Black and White 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
I got this game on a whim today, but haven't played it yet.

Is it any good?

And if there's a thread on this already, sorry, but the search engine isn't working right now b/c of a overloaded server or something, whatever it said.

Is It Comprehensible.....

MadMel
YES its good. trust me.

powerfulone1987
can you give me any specifics?

is it comprehensible.....

MadMel
ARMIES! giant ARMIES with GIANT creatures that kick ass. plus the usual fireballs, volcanos, earthquakes, all the regular stuff.

powerfulone1987
How would anything be "Usual" or "regular" for me, when I'm asking about information on this game, a game which I've never played before which I stated, nor did I play the first one.

So nothing would be "usual" or "regular" for me, b/c I have no idea what's in this game.

Just wanted to clear that up. But thanks for trying to help.

I see that you emphasized the armies. Does that mean it's mainly a War type game and figthing and stuff like a war strategy type game. B/c I would like it to be more than that. B/c I'm not a fan of those types of games. I knew there was that in here, but I thought there was much more to it than that.

If you do have anymore to elaborate on, would you do so in a manner as to not give anything away please, thanks. But I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I plan on playing it for the first time tonight.

By the way, you know how you can click "Diagnostic" in the menu to see if your computer meets the minimum requirements. Well did your computer meet all of them and did it have any question marks beside any of them? How does it run on your computer? Any problems?

Thanks again.

powerfulone1987
Also, does this game have an end or does it go on indefinitely like, for example let's say, The Sims?

MadMel
my pc met the minimum requirments no prob. urs should too.
oh and it has an end..depends though, coz black and white is the father of the 'good or evil' ending. you do not have to have armies, you can win over the enemy by impressing the enemy villigers. but its kinda funny when you choose amrmies, coz that evil concious guys is hilarious. if you have never played the first heres the highlights (you may know these already)
ur a god, you contol you domain as of the end of the last game. but there is conflict...lots of it. the enemy gods and creatures have turned against you. the jist of it is to get your precious land back, save the poeple from slavery so that you can rule them however you like.
you can choose a creature to help you, out of 4. (lion, wolf, cow, and ape) then you have an assortment of miracles to choose from, and armies, etc
that helps?

powerfulone1987
Yeah, it helps, thanks, plus I just read reviews for the game and information on it.

I didn't realize this was a continue of the last one. I just thought it was another whole seperate Black and White game.

Well, b/c I've been reading the manual and reviews I won't be playing tonight, b/c I need to go to bed, b/c I have to get up early.

Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow.

Thanks again.

By the way, when did you get the game and are you still playing?

MadMel
i got the game december, and ive been playing it a fair heap. its a pretty long game.

powerfulone1987
Ok, so I click to play the game and everything loads and comes up, and so I get to the main screen and everything functions correctly. Then I go to click "New Game" and the screen goes black and it freezes my computer temporarily and it won't play at all. I have to go in my Task Manager and end it that way for it to finally go off my screen and unfreeze my screen.

Any suggestions?

MadMel
return it..if it was from a store. if not, dunno. my copy was *cough* bought on ebay *cough, cough* and it sometimes freezes, but i always save it every so often.

forumcrew
Originally posted by powerfulone1987

By the way, you know how you can click "Diagnostic" in the menu to see if your computer meets the minimum requirements. Well did your computer meet all of them and did it have any question marks beside any of them? How does it run on your computer? Any problems?

Thanks again.

Ok, so I click to play the game and everything loads and comes up, and so I get to the main screen and everything functions correctly. Then I go to click "New Game" and the screen goes black and it freezes my computer temporarily and it won't play at all. I have to go in my Task Manager and end it that way for it to finally go off my screen and unfreeze my screen.

Any suggestions?

what are you computer specs, mainly cpu, gpu, memory

powerfulone1987
it said that I met minimum system requirements except for Processor.
It had a "X".

Even though, when I check my Processor it's 1.6 GHz or whatever it is. It says the same thing as what's on the box of the game so i don't see why the game would say it doesn't meet the requirement.

Could another game deplete the Processor thing and lower it so it doesn't meet with another games requirements?

MadMel
ok double comprehensibles there confused
i dont think it should. unless ur running a lot of them at the same time.
apart from that...just get the patch from here
http://www.lionhead.com/bw2/news/255

powerfulone1987
thanks, i'll try tomorrow.

But I need the first patches before I can use that patch.

MadMel
oh sorry. you can find the first one there too....somewhere.

forumcrew
it said that I met minimum system requirements except for Processor.
It had a "X".

Even though, when I check my Processor it's 1.6 GHz or whatever it is. It says the same thing as what's on the box of the game so i don't see why the game would say it doesn't meet the requirement.

Could another game deplete the Processor thing and lower it so it doesn't meet with another games requirements?

i know what you said, i asked what you had so i could better judge it. I take it you dont know whats in the computer from your response. the CPU is hardware, another game can not delete it, because youd had to physically remove it. Next time you ask for help, and someone asks for info to try to help, just try to find it and not be a smart ass.

MadMel
i didnt ask for info...i gave him a bloody patch mad! they smoothed down 80% of my problems, so it should do a hell of a lot to your's powerfulone.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by forumcrew
i know what you said, i asked what you had so i could better judge it. I take it you dont know whats in the computer from your response. the CPU is hardware, another game can not delete it, because youd had to physically remove it. Next time you ask for help, and someone asks for info to try to help, just try to find it and not be a smart ass. please tell me how I'm being a smart ass.

god. I'm trying to better explain exactly what the game said BECAUSE I HADN'T STATED IN DETAIL WHAT IT HAD SAID.

Please don't come in here jumping on people and taking offense to something that isn't offensive at all. I really have no idea what you are talking about.

and if you're referring to the double "is it comprehensible"'s, that was typed twice by accident, but I don't see how that would be offensive anyway.

MadMel
"try those patches yo"

powerfulone1987
"I will........................."you""

MadMel
lol... i said yo and i meant yo. not you. tell me if it helps

powerfulone1987
yeah, I meant to put "yo" in quotation marks, and typed "you" by accident.

MadMel
ah...nm then.

jk5000
the games alright nothing special... the creatures dont get quite as big as the original... my fully grown ape isnt that big

powerfulone1987
what do you mean as the "original".

I won't be playing this game, b/c for some reason it just won't get past the Menu Screen. I've talked to someone about this and there's nothing I can do, b/c my Laptop doesn't have upgrades. Sucks for me.

I'll just have to get a Laptop Specifically for gaming in the future.
One that can be upgraded and modified.

MadMel
ya i noticed that...my wolfs small compared to the original...which is the first game BTW powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.