Superman Prime runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
1)Thanos
2)Odin
3)Rune King Thor
4)Uatu
5)Arishem
6)Tyrant, full power
7)Galactus, full power
8)Eternity
9)Hunger (The Rot)
10)Captian America

grey fox
Anyone other then me wondering why the hell cap is at 10# ?

Rewmac
Originally posted by grey fox
Anyone other then me wondering why the hell cap is at 10# ? I don't know. Even Clark Kent year 6 or max 10 could beat him.

Black Adam

Because that A don't stand for (IS SHOT)..........

Darth_Erebus

I put him there as a joke. Prime won't make it anywhere close to 10 anyway so Cap is safe.

grey fox
Well , if were going by hype then he does indeed . Reality warping , 1000 year sun dip , last green lantenr ring.... he preety much has all the bases covered.

Darth_Erebus
Well , if were going by hype then he does indeed . Reality warping , 1000 year sun dip , last green lantenr ring.... he preety much has all the bases covered.

What good is that stuff against someone who can alter any matter at will? Who can cross dimensions at will and can destroy the entire Universe? I'm talking about Full Powered Galactus. Seriously, I doubt prime gets past 2 or 3 on the list.

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
What good is that stuff against someone who can alter any matter at will? Who can cross dimensions at will and can destroy the entire Universe? I'm talking about Full Powered Galactus. Seriously, I doubt prime gets past 2 or 3 on the list.

The ring can alter matter, the ring can pretty much do anything .... , also supes prime supposedly has 'the sword of superman' which puts him on equal basis with god. Their-fore he erases galactus from existence.

Sir Whirlysplat
The ring can alter matter, the ring can pretty much do anything .... , also supes prime supposedly has 'the sword of superman' which puts him on equal basis with god. Their-fore he erases galactus from existence.

He has the sword - Game over!!!!!

Darth_Erebus

"On equal basis with god"? That's pushing it for sure. It would fail to erase Galactus just like Darkseids Omega beams did nothing to Galactus. Prime probably goes down against RKT and never even makes it to Galactus.

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
"On equal basis with god"? That's pushing it for sure. It would fail to erase Galactus just like Darkseids Omega beams did nothing to Galactus. Prime probably goes down against RKT and never even makes it to Galactus.

No , your quite , quite wrong their. This sword makes him equal to Toaa .

x_danny_x
Superman Prime will go through all and kills Captain American, takes his suit and rearrange it to his since it has all the same colors.

GalacticStorm

And how powerful would that be? All we know of TOAA is its LTs boss and a power beyond the IG. TOAA has never been stated or shown to be Marvels supreme being.

Regardless this is all speculation. The connection between Superman Prime and the sword is vague at best. He doesnt conclusively possess it right? confused

On top of that his biggest on panel feat is nothing Galactus couldnt do. Thats all we have to go by. Hes a pointless character to feature in a versus match up.

Darth_Erebus

Oh bull, it does not. One is a Marvel character and the other is a DC character. There's never been a crossover to prove that.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
He has the sword - Game over!!!!!

I hate that f**king sword wink

UniOmni
Specially since he doesn't have it............... Only Precrisis had it. Liars

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by UniOmni

smile

Sir Whirlysplat

Nope he has it, its in the hall of artifacts in 1Million check it out, The sword is there and Morrison refers to it in the note of the original 100000. wink

UniOmni
Then that story is officially stupid!!! I saw the tpb at borders, but didn't notice it. If it was in the JLA 1Million hall of artifacts, then the whole premise of the book is glaringly stupid. Why didn't Superman 1Million wield it against Solaris?? For that matter, why didn't Prime use it to resurrect all the heroes killed by said villain over the years?? This is the book you people love to throw around?? A several issue blowjob to the Superman dynasty?? Now thats its been revealed to me that the sword was in their possession, that book is officially graded retarded. Period. The writers are idiots, and i could do better with a pen. No bs. Never mention that books name or characters again. The plot hole is that wide and stupid. Superman fans/fanboys.......Ya'll lost this time. True Story.

And for the record, all you who put Prime above nearly all other characters, look at his "feats" and then compare them to Precrisis Darkseid. Who still comes up higher?? Think on that one and see what you reveal. So, for the record Prime >>>> Not all

GalacticStorm
Nope he has it, its in the hall of artifacts in 1Million check it out, The sword is there and Morrison refers to it in the note of the original 100000. wink

So did Superman Prime actually use it in his few appearances? Was it apart of his standard equipment in the same mould as Caps shield or Thors uru mallet? confused

On top of that how was the pictured sword referred to? Is it actually stated to be the very same sword as the one of old or is that merely suggested? A scan would help.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
So did Superman Prime actually use it in his few appearances? Was it apart of his standard equipment in the same mould as Caps shield or Thors uru mallet? confused

On top of that how was the pictured sword referred to? Is it actually stated to be the very same sword as the one of old or is that merely suggested? A scan would help.

