Itzak
Originally posted by GCG

I went two steps to the left. no expression

Bloigen
Originally posted by GCG

Yeah, I like fishing. Where about's do you go?

GCG
Originally posted by Bloigen
Yeah, I like fishing. Where about's do you go?

Next cliff you see, take a tumble roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bloigen
Originally posted by GCG
Next cliff you see, take a thumble roll eyes (sarcastic)

No.

But I'll take a thimble.

DanteMayCry
man i was fishing before and got fined 300 bux because i didnt purchase a license or verification..

Lana
Wow. Who would have thought it. It says right in the rules that you're not supposed to make duplicate threads.

And on the topic....no. Because whenever I DO start a thread, I always search first.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Lana
Wow. Who would have thought it. It says right in the rules that you're not supposed to make duplicate threads.

And on the topic....no. Because whenever I DO start a thread, I always search first. Doesn't mean I have the like the rule, so I still stand my ground.

is it comprehensible.....

GCG
Back on topic - Fishing !

What bate do you prepare ?

Bloigen
Originally posted by GCG
Back on topic - Fishing !

What bate do you prepare ?

Master.

GCG
Me Too !

The advantage is that it can swim and wriggle !

H. S. 6
Hmm....

DanZeke25
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/DTM921/STFULOL.jpg

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by DanZeke25
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/DTM921/STFULOL.jpg God, I love this Picture of Storm so much.

ILoveMyDaniel
Alright I have a question. Why the hell do you add "it is comprehensible" to EVERY single post you make?

Chedder Fart..1
can i look at some pics?

Captain REX
So, this thread is basically I giant complaint that I should completely overlook?

mysterio69
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Alright I have a question. Why the hell do you add "it is comprehensible" to EVERY single post you make?
hahahaha!!! there's a whole thread on that, sista.

Captain REX
I think he should just put it in his sig so that I don't have to ever look at it again, because it's just stupid and annoying. big grin

GCG
laughing out loud Im laughing at your sig Rex.

Captain REX
*takes a bow*

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Captain REX
So, this thread is basically I giant complaint that I should completely overlook?
it sure would help, see ya

Captain REX
Since you so rudely turned me out of your whining thread, I'll stay, thanks. no expression

Imperial_Samura
I suspect there was a thread like this before, a merger might be on the cards wink

But seriously, if there is already a thread like it, and it's run it's course and faded away, well, then there is no real reason for a new one, it just clutters up the forum, hence the merging, which actually brings the old thread out.

Like the evolution thread (yeah, you know, that one) - long gone and quite, then it's alive again! Good threads never die, they just wait for a new generation.

Captain REX
Indeed.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Captain REX
Since you so rudely turned me out of your whining thread, I'll stay, thanks. no expression Fine with me. No dirt on my shoulder.

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I suspect there was a thread like this before, a merger might be on the cards wink

But seriously, if there is already a thread like it, and it's run it's course and faded away, well, then there is no real reason for a new one, it just clutters up the forum, hence the merging, which actually brings the old thread out.

Like the evolution thread (yeah, you know, that one) - long gone and quite, then it's alive again! Good threads never die, they just wait for a new generation.

yeah, but it still sucks for the new generation thread starter that made the thread that gets merged with the old thread, especially if as soon as it gets merged with the old dead thread, the new thread dies along with it.

Storm
A successful merge free thread requires originality.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Jedi Priestess
I know I'm going to regret this but....he makes a valid point about one thing. I only say this because there was a thread called something like Ctrl-V or something to that effect. Only got about 5-6 pages in and died. NOW I have ZERO Idea wtf that command is. Sorry I dont use the cntrl button for anything other than Cntrl Alt Delete. Sue me. Anyway I made a thread called Paste the Last thing you copied. It took off and pretty much got posted in daily and was doing a good business, I think it had between 40-60 pages. Well the original thread starter threw a fit and got my thread merged into his. Moral of the story? Havent seen that thread since. erm

Mišt
It had a shit name...'Clipboard contents'....who calls it that? Wtf is a clipboard in pc terms?What the f**k?

Originally posted by Storm
A successful merge free thread requires originality.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

See I agree with this ^ but it has to have a good title as well or people forget what its about.

Jedi Priestess
Yeah and I think Raz changed the title to that from the Cntrl thingy. Didnt help much. It should also be noted that before I even made that thread I DID do a search and came up empty. Oh well. que sera sera messed

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I know I'm going to regret this but....he makes a valid point about one thing. I only say this because there was a thread called something like Ctrl-V or something to that effect. Only got about 5-6 pages in and died. NOW I have ZERO Idea wtf that command is. Sorry I dont use the cntrl button for anything other than Cntrl Alt Delete. Sue me. Anyway I made a thread called Paste the Last thing you copied. It took off and pretty much got posted in daily and was doing a good business, I think it had between 40-60 pages. Well the original thread starter threw a fit and got my thread merged into his. Moral of the story? Havent seen that thread since. erm
why would you regert saying I make a valid point?

Whoa! You know what, I forgot all about your thread. Whoo, that did disappear off of the face of this earth didn't it. I didn't even notice it.

Makedde
Originally posted by Lana
And on the topic....no. Because whenever I DO start a thread, I always search first.

Wat if the search doesn't work for you? It hasn't worked for me...

rickyduck
Originally posted by Bloigen
*drops sulphuric acid*

sad

Makedde
I don't like acid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.