Favorite/worst "Ultimate" twist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
Some of the twists on the origins of Marvel's "ultimate" characters suck, some are pretty cool. Which character twist did you like the most and which do you hate?

Doc Ock
I absolutely hate Ultimate Carnage.

Ultimate Ock is my fav big grin

Knightfall93
Is ultimate Carnage that weird thingummy that doesnt even have a host? Jesus, that was terrible...

But Ultimate Green Goblin wins the worst thing in Ult!

Sparkz
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Is ultimate Carnage that weird thingummy that doesnt even have a host? Jesus, that was terrible...

But Ultimate Green Goblin wins the worst thing in Ult!

I liked ult GG, at least in the ult 6 story line he was pretty cool then, before he was either s tupid monster or an insane idiot on drugs.

Knightfall93
Drugs... that is crap!

Sparkz
Drugs... that is crap!

well ok it was the oz formula and he did seem addicted, but they werent real drugs.

Knightfall93
Dammit

Knightfall93
So if Pete was just freleased to bare radiation he'd be Goblin Man???

Sparkz
So if Pete was just freleased to bare radiation he'd be Goblin Man???

If by radiation you mean the oz forumla then yes, thats how osborn worked it out that it would give him the enhanced abilties of himself, so it may effect dif people differntly, like it made harry golden instead of green lol

Knightfall93
So Pete might become a worm? I mean, he's a nerd so...

Sparkz
So Pete might become a worm? I mean, he's a nerd so...

Well either that or a bigger emokid, whiney *****

Knightfall93
Maybe he'd become...

... a vulkan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then he could go out on the ton and get pissed with Namor and spock...

Spideys Sister
Are we making up our own here? If so.... If Spidey got Shadow Cat Pregnant.

Shadow Spider
Theyd probably be called Spider Cat.....that would be really weird

Spideys Sister
laughing out loud

Sparkz
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Are we making up our own here? If so.... If Spidey got Shadow Cat Pregnant.

No we were just saying what would Peter mutate into if the spider was taken away and he was injected only with the oz formula

Spideys Sister
Another GG !!! laughing out loud

Drache53
Possibly.. It makes you wonder if someone would ger super rabbit powers if they had been bitten by one of those rabbits pumped with the Oz formula. wacko

P.S. (The rabbits were in the first issue.)

Dark-Kenshin
Anything involving Spiderman getting unmasked, which happens in every storyline.

MuffinmanMike
Favorite: Ult. Carnage

Hated: Ult. Goblins.

Actually according to the previews for the upcoming arc, they DO take a "big step" in their relationship.

My guess is by "big step" he means "They get it on."

nate100
Originally posted by Drache53
Possibly.. It makes you wonder if someone would ger super rabbit powers if they had been bitten by one of those rabbits pumped with the Oz formula. wacko

P.S. (The rabbits were in the first issue.)

That did happen. Well, kinda anyway.

Back in the 80's early 90's when Todd Mcfarlane was doing the art i remember an issue when Peter gets offered a cushy scientist job but outside of New York. He goes to check it out just in case he decides to take it and meets a black construction worker that was bitten by an irradiated rabbit. He had super powerfull legs and could run so fast that he was a blur. He also had a sense similar to spideys spider sense but it was called something like "natural instinct sense" that he had picked up from the rabbit.

The guy was really embarassed by it and didnt want to be a hero. I think it was done as a it could have gone two ways for Peter story line. He could have been granted these spider powers and chosen to do nothing with them and be embarrased or he could have choosen to be the super hero we know him to be.

Back to the point thou........... Ultimate Carnage was pretty weak.

Drache53
Ah, thank you for enlightening me.

nate100
My pleasure. ninja

Dark-Kenshin
A nerd like Parker getting it on? No way. Then again, Bendis has a tendency to get his personality wrong, so you might be right?

Let just hope that he actually has a good villain toss her off the bridge, to cover up his error of having him and kitty get it on. The Ultimate GG is just too stupid for that role.

samishe
ult GG an ult Venom suck.
How the hell alien symbiot became a cancer cure. Worst idea ever.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Favorite: Ult. Carnage

Hated: Ult. Goblins.

Actually according to the previews for the upcoming arc, they DO take a "big step" in their relationship.

My guess is by "big step" he means "They get it on." WHOA!!! Holy S***!

Doc Ock
Originally posted by samishe
ult GG an ult Venom suck.
How the hell alien symbiot became a cancer cure. Worst idea ever.

Alot of people feel that way.

They either love or hate Ult GG and Venom.There doesn't seem to be an in between with many people.

Mainstream
skin head Electro is pretty cool

yeah the ult. vemon angle wasn't as good though.

Doc Ock
I think the fact Brock wasn't older,and was a friend of Peter's from childhood bugged alot of people.