Don't have a scan taken from a post by Leo you can check against, I did because I thought the same as you.

from the annotations of the DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT #1:

Items in the green display case left-to right: Blue Beetle's bug gadgets; a Starman Gravity Rod; Prometheus's helmet above a Parademon helmet; the now ubiquitous Professor Kirby's Dots; the Sword of Superman (refereed to in the text, from SUPERMAN (first series) ANNUAL #10); a Green Lantern power battery (possibly Alan Scott's); an unknown book (possible the Necronomicon); the Lord of Time's Anti-Hourglass (as mentioned by Superman M*); a small item between the Hourglass and the next item - just visible this is Professor Fortune's Badluck generator (see 69.1); and an unknown piece of technology.

on panel it is never stated that the sword is the sword of superman, but in the notes Morrison DOES refer to it as such.

Morrison also refers to it as such in a couple of interviews. Why Supes doesn't use it may be tied to the fact he struggled to put it down pre - crisis. Such power was not meant for men even Supermen - not yet wink, he stated.

Glad I could help.

UniOmni
Thats still outrageously stupid. The reason he threw it away was because he wasn't ready for such power. After 15,000 years, still not ready ehh?? Plus, it contradicts Vertigo consistently. Lucifer is the chosen successor to the Presence. And we all know DCU and Vertigo share the same Crown beings

Sir Whirlysplat
Thats still outrageously stupid. The reason he threw it away was because he wasn't ready for such power. After 15,000 years, still not ready ehh?? Plus, it contradicts Vertigo consistently. Lucifer is the chosen successor to the Presence. And we all know DCU and Vertigo share the same Crown beings

Verigo are probably less part of mainstream DC than 1 Million it's Canon he has it doesn't matter if we like it or not.

GalacticStorm
Don't have a scan taken from a post by Leo you can check against, I did because I thought the same as you.

from the annotations of the DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT #1:

Items in the green display case left-to right: Blue Beetle's bug gadgets; a Starman Gravity Rod; Prometheus's helmet above a Parademon helmet; the now ubiquitous Professor Kirby's Dots; the Sword of Superman (refereed to in the text, from SUPERMAN (first series) ANNUAL #10); a Green Lantern power battery (possibly Alan Scott's); an unknown book (possible the Necronomicon); the Lord of Time's Anti-Hourglass (as mentioned by Superman M*); a small item between the Hourglass and the next item - just visible this is Professor Fortune's Badluck generator (see 69.1); and an unknown piece of technology.

on panel it is never stated that the sword is the sword of superman, but in the notes Morrison DOES refer to it as such.

Morrison also refers to it as such in a couple of interviews. Why Supes doesn't use it may be tied to the fact he struggled to put it down pre - crisis. Such power was not meant for men even Supermen - not yet wink, he stated.

Glad I could help.

Im assuming the display case is full of Supes' belongings right?

So Superman Prime has never ever used the Sword of Superman himself? Thats all i needed hear.

Thank you much!! wink

Sir Whirlysplat
Im assuming the display case is full of Supes' belongings right?

So Superman Prime has never ever used the Sword of Superman himself? Thats all i needed hear.

Thank you much!! wink

Superman has because the events of Precrisis were merged during Crisis hence he has the sword. It's confusing for youngsters who weren't around at the time and read crisis in isolation witout the tie ins.

GalacticStorm
Superman has because the events of Precrisis were merged during Crisis hence he has the sword. It's confusing for youngsters who weren't around at the time and read crisis in isolation witout the tie ins.

I thought some histories and events were re-written? confused Not all the events were left intact after the merge.

Sir Whirlysplat
I thought some histories and events were re-written? confused Not all the events were left intact after the merge.

Exactly but the fact he has it and its referenced means it's one of the ones that at least superficially still exist - capiche, thats how referencing in DCU works for Pre crisis. The fact it's referenced means at least some part of it i.e. the sword and Superman using it is still canon. Confusing but thats Pre and Post Crisis sadly.

GalacticStorm
Exactly but the fact he has it and its referenced means it's one of the ones that at least superficially still exist - capiche, thats how referencing in DCU works for Pre crisis. The fact it's referenced means at least some part of it i.e. the sword and Superman using it is still canon. Confusing but thats Pre and Post Crisis sadly.

