Ingra Vs Dawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LawbringerALNM
Hey, I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure whose familiar with what. I notice most ppl here are more familiar with Marvel, DC, or Image characters. I'm hoping someone is familiar with Top Cow and the late Crossgen Comics...

In a battle between Ingra of House Sinister from "The First" against Dawn goddess of birth and rebirth from self titled series, who do you guys think would win?

It's a tough one for me, because Ingra has proven to be a master at manipulation rediculous amounts of cosmic energy, but she is truly not a real goddess, while Dawn is a natural divine force of Earth, yet I have not seen her do anything amazing.

Who do u think would win this ?

Mider
i know about Dawn but not ingra but ive only started knowing about dawn i know she had once gotten a sowrd that could cut through heaven and hell she also went up to the devil demanding to know who was killing her minions as if he was a nobody but tell us more about there powers and feats give us powers and feats for both.

LawbringerALNM
Hmm....ur right, maybe I should elaborate a bit more.

Ingra's power in her comic series is more suggested than actually shown, but the suggestions are all true.

As for feats that were shown: She had physically altered an entire planet to look like her homeworld (A world where every being is god-like in terms of physical and cosmic power), and she is the dictator of the evil side of this world (called House Sinister)

Ingra psychicly ripped one of her own fellow enemy goddesses from a mortal woman named Geselle on this altered world. The mortal woman was being possessed by an envious goddess who was trying to use the mortal's power against Ingra. Ingra sensed this from lightyears away and put a stop to this other goddess's plans. Ingra had forcefully teleported a large number of enemy gods away from her domain, even when they resisted her teleport.

Ingra has physically transformed the appearance of many beings, gods and mortals alike as a form of punishment, or for whatever plan serves her purpose. These transformation spells have proven irreversible, even for gods like herself.

On her world, called Elysia, Ingra is feared by many of her own race. She bullies other gods and goddesses, basically. She can manipulate cosmic power to do ALMOST anything she wants. She even temporarily transformed a bunch of mortals into powerhouses themselves, to serve as a personal army (long story).

Now.....Dawn.....I do not know the full affect of her powers, I only read "Lucifer's Halo" so I can only say so much. I DO KNOW, however, that she is on a level of power so high that she can be treated as equal to Lucifer and God himself. She argues with both numerous times, and has no fear for either one. She also is the lover of Death Incarnate. Dawn, unlike Ingra, is a NATURAL cosmic force, while Ingra was created by another being (who is like....infinitely powerful lol but ne way)......

Dawn is the EARTH GODDESS, goddess of birth and re birth, and I guess the only way to destroy her would be to destroy Earth. INGRA...can do that. Ingra has the power to destroy worlds. This is the tough part......

Dawn is a REAL goddess, a natural part of Earth's order, she IS Earth in a sense. Ingra is only ONE being, but one being with so much power, that she can shatter planets...not with EASE, but she is more than capable.

If anyone is familiar with both, please argue here lol

I can't wait to see who thinks of what !

Mider
i have read that dawn had a sword that could cut through heaven and hell can ingra do that?

Mider
did ingra made a world on her own or did she remodle a already existing one?

LordKaos
She said she created the world, so that's all we have to go on, unlike other comics Crossgen writes rarely wrote anthing other than what their characters said or thought, so if somebody said he or she did this or that you'd would just have to take it literally, unlike marvel when somebody says they can shatter mountains but then the writer puts in a side panel saying something else.

Mider
i think she could defeat onslought for sure but Dawn she does have that sword

Mider
so in crossgen we dont really get to see alot of actual power feats?

LordKaos
Not in the First, there are a few, but there is mostly a lot of talking about power feats instead actually doing them, the other books had all the action, and cameos of members of the First.

Mider
does Dawn have alot of on panal feats?

Lord Urizen
Actually Mider yeah !

In the graphic novel "Return of the Goddess" Dawn used that same sword you mentioned to cut Lucifer's face and slice off God's hand !

Now remember, in Dawn's Universe, God (called Ahura Mazda in this case) isn't the supreme being. There are Elder Gods whose identities are not made clear, however Dawn's lover Death is one of those elders)

I'm really not sure who would win in this case.

Ingra can destroy planets, and Dawn is the embodyment of the spirit of EArth.

However, i THINK with that sword she may be able to decapitate Ingra, reglardless of Ingra's possible cosmic superiority .

