JLA Vs. The Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Thought this would be a really cool and interesting fight...

The Defenders roster is :

1. Doctor Strange
2. Silver Surfer
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Namor the Sub-mariner
5. The Valkyrie
6. Damien Hellstrom A.K.A. The Son of Satan
7. Nighthawk
8. Gargoyle

The Justice League roster is :

1. Flash
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. Aquaman
5. Zatanna
6. Green Lantern (Kyle Raynor)
7. Hawkman
8. Green Arrow

No Superman, Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man, or Hawkgirl...they decided to sit this one out!!!! Only the ones listed above...

JOE NUNEZ
it doesnt matter what jla roster you post the defenders win ...........docter strange + silver surfer > does it really matter whos over here.

Sixth_Winged
Is this the current Daimon Hellstorm who rules two planes of hell?

Comicbook_kid
No, the Damien Hellstorm used here is not the current one but the classic one from the original later issues of the Defenders...also, I would like to read up on the current Damien Hellstorm storylines though. Does anyone know where I can get caught up or what issues? I appreciate it. And exactly how much more powerful is the newer version over the older one?

JOE NUNEZ
THE DIFFERENCE IN POWER IS LIKE IF YOU FIGHT A 7 YEAR OLD BOY.

Cosmic Cube
Defenders, every day of the week and twice on weekends.

JOE NUNEZ
DOCTER STRANGE ALONE CAN TAKE OUT A FEW LEAGUERS

JOE NUNEZ
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE BATMAN VS NIGHTHAWK

Marcellus
Surfer and Strange run buck wild over that JLA team, and I almost feel bad for them, but not aquaman.

No, He dosent get my pity.

JOE NUNEZ
Finally the league goes down... evil face evil face evil face evil face

Juntai
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Finally the league goes down... evil face evil face evil face evil face And all it took was a watered down roster against a team with demons, a sorceror supreme and a high cosmic herald.... Hey, who figured.

Either way, it's not quite as lopsided as people are making it. Tactics can bring that league into the fight. Flash taps the speedforce, time stops, shares his speed with the league. Yada yada. There's options. Even a watered down league will give people a run.

leonidas
strange is really the only one they don't have an answer for. gl could handle ss (it's at least a discussion who would win). zatanna just isn't good enough, i don't think, to take strange. flash could be used to make this a fight, but again, dealing with strange would be very tough for any of these guys. you'd need fate on the team.

take out zatanna and replace with fate THEN you'd have a fight. probably still a slight edge to the defenders, but it's much closer.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Juntai
And all it took was a watered down roster against a team with demons, a sorceror supreme and a high cosmic herald.... Hey, who figured.

its not like thats a fabricated Defenders roster or anything.

Juntai
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
its not like thats a fabricated Defenders roster or anything. No, but its a fabricated JL team with a lot of heavy hitters left off of it.
lol.

inamilist
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid

No Superman, Martian Manhunter

lol, could this be spite?

The Ion
Originally posted by inamilist
lol, could this be spite?
No. It's totally in character for Superman and J'onn to sit out and watch fights. He's just going with the flow.

inamilist
Originally posted by The Ion
No. It's totally in character for Superman and J'onn to sit out and watch fights. He's just going with the flow.

oh, well

thats as valid of an explination as i expected

Solidus Snake
actually, i still think the JLA wins

let me tell u why. flash. in the picosecond that the fight starts, flash gives kyle access to teh speedforce by lending him some speed. kyle is the distraction for silver surfer. surfer will punish him, but kyle will distract him long enough for flash to speed blitz dr. strange and put him down for the count.
zatanna then freezes hulk and namor in place just like what she did to despero. hawkman and green arrow are defending her as she looks to cast more spells. wonderwoman launches valkryie and the son of satan into orbit with a punch a piece. aquaman and bats vs gargoyle and nighthawk. no contest.

by now, surfer has defeated kyle and flash has lent his speed to teh rest of the league. zatanna chants off spells in rapid succession. wonder woman, aquaman, and a zatanna replenished kyle raynor lead the assualt. surfer will fare badly at these persons especially since zatanna is amplifying their powers as flash keeps surfer offbalance by trying to drain as much of his speed as possible.
the battle is finally won with surfer going down.

a nice victory would be zatanna enhancing a Gl induced arrow shot from ollie queens bow, by a flash accelerated superstrong wonderwoman

UniOmni
Even with the ones sitting out added in, the JLA still loses. Period... Plasticman would be the last one standing, and he'd eventually be contained.

Sir Whirlysplat
Nah as long as its the Flash with Speedforce and not the present situation the JLA should always win!

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Nah as long as its the Flash with Speedforce and not the present situation the JLA should always win!

a man with sense

Mindship
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
it doesnt matter what jla roster you post the defenders win ...........docter strange + silver surfer > does it really matter whos over here.

ditto

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindship
ditto Nah, if you used a mix of past JLAers and reserves, you could easily get a team to mop them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.