Hmmm interesting. wink

So what did he do with the sword when he used it back in the Pre C days and how did he get it in the first place?

Avalonofthewind
Then that story is officially stupid!!! I saw the tpb at borders, but didn't notice it. If it was in the JLA 1Million hall of artifacts, then the whole premise of the book is glaringly stupid. Why didn't Superman 1Million wield it against Solaris?? For that matter, why didn't Prime use it to resurrect all the heroes killed by said villain over the years?? This is the book you people love to throw around?? A several issue blowjob to the Superman dynasty?? Now thats its been revealed to me that the sword was in their possession, that book is officially graded retarded. Period. The writers are idiots, and i could do better with a pen. No bs. Never mention that books name or characters again. The plot hole is that wide and stupid. Superman fans/fanboys.......Ya'll lost this time. True Story.

And for the record, all you who put Prime above nearly all other characters, look at his "feats" and then compare them to Precrisis Darkseid. Who still comes up higher?? Think on that one and see what you reveal. So, for the record Prime >>>> Not all

Wow, such anger in your post. Relax a bit.

Personally, I have a lot of the 1M series and I've NEVER seen the Sword of Superman in the book. Now there IS a sword from heaven shown quite clearly, but it belongs to Zauriel, not Superman, and like a GL ring it works on will and can cut through anything (even non-material beings.)

It's extremely powerful, but hardly a reality changer.

Sir Whirlysplat
It came to pass that, in the course of a great battle for Truth and Justice, man and sword finally came together. For the first time the sword allowed itself to be grasped by the hand of a man. Holding it, Superman found himself expanding, spreading across the winds of the universe, the whole history of creation flooding his mind. His consciousness expanded, he was becoming an all-seeing, all knowing Protector. Then he let it go.

"You have done well, my son. You have earned your name. Your future is yours to make. Your greatness among living things is assured." This message was left in his head.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Wow, such anger in your post. Relax a bit.

Personally, I have a lot of the 1M series and I've NEVER seen the Sword of Superman in the book. Now there IS a sword from heaven shown quite clearly, but it belongs to Zauriel, not Superman, and like a GL ring it works on will and can cut through anything (even non-material beings.)

It's extremely powerful, but hardly a reality changer.

It's clearly in the cabinet, I went and checked after Leos post.

Avalonofthewind
It came to pass that, in the course of a great battle for Truth and Justice, man and sword finally came together. For the first time the sword allowed itself to be grasped by the hand of a man. Holding it, Superman found himself expanding, spreading across the winds of the universe, the whole history of creation flooding his mind. His consciousness expanded, he was becoming an all-seeing, all knowing Protector. Then he let it go.

"You have done well, my son. You have earned your name. Your future is yours to make. Your greatness among living things is assured." This message was left in his head.

Which page/book? If I can find it, I'll gladly provide a scan for it.
That should clear up a lot of this sword mess...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Which page/book? If I can find it, I'll gladly provide a scan for it.
That should clear up a lot of this sword mess...

I'll dig it back out again tmz and tell you.

Mordum
I have the 1 million series so anyone needs scans from a book just give a ring to the main man himself......me. smile

GalacticStorm

That was a nice quote wink Where did all this talk about shaping reality and being just as powerful as DC 's supreme being come from then? Is that unfounded?

Sir Whirlysplat
That was a nice quote wink Where did all this talk about shaping reality and being just as powerful as DC 's supreme being come from then? Is that unfounded?

Nope he felt himself becoming the supreme being being able to control everything. He then throws it away to retrieve it later, which he obviously does as it's in the cabinet. He is told by the voice of the prescence the wielder becomes the supreme being. He doesn't want that at this stage. With it he beats all.

spideycarnage
good guantlet

spideycarnage
Originally posted by x_danny_x
Superman Prime will go through all and kills Captain American, takes his suit and rearrange it to his since it has all the same colors.
in ur dreams, he'll never scratch a full power Galactus,and Tyrant..He goes down to RKT.

GalacticStorm
Nope he felt himself becoming the supreme being being able to control everything. He then throws it away to retrieve it later, which he obviously does as it's in the cabinet. He is told by the voice of the prescence the wielder becomes the supreme being. He doesn't want that at this stage. With it he beats all.

Before i get hold of that issue in minutes lets just clarify. No speculation or extrapolation is it actually stated that he either became or levelled with the supreme being when wielding the sword or just that his senses expanded and he could control everything?