Drache53
I, myself, liked the Venom arc. That's me. And the change from an alien from a suit that Pete and Brock's father created was, in my opinion, and interesting change because Peter somehow feels repsonsible for the suit going crazy.

Doc Ock
He felt that in 616 too,because he wore the suit first.

Drache53
Ah, you're right. So it's kinda the same thing, but it's a 'cure for cancer' so to speak with AI that somehow is symbiotic (or parasitic, whichever the case may be).

Mr Parker
Hey Atharpina,check your PM box.I know you seldom ever view your pm's as you told me so I had to remind you to look at it.

Kontraz
i really enjoyed the ult venom arc. It was a bit of a let down the first time a read it, but it was really great when i went back for a second go at it. I actually like the suit being a man-made creation rather than an alien. In ult spidey, it seems like all his villians are technology themed, and I like that its sticking to that theme. To bring in an alien for him to battle would just be too out of place IMHO. I only wish they would have turned the game into an actual comic arc (it is part of the series, Bendis claims, so everything that happens still applies...) and thought it did a good job really expanding the venom arc and filling the gaps of satisfaction that the comic orginally left out.

Drache53
I agree, it seems as though Bendis is going for the 'Technology is BAD' motif. Either that or the 'Technology in the hand of power-hungry maniacs is BAD' motif. Either way.

Spideys Sister
USM the Game was a little bit of an apoligie to all Venom fans he ticked of. He almost completely redemed himself I would say.

Kontraz
I wouldn't say that... I really liked the venom story by itself, especially since you knew eddie wasn't dead, so something more was coming... it was a great round 1

samishe
Ult Spiderm game was a bullsh!t compareing to sm2.
If not Venom this game wouldn't have been even worth of buying.

Spideys Sister
If not Venom this game wouldn't have been even worth of buying. laughing out loud No. Not even if you couldn't BE venom it wouldn't be worth buying. Especially after Spidey ran out of story modes.Originally posted by Kontraz
I wouldn't say that... I really liked the venom story by itself, especially since you knew eddie wasn't dead, so something more was coming... it was a great round 1 I enjoyed finding out Venom was alive to but I'm speaking genereal terms. Overall it was a good game. Especcially with the Peter= Carnage leval. Best Twist EVER!

Drache53
If not Venom this game wouldn't have been even worth of buying.

I really do wish people would stop comparing the USM game to SM-2.. Yes, we know it's not as good as Spider-Man 2! We all know the web-slinging system was not as hard. WE KNOW!! Judge it as a stand alone game, don't compare it to it's predecessors..

samishe
I really do wish people would stop comparing the USM game to SM-2.. Yes, we know it's not as good as Spider-Man 2! We all know the web-slinging system was not as hard. WE KNOW!! Judge it as a stand alone game, don't compare it to it's predecessors..

What do you mean don't compare?
We got sequel that is a bullsh!t compareing to original.
What would you say if MGS3 was worse than second. Thats a crime!

Activision wanted to make easy money, thats Low!
And usm is not only bullsh!t compareing to sm2, it's just a bad game.

Drache53
USM wasn't a sequel to SM2. That's what SM3 will be. It was a Spider-Man game, yes, but it had absolutely nothing to do with SM2. MGS3 is pretty much a sequel (prequel if you wanna get technical) so yes, I could compare it to MGS2 (which yes, it was WAY better). But like I said, USM was a stand-alone game that had nothing to do with SM2. So no, it is not a sequel and should stop being compared to SM2. It might've used the same game-engine, and maybe even similar character models, but so does EVERY platforming game ever made. Comparing USM to SM2 is like comparing Madden '07 to NFL 2k5 and saying that Madden is a horrible sequel to 2k5.. (Mind you I hate sports games, but that's the best I can do..) Do you see what I'm getting at?

samishe
USM wasn't a sequel to SM2. That's what SM3 will be. It was a Spider-Man game, yes, but it had absolutely nothing to do with SM2. MGS3 is pretty much a sequel (prequel if you wanna get technical) so yes, I could compare it to MGS2 (which yes, it was WAY better). But like I said, USM was a stand-alone game that had nothing to do with SM2. So no, it is not a sequel and should stop being compared to SM2. It might've used the same game-engine, and maybe even similar character models, but so does EVERY platforming game ever made. Comparing USM to SM2 is like comparing Madden '07 to NFL 2k5 and saying that Madden is a horrible sequel to 2k5.. (Mind you I hate sports games, but that's the best I can do..) Do you see what I'm getting at?

I got your point but usm not only used the same game-engine and similar character models. This game was also made by activision. And everyone who bought this game was expecting superior version of SM2. And activision new it and used it. They only wanted to make easy money.

Drache53
lol I wasn't expecting something better than SM2. I was expecting a fun USM game. There's not many (if any) Spidey games that can compare to SM2.