Lord Urizen
I guess we don't have too many Dawn or Crossgen fans here lol

Damn MArvel DC fanboys ! miffed

LordKaos
I don't know Dawn, but i have every First, Mystic and Negation issue and a few of the others. Ingra would never really engage in battle, she is a seductress who uses her power and influence to meet her ends.

Mider
lol i have most of the dawn comics i suppose

dawn genesis edition
cry for dawn
return of the goddess
dawn three teirs
crypt of dawn
dreams of dawn
1 or eleven
drama
violents or something i dont remeber the name properly
and dawn 1/2 and wizard 1/2 i need the 1/2 called as deep as

Lord Urizen
{I don't know Dawn, but i have every First, Mystic and Negation issue and a few of the others. Ingra would never really engage in battle, she is a seductress who uses her power and influence to meet her ends.}

i miss Crossgen. Actually, Ingra would if she had to. She has the power to do so, but she would only fight if it was necessary, and since there was no one who could actually give her a challenge other than Altwall, she didn't need to seriously fight anyone. She was too powerful and too smart to be defeated by anyone, even those godlike beings.

She is the WOMAN...she's the most impressive villian in my opinion. She is also the best written villian, and it's such a shame that so many people don't know about her.

Animora was great 2, but she was sorta typical. Animora, what a gorgeous woman, but also how evil. I think her evil virged on that of even QZTR.

lol i have most of the dawn comics i suppose

{dawn genesis edition
cry for dawn
return of the goddess
dawn three teirs
crypt of dawn
dreams of dawn
1 or eleven
drama
violents or something i dont remeber the name properly
and dawn 1/2 and wizard 1/2 i need the 1/2 called as deep as}

Wait, bro are these all graphic novels? i mean full graphic novels like Lucifer's Halo and Return of the Goddess? OMGGG

I GOTTA GET THOSE !!!

I'm gonna email you with questions about Dawn's other novels, ok ?

: )

Milkie
Go to go the Linsner's website. The boadies there are hot. Mainly Jessica Rox she is the best looking one on the site out of all of the girls!!!

http://www.linsner.com/index.asp

Lord Urizen
DAWN IS GORGEOUS ! She looks like Carmen Electra yummmyy

But Ingra is also very sexy.

I still think that battle could go either way.

If Ingra knows to step away from Dawn's sword, she won't get hurt.

Ingra could though probably destroy Dawn from a distance. Ingra can destroy entire worlds, and Earth is just a world.

Mider
i hope Dawn also has long range attacks

Lord Urizen
She might. I just never seen them, but what battle did Dawn ever need to do long range energy attacks?

See the hard thing is that Dawn isn't meant to be a character pitted against another.....her comic book is completely different.

Dawn is a story containing mythology philosophy religion along with entertainment. She's not a super hero, and her journeys aren't exactly cosmic odysseys, they are more like moral and spiritual odysseys.

Dawn is Death's lover, however. And remember, Dawn is also the embodyment of every Earth Goddess in any mythology. She is not only Gaia and Aurora the Greek mothers or nurture, she is also KALI the Hindu Goddess of Destruction (As shown in Dawn: Return of the Goddess)

I don't thnk we've been introduced to Dawn's full potential.

However, thanks to Negation War's cancellation, we haven't been introduced to Ingra's full potential either ! miffed

Mider
both would fall to deady the evil teddy bear O_O jk

Lord Urizen
Evil Teddy Bear takes this lol

Juntai
RIP Crossgen.
sad

During it's run, I nearly stopped collecting DC and Marvel altogether in it's favor.

Lord Urizen
"RIP Crossgen.

During it's run, I nearly stopped collecting DC and Marvel altogether in it's favor."

SAME HERE BRO ! Crossgen put DC and Marvel to absolute shame in my opinion, the creativity was so much higher, and the artwork was OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!

HEy does anyone have any idea what was supposed to happen in Negation War between First and Lawbringers ?

I heard Ingra, Trenin, and Altwaal were the only survivors of the Lawbringers attack.

Mider
anyone like Dogwitch?

Lord Urizen
What's Cogwitch ?

Lord Urizen
Dogwitch ? ***

Mider
i would hope that Dawn has at least a few long range attacks cause that added to her sword she would be amazingly difficult to take on.

anyone like dogwitch wink

Lord Urizen
The thing is Dawn isn't designed to be that kind of character.

Her comic books are more about mythology than about super hero conflicts.

Althought she may be capable of many a feat, It's hard to tell .

It's contradictory how she cut off God's hand with that sword, but then moved out of the way when she was being attacked by two demons who had guns........

I guess it was important to the story or w/e

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.