Is it stated that the voice belongs to DC's supreme being or is that an assumption?

leonidas
it depends on how powerful you feel solaris was. we can infer from what he'd done that he was . . . pretty damn powerful, killing hundreds of supermen with imp-esque abilities. supes 1000000 was able to PUNCH (while weakened) through time! and he was less than nothing to solaris. i happen to believe solaris was MASSIVELY powerful, so the fact that prime crushed him effortlessly speaks to me of prime's VERY high level of power.

but . . . any true gauge of his power is hypothetical. funny enough, so is full power galactus! one hypothetical power v another. could prime destroy the universe? i don't know, but probably not. however he DID have many powers we were never privvy to so one could speculate that it's possible.

if he had the sword he would easily wipe out this gaunlet. oh, and btw, i'm almost positive that morrison put the sword in the case for no other reason than to piss off the geeks in these forums!

laughing

leonidas
Before i get hold of that issue in minutes lets just clarify. No speculation or extrapolation is it actually stated that he either became or levelled with the supreme being when wielding the sword or just that his senses expanded and he could control everything?

Is it stated that the voice belongs to DC's supreme being or is that an assumption?

i got the issue, but feel free to dig it up. i can't recall the exact words that were uttered. haven't looked at it in a long while . . .

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
i got the issue, but feel free to dig it up. i can't recall the exact words that were uttered. haven't looked at it in a long while . . .

Could you tell me the full title and issue number please? big grin

GalacticStorm

I couldnt find anything like that stated. Thats all assumption, extrapolation based on whats actually there. The sword expanded his senses he became omniscient but far from on a par with Dcs supreme being and its not stated that the voice was the Presences. Come on i thought JLAKMC was all about putting an end to this type of thing. sad

Mider
galactic storm how did Apocalypse do in blood of apocalypse i think prime cant get through this gauntlet not very far anyway.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mider
galactic storm how did Apocalypse do in blood of apocalypse i think prime cant get through this gauntlet not very far anyway.

He wasnt really in the issue at all, nothing really happened in the issue it was just a scene setter. At the end Apocalypses modern day (well Victorian cos thats when its set) descendants wake him up to save mutantkind from Dracula and his minions. There was a flashback however at the beginning where War takes out Vlad(pre Dracula) on the battlefield. Buy it if youre an apocalypse fan. If youre just mildly interested in the character then going just by the first issue i cant recommend the series yet.

Mider
nah im interested in good showings not this jobbocaypse they have been shoving down peoples throats wanna see the apocaypse who beat exodus, mags, was beating loki, stalemated high evolutionary, beat hulk, laughed off black bolts scream. i mean dieing by a black bolt whisper thats just an insult it really is.

Mider
ummm i know who wins between drac and apoc :P but i cant tell i think

Diunic
To tell you the truth Apocalipses is just the first mutant, he good but not that powerful. Certainly he's nowhere near Loki level of power.

Pepito
He loses to Tyrant

leonidas
I couldnt find anything like that stated. Thats all assumption, extrapolation based on whats actually there. The sword expanded his senses he became omniscient but far from on a par with Dcs supreme being and its not stated that the voice was the Presences. Come on i thought JLAKMC was all about putting an end to this type of thing. sad

rereading the issue, the allusions are pretty clear, but you're right -- there is no on-panel evidence saying it was the supreme being that spoke to superman. the description of what was happening to him was reminiscent (to me) of thanos when he retrieved the hotu though -- he basically was in the process of becoming one with the universe. the mention of genesis and the big bang at the start, and the words 'let there be light' -- spoken of course by god in the bible, all allude to the fact that the voice supes heard was likely meant to be interpretted as the voice of god.

but, as that was the sword's only appearance, and he really didn't even use it for anything, it's tough to get too carried away by it. i'd forgotten how sily some of those old stories could seem!

GalacticStorm
rereading the issue, the allusions are pretty clear, but you're right -- there is no on-panel evidence saying it was the supreme being that spoke to superman. the description of what was happening to him was reminiscent (to me) of thanos when he retrieved the hotu though -- he basically was in the process of becoming one with the universe. the mention of genesis and the big bang at the start, and the words 'let there be light' -- spoken of course by god in the bible, all allude to the fact that the voice supes heard was likely meant to be interpretted as the voice of god.

but, as that was the sword's only appearance, and he really didn't even use it for anything, it's tough to get too carried away by it. i'd forgotten how sily some of those old stories could seem!

