Cable sucks....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King KAM
I know im not the only one who hated it when this goddamn punk was force feed to us in the 90's i think he is a horrible character who needs to be forgotten...or atleast put in a position where he isnt being so damn worthless....who agrees?

thesilverspider
He's far from worthless it's just that there's already to many motherfuc'kers from the future.Like What the fuc'k how many timelines are there........wacko

LordKaos
the amount of timelines are infinite; making Cable the lost son of Scott and Maddie gave him substance, before he was just a gun carrying cyborg who may or may not have been Cannonball of the future.

Lucid Lui
KAM, are you just pissed about the recent Cable/Deadpool making Cable look better than Cap? stick out tongue

smile j/k

I like Cable. I never really liked him before, but since Cable & Deadpool he's grown on me alot. He's a mich better character now. I dunno why some people want him to go back to how he was in the 90's. He was dull as hell back then. He's actually interesting now.

willRules
I didn't like Cable before Cable and Deadpool but now I think he is ok.........not great just ok...................

nathan summers
I'll be the first to admit that during his first appearances, during the mid 80's, Cable was a lack luster character. He had little to no personality and was ultimately a dull character. Under Liefeld's hand Cable was single handedly the most boring, unprovocative Marvel character I've ever read. Then -- I got hold of him during the Cable one shot vol.1 issues #1 & 2 ( Six Pack! ) as well as X-Cutioners Song. It changed my view of the character. He was precise, tactile and cunning. They'd made him to be more than just a cyborg carrying around big guns. He had become complex, mysterious and actually a decent read. Reading X-Cutioners Song made all the difference between me hating Cable and having gotten everything that involves him. Give the book a read before you judge.

id369
I Like cable, I think thier should be a respect thread for him.
Also being Meta human + Physic + Military training = badass Mofo.

ScarletSpider
I think Nicieza's done some great stuff with him. I didn't like him at all before Cable and Deadpool, now I do. He's a manipulative son of a *****, but at the same time one can also sympathize with him because he's been through so much.

The Ion
Count me in with the Cable and Deadpool fans. I think he's evolved well beyond his Liefeld roots.

wuTa
i'm not a big fan of cable myself, but i would'nt bash him either, there are alot more annoying charactors who are force fed to us than him

King KAM
I think that cable and deapools, series is garbage though....Marvel has soo many better ones.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by wuTa
i'm not a big fan of cable myself, but i would'nt bash him either, there are alot more annoying charactors who are force fed to us than him E.g. Gambit or Bishop...

King KAM
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
E.g. Gambit or Bishop... i agree on them too....bt that makes cable no better....they should all die.

MadMadTitan
Originally posted by nathan summers
I'll be the first to admit that during his first appearances, during the mid 80's, Cable was a lack luster character. He had little to no personality and was ultimately a dull character. Under Liefeld's hand Cable was single handedly the most boring, unprovocative Marvel character I've ever read. Then -- I got hold of him during the Cable one shot vol.1 issues #1 & 2 ( Six Pack! ) as well as X-Cutioners Song. It changed my view of the character. He was precise, tactile and cunning. They'd made him to be more than just a cyborg carrying around big guns. He had become complex, mysterious and actually a decent read. Reading X-Cutioners Song made all the difference between me hating Cable and having gotten everything that involves him. Give the book a read before you judge.

I got the book, but havent finished. The reason I bought it b/c of Apocalypse!! big grin But Apocalypse didnt fight much in that series....

nathan summers
Read on, read on. wink

Mainstream
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think Nicieza's done some great stuff with him. I didn't like him at all before Cable and Deadpool, now I do. He's a manipulative son of a *****, but at the same time one can also sympathize with him because he's been through so much.

me too.

nathan summers
Nicieza wrote Cable back in the day, btw. He started off his first series. And did a helluva job back then as well. I also liked Jeph Loeb's version of Cable along with Ian Churchill.

Mainstream
Cable as Soilder X was cool too.

wuTa
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
E.g. Gambit or Bishop...

gambit is a pimp, wolverine on the other is hand is a big annoying force fed charactor

nathan summers
Originally posted by Mainstream
Cable as Soilder X was cool too.

The writing I liked but the art -- was horrible. Igor Kordey reminds me of Frank Quietly. Their art looks like a turd floating in the toilet..

FG725
personally i have liked Cable for sometime now i liked him a bit in the X-force because he was really violent and wasn't merciful but we already had Venom by then and punisher so it wasn't really that great he was still kinda cool though. I didnt read much of him besides X-force and X-cutioners song series and then Cable and Deadpool came out and i like him alot more now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.