Demon Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KathyBrowncoat
Okay, I don't normally pick up Horror flicks on DVD... but a friend just told me Stephen J. Cannell (who created a LOT of the TV shows I've loved on TV over the years) was one of the minds behind Demon Hunter, and that has me tempted to get this movie.

Has anyone seen it? Know anything about it?

My friend mentioning it was the first I'd heard of this film... was it direct to DVD?

THANKS!

manicmyk
I just found out about this flick! It looks a little like Hellboy meets Constantine. Sean Patrick Flannery plays the title role and is investigating a series of demonic posessions for the church and soon uncovers a plot to bring hell to Earth by whom other than Satan himself. I am definitely picking it up!

brad555

K.Diddy
Never heard of it, but from reading this thread, I will keeep an eye open

hobby
Originally posted by manicmyk
I just found out about this flick! It looks a little like Hellboy meets Constantine. Sean Patrick Flannery plays the title role and is investigating a series of demonic posessions for the church and soon uncovers a plot to bring hell to Earth by whom other than Satan himself. I am definitely picking it up!

that is the perfect way to describe it. I know a bunch of people think its just a rip off of Constantine, but I do feel its a cross between those 2 movies. I think it was well done, and i enjoyed it so much when I rented it, that I ended up buying it yesterday

steverules
The old one or the new one?

KathyBrowncoat
Figured I'd come back and post that my friends and I did watch Demon Hunter, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would... had good pacing, and the "horror" wasn't graphic make me want to cover my eyes and turn away stuff, for which I was very grateful! smile

We're now talking about adding another Stephen J. Cannell horror flick to our "to watch" list for upcoming horror nights... "It Waits" Don't know much about it, but given we liked Demon Hunter we figure Stephen J. Cannell alone is enough to make us go for it! smile

death 666
has any one seen the amittyville of horror

manicmyk
Ha! Yeah, I have seen both versions of AH and still prefer the original. I have IT Waits on my must see list. Cerina Vincent was great in Cabin Fever and the plot sounds very cool. A Native American legend escapes from a thousand year imprisonment in the bowels of hell to stalk a forest and kill anyone who might have an inkling of how to stop it! It is supposed to have some great gore and first rate creature effects.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.