Thanx for the input Leonidas. Very objective, youre a true example of what JLAKMC stands for. wink

leonidas
embarrasment

grey fox
Sorry about the marvel reference i meant Dc's version of god , but i couldn't recall his in-comic name.

GalacticStorm
Sorry about the marvel reference i meant Dc's version of god , but i couldn't recall his in-comic name.

Regardless, all the stuff about the sword was extrapolation and speculation. Nothing was stated on panel with regards to God or the power it gave to him other than the fact that it expanded his senses he became omniscient.

grey fox
Regardless, all the stuff about the sword was extrapolation and speculation. Nothing was stated on panel with regards to God or the power it gave to him other than the fact that it expanded his senses he became omniscient.

True , but doesn't omniscient's go hand in hand with omnipotence ?

GalacticStorm
True , but doesn't omniscient's go hand in hand with omnipotence ?

Nope look at Captain Marvel and his cosmic awareness his "omniversal telepathy". Is he omnipotent? Eternity is said to be omniscient, is he omnipotent? no

grey fox
Nope look at Captain Marvel and his cosmic awareness his "omniversal telepathy". Is he omnipotent? Eternity is said to be omniscient, is he omnipotent? no

Indeed , but supes may indeed have some variation of reality warping powers . Considering that it even said on panel that he had hundreds of new powers.

Sir Whirlysplat

It is said on panel he becomes part of everything. I think thats as conclusive as anything you have provided for many arguments confused Which means it's not conlusive at all eek!

GalacticStorm
Indeed , but supes may indeed have some variation of reality warping powers . Considering that it even said on panel that he had hundreds of new powers.

Yet none of them were defined so thats just speculation GF. Not good enough no

Knightfall93
Superman prime runs the gauntlet

Who's this Superman prime then? the only Prime hero I know is SuperBOY Prime, and he's Prime earth's only meta- dude

GalacticStorm
It is said on panel he becomes part of everything. I think thats as conclusive as anything you have provided for many arguments confused Which means it's not conlusive at all eek!

double standards. not good. no im so glad Leonidas is around to uphold the true meaning of JLAKMC.

Sir Whirlysplat
double standards. not good. no im so glad Leonidas is around to uphold the true meaning of JLAKMC.

Double standards no I said its about as poor as most of your arguments.

GalacticStorm
Double standards no I said its about as poor as most of your arguments.

You stated it was the Presences voice and said that Superman became on a level with God. It being stated that Supes became one with everything was good enough for you to come to that conclusion. It wasnt until Leonidas pointed out exactly what was stated and my subsequent highlighting of your extrapolation that you backtracked and said basically oh i can say that because its as good an argument as your past Phoenix ones were. no

Double standards yes

Sir Whirlysplat
You stated it was the Presences voice and said that Superman became on a level with God. It being stated that Supes became one with everything was good enough for you to come to that conclusion. It wasnt until Leonidas pointed out exactly what was stated and my subsequent highlighting of your extrapolation that you backtracked and said basically oh i can say that because its as good an argument as your past Phoenix ones were. no

Double standards yes

I guess you had to read it in 1984 the time it was written wink We didn't analyse Gods voice then. smile

However you weren't born so the point is moot.

and yes its about as good as your spurious Phoenix argumenst where no on panel evidence is provided wink

GalacticStorm
I guess you had to read it in 1984 the time it was written wink We didn't analyse Gods voice then. smile

However you weren't born so the point is moot.

and yes its about as good as your spurious Phoenix argumenst where no on panel evidence is provided wink

Regardless, it was extrapolation, the God connection was a conclusion you were quite happy to go along with based merely on Supes being one with everything. Hmmm that line sounds awfully familiar wink

The comic said Supes was spoken to by an unseen voice and he felt himself becoming one with everything thats the sum total of your evidence for a god connection. Better than my Phoenix argument? no

Lets forget all of that anyway, in both cases its not canon. However this was a very interesting exercise. Thank you Whirly smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Regardless, it was extrapolation, the God connection was a conclusion you were quite happy to go along with based merely on Supes being one with everything. Hmmm that line sounds awfully familiar wink

The comic said Supes was spoken to by an unseen voice and he felt himself becoming one with everything thats the sum total of your evidence for a god connection. Better than my Phoenix argument? no

Lets forget all of that anyway, in both cases its not canon. However this was a very interesting exercise. Thank you Whirly smile

It also states he threw it away because he did not wish to become all powerful smile

You're right extemely interesting wink

GalacticStorm
It also states he threw it away because he did not wish to become all powerful smile

A relative term in comics, just like omnipotent, invulnerable and unlimited. Inconclusive. smile