Paola
is this still about Ultimate?

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
laughing out loud No. Not even if you couldn't BE venom it wouldn't be worth buying. Especially after Spidey ran out of story modes. I enjoyed finding out Venom was alive to but I'm speaking genereal terms. Overall it was a good game. Especcially with the Peter= Carnage leval. Best Twist EVER! Oh thanks for the great big spoiler... and people compare USM and SM2 because USM is a rip off of SM2 but Spidey 2 whupped its sorry ass... Spidermanb 2 owns all hero games thus far... except maybe X Men KLegends 2 but Legends 1 is cr ap... way too hard!

carnageandvenom
yah i don't really like much of the ultimate twists like shocker they totally ruined him and carnage to horrible same with the goblins and just about every other ultimate villain i didn't like but hey i still liked the game lol i personally wasn't a huge fan of sm2 it was too short i liked usm better

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by carnageandvenom
yah i don't really like much of the ultimate twists like shocker they totally ruined him and carnage to horrible same with the goblins and just about every other ultimate villain i didn't like but hey i still liked the game lol i personally wasn't a huge fan of sm2 it was too short i liked usm better SHOCKER SUCKED in USM. I'm sorry but Herman's an old man with vibrating blasters. SNORE!Originally posted by Drache53
USM wasn't a sequel to SM2. That's what SM3 will be. It was a Spider-Man game, yes, but it had absolutely nothing to do with SM2. MGS3 is pretty much a sequel (prequel if you wanna get technical) so yes, I could compare it to MGS2 (which yes, it was WAY better). But like I said, USM was a stand-alone game that had nothing to do with SM2. So no, it is not a sequel and should stop being compared to SM2. It might've used the same game-engine, and maybe even similar character models, but so does EVERY platforming game ever made. Comparing USM to SM2 is like comparing Madden '07 to NFL 2k5 and saying that Madden is a horrible sequel to 2k5.. (Mind you I hate sports games, but that's the best I can do..) Do you see what I'm getting at? But you are forgetting one thing....most of USM is made of of complaints about SM2, like the city was nice....GTA nice, but still too small, the fighting was a little too hard, with all the memorizing to get the move you wanted, and basicly...not enough bad guys...and in SM2 when you fell in the water in Central Park, what happens? It resets, but in USM Spidey can walk just fine through Central Park lakes. There are other things but apparently I've already killed the game for ppl like Knightfall

MuffinmanMike
What do you mean don't compare?
We got sequel that is a bullsh!t compareing to original.
What would you say if MGS3 was worse than second. Thats a crime!

Activision wanted to make easy money, thats Low!
And usm is not only bullsh!t compareing to sm2, it's just a bad game.
No it's like if Castlevania came out and you compared it to MGS3.

Just because they're both the same company(in the USM/SM2 case, same character) doesn't mean they're the same game.

Knightfall93
But USM is a rip off of SM2 which didnt work. and how can you say SM2 was short and compare it to USM, which was SHORTER!

Scarecrow756
Favourite: Ultimate Doc Ock.
Worst: Ultimate Green Goblin.

Knightfall93
What's Ult Doc Ock like?

Scarecrow756
Quite good, he is one of Norman Osborn top scientists and when the accident happens I think his arms get fused to his spine. And he blames Norman for his mechianl arms. I haven`t read much of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Knightfall93
Nor have I, I VERY occasionally get Ult SM/ X Men but I prefer my 616, though have yiu seen the latest Essential X Men? A future story and a crap Storm solo tale... not my cup of tea!Avengers looks like it should be good with Lionhaert of Avalon and Astonishing Spider-Man's always great! hich comics do you colect? I getall UK CE's except for Wovie and Deadpool, because though DP rules, the Logna solos look BS

Spideys Sister
But USM is a rip off of SM2 which didnt work. and how can you say SM2 was short and compare it to USM, which was SHORTER! True. SM2 took me 3 months cause I couldn't figure out part of the Mysterio leval. Stat of Liberty. USM was for new players of Spiderman. Was still totally worth it. On average all the kids in my school who played it finished the game in 3 days.Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Quite good, he is one of Norman Osborn top scientists and when the accident happens I think his arms get fused to his spine. And he blames Norman for his mechianl arms. I haven`t read much of Ultimate Spider-Man. Yeah then S.H.I.E.L.D. seperated him from his arm which he used for his advantage twice. a) in Ultimate six and b) in Holly wood. Both good.

MuffinmanMike
But USM is a rip off of SM2 which didnt work. and how can you say SM2 was short and compare it to USM, which was SHORTER!

It's NOT a RIP OFF...

Ugh, nevermind. It's like arguing with a brick wall. Only stupider.

Spideys Sister
BURN!!! laughing

carnageandvenom
okay i like sm2 fighting better but there was not ebough villians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.