You're right extemely intersting wink

yes agreed. Pat yourself on the back mate. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
A relative term in comics, just like omnipotent, invulnerable and unlimited. Inconclusive. smile

yes agreed. Pat yourself on the back mate. smile

Yes but in 1984 All powerful meant all powerful more literally, remember this was pre crisis when Supes was already "all powerful".

smile

Yes we have shown the sword really was pretty special. smile

leonidas
well, i'm glad this whole jla thing has brought us together so nicely . . .

roll eyes (sarcastic)

as usualy though, you are both right. in the 80's the sword probably WAS meant to show exactly what whirly is saying, and if it were brought back, it probably would be awesome!

and gs is right - there is nothing explicitly stating . . . anything really, other than supes was in the process of becoming one with the universe. genesis, 'let there be light', 'my son,' all ARE obvious allusions to god, without ever invoking his/its name. it does remind me a bit of old school gs (with whirly -- and i KNOW the irony is not lost on him!! -- playing the part of gs!), extrapolating based on allusions and circumstantial evidence.

asking for on-panel evidence however is a good way to end many debates . . .

and gs, WERE you born in 1984??? please tell me you were at LEAST born!!!!!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Yes but in 1984 All powerful meant all powerful more literally, remember this was pre crisis when Supes was already "all powerful".

Opinion. Your perspective. Inconclusive.

Yes we have shown the sword really was pretty special. smile

yes Indeed.

Reality warper? no God leveler? no

Sir Whirlysplat
Opinion. Your perspective. Inconclusive.

yes Indeed.

Reality warper? no God leveler? no

It beat King Kosmos smile Just by holding it everyone on Earth believed Superman again, did I forget to mention that smile Sorry My bad. Guess it altered reality which Kosmos had done wink

GalacticStorm
by holding it everyone on Earth believed Superman again, did I forget to mention that smile

So thats warping reality is it? confused How youre describing things sounds more like an alteration of perceptions, telepathy. smile

Regardless, post some scans and highlight how your interpretation is correct. Surely you cant expect me to take your word for it? wink

Sir Whirlysplat
So thats warping reality is it? confused How youre describing things sounds more like an alteration of perceptions, telepathy. smile

Regardless, post some scans and highlight how your interpretation is correct. Surely you cant expect me to take your word for it? wink

I don't really care if you take my word for it, it was fact before you were born smile

Thats enough for us oldies who know comics. smile

Perceptions are how we view reality laughing out loud you are sooooo...... young. E = for Ecstasy laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
I don't really care if you take my word for it, it was fact before you were born smile

Thats enough for us oldies who know comics. smile

More opinion, yet no evidence. Irrelevant.

Its cool. It was an interesting exercise regardless. Im just glad Leonidas was here to set the record straight. smile That guy really knows his comics. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
More opinion, yet no evidence. Irrelevant.

Its cool. It was an interesting exercise regardless. Im just glad Leonidas was here to set the record straight. smile That guy really knows his comics. smile

Yes he agreed with me smile It is funny though you need to read the comic some time smile

well, i'm glad this whole jla thing has brought us together so nicely . . .

roll eyes (sarcastic)

as usualy though, you are both right. in the 80's the sword probably WAS meant to show exactly what whirly is saying, and if it were brought back, it probably would be awesome!

and gs is right - there is nothing explicitly stating . . . anything really, other than supes was in the process of becoming one with the universe. genesis, 'let there be light', 'my son,' all ARE obvious allusions to god, without ever invoking his/its name. it does remind me a bit of old school gs (with whirly -- and i KNOW the irony is not lost on him!! -- playing the part of gs!), extrapolating based on allusions and circumstantial evidence.

asking for on-panel evidence however is a good way to end many debates . . .

and gs, WERE you born in 1984??? please tell me you were at LEAST born!!!!!!!!!

Nope he wasn't born then wink

he's just a kid laughing out loud

demigawd
*yawn*

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by demigawd
*yawn*

smile

GalacticStorm

Perceptions are how we view reality laughing out loud you are sooooo...... young. E = for Ecstasy laughing out loud

Altering how people feel about Supes is not reality warping. no

Not in the conventional sense not in the Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards mould people in the past claimed for the sword. smile

By your logic Purple Man is a reality warper smile

No matter. Still an interesting exercise. Thank heavens for good ole Leo. big grin

GalacticStorm
Yes he agreed with me smile

He agreed that was probably the writers intentions something i dont disagree with. Just like you didnt dispute a god connection with Phoenix but instead its canon status. big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
Altering how people feel about Supes is not reality warping.

Time to have some funny with someones level of intellect.

A question for GS - pleas answer it, What do you think reality is?

GalacticStorm

So purple mans a reality warper in the same sense that was claimed for the sword? Theres a difference between changing how we can perceive things and changing whats actually there to be perceived. smile

demigawd

Funky life, I've been told.
All that glitters is not gold
All gold is not reality,
momma, reality is what you perceive it to be!

Sir Whirlysplat
So purple mans a reality warper in the same sense that was claimed for the sword? Theres a difference between changing how we can perceive things and changing whats actually there to be perceived. smile

Answer my question please or I shall consider it a dodge, what do you think reality is?

Sir Whirlysplat

momma, reality is what you perceive it to be!

Agreed that's the basics of Metaphysics so by altering how someone percieves reality they are altering reality.

Thank you Demi smile

GalacticStorm
Answer my question please or I shall consider it a dodge, what do you think reality is?

Consider it what you will. Whether thats the reality of the situation is down to beholder. smile

So i guess Purple mans a reality warper in the same sense as was claimed for the sword. I guess any old telepath is a reality warper in the same sense as well? confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Consider it what you will. Whether thats the reality of the situation is down to beholder. smile

So i guess Purple mans a reality warper in the same sense as was claimed for the sword. I guess any old telepath is a reality warper in the same sense as well? confused

They certainly alter the individuals reality.

And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers. (Plato, Republic, 380BC)

You little Philosopher GS smile

GalacticStorm
They certainly alter the individuals reality.

And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers. (Plato, Republic, 380BC)

You little Philosopher GS smile

So they're reality warpers in a sense however if their power was categorised in a handbook they would hardly be called reality warpers would they? confused

They and Supes feats are a change in an individuals perception of their surroundings and not an alteration of actuality itself in a Franklin Richards mould. Cool. smile

Sir Whirlysplat

demigawd
Whirly is being difficult. He knows damn good and well the difference between reality and one's perception of reality, especially when there's a clear divorce between the two. Don't you, Whirly? wink

GalacticStorm
*yawn*

yes i hear ya

GalacticStorm
Whirly is being difficult. He knows damn good and well the difference between reality and one's perception of reality, especially when there's a clear divorce between the two. Don't you, Whirly? wink

Well Mr Splat? confused

Sir Whirlysplat

Well Reality is always subjective Demi do you see the same thing as the colour red as I do we both know it's red but is my red your red and which is the real red. smile

The act of observation by its nature affects reality itself, this though is a slightly different argument.

GalacticStorm
Well Reality is always subjective Demi do you see the same thing as the colour red as I do we both know it's red but is my red your red and which is the real red. smile

The act of observation by its nature affects reality itself, this though is a slightly different argument.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

demigawd

translation: I'm being difficult

Sir Whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes you're lost I have noticed you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your posts GS wink

GalacticStorm
Yes you're lost I have noticed you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your posts GS wink

Huh? NOW im lost wink

GalacticStorm
So to sum it up theres no canon god connection for the sword, it only expanded his consciousness and while holding the sword Supes could alter others perceptions of reality. Cool. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Huh? NOW im lost wink

And people say that you have absolutely nothing to offer this board! Damn Liars! After all, you have inferiority!

wink

GalacticStorm
And people say that you have absolutely nothing to offer this board! Damn Liars! After all, you have inferiority!

wink

And what people would that be? The views of a few embittered posters hardly warrants my attention.

Its more or less agreed here that no god connection exists in canon. Let it go mate. sad

Sir Whirlysplat
And what people would that be? The views of a few embittered posters hardly warrants my attention.

Its more or less agreed here that no god connection exists in canon. Let it go mate. sad

oooOOOO Diddums http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/baby.gif

GalacticStorm
oooOOOO Diddums http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/baby.gif

Ohhh the irony. wink

Its quite an open and shut case really as other members of the clan have commented. smile

No conclusive on panel evidence with regards to a god connection

And a quite apparent difference between ones perception of reality and reality itself as is the case with comics which i believe is the subject matter right? confused

Cool. smile

leonidas
doh

demigawd
doh

Don't look now, Leo, but I think you just assembled the Portland Trailblazers...

leonheartmm
Ohhh the irony. wink

Its quite an open and shut case really as other members of the clan have commented. smile

No conclusive on panel evidence with regards to a god connection

And a quite apparent difference between ones perception of reality and reality itself as is the case with comics which i believe is the subject matter right? confused

Cool. smile

the way u talk about the panel and authenticity to ur claims, one would think it was shoved up your ass with no hope of seeing the sun again

GalacticStorm
doh

Its alright guys, dont worry the team will endure. Just a bit of fun is all. laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the way u talk about the panel and authenticity to ur claims, one would think it was shoved up your ass with no hope of seeing the sun again

Who on earth invited Smeagle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sir Whirlysplat

The first part of your post has been addressed elsewhere and is irrelevant, moving on what you fail to understand is reality leaves a lot to the imagination and it is this paradox that you miss. I could give you a list of reading material to help you understand. Actually though your posting is altering my reality a bit because it reminds me of a seance and your posts a bit like the level of reality a medium conveys contacting the dead.

I leave you with a thought what does "losing your grip on reality mean", because if I have to read another post as simplistic as the last from you I fear this could happen to me from sheer boredom.

leonheartmm
Who on earth invited Smeagle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

your mother SWINE!

GalacticStorm
The first part of your post has been addressed elsewhere and is irrelevant moving on what you fail to understand is reality leaves a lot to the imagination and it is this paradox that you miss. I could give you a list of reading material to help you understand. Actually though your posting is altering my reality a bit because it reminds me of a seance and your posts a bit like the level of reality a medium conveys contacting the dead.

I leave you with a thought what does "losing your grip on reality mean", because if I have to read another post as simplistic as the last from you I fear this could happen to me from sheer boredom.

Your mistake is focusing too much on real world theories which is a naive thing to do when the subject matter is comics. As ive said previously and as Demi chimed in and supported me on, in comics theres a clear line between ones perceptions of reality and actuality itself. Thats the crux of the matter.

The phrase losing your grip on reality is my case in point. Its often used to describe someone going mad, someone falling victim to delusions and slowly being distanced from reality. Their personal perception of reality changes whilst reality itself is unaffected. A clear line between the two. smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
your mother SWINE!

I was running those mother jokes when i was 5. Damn even Whirly probably used them back in the day. Theyre old and distinctly unfunny. Sort it out mate. smile

leonheartmm
I was running those mother jokes when i was 5. Damn even Whirly probably used them back in the day. Theyre old and distinctly unfunny. Sort it out mate. smile

whatever made u think i was joking confused

Sir Whirlysplat

Sir Whirlysplat

Nahh when I use mother jokes they are funny

Yo momma's got hair on her tongue and she gargles with curl activator.

Yo momma's so fat when she wore a shirt with an AA on it people thought it was American Airlines biggest jet.

Yo momma's so dumb she thought Delta Airlines was a sorority.

Yo momma's so fat she gets clothes in three sizes: extra fat jumbo and oh-my-god-it's-coming-toward-us.

etc etc

smile

leonidas
Don't look now, Leo, but I think you just assembled the Portland Trailblazers...

laughing

but like the ringleader of the trailgangsta's i'd hoped a change of surrounding cast would sort things out. sheed's been nothing but a model citizen since coming to detroit!!

unfortunately it appears it was MY perception of reality that was askew . . . sad

in any event -- leon, the way you bash gs, it sounds like you might make a good jla member . . .

laughing

GalacticStorm

Sir Whirlysplat
I've just been reading some comments about the New X-men tpb which collects the here comes tomorrow story arc. In GMs notes he describes the Phoenixes in the white hot room as the angels of heaven crossed with the GL Corps. Interesting. big grin

Sure is they are like the Green Lantern core of Zuriels smile cool and kind of makes sense smile

leonidas
angels of heaven and the gl corps? what the hell is THAT supposed to mean? blink

never mind. i misread. it is an interesting analogy . . .

GalacticStorm
Nahh when I use mother jokes they are funny

Yo momma's got hair on her tongue and she gargles with curl activator.

smile

Oh sh*t thats the one laughing out loud

Ive never heard that one

GalacticStorm
Sure is they are like the Green Lantern core of Zuriels smile cool and kind of makes sense smile

Oh shut the f*ck up laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
Oh shut the f*ck up laughing out loud

wink Shutting up and going to bed have a good night mate.

GalacticStorm
wink Shutting up and going to bed have a good night mate.

Cool. Cya 2morrow. Why the long absence? The only fun to be had on here these days is arguing. wink

leonheartmm
Oh sh*t thats the one laughing out loud

Ive never heard that one

you obviously dont know your mother well then big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
Cool. Cya 2morrow. Why the long absence? The only fun to be had on here these days is arguing. wink

Been banned a lot lately, also been busy a lot smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.